[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

[Advertise on 4chan]


Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.


[Advertise on 4chan]


Why are Europeans like this?
>>
I bet dolphin tastes like shit.
>>
>>3925713
Luv me ship
Luv me fishin
‘Ate dolphins
Simple as
>>
>>3925713
>murricans: kill millions of metric tons of chicken, cows, pigs per year, most of it goes to waste
>faroe islands:kill 1000something dolphins they are gonna eat for a whole year
OH NOOOOOOOOOOOO! so evil! dolphins are smarter than us, respect their life!
>>
>>3925713
hope they enjoy their mercury poisoning
>>
>>3925713
n*rthern e*ros are subhuman, it's true
>>
>>3925741
Those animals never knew freedom so killing them is not morally wrong
>>
>>3925741
Dolphins are endangered
>>
>>3925770
the dolphins had a better life so its arguably better for them to end at their peak rather than just end as miserably as they started
>>
>>3925780
These dolphins are people because of their better life, industrially farmed animals aren't people they're slaves, traumatised slaves who don't develop the same level of intelligence they would if they were treated better and so it's ok to kill them, it's actually morally righteous to do so
>>
Don't Faroe's eat fucking seagulls and shit too
>>
>>3925713
Faroes islands are in Japan fucking rerard
>>
>>3925802
let me guess, now seagulls are super special and it's a sin to eat them and Euros should be nuked because of it.
>>
>>3925804
... I really need to stop posting in this board
>>
>>3925775
You are extremely stupid.
>>
File: 1629671587059.webm (2.73 MB, 640x360)
2.73 MB
2.73 MB WEBM
To be fair, the dolphins started it.
>>
>>3925741
So what are we supposed to just not care because you are pissed that most people eat domesticated animals?
>t. raises my own livestock, none of it goes to waste.
>>
File: 1618117544949.jpg (64 KB, 640x482)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
Someone photoshop some cherry blossom trees in and the appropriate reaction
>>
>>3925713
> It's okay when white people do it
>>
>>3925741
Chickens, cows, and pigs lives are worth less than nothing. Value is created when they die.

This was nothing more than a destruction of value. These people should civilize and eat cows.
>>
>>3925819
do you do naughty stuff with their genitals?
wouldn't want to waste anything after all
>>
>>3925869
Don't play with your food. You toss the genitals in the grinder and use them to add texture to your burgers.
>>
>>3925741
Retarded vegan chink
>>
>>3925873
im pretty sure every vegan on 4chan is a psychopath

>how can one life be worth more than another? they're all the same to me
>all that matters is if they dont suffer, or all that matters is if they dont die, make up your mind
>thinking one animal is worth more than another is irrational
>cannibals are the only ethically consistent carnists
>>
Rapist dolphins got what they fucking deserved
>>
>>3925876
>psychopaths: how is morality even real lmao you just feel stuff is right so it is? calling bullshit
>everyone regardless of creed: yes
>>
>>3925869
Testicles get eaten (I only slaughter males), that's about it. The intestinal tract is turned into compost. If I didn't want to eat the testicles I could also compost them, but they are fine when you blend them into a pate.

