[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

rench anon here

New neighbour just came with 13 crazy cats that are destroying my garden.
Do you have any solution to deal with them ?
>>
The little fuckers even ate my flowers
>>
Get a dog.
>>
>>3916311
I don't like to have a domestic animal
>>
>>3916374
Lavender and citrus smelling plants are unpleasant for cats. Also keep your soil wet and they won't dig to shit in it. Thats the best I have.
>>
>>3916399
They shit in it without digging, might test the lavander&citrus thing even if I believe i will use mor draconian measures
>>
Any of you guys already had an experience about dealing with them ?
>>
>>3916293
They make repellants use them
>>
Hot pepper powder and sauce around the garden.
>>
>>3916459
I doubt about their efficiency
>>
>>3916293
https://www.aspca.org/pet-care/animal-poison-control/cats-plant-list
>>
>>3916467
Could be usefull, thanks
>>
Auditory repellents work very well. They use them to repel foxes in my area, but it drives the local cats nuts. Also like another anon said, flowers that repel them. Ssscat if it’s a small area.
>>
I'm renting a place and I'm allowed full use of the garden as long as I don't touch the peach tree, but the owner has let his damned cats use it as a litter box for years. How do I cleanse this place?
I've been thinking of lifting the first foot of soil and uproot the grass, replace with new soil and grass, and plant nothing but lavender and other supposed cat repellants, maybe for up to a year before I can plant anything edible? I've been told to put chicken wire under the last inch of soil, won't it rust and pollute everything?
>>
>>3916521
iron isn't really a pollutant
>>
>>3916293
get your own cat or spray dog urine in your yard.
>>
>>3916462
Permethrin tick spray and cat treats.
>>
>>3916293
Adopt a pitbull and let it roam free on your property
>>
>>3916521
>before I can plant anything edible?
At least 2 years, though I’m not sure if that was the length of the study or if oocysts can persist even longer than that.
>>
>>3916466
naw cats are super sensitive to smells and stuff. I have 2 cats (not shilling cats or care that you dont like them, thats fine), and they wont even walk on my floors after I mop, and will hide in other rooms until the cleaner smell dissipates. They cry if their litter box gets too full and stinky. Cry if fruit is going bad, etc. literally all they do all day long is walk around smelling stuff or sleeping, and they'll avoid entire floors of the house for hours/days if it doesn't smell right.

If you got some well reviewed cat repellant, they'd probably just consider your yard a permanent no-go zone after a month or 2 of spraying it
>>
>>3916586
adding on, cats are basically just little furry autists. You have to think like an autist to get rid of them. Some things I can think of:

>loud, sudden, annoying sounds (in frequencies humans cant hear)
>chimes
>eggshells in the dirt to hurt their paws when they walk on it (this works for snails/slugs as well)
>reflective spinning things to scare them
>fire up a generator in your backyard for an hour or 2 sporadically
>shoot cans in your backyard with a pellet gun (cats are always spying/watching, they'll see this shit and avoid the yard)
>>
>>3916293
If the law is not going to help you defend your property then stealthily decorate the area with small bits of foods you know cats like and mix it with either of the following tylenol (seriously look it up), antifreeze, or rat poison. And put them away from your general area, since cats like to roam around take advantage of that. Killing them is the only actual solution and never confront your neighbor because you do NOT want to give them reason to think you're the one doing this.

They really need to start punishing people who allow their stupid cats to roam around neighborhoods unsupervised as that enables them to become nuisances.
>>
>>3916293
It should be illegal to have that many pets. The law really needs to restrict these bastard animal hoarders. I think two pets should be the maximum and you should NOT be allowed to ever again get anymore. And the bastard pet companies should be charged with animal abuse because of their horrible breeding practices to make profit off these animals.
>>
>>3916293
Tylenol works well for cat induced headaches. It's effective, reliable, and has less collateral damage than alternatives.
>>
>>3916293
Please ignore all the psychopaths telling you to kill them in agonizing ways, just get a trap and catch them one at a time and send them to the shelter.
>>
File: 0lk1xnx9bue51.png (1.15 MB, 720x1215)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB PNG
>>3916374
Get a wolfdog. Just be careful, some people sell dogwolves as wolfdogs. Then you'd have a domestic animal, not counting the house spiders that would die if you put them outside.

