[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 48 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 20211125_061339.jpg (1.11 MB, 2576x1932)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB JPG
I work in a steel mill and yesterday something amazing happened. I turned around and there was a cat laying on the ground in front of a space heater. It stayed there for a bit and after a few hours I managed to pick it up and take it into a smaller and warmer side room. When the shift ended, I took it home with me. I'm planning to keep it. Except it hasn't eaten or drunken anything since I've brought it home.

I'm providing it with as many options as I can, dry food, canned food, water, and even milk. It hasn't had any though. It's walked around a little bit, but seems to be doing that less and less now. At first I thought it was just cold and tired because it had been leaving in a cold and loud steel mill before this, but it's been at least 18 hours that I know of since it ate or drank anything. It's eyes are constantly closed, like it can't open them.

I KNOW I NEED TO GET IT TO A VET. But even after I got out of work yesterday, they were all closed and with today being Thanksgiving, they'll all be closed today too. I keep telling myself that it can't be any worse off with me than it would have been still struggling alone at the cold mill, but those thoughts aren't getting me results.

I am desperate anons. I need ideas, advice, anything, just to help it survive through the day so I can get it to a vet tomorrow.
>>
>>3988650
It's probably dying, take away the milk, if it drinks any it'll just get the shits. Just keep it warm and leave food and water nearby and hope it survives till you can take it to a vet.
Most likely it was poisoned my one of the myriad of toxic chemicals and gases present in a steel mill.
>>
>>3988659
Not a good enough answer anon. Also, we don't make the steel in our mill, we turn the steel into pipes. The only ones at work who have to worry about any sort of breathing protection are the grinders and that's because it kicks up so much steel dust.

I just got back from the grocery store, was looking for an eye dropper, they didn't have one, of course. Got a cake frosting pippette thing. That'll have to do. Gonna try and force some water in her mouth.
>>
>>3988650
if vets are closed maybe ask a shelter for help
>>
>>3988665
>Gonna try and force some water in her mouth.
Careful not to make her choke. Have you tried canned tuna? Anything smelly roasted chicken or canned tuna. The canned tuna will help add moisture. You can try rubbing it under her lips to get her to lick it and maybe induce appetite . Hoping she makes it anon. :(
>>
>>3988675
I tried your suggestion yesterday with the canned cat food. I guess I can give it a try with Tuna. She seems really tired now, like she's too tired to even get up and change her sleeping position. Everytime I lift her up, there is absolutely no resistance, she's gone completely dead weight limp. She's constantly opening her mouth as if she's trying to meow, but no sound comes out.
>>
>>3988679
Can you take more pics of her? Some of her face as well
>>
>>3988679
Try a spoon to get some water down the back of her throat. Make it lukewarm water, and if you can, put some water bottles of water next to her body. Basically, heat her up a little.
>>
>>3988683
Warm water bottles.
>>
File: 20211125_080831.jpg (2.07 MB, 2576x1932)
2.07 MB
2.07 MB JPG
>>3988682
I took a few. Had to hold her head up to get a good angle even. She's not really moving around and her breathing still seems labored.
>>
File: 20211125_080656.jpg (1.84 MB, 2576x1932)
1.84 MB
1.84 MB JPG
As you can see, I've got tuna and canned food right in front of her, no reaction. I've put the tuna juice on her chin even and she won't even lick it off.
>>
File: 20211125_080722.jpg (1.7 MB, 2576x1932)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB JPG
Another face picture.
>>
Video I took of her.
>>
>>3988716
google emergency vets in your area. if you plan on ever going to the vet, might as well do it now. otherwise, the cat is dead.
>>
>>3988731
I have. One isn't open today. The only other one doesn't open for another hour and that's assuming they're open today.
>>
I smell bullshit
Where do you live that has a steel mill but no vets open on wednesday?
Good thing cats dont matter
>>
>>3988733
well. put away the milk and do not force anything in it's face. might give it pneumonia from aspirated water/food too. all i can say is see a vet asap. you did plenty already though. shit happens, life is a horrorshow.
>>
>>3988735
>Good thing cats dont matter

you must confuse them for blacks...
>>
>>3988733
Do your best anon, the little thing is counting on you
>>
>>3988735
You mean the day before Thanksgiving in which everyone is closing early and getting ready for a 4 day weekend? How is that bullshit? The timing of all this is terrible.

Anyway, I tried spoonfeeding it some lukewarm water like the one anon suggested. I think it helped. The cat at least started to make more noise, louder meows. I take any movement and noise as a good sign right now. It even tried to walk towards where I have all the food options, but it then fell over right beside the dish.

>>3988736
Well fuck. I tried that, think it helped, hopefully it didn't hurt. I'm worried it might be injured, in which case, any handling I'm doing of it, is probably just causing it pain and making things worse, but I know it needed some water, even if it didn't want it. I hate not knowing what's wrong or what I should be doing. I just know that something definitely is wrong.

