[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (510 KB, 507x680)
510 KB
510 KB PNG
so i got a new cat
named him loaf
any advice since it's the first time i'll take care of a cat on my own?
>>
Poop in the cat's litter tray for the first few weeks it will eventually start copying you.
>>
>>3986934
sure...
>>
Eat food from the floor for the first months. It will eventually start copying you.
>>
Wipe your ass on the carpet for the first few weeks it will eventually start copying you.
>>
Climb on the counter and nock things down for the first few weeks it will eventually start copying you.
>>
File: 1634718588204 (1).webm (876 KB, 306x576)
876 KB
876 KB WEBM
>>3986954
>>
>>3986947
>>3986954
Hold on why are you training your cat to misbehave?
>>
>>3986921
Loaf is quite cute.
Get a few toys, and see what his personality quirks are, every cat has a couple. From there its easy as cats take care of themselves for the most part as long as you provide food, water and clean litter.
>>
>>3987006
i already have some toys since my family owns cats
so far he seems pretty sociable and he likes attention
>>
Lay on your own lap for a few weeks and it will eventually start copying you.
>>
>>3986921
don't feed him too much, it has a very nice figure and could have health problems if it gets fat, specially when he gets older
>>
> and he likes attention
aw, so cute. he is exactly like us
>>
>>3987181
yeah i'm going to be careful with that
i have one cat at home that's fat (not really our fault since he got fat from eating mice) and he has health problems
>>
>>3986921
take 1.5 liter empty water bottle or newspaper
eact time he tryies doing something bad bonk him gently and just wait while watching
if he tryies to do that again bonk him again
it's not to pain him it's so he realizes it's bad and it mimics cat paw slap
>>
>>3987671
>he got fat from eating mice
Doubt it. You can free feed cats with good quality food as long as they aren't deadly bored they won't just eat themselves fat.
>>
>>3987802
my cat wouldn't give a fuck if you bonked him he would take it as an invitation to play fight
>>
>>3987802
I did this with my first dog and he started wincing as if he were about to get slapped when I put my hand up. I never hit him but it made me feel bad.
>>
>>3986921
Avoid these cat food brands (this also applies to dog food)
Mars Pet Care: Royal Cain, Sheba, Iams, Whiskas, Nutro, and Greenies.
Nestle: Friskies, Purina (all brands), Fancy Feast, Beyond, Deli Cat, Muse, Kit & Kaboodle, Kitten and Cat Chow.
JM Smucker: Rachel Ray Nutrish, Meow Mix, 9Lives, and Natural Balance.
Colgate-Palmolive: Hill's Pet.
General Mills: Blue (all brands)
>>
>>3988516
>Avoid all pet food
Ok is there a real reason or is it just commies butthurt about >CORPORATIONS!
>>
Fuck the female cats in the neighborhood. It will eventually start copying you
>>
>>3988391
it doesn't work on dogs tho lol
>>
>>3988516
>literally fuking everything

What am i suppose to feed my cat then
>>
>>3988519
Yes, there a valid reason. First of all notice how all the companies I have listed except for Colgate-Palmolive have one thing in common. They produce candy, cereal, and other junk food. Why would you trust the same people who make M&M's and Cheerios to make pet food. Second reason are the ingredients in these cat foods. Cat are obligated carnivore and lack amylase in there saliva. Yet these cat foods have high amount of carbohydrates, ranging from 20 to 40 percent. For example, here are the first five ingredients in Royal Cain Indoor Adult Cat: Chicken Meal, Corn, Brewers Rice, Corn Gluten Meal, Wheat. Meal meat consists of render meat including disease or dying animals. The rest of the ingredients contain grains. This bag of pet food has about 39% of carbohydrates. The wet foods are not even better since they still contain carbohydrates and mystery meat. Example, Friskies Classic Pate Mariner's Catch: Fish, Water Sufficient for Processing, Meat By-Products, Liver, Poultry By-Products, Rice. Third reason, recall history. I'm not going into detail for this one. Just type any one of these brand follow by the word recall and you will find a huge list.
>>
>>3989069
My grandpa ate m&ms and hersheys candy most of his life and he lived til 89 so i dont see what the hubbub is all about. Sinatra lived to a ripe old age and he chainsmoked cigarettes and ate burgers. If it was that unhealthy that the food killed people, people would either stop eating it or itll be outright banned. Just saying
>>
>>3989017
Here are some cat food that are decent. Kiwi Peak, Meow Air Dried, Dr Elsey's Clean Protein, Orijen Region Red, RAWZ, Tiki Cat Born Carnivore, NZ Natural, Feline Natural, Raw Paws, Darwin's, and Hare Today.
>>
>>3989094
My cat REFUSES to eat tikicat. I though those mfers loved organ meat, what gives?
>>
>>3989099
Cats are kinda picky when it comes to food.
>>
>>3989017
My cat loves Farmina if you can find it. Gf worked at a pet store that was run by some pet nutrition expert, it's what she recommended
>>
>>3986921
Give him love. Lots of love. Even if only for a day.
>>
>>3988519
It's garbage flavored like meat so cats eat it. More likely to kill your cat with kidney failure and urethral blockages than sustain for a lifetime. Nothing really wrong with Fancy Feast Classic though. Feed cats wet food only, the lack of water contributes significantly to the developer of bladder crystals. Dry food with water is fine but cats only need water in the first place because they're fed dry foods

>>3988519
Dave's Healthy pet food, Nulo, Kasiks/First mate, Tiki Cat, Wellness, any number of foods exist for cats if you just look. PetSmart has their own brand: Authority. Petco too:Whole-Hearted
>>
>>3989099
Some cats really hate chunks and shreds. Tiki has a pate now though. You can try that. Some cats really are just particular
>>
I feed my cat Weruva and Nulo
>>
>>3989249
Have you knowm any cats to hate pate?
>>
>>3989187
i always give him lots of love
he sits next to me when i sleep so i always scratch his head
>>
>>3989081
really wish I could be bothered to search for a brainlet wojak right now
>>
>>3988516
>>3986921
i'm this guy >>3987181
i buy my cats Optimum, it's cheaper than whiskas and has very good reviews, as for dry food i give them Golden from premierPet
>>
also sometimes give it real food, raw egg whites, cooked liver and meat, a little butter on a small piece of bread, he may or may not like any of it so you'll have to find out

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.