But really any dog with high prey drive will happily kill everything that moves while staying friendly with humans and other dogs (as long as they can tell they're dogs).
>>
>>3916611
Antifreeze has bitterants added these days and rat poison likely won't kill them. It's extra deadly to rats, but might just make a cat throw up.

Adult strength tylenol PM extra strength, anon. The lethal dose for a cat is over 100 mg/kg so assuming 10kg cats you'd need to make sure each cat ingested at least two tabs. Go 4 for certainty. This is a humane although potentially sloppy euthanasia method. They MIGHT suffer, but if they do they'll just feel a bit sick and then keel over. Sorry about your cat OP maybe next time don't get a pet you can't even afford to put down.

It takes two to three times as many tabs for a dog and dogs are more likely to be successfully treated.
>>
>>3917005
imagine the seethe
>lets cats outside so they can kill everything that moves
>NOOO MY CAT IS SPECIAL
better yet trap some coyotes and release them in your neighborhood. coyotes are good for the environment, unlike dogs.
>>
>>3916993
>just get a trap and catch them one at a time and send them to the shelter.
Why waste the resources just to get someone else to kill it? Ferals are 100% unrehomeable once they are about 8 weeks old, which is the age they could even be caught by traps. Even super socialized strays would probably be very hard to rehome, my shelter doesn't even routinely take them anymore because they know they'll just have to kill them anyway, and it's expensive. If they do take them in they'll at the least make you wait a few weeks, so if you think keeping a cat indoors is inhumane, imagine keeping it in a tiny cage.

Cheaper and easier to just put a hollow point squarely through their dome actually heard of a shelter doing that once. I like cats but ferals are basically just wild animals, not pets.
>>
My area used to have a bad mouse problem. Some cats moved into the area and the only critters I've ever seen are dead

In my book they've earned their value
>>
>>3916293
poison
>>
>>3917042
Well you just gave OP incentive not to rat himself out to the owners faggot ass, since he might be a psycho. Plus OP needs to give the owner incentive not to let his cat shit and piss everywhere. Looks like little toxo's getting gassed and you'll never even know it happened lol.
>>
>>3917048
If OP and the neighbors are reasonable xhe can explain how the cats are fucking up xheir garden and hopefully the neighbors take the proper measures to keep the cats away like tall fences, repellents, etc

If the neighbors are dicks then XP can get their local government or animal control involved

I don't know why people on this board are so dead set on murdering cats. Probably sociopaths
>>
I swear half this board are zoophiles that want to fuck animals and the other half want to murder animals
>>
>>3917044
The solution to rodent problems is for stupid humans to not make trash easy for vermin to get. For example leaving bags of garbage on the sidewalk? That is idiotic. Use wheelie bins or something so that the damn animals can't get to the contents inside. By doing this it's not just rodents that stop showing up it's also stray and feral cats and raccoons and the like. No lingering food? No vermin.

Also heavily punish anyone who throws away random things on the street like someone who just finished some soda and then throws it on the street. Stupid filthy humans is why we get these vermin.
>>
Tylenol brand fancy feast. Fast acting cure for all feline headaches. Mix 10+ 500mg acetaminophen tablets with 1 can of fancy feast.

Do not grind the tablets. This is important. Retrieve and discard bait nightly. Set at higher elevations only. Double check to ensure you do not have raccoons frequenting your yard before doing this.
>>
>>3917051
Because cat owners most of the time are uncaring bastards who feel entitled that the world only exists to babysit their roaming cats not caring about the damage they do to other people with their literal shit and piss. And animal control habitually refuses to ever catch cats. At that point the cats need to die, so keep your cats on your property.
>>
>>3916611
>make the animals suffer slowly until they die
nig
>>
>>3917042
Keep your stupid cats indoors.