Anyways, kind of gross that you instantly think of genitals when it comes to eating livestock, but I guess this is the animal board, and most vegans are zoophile scum.
>>
>>3925886
Seems a lot of the zoophiles here are carnivore supremacists. After all, their wives eat meat the same as them.
>>
>>3925713
Good. Dolphins are fucking dicks.
>>
>>3925891
What the fuck are you talking about? Do you actually read what you write before you send it?
>>
>>3925901
I only read two words from each post before I reply.
>>
>>3925904
You're retarded
>>
>>3925713
Dolphins would quite literally rape you if given the chance
>>
>>3925770
> raise human children in captivity
> sell them for meat
> they never knew freedom, so its morally okay
>>
>>3925925
So human children are equal to livestock?
Okay Richard.
>>
>>3925926
Apparently. Its knowing freedom that makes it wrong to eat dolphins. I would have thought it was capacity to reason or something like that. Nope, its knowing freedom. I guess my moral intuitions were all wrong.
>>
>>3925930
Captive animals in cruel conditions don't have a capacity to reason, they're mentally stunted
Dolphins are very smart because they have the innate capacity to intelligence and also have that intelligence developed through their freedom
The only evil here is keeping billions of animals in cruel conditions, killing and slaughtering them is perfectly ok
>>
File: 1612216471682.jpg (256 KB, 1110x980)
256 KB
256 KB JPG
>>3925741
Americans: kill millions of foreign civilians, children, babies for Israeli political interests
>WTF SO BASED AMERICA STONG MILITARY BEST IN WORLD SPREAD PEACE FREEDOM ISN'T FREE
Random Island: kills some wild animals for food
>WTF SO SICK DISGUSTING AND INHUMANE HOW THE FUCK COULD YOU DO THIS TRULY AMERICA IS THE ONLY GOOD NATION ON EARTH
>>
>>3925936
dont post that
>>
>>3925930
It's because we fucking like them. That's it.

I like everything that is close enough to a person. Dogs, wolves, cats, pigs, dolphins, elephants, etc. These animals are not food. They're our friends.

>>3925946
The animals were basically people.
>>
>>3925956
Are we really that close to pigs? Pigs will eat eachother without hesitation. It is common in pig farms without gestation crates to feed the mother pig bacon to keep her from eating her young. Are we really like that? I can see the other animals you listed but not pigs. If you are going to say pigs then you also have to say rats and mice since they are equally intelligent, but we kill them and mistreat them all the time.
We just don't eat them since they are just too small and don't have enough meat.
>>
>>3925936
>>3925957
t. lesser primate

The soul is the seat of "irrational" (super-real) morality, which makes man more than an animal and enables him and that which surrounds him to live a more pleasant and accomplished life than a fight against natural selection and a struggle for resources.

Souled men do not eat companion animals. To do so would be irrational to a souled being. The soulless are astounded. "It is nothing but resources, we must eat and breed!" they can not comprehend it, all they do is eat and breed, and everything else in their life is a facade or a game to facilitate that.
>>
>>3925961
>Pigs will eat eachother without hesitation.
>Are we really that close to pigs?
Lock men in an unnatural cage system where the smell of death surrounds them and available food is mostly garbage, see what happens after a few generations.
>>
>>3925956
>I like everything that is close enough to a person. Dogs, wolves, cats, pigs, dolphins, elephants, etc. These animals are not food. They're our friends.
Then don't kill them yourself
But your inability to empathise with other cultures or ways of viewing the world doesn't meanit's right to just go around projecting your subjective morality onto others
Yankoid freak
>>
>>3925964
Except for the fact that this is so common that 1 in 12 wild boars will eat their offspring.
>>
>>3925967
don't bother with them. They are the type of person to try to go to the North Sentinel Island to try to "convert the savages" and turn their island paradise into a McDonalds.
>>
>>3925967
>Subjective
Objectively those others are less evolved apes. They're not capable of being empathetic with other species, it's a defect, an anachronism, a missing feature, which makes them so ill fit for survival that it was not until we artificially uplifted them by introducing them to technology they would have never discovered on their own and means of social organization they had forgotten entirely that they were anything but dirt farmers.

Now mind this does not describe all of china, nor does it exclude all of europe, but certain groups within. Most notably the low-bred han peasantry is full of these atavistic monkey men as are the notoriously evil mountain bankers of central europe (who probably just lack empathy entirely).
>>
>>3925971
this is what indians think about people who eat cows. they're savages, munching on an animal that could provide them with a life of labor and milk even if they were too stuck up to be friends with them.
>>
>>3925972
That's fine with me. My land based diet is 100% bird.
>>
>>3925971
You cant even be empathetic with your own species. Get your head out of your ass.
>>
>>3925977
>implying they're my species
More like a related species or a subspecies really.
>>
>>3925978
If you can't empathize with them them don't go around asking people to empathize with animals that are so genetically different from us we can't even breed with them.
>>
>>3925970
many such cases
>>
>>3925972
99% of beef is a male cow that has been replaced more cheaply, effective and efficiently by technology
they are unironic meat robots
they can exist for a few years never going hungry or fearing predators or they can not exist at all
but i can assure you they don't give a shit either way
>>
>>3925981
its not like those hybrids would do anything like commit more mass shootings right

