[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

My roommate bought a mouse and let his border terrier chase it around the room and torture it with bites before eating it. What punishments will he get if I report him to the authorities? There isn't much evidence considering how the dog ate the entire mouse.
>>
>>3952476
Probably nothing. The mouse was likely intended to be a feeder for reptiles or whatever, I don't know that this would be any different.
>>
>>3952476
Do you or have you ever owned a cat?
>>
I honestly do not know if they could be charged unless they admitted to authorities they in fact did this, or if you could provide substantial evidence.

If the dog literally ate the entire mouse there would be no evidence say except maybe traces of the mouse in feces.

I doubt you wanna go through dog dung though. Even then they might not count it as substantial evidence to prove that it was the mouse that your roommate let his dog torture.

I dunno what I said is any help, I am not a law guy. I hope something happens to the guy though. And I hope your mind is ok after that.
>>
they're just rats
>>
>>3952476
bro its just a mouse
>>
>>3952558
>>3952559
I'll triple decrease your intelligence (there's not alot to decrease anyway) and then put you in a cage with a tiger then.
>>
File: 1626402230158.png (300 KB, 658x613)
300 KB
300 KB PNG
>>
>>3952476
so what

you have eaten more lives that had far worse lives and far worse deaths. at least his dog got some cardio out of it. you just sit on your fat ass and order burgers on uber eats instead of tracking deer like a proper human being.
>>
He's just letting his dog do what's natural to it. It's cruel to deny ratters their nature. Besides who cares you're a massive hypocrite unless you refuse medicines etc which are mostly tested on mice.
>>
File: 1634205561966.jpg (8 KB, 144x174)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>3952476
On one hand that's quite cruel to the mouse. On the other hand the terrier was probably overjoyed to actually chase a rodent for once. So I'd say the overall happiness in the world increased. So, whatever.
>>
>>3952476
Imaging being such a bitch snitch that you can't even punish your roommate yourself and instead need some "big guy" to do it for you. lmao
>>
Imagine being such a brainlet you didn't poison the dog and blame it on your roommate for being a piece of shit and feeding it a fucking live mouse.

Everyone laugh at OP.
>>
>>3952476
Time to think about roomate agreement rules, sounds stupid but if you want to minimize those incidents is best, or move out.
>>
>>3952476
the dog ate it. That's the circle of life. At least the dog didn't kill it for fun and leave the mangled corpse somewhere.
>>
You people just fucking get it. That's just what the dog is bred to do. Let him be
>>
Ok, so a mouse is fine, then what about a bird? A bunny? Where do you guys draw the line?
>>
>>3954141
another similarly sized dog or a human being. that's it really. everything else is subject to prey drive, aka the natural order, and you can't really blame the animals for having a "problem". they are just being normal for their species.
>your chihuahua got eaten by their borzoi?
>your rat got eaten by their cat?
>your cow got enslaved for generations and reared by food by their human?
>>
>>3954141
Anything that would create problems for other human beings if the dog became aggressive to that animal
>>3954148
so basically other dogs or people, as this anon says. How is it a problem if a dog hunts a bunny?
>>
>>3952476
This isn't really any different than people taking their bird dog to a game farm to hunt captive quail. And millions of people do that every year. If you don't want him doing that around you, tell him that, but it's unlikely that you could get him in trouble.
>>
>>3952476
Live feeding is based
>>
>>3952476
>report him to the authorities
>evidence
cucked.
>roommate
so he does something like this, and you let him sleep peacefully under the same roof?

fuck him up anon. fuck him up in a way that he'll remember it (facial disfigurement, missing digits, etc), even if he reports you to the cops, you'll have a good explanation to a court that a lot of people will sympathize with, and you'll be proud of what you did for the rest of your life.
>>
>>3952476
I mean it's cruel but it's what we do with snakes. I would only give a mouse to a snake though personally. Although wild mice I myself kill. Vermin they are even if cute.
>>
>>3952476
nothing you hippie
>>
>>3952476
Faggot
>>
>>3954279
All this for a mouse? You gonna cry about the bacteria I just killed a few moments ago by washing my hands? Pussy ass mother fucker.
>>
>>3952476
No punishment. If it really bothers you and continues to bother you, you can always punch your roomate in the face right before you move out.
>>
>>3952479
Cats killing mice is different. My cat kills mice that get into the house, and I always reward him. I never introduce the mice into the house for fun, that's fucked.
>>
>>3952476
Mouse owner here, so understand that I'm on your side when I say this: don't bother. First of all, if you're in the United States, cops are largely jock retards that would all do the same thing if they were bored enough. Even if you're in a country where cops are some level of educated/reasonable, most countries still think of mice as vermin. At best you'll get a sympathetic look that says, "Yeah, that's pretty fucked up, but what can we really do about it?"