And if you're going to kill a person, you deserve to rot in prison. Killing someone to defend the "honor" of a peanut sized feral animal? How stupid. All you need to do is keep your damn cats indoors. And if they need outside time, take them out to walk on a leash because it can be done. The whole era of the unsupervised cat roaming around neighborhoods? That needs to die.
>>
>>3917042
You would do anything, everyone who owns a cat is a pussy soiboi
>>
>>3917057
If local laws are 100 years outdated and animal control won't do a thing about cats, I don't blame any anon for taking matters into their own hands. Most people don't want to kill cats but psycho owners and shitty laws will tie your hands. I don't trust trapping and dropping off at shelters anymore when they either get turned away, euthanized anyway, or lunatics set them free because TNR propaganda. Nice cats get a chance at adoption, ferals have no future.
>>
File: suburb hell.jpg (1.69 MB, 1500x998)
1.69 MB
1.69 MB JPG
Americans and their cat hate really need to spontaneously combust.
If a cat is killing one of the last birds that somehow manages to hatch something in the natrue deprived suburbia or gigantic monucultural corn plantations, then it isn't the fault of cats the number of local wildlife goes down, but of the retarded burgers that can't help can't help themselves in cutting down even the last blade of grass.
If you want to help local wild life actually create places for them to live in.
>>
I also forgot to mention: there was already a good number of non domestic cats roaming my garden before this new neighbour came .
And now this stupid bitch just gave them food, they even shitted on my terrace.
I swear some people are really autistic.
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (73 KB, 500x375)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>3917111
>If a cat is killing one of the last birds that somehow manages to hatch something in the natrue deprived suburbia or gigantic monucultural corn plantations, then it isn't the fault of cats the number of local wildlife goes down, but of the retarded burgers that can't help can't help themselves in cutting down even the last blade of grass.

I'm not american, I live in a European town with even less green space.
Cats are devasting the place.
>>
>>3917115
Then you have even less ground to stand on. The european wild cat is a natural part of the predator prey ecosystems of europe.
That was before she was almost made extinct. Cat's fill this niche just fine and if the bird and critter population decreases then humans are at fault. Land consolidation and urban sprawl have a much higher impact than cats ever could.
>>
>>3917135
>Land consolidation and urban sprawl have a much higher impact than cats ever could.
Wrong.
>>
>>3916532
Thanks, good to know

>>3916563
I might also dump a lot of boiling water on the old soil to calm my autism, but I'll keep this in mind.
>>
>>3916467
spray down in that water left over from tuna cans
>>
File: trash polar bear.jpg (134 KB, 1136x852)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
>>3917060
>Double check to ensure you do not have raccoons frequenting your yard before doing this.
Any particular reason, besides avoiding trash panda collateral damage?
>>
>>3917112
Not even that, simply an uncaring human. Cat cunts simply don't care about anything except cats alone. They don't care about nature or infuriating their neighbors.
>>
>>3916293
>aquire coyotes
>problem solved
>>
>>3917778
w2c yotes to introduce to my suburb
>>
>>3917111
These problems are not mutually exclusive. You can create safe places for wildlife to live in, conserve remaining natural spaces, try to fight against land conversion, AND eradicate invasive species when able. Making a nice pond for native frogs and nesting birds isn't going to be a raging success when the local feral cat mega-colony decides to shit it up.
>>3917060
>Do not grind the tablets. This is important.
Can you elaborate? What does grinding tylenol do?
>>
>>3917984
>What does grinding tylenol do?
Speculation: it makes the bait bitter so they won't eat as much of it, plus there's less risk of them swallowing a pill the wrong way and choking on it
>>
>>3916399
brb planting lavender and citronella everywhere
>>
>>3916293
Cats should be illegal because they are not domesticated so the problems they cause are worse especially because they are globally invasive as well. And if people are mostly going to be irresponsible with cats? Then they need to start being illegal. And cats should be intentionally hunted until extinct. Any cat hags that get in the way should be criminally charged. Tired of these dumb irrational cunts being the biggest defenders of these global vermin.

Cats are useless uncaring loner moochers who have thrived due to human ignorance. And damn the first human idiots who said "This wild animal that can't be trained and is not domesticated that has claws and bacteria filled fangs is a great pet." The only winners with cats are cat related companies who make billions by marketing these shitty animals as pets to the stupid public.
>>
>>3919362
Okay but do you have a solution for my garden ?
>>
>>3919368
Definitively kill them because this situation you got? It leads to the cats attracting other cats and reproducing. Also spread the news to your neighbors to reject Trap Neuter Return and Cat Colonies because the cats will continue using your property as their shitting and pissing area which also spreads disease.
>>
>>3917111
I dont want the poop of feral cats everywhere in the soil because its dangerous to humans
>>
>>3917111
>Americans and their cat hate

Because America is the land of Feminism, it's also the land with the biggest amount of worship towards cats since most cat fans are Stupid Women. Women would prefer decorating the country with cat shit and cat piss through colonies than ever have a cleaner country. Needless to say women would prefer the American ecosystem destroyed if it keeps their stupid invasive cats happy.