45 more minutes until I can try the other emergency vet care.
>>
It's dead. God it's fucking dead. I was letting it lie there and then it made a gurgling scream and it's front paws started flailing. Now it's laying there motionless. It's dead. It's fucking dead. I couldn't save it, worse yet, for all I know my actions might have killed it. Fuck. FUCK!
>>
>>3988749
I'm sorry anon, you did your best. You definitely didn't do anything to kill it. She was clearly on her way out, all you did was make her feel warm and cared for in her last hours.
>>
>>3988749
it was not your fault do not blame yourself, the cat was already too sick and you happen to be there for her
>>
>>3988735
Good thing you don't matter, subhuman.
>>
>>3988749
RIPEROO
At least it spend the last moments in a warm house with someone taking care of it. Don't blame yourself
>>
>>3988749
You did good anon. The cat was lucky to die in a safe and warm place.
>>
>>3988749
I'm so sorry. You gave her a warm place to rest as she passed. There was nothing else you could have done
>>
>>3988749
you are a good person who took care of a extremely sick cat in its final moments, giving it comfort and shelter, most people would either ignore or delegate the problem to someone else
>>
I just got back from the grocery store. I bought a 12 pack of beer. I'm just going to sit around and drink that today. Thanksgiving plans are cancelled. I'll try to restart my life again tomorrow and pretend this whole thing never happened. I know better than to let myself get this attached to an animal. I had it for less than 24 hours, but it had been years since my last cat died, and I thought that maybe this was the one to let into my life. Also, don't watch an animal die in front of you if you can help it. It's not a pleasant sight, or sound.
>>
>>3988822
Go to a shelter and adopt a cat when you're ready. You did what you could for this one.
>>
File: 20210417_154744.jpg (1.03 MB, 2560x1440)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB JPG
>>3988749
It happens...I know.
>>
>>3988846
It hurts man. It was only for a day, but it still hurts.
>>
You know. I never did name it either. Never even found out if it was a male or female, but, I'm naming it after the fact. One. Was with me for one day. One very special and very hard day. I'll miss you One.
>>
Okay. This is the OP. I'm exiting the topic now. Respond if you want, but just know that I probably won't see it now. Busy getting hammered and playing videogames that don't really matter, but kill time.
>>
>>3988716
Emergency vet now...
>>
File: 1637361417538.jpg (55 KB, 640x853)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>3988749
It was super sick. You tried your best. This happened to me before but not with cats. You did 500x more than what other people would do
>>
atleast you gave it company in it's final moments anon.
>>
I'm sorry Anon. You did what you could and let least One died in a warm house and not in a cold alley or under someone's tires.
Keep on going.
>>
I'm so sorry anon. You did everything you could
>>
>>3988749
Im sorry OP. Sounds like you really tried everything you could, its tragic there were no vets available but don't blame yourself. Bury the sweet thing somewhere nice and give it a name.
>>
>>3988749
I am so sorry anon. Please know you could not have done anything. She was dying when you found her and there was nothing you could do. Even if you could've taken her to a vet, which was impossible, odds are they would have been unable to do anything either.

I'm a huge cat lover and I sincerely appreciate that you tried helping her. It's okay.
>>
>>3988749
You did your best anon I commend you
>>
>>3988749
>for all I know my actions might have killed it
Surely not. It sounds like there was something seriously wrong before you found it and that's why it even let itself be found. At least it could die in a safe and comfy space, don't be too sad.
Maybe see if you can get a trap to catch any leftover cats that might be in the mill so you can still use all that good energy and cat stuff.
>>
Anon I'm sorry. You tried. At least it passed in warmth and surrounded by someone who cared instead of a cold alleyway.
>>
File: 20211124_170005.jpg (1.07 MB, 2576x1932)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB JPG
I had been looking forward to this 4 day weekend for at least a month. I haven't done anything the past 3 days. I mean I did some laundry and cooked some food. Played a bunch of videogames to distract myself, but I didn't enjoy them. I really needed the break from work, but now it's over and work resumes again tomorrow. Some people are going to ask me about One and I'll have to tell them that One died. Tomorrow is going to suck. Life in general is probably going to suck for a while.
I didn't think this topic would still be here. I guess it's a slow enough board to not have been purged yet. I appreciate all the words of kindness and support, but as I'm sure any of you who have gone through something similar know, they don't do much.
Anyway, I should probably get to bed now.
>>
File: crying-black-guy-meme.gif (3.47 MB, 330x336)
3.47 MB
3.47 MB GIF
>>
>>3992433
I'm really sorry man. You did what you could.

I'm pretty sure that it was poisoned or something and beyond help, it's likely that even a vet wouldn't have been able to do much.