The most you can really do is explain to your roommate how disturbing this was provided they have any shred of reason or decency, and if not, physically intervene if it happens again. Shove the dog away, pick the mouse up, and try to give it some sort of shelter. Take it back to the pet store and explain what happened and they'll probably take it back no questions asked; usually half the staff hates selling them as feeders anyway. You can also show them a picture of your roommate and say that he's just torturing the animals out of boredom and not even for snake purposes (which I think you have to be a little broken to be OK with doing on a regular basis to begin with, but that's neither here nor there).

In the meantime, find new living arrangements.
>>
>>3955578
mate, it's a mouse.

>>3954822
>i never introduce the mice into the house for fun
effectively by not taking every step sans cat to prevent rodent infestation, you do.
>>
>>3955579
Yes, every animal is worthless except the ones you like.
>>
>>3952476
Kek, it's a mouse, nothing will happen.
>>
>>3955580
Mice in particular are just worthless. It's an animal that evolved to parasitize the unwilling and only give them disease in return. Let it out of its cage and you just have vermin. Let a cat outside of its cage, and you still have the same friendly cat, and far fewer vermin.

Maybe if mice could do more than give us horrible diseases and coat the ground in piss and shit they could stay. If only there were some larger, more intelligent rat that could be trained to shit in one specific spot that did not make us ill so often. I think we would call it the chad rat. Or chat, for short.
>>
>>3955606
>friendly cat
My apologies, my intention was never to pick on a retard. Please carry on with your day.
>>
>>3955613
>cats don't like him
>soulless being detected
>>
>>3955614
No, they "like" me just fine. As in, they rub up against me and all that shit. It's just that it doesn't make sense to call them "friendly" because they are among the least intelligent animals on the planet. They act the way they do because they are frighteningly stupid, not because they intend to be friendly, or have anything else resembling keen instinct or rational intent.
>>
>>3955626
not him but i bet you never had a cat that loved you
>>
File: img.jpg (132 KB, 980x673)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
>>3955626
bro if you want to say "yeah i got no soul so what" just say it
>>
>>3955626
Oh hey it's this weird dogfucker fanfiction again lmao
>>
>>3955650
And yet notice how I still think their lives have value. :3
>>
>>3955580
>Yes, every animal is worthless except the ones you like
Unironically, yes. Same goes with people.
>>
>>3955670
fanfiction anon when will you accept yourself and go to africa to finally fuck that cheetah
>>
>>3952476
Well if your roommate loves nature so much, get a poisonous frog or poison another mouse and let the dog eat it

Wanna eat random wild stuff? Fine, but that comes with its own risks
>>
>>3952476
Kick your roommate in the balls, do it for Mickey
>>
>>3956434
Animal lover detected
>roommate made it possible for dog to eat a mouse?
>time to fucking poison the dog
>>
>>3952476
Rape his dad
>>
>>3952625
Based mouse cuck
>>
>>3956434
>militant vegans: the natural order bothers me so i want to make sure superior beings suffer just as much. JUSTICE!
Sounds familiar....
>>
>>3955606
They're a large source of protein for raptors and small predators. That's Technically a useful trait.
>>3956422
This, also unironically.
>>
>>3952476
Courts are shit when it comes to animal cruelty and torture. Even blatant offenders get off with a slap on the wrist. Better to handle it yourself by beating the shit out of your roommate for being a degenerate torture fetishist. Or just poison his dog and wait to see if he masturbates to it dying. Animal cruelty, torture, and sexual sadism are big warning signs if you care about your own safety.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.