So you who are claiming Americans hate cats? Eat shit and die. If anything American needs to LEARN to hate cats. And my hope is that the situation with feline diseases gets so bad that Americans have no choice but to hate cats and start killing them until extinct in North America and then expand from there to the rest of the continent.
>>
>>3919374
It's dangerous for humans and nature as well. Cats are shit animals whose extinction would benefit the world.

And it needs to be said, cats are horrible rodent control. Terrier dogs do a better job, minks do a better job of killing rodents, and ultimately humans are the better killers of rodents since humans understand where to find the nests to kill rodents and are even inventing ways to make rodents not fertile. Cats are useless novelty animals who are not domesticated and spread their unique brands of disease, it's time for mankind to permanently separate from cats.
>>
we deserve cats
>>
>>3919391
>since most cat fans are Stupid Women
I think there has been a shocking surge in creepy men who obsess over cats just like the stereotypical crazy cat ladies of yore. I don't doubt a massive amount of lunatic cat fans are still women, but I think the number of men with similar insane cat obsessions may be understated and is a concerning trend.
>>
>>3919941
It's still women who are the majority by the millions. The few men are simply that, the few. Though for what it's worth men who like cats are the ones women hate because they are physically unattractive. Your average man or handsome man does not have an interest in cats.

Either way the reason we can't resolve the problems cats unleash is because of these dumb and annoying women. Wonder if the United States needs to collapse and women lose their rights so that something can finally be done about these shitty feline animals.
>>
>>3919362
>if it’s not domesticated it should be illegal
>and we will make several species extinct
>because I don’t like them
never change
>>
Typical poor bitch living in a tiny shack sorrounded by drug addicts taking out his frustration on animals. Try actually getting a job instead of wasting your time planting weed in your tiny concrete hell.
>>
>>3916293
Teatree oil works wonders, spray it around anything you don't want them touching.
>>
>>3916293
I heard glass shards in can food causes intestinal failure and won't show up on x-rays, how big should the glass shards be?
>>
>>3916293
Like that, drop them off at the pound and make your stupid neighbor pick them up.
>>
>>3919391
>commenting on cat piss and shit
I mean sure, but dog owners let their animals shit and piss on the street and that's better?

domestic cats and dogs are the same tier of niggerdom but dogfuckers get very defensive about everything (probably because the dog is their lover not a pet) and cat owners should just keep their cats indoors
>>
>>3921284
Don't talk shit about dogs you commie faggot, my Huskie loves me more than any human ever did
>>
>>3920076
God has given us dominion over the earth, therefore it's morally justified to remove whatever animal I don't want around
>>
>>3921293
>Every shitsky owners inner monologue
>>
>>3921284
>cat owner getting super defensive and calling dog owners super defense
ok
>>
>>3921305
Thanks for chiming in Abdul bin Muhammad
>>
>>3921323
>every shitsky owners only defense
>>
>>3919941
I mean I wanna torture and kill them so you're not wrong
>>
File: NL7n0AY.jpg (191 KB, 768x1024)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
>>3921293
Based

Subhumans seething
>>
>>3916399
>>3916434
My cat licks mandarin peel, so be aware that this may not work. You could try motion sensor sprinklers: they are purpose-built for this kind of thing.
>>
>>3916293
spray chilli powder onto your lawn
>>
>>3916305
Use flowers toxic to cats.
>>
>>3916293
Plastic snake toys on black trays solved it for me, maybe our cats are retarded
>>
>>3917067
NOOO NOT THE POOR KITTERINO JUST BECAUSE IT TORTURES SMALLERS ANIMALS DOESNT MAKE THE REVERSE RIGHT!
>>
>>3916611
I thought this was the /an/imal board, Jesus Christ. Nigger.
>>
>>3916470
That's not gonna work bc there won't be an association. Cat will continue to come back, even in pain.
Use the water spray sensors. THAT would get the message across.
>>
>>3916611
Nope. Leaving this around will destroy ALL LIFE around. There are currently anti-rat poison PSA's because predators that eat the rats are getting sick. STOP WITH POISON
>>
>>3917115
Humans are more invasive and dangerous then cats.
>>
>>3916293
Just get a water sprinkler. Cats hate water.
>>
>>3925222
That's fair
If you want to lower yourself to the rank of a cat you should be exterminated as well
>>
Ignore every psychopath in here and go talk to your neighbor, unless you are a psychopath as well, then in that case, go to a psychiatrist.
>>
File: rawImage.jpg (415 KB, 2048x1366)
415 KB
415 KB JPG
psychopaths: i hate cats i hate them they destroy my beautiful environment!!
the beautiful environment in question:
>>
File: PSX_20210809_074201.jpg (264 KB, 1500x1125)
264 KB
264 KB JPG
>>3925291
Why u project so much
>>
>>3925291
Now imagine that environment covered in cat shit and without any traces of wildlife except stray cats.
>>
>>3925435
and flies
don't forget the flies
>>
>>3925291
these are probably multi million dollar homes
>>
>>3925220
Why care about wild animals that are close to human towns and cities? I don't care what happens to say a racoon. And these animals still live in forested areas where humans don't settle down. So any dumb animal that gets poisoned for getting close to human civilization deserves to die along with the bastard cats.
>>
>>3925435
And don't forget the piss which kills all plant life. Cats should NOT be pets at all. Even if you keep them indoors they are naturally filthy animals who decorate their own bodies with their shit.