>>3925983
>he doesn't know cows are smarter than dogs
no one tell him
>>
>>3925713
Dolphins are literally just sea chimps.
>>
File: cowtree1.jpg (98 KB, 968x645)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>3925984
>>
File: Featured-e1594061829994.jpg (280 KB, 1710x902)
280 KB
280 KB JPG
>>3925986
>>
File: bong in a bin.jpg (25 KB, 636x358)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>3925989
>>
>>3925980
Anglos be like
>Other anglos good
>Dogs good
>Cats good
>Horses ok
>Maybe some rabbits
>Could use some birds too ay
>Alright, put all that in the bomb shelters
>CLEANSE THE EARTH
>>
File: cow2.jpg (48 KB, 800x571)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>3925989
>>3925991
>>
>>3925993
I'd actually choose the food animals over the companion animals in an apocalyptic situation.
>>
>>3925994
literally me

>>3925996
who's going to heard your sheep after the earth's been purged? definitely not any dirty peasants
>>
File: ij4l3lw945w51.jpg (137 KB, 640x853)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
>>3925994
>>
File: aga.jpg (153 KB, 690x388)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
>>3925999
Oh I mean I'm also going to cull city people. They are useless. I'm keeping the peasants.

For some of them, they won't even know the difference.
>>
File: download (78).jpg (49 KB, 510x333)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>3926000
>>
File: bong on prongs.png (1.55 MB, 615x1013)
1.55 MB
1.55 MB PNG
>>3926005
>>3925994
>>
>>3925770
absolutely retarded take
>>
>>3926029
What's wrong with you cunt?
You're the fucking retard
>>
>>3925741
They aren't going to eat that many dolphins, nearly all of it is getting thrown away. They eat normal food there like normal fucking Danish people.
>>
>>3926031
You’re retarded too.
>>
>>3926031
Your moral theory doesn't make any sense at all for reasons that >>3925925 pointed out. Do you seriously just not think about this stuff ever? Fucking troglodyte.
>>
>>3926035
Well that anon is just too stupid to understand what I'm saying, I'm not saying it's morally ok to kill children if they never experienced freedom and that's blatantly obvious to anyone who isn't retarded
>>
THE WORLD IS A VAMPIRE DUN NUH NUH NUH
>>
>>3926038
>>3926052
ok, so you're saying it's not actually about whether something has known freedom or not, it's about something else. Good. that's better.
>>
>>3926060
It's only about things like freedom, utility, dignity, etc if it is not human (humans automatically have more value than all other animals, which does not have to be earned)

