[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: ave żabol.png (93 KB, 1920x1080)
93 KB
93 KB PNG
how do i find fossils?
>>
>>3943851
Coal mine
>>
>>3943902
it isnt easy to access one
>>
>>3943851
a little bit too late but

first you have to study the geology of the region you wanna go looking for fossils, you can do this just by using google, you will most likely find some research papers about the geology of said zone, you should look for paleontological papers this way you might actually get to know the exact spot from where the fossils in those paper where taken, this would be the easy way, is all about reading papers and having at least a basic knowledge about geology overall.
>>
>>3946056
i know a guy who collects fossils and he showed me one place where he had found some but when i was with him there we didnt find anything ;_;
>>
>>3946112
I lived for a few months in a town where you had to clean the fossils out of your lawn to mow it.
Almost any piece of rock had brachiopod fossils (Former Jurassic shallow sea).
>>
>>3946223
where was it? the usa? uk?
>>
>>3943851
you'd have to believe satanic bullshit like evolution
>>
>>3946601
amerimutt detected
>>
>>3943851
As always, post a geologic map of your area.
>>
>>3946612
> amerimutt

No, he's just one of the many astounding dumbasses worldwide that believe the '6000 year old earth/universe' theory.
Granted, I myself don't truly believe the 'big bang' theory. Matter cannot be created or destroyed. That leaves two possibilities.
> the universe indeed had a creator
> the universe has always and forever will exist
In any case, math/physics is the language of the universe. This is the one indisputable truth I hold above all else.
>>
>>3946623
how do i find one?
>>
>>3946630
>No, he's just one of the many astounding dumbasses worldwide that believe the '6000 year old earth/universe' theory.

Americans. Young earth creationism comes from biblical literalism which comes from nontraditional Protestantism/Evangelicalism which is endemic to the US.

>Granted, I myself don't truly believe the 'big bang' theory. Matter cannot be created or destroyed.

The physicist who proposed the theory was also a Roman Catholic priest and his secular peers thought that he was trying to use physics to justify his belief in creation ex nihilo.
>>
>>3946660
>Americans. Young earth creationism comes from biblical literalism which comes from nontraditional Protestantism/Evangelicalism which is endemic to the US.
this
>>
>>3944852
Not with that attitude
>>
>>3946612
t. satanist yurofaggot
>>
>>3946612
Naïve newfag detected
>>
>>3946660
>I can interpret and distort the Bible as I wish
>I willingly worship Dagon and the whore of Babylon
>I trust basedence more than the Truth given to man directly from the Son of God
>t. cucktolick satan worshipping yuropoor
>>
>>3946660
> Americans. Young earth creationism comes from biblical literalism which comes from nontraditional Protestantism/Evangelicalism which is endemic to the US.

Endemic, but not specific to.

However, you didn't attack the actual argument that matter can neither be created nor destroyed. Instead you chose to attack the argument based upon who proposed the law. Yet the law stands even if you disagree with it. I I burn a piece of paper, what does it turn in to? Ash and smoke, which is carbon and numerous other elements being released by a thermo chemical reaction. Those just don't disappear because the matter changes form.
>>
>>3947448
matter can be created from other forms of energy
>>
>>3947446
Literalists are interpreting and distorting the bible too, they just get assmad about it.
>>
>>3947446
>the whore of Babylon
who is she?
>>
>>3947595
But there's already matter present there it simply changes forms. Try again?
>>
>>3948644
not every energy is matter
>>
>>3947620
>distorting
it would mean that bible makes sense and has one and fixed meaning/message, which is untrue
>>
>>3946630
you misunderstand big bang theory you dumb ass
>>
File: 1200398746.jpg (98 KB, 499x750)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>3946630
The "Big Bang" is simply just a universe where all the matter and energy were squeezed into an infinitely small area. The resulting energy density will drive the universe to expand very rapidly. There is no necessity for creation or destruction. In fact, the big bang doesn't really tell you all that much, just that the universe used to be very hot and dense. It doesn't tell you where any of the matter actually came from, just that it used to all be very close together.

>pic unrelated

Basically, take all the stuff we have now, and squish it back together again. Still the same amount of energy and mass.
>>
>>3949567
Cont. What they don't tell normies is that the science isn't really settled one way or the other. If you take a class on cosmology they show you how the equations can lead to all sorts of different scenarios depending on some parameters. The observational evidence seems to point in the conventional big bang way, but it doesn't rule out other possibilities. On the other hand, there isn't anything particularly strong about the other possibilities so the big bang is kind of the de facto standard idea.
>>
>>3946586
Fresville, Normandy, France (nearby a more famous hamlet due to D-Day : Sainte-Mère-Eglise). Brachiopods and Gryphaea in almost every rock in the garden (and those that didn't, I wouldn't bet they didn't have microfossils I did not see).
The whole region (Cotentin) is actually pretty neat for fossil-lovers, although it's mostly sealife.
>>
>>3949655
cool
is it legal to harvest and trade fossils in france?
>>
>>3949891
Yes. You can only do it on your own land, and can't dig a proper quarry (rock-picking could be considered quarry mining, law is very loose so if the local mayor wants to be an asshole and fuck with you he could) without a license.
>>
>>3943851
break into museum
>>
>>3948618
ur mom
>>
>>3948656
All energy is particles, even light you twat, ergo all matter is at the minimum potential energy.

>>3949456
Sure, I'd just call you a faggot and run as well if I had absolutely nothing to contribute.

>>3949567
>>3949572
Yet what triggered said 'big bang? Mythical sky daddy is illogical, and so is the 'it was just a random occurrence' argument.
>>
>>3950399
>All energy is particles,
what about waves?
>>
>>3947448
>the 'big bang' theory
i think you're misrepresenting the theory here. physicists say the theory breaks down at the singularity point, not that matter was spontaneously created. meaning the theory is incomplete.
literally nobody disagrees with energy conservation.
>>
>>3950357
rude
>>
>>3950900
this
>>
>>3950888
light travels in both forms simultaneously
>>
>>3951768
what are waves made of?
>>
>>3951779
bump
>>
>>3951779
Depends on what is traveling in wave form. Sound, light, water, air...?
>>
>>3952621
is wind just air in wave form?
>>
>>3952630
bump
>>
>>3952630
Kinda. It's a moving current of air that varies in intensity and duration. So...

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.