[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>Be Kiwi
>Cannot Fly
>Evolutionary Deadend
Fuck kiwis
>>
File: 1631016421668.jpg (97 KB, 943x714)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>3926505
>>
Fact: Kiwis have the shortest beak of all birds
>>
They get by on their good looks.
>>
File: maxresdefault (5).jpg (102 KB, 1280x720)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>3926505
>>
>Be OP
>Cannot stop sucking dicks
>Evolutionary Deadend
Fuck OP
>>
>>3926521
> kekwi
>>
>>3926505
>be kiwi
>be ridiculously cute
>beloved by the whole nation, given top priority for medical care and resources
Sounds like a successful trait to me
>>
Aussies can't fly either, cunt
>>
>>3926505
You can't fly either, dummy
>>
>>3926505
https://youtu.be/sdUUx5FdySs
Kiwi thread
>>
>>3926505
Not only can Kiwis not fly, their accent sounds like a retarded version of South African. Complete evolutionary dead end, can't wait for them to become extinct.
>>
>>3927683
>Not only can >>3927683 not fly, its accent sounds like a retarded version of Redneck. Complete evolutionary dead end, can't wait for it to become extinct

ftfy
>>
>>3926505
>be you
>cannot breed
>generational dead end
>>
>>3926521
nooooo
>>
>>3926505
>>3926506
He cute
>>
>>3926506
You just know
>>
based
>>
>>3926513
Incorrect by the metrices that scientists measure kiwi bills (to cere). Of course you might be more intelligent than all of those scientists, so you should get in touch with them so they can be blessed with your supreme reddit knowledge.
>>
>>3926602
Nah our government prefers to fund shitty woke research studies, retarded feminist art, and social engineering initiatives with millions upon millions of dollars. The government meanwhile leaves wildlife hospitals, research facilities, and rangers that protect nz native birds so few crumbs from the taxpayer coffer that they often have to beg for donations from the public.
>>
>>3926513
Lol, uh any other facts you want to share
>>
>>3928201

Beak length is officially measured from beak tip to nostrils. But as their nostrils are at the tip, Kiwi beaks are the shortest of any bird.
>>
>>3928646
you're retarded
>>
>>3928203
> obsessed
>>
>>3928687
https://the-biggest.net/science/what-bird-has-the-shortest-beak.html

'Some know that (technically) kiwi have the shortest beak of any bird – a bird’s beak is generally measured from the tip to the nostril, and kiwi nostrils are at the end of their long beak. These facts and more make them a very unique species, not just to New Zealanders but around the world'

>is triggered by facts
>>
>>3928709
here's another fun fact, you can punt a kiwis further than any other bird
>>
>>3928646
Well, tell the scientists who have published many scientific studies on kiwi that they are incorrectly measuring kiwi beaks because an I FUCKIN LOVE SCIENCE XD website said so. You know better than they do.
>>
>>3926505
>Fuck kiwis
is that possible?
>>
>>3928691
Correct, I am obsessed that my government hands out millions of dollars like candy to woke 'research' projects, but can barely spare a few thousand to wildlife hospitals or to conservation initiatives which have to ask the public for donations. Anyone who loves NZ wildlife should be upset by this.
>>
>>3928851
This is especially sad when you realize that despite NZ throwing away so much money on stupid shit, their wildlife conservationists are still ahead of the curve. Amazing experience opportunities over there for wild bird studies, invasive species management, sustainable aquaculture, etc. NZ moving towards this weird, idealized paradise of woke redditors in recent years is just going to mirror the dysfunction of other countries while stretching conservation thinner, and it's a goddamn tragedy.
>>
>>3928851
Wildlife hospitals are like putting a plaster on a gangrenous wound
>>
File: best job ever.jpg (39 KB, 389x515)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>3928890
I work in the department of conservation myself. It pays diddly squat, but I love my work and I love that what I am doing contributes even a little bit toward ecological health of this country.
>>
>>3928948
Go trap some possums in your down time, 100 dollar a kilo
>>
>>3928987
Possum trapping is a based line of work. I like this young lads videos.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8ZPkkJ_ajc4Tphc5xg6vPA
>>
>>3929008
Doc aerial drops poison all over perfectly accessible bush bordering farmland though, offers the farmers bottled water if they are dropping in their catchments, for a long time all carcass of pigs etc is deadly to eat for humans or dogs,. They also allow gold mining operations to go ahead in their land. Whats up with that?
>>
>>3928806
>Being this triggered by facts
...and the kiwi has the shortest bill of all birds. There's less than nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>3926505
ultimately it will survive because of the same tactic as the Panda. It's cute and charismatic.
>>
>>3926625
That's right, they fly into the fucking sun

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.