do you understand? even the shittiest human who i would happily kill in broad daylight started life with more value than a random dolphin.
>>
>>3926060
Yes it's about the cruelty and horror that industrial farming makes animals go through, the devastating trauma and mental effects it has on the animals brain
Maybe freedom was the wrong word but in the original context of the conversation I used that word to refer to the condition the 'millions of metric tons of chicken, cows, pigs per year' that are killed in america live under and constrasted that with the conditions of dolphins who are free
>>
>>3925991
kek
>>
>>3925818
kek
>>
>>3925966
I gotta know how that's done. I've heard of pressed goose from China, I'm guessing it's a similar process but a dog is way more substantial than a goose..
>>
>>3925786
So if i kidnap children, keep them in my basement and abuse them, it is morally ok to eat them later?
>>
>>3926067
>do you understand?
Nope.
>even the shittiest human who i would happily kill in broad daylight started life with more value than a random dolphin.
sounds totally arbitrary. simple utilitarianism is always going to make more sense than these random "muh human dignity" arguments
>>
>>3926067
>It's only about things like freedom, utility, dignity, etc
>[notices he just strengthens the argument he wants to refute]
>except uhhhhh except if it is not human
>>
>>3925713
>AIEEEEEEEE ALL OF MY FISH ARE DISAPPEARING THE FATASS DOLPHINS ARE EATING THEM ALL
>mmm i love voting for my far right politician that supports my hard-working values and interests!
>>
File: EwfSa9UXAAIoXl7.jpg (142 KB, 993x1200)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
>>3926091
>Sounds totally arbitrary
So? It works for me. It works for many others. And those it works for rule the world, and will punish you if you do not comply. There is no real basis for any morality, even the value of some statistic like birth rates increasing is basically just "i like it". But one thing for sure, if you are not suicidal, is that dying is bad. So perhaps humans specifically should not die? I extend that privilege to my fellow man, so long as they extend it to me and their fellow man in turn. If they do not, then they forfeit that right, just because I don't like dying really, nor do i like other people dying. People who do not recognize the importance of preventing human death must, unfortunately, be an exception, in order to prevent even more of it.
>>
>>3925741
>hen actually thinks all that dolphin meat is going to get eaten
I have beachfront property in Arizona to sell you, anon.
>>
>>3926100
god i hate egoists
its impossible to argue with them because they're always right
>>
>>3925775
Those are pilot whales. Not endangered.
The headline says "dolphins" because that makes people more upset and that is the only purpose mass media serves now.
>>
>>3926100
>There is no real basis for any morality
oops
>>
>>3926106
>There is no real basis for any morality
>BUT
>It doesn't matter
There is no right
Just "you have no rights"
>>
>>3925713
Does that have a major impact on that dolphin species population? If not I don't really see the issue, we kill billions of other animals for food without blinking an eye
>>
>>3926113
disrupting a species for no real reason has ecological fallout written all over it. the oceans cannot sustain modern fishing techniques, this >>3926097 anon gets it lol
>>
>>3926116
It's not a modern fishing technique, though. They have been doing it this way for like a millennium.
>>
>>3925883
>how is morality even real lmao you just feel stuff is right so it is?
Are you saying that your entire morality system is based on whether your peepee is up?
>>
>>3926122
the modern fishing technique of large-scale bottom trawling, not of killing predators. fish populations go down because of ocean acidity and overfishing, not because dolphins are eating too much
>>
> itt: autists vs. sociopaths

Pure shit, pure cancer...
>>
>>3926133
Hi fellow sociopath how are you doing
>>
>>3926140
No, I'm neither, I've just become disillusioned with this site, and I know it's populated by just a handful of personality types. My 'I hate this website but can't figure out how to leave it permanently' personality type being one of them.
>>
They all get eaten. They have done this hunt annually for over a thousand years and they wouldn't have survived without it - faroe islands is barren as fuck.

You never see this bile being poured out on any other people with hunting traditions. It's antiwhite claptrap, with a motivation purely rooted in racism.
>>
>>3926167
>antiwhite
>>
>>3925899
> t. dolphin rape victim
You should have dressed more modestly
>>
>>3925713
if these fish are so smart then why do they keep wandering into the same death trap every year?
>>
>>3926102
What happens to it then? Why hunt them then?
>>
>>3926167
>It's antiwhite claptrap, with a motivation purely rooted in racism.
Egotism is a better explanation than malice, but yeah, it's annoying.
>>
>>3926211
fishers believe dolphins are eating all the fish. yes. not climate change or rising ocean acidity.
>>
>>3926105
>>
>>3926317
fucking lie. they eat the meat and use the blubber. Faroe can't farm vegetables or sustain trees so they have been feeding on the fish, whales and sheep for hundreds of years before any leftist came up with muh climate change. go fuck yourself
>>
>>3925741
>domesticated animals that are sustainably bred and maintained are equal to wild animals that are not sustainably kept