>>3988749
Definitely not. You didn't do anything crazy like give her human medicine or whatever. Your actions were just kind actions that allowed her to pass on in warmth and security. Feel sad that you weren't able to save her, but please, do NOT blame yourself.
>>
>>3992433
Just be glad you didn't take it to the emergency vet after all
>Take to vet
>They go all out trying to save her
>Dies anyway
>Hello sirs here is your $2009 emergency bill
>>
>>3988822
I put down my dying cat with a .38 special between the ears and gave it a dignified burial.
What's your excuse, faggot?
>>
>>3992433
Either I've been extremely disillusioned by death, or you are a huge pussy (no pun intended).
Everything dies. Get over it.
>>
>>3993715

While this is true, OP still should have taken it to an emergency vet any way to have it humanely euthanised if you ask me. Instead the cat had a shitty, long, drawn out death.

Oh well.
>>
This shit fucking hurts
>>
>>3992433
Jesus Christ OP yes it sucks that the cat died but you clearly have issues if the death of an animal you cared for for barely 24 hours put you in such a depressive state.
>>
>>3992433
Hey Anon, I just want to say what you did was really noble and to not think too harsh of yourself. You gave the small fella a place to feel safe and warm, even in its final moments. It's normal to feel loss, even if you barely knew them, but I can assure you, that what you did must've that felt like a blessing for them. All I can say is not to feel ashamed about losing her, but feel glad that you sheltered her.
>>
>>3988749
Good. There's nothing special about cats, there's millions of these shitty vermin in the entire world so one dying means nothing when in fact we need millions of them to die to fix nature. But since you seem to be down, kill yourself.
>>
>>3995336
18+ website
>>
>>3995336
cool story bro i just fed another stray. i hope they have kittens.
>>
>>3995346
He deserves it, as if anyone here actually gives a damn about a filthy shitty roaming feral cat the only reason you phonies pretend to care is because this is a thread made on the comfort of a board meaning you don't have to struggle doing anything at all in the real world. All you do is offer your insincere thoughts and prayers because words are cheap.

And he said the cat is female so it probably lived long enough to give birth to a bunch of shitty feral cats who should be killed on sight before they unleash more damage on the ecosystem. Again there's millions of these feline vermin and they tend to reproduce worse than rabbits before they die. These feline vermin should not be lamented when they die, it should be celebrated when they die. Disgusting trash animals that flourish due to human ignorance.
>>
>>3995357
I'm sorry about whatever issues you're struggling with, too.
>>
>>3993717
Should've done yourself too while you were at it
>>
>>3995357
Im sorry you have issues

Get help man
>>
>>3988650
You did your best broheim
>>
>>3988974
Retard
>>
>>3993720
Please just fucking kill yourself you piece of shit. You may live animals but it’s probably because you’re an asshole to humans and vmblame everyone else for all your failed relationships.
>>
>>3996461

Look at this guy projecting. That anon said nothing wrong btw, because the cat DID die an unnecessarily long death. OP can throw a pity party for himself all he wants but he should have acted on the cat clearly being in the process of dying.
>>
Thank you OP for trying. It was clearly already very sick. You helped a little kitty have a warm and safe place to stay for its final moments. You did good.
>>
>>3988650
Rip
>>
File: majimaps2.png (1.1 MB, 1654x967)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB PNG
>wtf is wrong with my cat, here are some symptoms
>its likely dying, take care of it and keep it comfortable in the meantime
>wrong. not a good enough answer
>wtf my cat died. im now gonna have a mental breakdown because i didnt see this coming
>>
File: 1623079335519.png (389 KB, 520x1004)
389 KB
389 KB PNG
>>3995357
>phonies
>>
No 24h animal hospitals where you live?
>>
>>3995357
hey man if this isn't just teenage angst, you should seriously consider seeing a therapist or something. Hope you get better or just kill yourself. Have a good Day !!!
>>
You did the right thing homie
>>
Sometimes animals just need a bit of time and they pull through, other times they aren't strong enough.
It's still a sad thing to watch a living creature struggle and then die.
All the edge lord, try hard, faggots saying stuff like "duhhh, you a faggot, OP" think they sound hardened and tough...but they just sound like edgy little shit stains.
OP did what any well adjusted, mature human being would do.
Any criticism of him comes from pathetic maggots who should stop licking the crotch of their mothers shit slickened knickers, get outside, experience the real world a little...or, better yet, they should hang themselves.
>>
>>3995357
Off yourself, cum guzzler.
For the record, I'm serious...you definitely should consider killing yourself.
>>
>>3988757
This.
>>
>>3988749
You did good anon. I'm proud of you.
>>
>>3995357
>trolling on /an/ of all places
do zoomers really
>>
>>3988974
Idiot
>>
>>3999786
>Off yourself, cum guzzler.
>For the record, I'm serious...you definitely should consider killing yourself.

Eat shit and die zoophile.
>>
File: 1638338531689.jpg (77 KB, 663x407)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>3988749
>>3988822
>>3992433
An animal that was on death's door when you found it died. The first post ITT told you exactly what was up but
>that's not a good enough answer anon
Then you proceed to tizzy yourself up thinking you can save it by fucking around with water and tuna only to get all woe betide me when it turns out FPBP. The cat dying obviously isn't on you but being a faggot about it is.

>>3999785
>think they sound hardened and tough
I like to think I'm more of a wicked, nihilistic type

Pic unrelated

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.