[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 42 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 18th Birthday, 4chan!

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: funny_zebra_picture_2.jpg (30 KB, 550x367)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
Why was it never domesticated?
>>
Not cute enough
>>
Basically just fancy looking, horribly misbehaving donkeys. Literally.
There's literally no advantage over donks besides the meme stripes.
>>
>>3952010
why are all the actual wild horses such extreme levels of asshole?
they're aggressive, stupid, and some of them(onagers) have a mating ritual where the dominant male literally just runs around ragemode raping every female he can get to until at least one or two of them dies from exhaustion.

they're the most retarded spastic animal on the planet.
>>
>>3952026
the agricultural revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race.
>>
>>
>>3952066
Why does this look Photoshopped
>>
>>3952020
>There's literally no advantage over donks besides the meme stripes.
Cum volume
>>
>>3952022
>why are all the actual wild horses such extreme levels of asshole?
The ones we domesticated were probably just as dickish before we domesticated them.
>>
Ok but imagine this
Zebra pussy
>>
>>3952022
part of being african
>>
File: 1200px-Emperor_Menelik_II.png (2.91 MB, 1200x1495)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB PNG
>>3952056
>Sebara Dildiy was later repaired during Emperor Menelik II's reign in 1901
>Since then it has been rebuilt over and over again but was constantly being washed out until it got the name the Sebara Dildiy. Sebara Dildiy in Amharic means broken bridge.
>A flood destroyed it in 2006
Spreading lies I see.
>>
>>3952130
>Since then it has been rebuilt over and over again but was constantly being washed out
did they rebuilt it with sand?
>>
>>3952139
>In the mid-1600s, descendants of Portuguese soldiers who helped Ethiopia fight in the Christian-Islamic wars centuries before built the Sebara Dildiy out of stone, sand, lime and egg whites.
Partially. Slap an omelet in it too.
>>
unironically think it's because they aren't built to handle loads like horses or donkeys. they're also terribly aggressive and bite for the hell of it

t. ex zookeeper and biologist
>>
>>3952010
The backs aren't slanted in just the right way to ride so they were just left alone.
>>
>>3952130
And why have the parts of the bridge built by the Europeans centuries ago not washed yet?
>>
>>3952229
washed away*
>>
"Impossible to domesticatw" is a jewish lie.
Donkeys are just better than Zebras in every way (they're close relatives.)
>>
>>3952026
They knew better
>>
>>3952070
I want to drown in zebra splooge or I'm not dying
>>
File: true-size-of-africa.jpg (267 KB, 1193x1117)
267 KB
267 KB JPG
>>3952026
The reason that africa had less developement is because of how fucking huge it is. There were just not enough people per km2 to form settlements, or even build cities. Same reason slavery always was a thing there. Because any developed region in africa was low on HR, so slaves were collected on the whole continent.
Europeans were also never able to domesticate Zebras btw.
>>
>>3952294
If whites werent forced out of the countries they built in Africa, the entire continent would be 10x better off than they are now. The entire continent allows itself to be subjugated by others. Why should they be propped up by society when they're too dumb and lazy to even defend themselves?
>>
>>3952069
Because of the pixels
>>
>>3952294
Zebras could be domesticated within a decade by europeans. They haven't been domesticated because they're worse donkeys/mules.
>>
>>3952544
So they are rather donkeys than horses, but even more stubborn? Still anon, I mean we domesticated wolves by training and picking the calmest ones for mating. This would be considered impossible if you observe a wolf now. Shouldn't it work out with any animal?
>>
>>3952229
How do you know which parts were built by who? It's been rebuilt over and over again by both Africans, Euros and even Americans since 1901. The original materials used were stone, sand, lime and egg whites. I'm not here to argue, I'm here to correct false information. Take that information how you see fit.
>>
>>3952022
So they are like humans?
>>
>>3952010
>>
>>3952010
same reason nobody bothered with bison. they're unruly assholes who's utility gets done by a better alternative (in this case, the aurochs/cattle)
>>
>>3952294
>>3952544
texans literally domesticated zebras already
>>
>>3952010
It's a huge cunt
>>
>>3952066
u blind, do u not see how fake that picture looks
>>
>>3952224
>The backs aren't slanted in just the right way to ride
This is not a good excuse, since humans managed to ride even dromedary.

>>3952197
>they aren't built to handle loads like horses or donkeys.
Were horses and donkeys' ancestors always strong, or did we make them like that via artificial selection?
>>
>>3953626
four hooves
>>
>>3953834
Europeans didn't invent it either, they got the idea from the middle east like most inventions of that time
>>
>>3953695
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Rothschild,_2nd_Baron_Rothschild#/media/File:WalterRothschildWithZebras.jpg

Apologize
>>
>>3952073
They still are.
>>
>>3952294
stupid excuse, Asia is larger
low density is an effect of low progress
>>
>>3952010
Because people are pussies and think we things like government agencies that go around looking for people with wild animals to kill them.

Like some sick death patrol with "I'm the good guy." mask on.
>>
File: 1633007577705.gif (200 KB, 220x220)
200 KB
200 KB GIF
>>3952294
>China "Part Two"
>its smaller
>>
you're all morons.
>>
>>3954014
YOUR.
>>
>>3953978
Take your meds.
>>
>>3954042
Pretty sure he just posted in the wrong thread. Sounds like he meant to post in the one about the wolf pups killed by some US feds
>>
>>3952010
negros were never smart enough to domesticate their native animals
>>
File: yeen.jpg (1.39 MB, 2867x1911)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB JPG
>>3954059
Africans never saw the need. For instance, hyenas are fine as it is. Why would you make them smaller and dumber? Then women wouldn't admire you for taming hyenas. To hunt? You're already tripping over wild game over there.

Some of them also rode elephants, which don't need domesticating due to their intelligence and non-predatory nature, and there's a possibility they partially domesticated cheetahs.
>>
>>3952010
There's a youtube video that explains it.
>>
>>3953892
Was invented on the steppe retard
>>
I like Zecora
>>
>>3952294
>The reason that africa had less developement is because of how fucking huge it is. There were just not enough people per km2 to form settlements, or even build cities.
...Africa is literally where humans originated from though. Hasn't there been enough time in the past 200,000 years to populate it fully, if that had been a problem? I don't think your argument makes any sense.
>>
>>3954103
Readers the rules. Don't ever mention it again.
>>
>>3952089
liberals owned with facts
>>
>>3953626
i mean, they're indeed do have huge cunts.
>>
>>3954164
>giving a shit about rules
ngmi
>>
>>3952010
I remember hearing somewhere that it's because they're not social animals i.e. their herds don't have a social hierarchy, so humans can't exploit that to be "the alpha"
>Horses form herds with a dominant male and female
>Zebra stay in large numbers because it's beneficial (more ears and eyes, your chances of being predated on are lower) but it's basically each zebra for itself
Also, there's not much need to domesticate when we've already had horses and donkeys for so long, why go through all the trouble of domesticating them when we already have two animals which already do what they would do, but better?
>>
>>3952020
>>3952070
came here to say this, glad /an/ons are on point already

>>3952292
same, why even live if I can't die with my lungs, stomach and colon full of zebra spunk

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.