Are you for real.
>>
>>3926355
The Faroese people admitted that the amount of dolphins killed this year (more than usual) would be too much to eat and that much of it will go to waste
>>
>>3926105
you can clearly see that those are white-sided dolphins in the OP pic though, unless you’re just retarded and don’t know what pilot whales look like
Both pilot whales and other species of dolphins are killed in the annual hunt
>>
>>3925775
healthy weight americans are endangered too
>>
>>3926097
>implying the left cares about the environment beyond getting to yell at people
>>
>>3926403
Americans rule the world so they can do whatever they please
>>
File: 20210915-114957_1.png (339 KB, 1080x1486)
339 KB
339 KB PNG
>>3926390
Still a least concern animal.
>>3926128
>>3926379
They still hunt them in order to eat them, not because they think they are a threat to their other fisheries. It's a cultural delicacy.
>>3926375
Fisheries and game populations can be harvested in a sustainable manner, and all indications are that this is a sustainable fishery. The animals involved are all IUCN Least Concern
>>
>>3925886


no offense faggot but it's kind of gross that when asked about genitals you reply with intestines

kind of telling really
>>
>>3926423
Plus who composts tripe? Make some pho, nigga, or feed it to your dogs. The small intestines make sausage casings. Compost the contents, maybe.

And not slaughtering heifers/cows is a total larp, either you're growing your herd (which can't be done indefinitely) or you're auctioning your heifers, which means that about half of them are going to slaughter anyways, and you can probably tell which will be which, in a given market, so the ones that would go to a plant, you slaughter yourself so you can get more money for them. Not to mention the old cows that have quit producing...
>>
File: 1631727337772.jpg (21 KB, 500x334)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>3926417
Great, but all of the poison they so gleefully consume is killing them and weakening their country.
>>
>>3926421
>Fisheries and game populations can be harvested in a sustainable manner, and all indications are that this is a sustainable fishery. The animals involved are all IUCN Least Concern
Here in Germany, we are going to shut down the last cod fishery of the Baltic sea. My fish fingers are a bigger ecological disaster than some Faroese whale hunting.
>>
>>3926450
>My fish fingers are a bigger ecological disaster than some Faroese whale hunting.
Exactly.
>>
File: 3453.jpg (152 KB, 750x562)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
bros, how do we stop americans from genociding bears? every year they have bear hunting seasons during spring and fall were over 3000 bears are killed not for food, but for sport because americans need bear penis pills to enlarge their tiny penises.
how do we stop americans?
>>
>>3925713
Dolphins torture and murder porpoises. They're pretty weird fellas.
>>
>>3925876
How are the people who don't want their spirit associated with murder a psychopath? Are you okay anon?
>>
>>3926467

Convert every bear in America to Judaism
>>
>>3926467
Nah, we eat them. They're better than pork or beef, absolutely delicious. Too bad they've all got so many parasites and you can't serve them rare.
>>
>>3925741
Yes, because they are literally raised and domesticated for that sole purpose. Dolphins are not.

If you knew how animal carcasses were processed for more than just their meat, you wouldn't be spouting nonsense about how it's "wasteful"
>>
>>3925876
>>all that matters is if they dont suffer, or all that matters is if they dont die, make up your mind
>>cannibals are the only ethically consistent carnists
This is literally true though. Just bite the bullet you're not autistic enough to be a vegan.
>>
>>3926547
It's not literally true, it's literally retarded and so are the people who believe it unironically.
>>
>>3926554
>hur dur ethical consistency doesn't matter xD le stirner meme
>morality is my feelings about things :) i dont need to justify it :)
>oh wait you did something WRONG? you fucking psycopath fukc u
The above is a summarization of your thought process/life.
>>
>>3925713
I fucking hate animal rights activists sometimes.
Why do they obsess about a bunch of islanders hunting least-concern whales in a traditional and sustainable way?
Why not focus on the fishing industry and China threatening to destroy the ocean and all life in it?
>>
>>3925713
This the animal the Pliny the Elder went on about being friendly and cooperative with humans. Shitheads. Killing cetaceans is like killing elephants. They're too conscious.
>>
>>3926167
But I hate what chinks do and laugh at "native" americans for eating all their potential pack animals.
>>
Bogleech guy probably wanks to the picture, this and footage of a burning cornfield. what a fucking sperg.
>>
>>3926604
>reading the elder Pliny
Based.
>>
>>3926569
Whoosh.
>>
>>3926641
You have to go back.
>>
>>3926654
Lead the way.
>>
>>3926641
why is it so painful to admit that vegans have a higher (albeit retarded) ethical standard than normal people? why do you have to invent contrived ethical loopholes ("muh special humans!!!") to make yourself feel like you're also a tryhard like them?
This is like getting angry that someone out there is a better Super Mario 64 speedrunner than you are. Why the fuck does it even matter? just wait for lab grown meats to hit the market and then we'll all be equal.
Until then, the vegan is king.
>>
>>3926704
A good vegan can be a ethical person, but their ethics are anti-life and derive from a "have their cake and eat it too" position of hypocrisy on the animal/natural nature of man, so they are not actually moral or logical (unless they are actual Jains, but Jains structure their ethical veganism from a very different point of view than the harm obsessed western death cultists). Yes, the lowest common denominator trash that you consider to be the average person is of a lower moral character than a vegan that isn't a foaming zealot, but that isn't saying much.