These shitty animals are health hazards to humans and destroy nature. This is one animal that should be intentionally killed into extinction and any cat loving cunt who denies reality should be killed. Got no tolerance for idiots like that. And don't say cats are good rodent control, that's one of the biggest lies in the world. Cats are useless novelty parasite animals and should be killed and burned so their toxic corpses don't damage nature because that's another thing cat corpses damage the ecosystem.
>>
>>3925621
The only dumb animals who deserve to die are humans that poison cats.
>>
>>3925639
Eat cat shit and die. Cat fans are the most disposable types of humans, easy to argue that your kind deserves to be killed because you are an enabler of a shitty problem animal that destroys nature and spreads diseases to humans. You are shit.
>>
>>3916293
you gotta deal with your neighbor, not directly with the cats
>>
>>3925646
Lmao, look at this butthurt clown triggered by fucking kittens. Imagine being a grown up man afraid of cats.
>>
>>3917111
urban cats are nothing but pests that spread the toxo around, that shit is very harmful especially for pregnant women
>>
>>3925650
The irony is that most stupid defenders of cats are women.
>>
>>3925650
Idk if dumbasses who spread the toxo meme actually believe that a large portion of the population has it but you realize that its basically impossible to get it unless you liberally smear your face in cat shit right? You know that, right?

>inb4 'lol catfags do smear their face with cat shit lolol' I bet your 3 year old nephew thinks you're hilarious
>>
>>3925657
The source of origin for this parasite is always a shitty cat. That's the problem as cats also contaminate human food production. Time for mankind to say goodbye to this trash animal.
>>
>>3925650
>>3925660
Lmao, maybe it's an American thing then. I didn't know the US was so trash it had to deal with literally third world problems such as toxoplasmosis. Well, keep killing cats then, I guess.
>>
Cat regulation is inevitable
>>
>>3917135
lmao domestic roamers and strays have pushed the european wildcat to near extinction you retarded toxo zombie
>>
>>3916293
>13 cats
Just report the owner to an animal cruelty group
>>
>>3925666
We don't. It's a meme. Some newfags see it and take it seriously and repeat it as if it's real, but it's not an actual problem. It was just supposed to be a funny jab thrown back and forth between the cat tribe and dog tribe in banter on this board, but genuine nutso newfags saw it and thought they had found a place where their mental illness is welcome.
>>
>>3925648
not as pitiful as a grown up cat man desu
>>
load a super soakers up with vinegar and shoot them in the face
>>
>>3926334
I disagree.

>>3926319
That makes sense. It's just the usual 4chan autism.
>>
>>3926257
>Cat regulation is inevitable

True, to solve the problem it should be global law that any cat sold is already castrated.

The other things that must be done is punish cat owners much more for breaking the law like allowing their cats to roam unsupervised in neighborhoods. The big problem is that the majority of cat owners are women and most men HATE punishing women whenever they break the law. So simps will interfere with any kind of cat regulation.
>>
>>3926377
>load [an integrally-supressed Ruger 10/22] up with [60gr subsonic match ammo] and shoot them in the face
ftfy
>>
>>3926377
Better yet, load it up with a mix of water, liquid detergent, and bleach. When a cat is shot with this mix of liquids it will eventually lick itself to groom itself and it will inevitably get poisoned.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.