A "carnist" that pays attention to the sustainability, quality, and economic factors surround his meals, while operating in a moral and ethical structure that engages the world and humanity is morally and ethically superior to a vegan every time. But doing these things is too hard for urbanite bug people who have no social contact with producers.
>>
>>3926743
>pays attention to the sustainability, quality, and economic factors surround his meals, while operating in a moral and ethical structure that engages the world and humanity
these are nice mission-statement goal things, but what is your ethics actually about? something like, being impeccably normal, in a somewhat rustic way? When you have "social contact" with your "producers", is that like when the Muslim butcher says "God wills it" before cutting the animal's throat to make it all Halal and hunky dory?
look, I think you're a fucking nihilist, the typical trad kind.
you don't believe there's any objective moral truth in any of this shit
otherwise you'd do something like either (1) care about other things instead of this lost cause about dead animals (2) become a vegan/Jain/whatever (3) or become a researcher for lab grown meats.
The first option is probably the most reasonable. The third is crazy and heroic. The second one is the worst because we've both agreed that vegans are noble idiots at best.

What isn't on the table is saying "I did appropriate muslim/cowboy/4chan rituals before butchering this sentient creature with emotions and feelings, and now I can eat its flesh and it's all just the same as eating a carrot. I'm a predator. Rawwwrrr! xD"
>>
>>3925713
My question is, wouldn't the survivors learn to avoid humans at all costs? Why does this happen every year? Is there some symbiosys between them and this island inhabitants?
>>
>>3926772
>What isn't on the table is saying "I did appropriate muslim/cowboy/4chan rituals before butchering this sentient creature with emotions and feelings, and now I can eat its flesh and it's all just the same as eating a carrot. I'm a predator. Rawwwrrr! xD"
what the fuck are you even on about?
>>
>>3926921
I think he's a butthurt vegan larping as a vegan apologist.
>>
>>3926087
yes
>>
>>3926547
It's not. Your own species matters more than others. Species that aid yours by being something other than food matter more than others. You realize you are a LIFEform and your purpose is continuation at all costs, correct? All morals are based on ONE principle:
1: I DON'T WANT TO DIE

Everything from property rights to respecting or valuing reproduction (AKA the closest you can get to immortality right now) is based on this. All morals are based on this. Veganism is a mistaken extension of the right you demand yourself to creatures that will never reciprocate nor even aid you unwittingly, because your empathy circuits are defective and you subconsciously believe they are people.

>>3926569
Yes, morality is about feelings. You don't need to justify that. There is absolutely 0 physical, real basis for morality, no matter how autistic you get you must have a founding principle which is the darwinian meme, the DNA of your soul. None are valid or invalid... but some dominate over others because they perpetuate themselves. The best one at this ever is
1: I DON'T WANT TO DIE
In fact it drives all life on earth.
>>
>>3926938
That's how non-psychopaths think yes
>i don't want to die
>other people probably don't want to die
>so let's not kill each other and work to ensure each others survival
Then the vegan says the non-psychopath's line of reasoning breaks here
>animals are too stupid to want to live and don't comprehend their deaths
But it actually doesn't. It keeps going.
>Dogs can fear death.
>Cats can fear death.
>cows, fish, and chickens are too stupid to be worth my time.
That's why the fact that pigs are smart as fuck triggers people.
The vegan's line of reasoning goes like this
>IT HAS PAIN RECEPTORS THAT MEANS ITS JUST LIKE ME
But really it doesn't, feeling pain doesn't equal fearing death. I'm still waiting for "science" to figure out which animals do for sure.

>get two animals
>kill one in front of the other with a captive bolt pistol
>gauge the second animals reaction to you, the pistol, and the motions of preparing to kill animal #2
People might not like the results... with pitbulls acting terrified, golden retrievers happily walking through death's door, and half of the animals we use as livestock refusing to go anywhere near the bolt gun.
>>
>>3926943
kek imagine the seethe that would occur when every other dog breed turns out to have no concept of their own mortality and every single breed of farm pig does

>as it turns out we should be eating labs and bulldogs, but not huskies or potbellies
>but i like bacon and my dog is nice?
>the pigs are nicer than the labs. i'm sorry.
>>
File: caribbean-reef-octopus.jpg (222 KB, 1333x1000)
222 KB
222 KB JPG
>>3926945

Is it wrong to eat octopus considering how intelligent they are not to mention pretty.

I still eat them but kinda feel bad about it.
>>
>>3926945
kys huskyfag
>>
>>3926945
Smarter or dumber, we already know they aren't nicer.
>>3926943
>But really it doesn't, feeling pain doesn't equal fearing death. I'm still waiting for "science" to figure out which animals do for sure.
>>get two animals
>>kill one in front of the other with a captive bolt pistol
>>gauge the second animals reaction to you, the pistol, and the motions of preparing to kill animal #2
>People might not like the results... with pitbulls acting terrified, golden retrievers happily walking through death's door, and half of the animals we use as livestock refusing to go anywhere near the bolt gun.
Not this garbage again.
Why does abstract fear of death matter when they don't see it coming? Does reacting to the bolt gun necessarily imply comprehension of the bolt gun? Does misplaced trust in the test administrator imply a lack of fear of oblivion?

Honestly, it's the kind of test that a psychopath would invent, the data that it creates would be so flawed as to be useless, and there's no good argument that the information it's supposed to uncover is useful.
>>
>>3926956
yes.

>>3926966
>why does it matter when they don't see it coming
the first death teaches them what it is
>does reacting to the bolt gun imply comprehension
that it is an object associated with its species dying
>misplaced trust
any animal that is fine with dying because it trusts the death dealer is fine to slaughter.
>>
File: EsqwnQd.jpg (216 KB, 2048x1536)
216 KB
216 KB JPG
>Aroooo! *wags tail*
>That's right, now hold still...
>*KTHUNK*
>*flop*
>Hm. Third one so far. in full view of the kennel. No change. Too trusting? No, too dumb.
>I did nothing wrong here. They were totally fine with it.
>Maybe the koreans were onto something.
>I bet they're going to be delicious.
>>
someone post that webm of dogs refusing to eat food that "killed" a doll
>>
>>3925713
Good. Fuck dolphins, drive them extinct
>>
>>3926390
And guess what, white sided dolphins are not endangered either. Anyone using the endangered argument here are retarded.
>>
>>3925713
Sounds like a decisive victory for mankind.
>>
>>3925713
Whats wrong with killing whales?
Answer without sounding like some schizo hypocrite liberal
>>
>>3926032
>stop eating extremely protein rich whale meat bigot
>eat the bugs like the rest of us
>>
>>3926545
Neither are deer, elk and rabbits.
Yet youre fine with people killing those in the wild.
Hypocrite.
>>
>>3926604
Pigs are smarter than dogs.
Why do you eat the more conscious and intelligent animal?
>>
>>3927015
braindead post
>>
>>3927025
Where did it say in that post that the white-sided dolphins were endangered? I was just telling that other anon that they obviously weren’t pilot whales, never tried to argue that they were endangered
>>
>>3927047
Pigs are smarter than some dogs, ie: shit tier mutts and sled dogs. Definitely not smarter than a malinois or a border collie, definitely dumber than a wild wolf, but it's impressive they're that good despite not being bred to be intelligent.
>>
>>3927057
It was earlier in the reply chain. The original reason those replies existed in the first place was the whole 'dolphins are endangered' being the original argument.
>>
>>3927059
>Definitely not smarter than a malinois or a border collie, definitely dumber than a wild wolf,
the pig animal (Suidae) is in general more intelligent than the dog (canine).
specific dog breeds arent enough to change the general intelligence of both
>>
>>3927015
Nah, you're a fucking retard, mate. A retard and a psycho, assuming you aren't just trolling.
>>3927047
>Why do you eat the more conscious and intelligent animal?
Because it is more efficient, better flavored, and it thrives in the farm environment, amongst other reasons.
>>3927057
The posts crying about dolphins being endangered and the incorrect counterpoint about them being pilot whales (because they aren't, they are white sides) have been deleted.
https://desuarchive.org/an/thread/3925713/#3925775
>>3927117
Mate, you can't just say "I'm gonna ignore your counterpoint because reasons". I mean your point is dumb for reasons other than it not being debatable factual, but the fact that it's debatably factual is something you can't just handwaved away. You need to re-examine why cannibalism is dangerous for a species as populous and complex as us (and the answer isn't "it's bad to slaughter smart things for food" because the answer is the same even for funery endocannibalism as it is for conquest exocannibalism).
>>
>>3927084
ok? I wasn’t referring to that post though, just pointing out that they were clearly not pilot whales
>>
>>3927117
>specific dog breeds arent enough to change the general intelligence of both
retard
>>
>>3925713
fuck you whale
fuck you dolphin
>>
>>3926574
>Why not focus on the fishing industry and China threatening to destroy the ocean and all life in it?

Because that would imply some manner of responsibility. The people complaining are like pigeon-people just standing around watching/recording someone get mugged. You can show people the evidence all day but no one will do shit because anything impactful will involve violence and no one wants to stick their neck out
>>
>>3925818

The fuck is this shit
>>
>>3927047
You're wrong but also pigs are cunts and would drop any loyalty you might've perceived them having if someone came along with a better source of food.
>>
>>3927353
>he didn't play Balan WonderWorld
ngmi
>>
>>3926921
>hurr durr what the fuck are you even on about?
kek. this is why arguing with you guys is about as much fun as arguing with vegans.
>>3926927
cope.
>>
>>3927197
No idea why youre on a schizo rant about cannibals.
Pigs are just smarter than dogs
>>
>>3927444
>You're wrong but also pigs are cunts and would drop any loyalty you might've perceived them having if someone came along with a better source of food.
Ironic.
Youre saying the same things others say about dog's loyalty
>>
>>3928036
Even if that broad generalization was true in all cases, that doesn't matter.
>>
>>3926390
>sea shephard
these faggots get arrested, booed and begin to cry every time they try to scare the whales away
and im pretty sure they do it every year though
and whenever someone says "why dont you go to 3rd world countries where they actually fuck up the ocean" they zip up like the cucks they are
>>
>>3925818
You're such a fag
>>
>>3925713
its the faroe islands dude them niggas weird
>>
>>3925713
Why are Faroe's so fucking based? God's speed brothers!
>>
>>3925713
>Feroese
>Europeans
bitch they're the niggers of the northern sea
>>
>>3925741
you realize it's possible to think that both these things are bad right
>>
>>3927047
you will never get an answer to this question from carnist hypocrites who pretend to care about animal suffering meanwhile gulping down meat every day
>>
>>3925847
>Chickens, cows, and pigs lives are worth less than nothing. Value is created when they die
What are eggs and dairy products amirite?



Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.