[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 70 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Cat drinking water edition. Remember to make sure your cat has plenty of fresh water during hot weather.
Previous: >>3861787
>>
>>3867181
Yeah it's ARAM.
>>
my kitten keeps coming up to jump in my lap and cuddle up there to sleep instead of doing it in her place in the room. if i try to put something like a small fence to keep her out, she keeps meowing louder and louder until i let her out, but she doesn't do or need anything but sleep. it's a bit annoying since as i'm on the computer for the most part and if i have to move or shift around i can't because of her
>>
File: slurpslurpslurp.jpg (972 KB, 1736x1156)
972 KB
972 KB JPG
She does.
>>
File: IMG_20190320_201525_737.jpg (1.03 MB, 2048x1362)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB JPG
I posted here a couple of weeks ago about my sick cat. I wanted to provide an update now that I know she's stable. She has kidney disease. I got her to the vet just in time. She's been there every day since. I got sent home yesterday with some syringes and a bag of fluid. She's going to need regular injections for the rest of her life. She's certainly perked up but she's still recovering and spends most of her time sleeping. I'll do what I need to for her as long as she's happy but if she just sleeps alone all day for the rest of her life and puts up a fight for every injection then I don't know. It's very bittersweet.
>>
>>3871475
She'll get used to it.
Try the treats after each shot.

How old is she?
>>
File: IMG_20210101_084852_011.jpg (141 KB, 1367x1367)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
>>3871487
She's 15. The vet said she's been very good with the shots for them but that being afraid may have worked to their advantage. I got her used to taking pills by giving her food afterwards and basically doesn't care at all about pills now so I'll do the same with the fluids.

Her name is Sibyl by the way. She's very chatty. I hope to hear her late night yowling and skittering around the house again soon. She's up 2lbs since her emergency visit which was mostly water so it shows how dehydrated she was.
>>
>>3871475
>>3871492
Poor Sibyl, I hope the treatment works and her health improves by the minute.

>>3871438
All kittens do this because they don't want to stay alone for a long time, just like human babies. It's also a way to say "hey you're treating me well, see, I love you!".
She will slowly become more independent as the months pass.

>>3871462
>"Let me test its freshness first."
>"Good job, slave."
>>
File: IMG_20210610_193043.jpg (2.76 MB, 1736x2312)
2.76 MB
2.76 MB JPG
>>3871527
>1year old
>Still follows me everywhere I go
>When I close a door to open the window she meows and the whole building can hear
>Stays near me and stares at me when it's time to go to bed
>Gets under the blanket when I read and sleeps near my head for the whole night without leaving
>Gets on my chest when it's time to wake up
>If i go to the toilet, i can be sure when I open the door she's right here waiting.

Good thing is that I haven't been able to fap for a year since she's always around.
>>
>>3871595
Sidewise eyes
>>
>poorfag br*zilian rapist still spamming
Get ragebanned again.

>>3871545
It would be creepy if she were a human but when cats are so obsessed with their human they're adorable. Also yes, still pretty young. Took my cats 2 years to calm down, he was very energetic but not so sociable.
>>
>>3871438
Give your kitten snuggles or else!
>>
Bros, I wanna get a cat, what should I know before owning one?
>>
>>3871771
Younger cats and kittens are more demanding and will have more energy than older cats so consider this before picking one. Their litter needs to be cleaned at least daily. Wet food is better than dry food as it's less likely for the cat to develop kidney issues (but make sure the ingredients are mostly meat). Cats like routine and quiet most of the time so if your lifestyle can't provide that then maybe don't. Despite cats being independent, they still enjoy company so you have to spend some time and play with it every day. On that topic it's also good to get some physical activity in for your cat, either getting him into strolls outside early in its life, or just getting toys and stuff to chase around. If you can, cats also enjoy high up and/or hidden and/or comfy spots, or looking out windows so try to have some of those available. If not already done when you get it it's a good idea to get your cat neutered/spayed and vaccinated. Also don't declaw it, cats need claws to defend themselves and it's also animal cruelty akin to cutting off your fingers at the last joint. A scratching post is nice for them to shed off their old claws. If your cat is long haired it's ideal if you can groom it every now and then. That's all I can think of.
>>
File: 20210720_140946.jpg (860 KB, 1210x1613)
860 KB
860 KB JPG
Something caught his eye
>>
why the fuck do their feces smell so fucking bad? i legit feel like vomiting whenever i clean the litter
>>
>>3871880
>shit smells like shit
news at 11
>>
So has anyone actually tasted their cat's' food? I've always been curious.
>>
>>3871801
Well his fluff caught my eyes.

>>3871783
Oh kek it was at 310 this morning. Must be that mods ragebanned Sam and his posts got all deleted.

>>3871880
They do smell bad but to say you feel like vomiting it raises questions about their diet.

>>3871891
I wondered about it some times but no, I'm too much of a coward to do it.
>>
>>3871891
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFuwumTHet4
>>
>>3871891
dry food is kind of crunchy and bland. Doesn't really taste like much to my human palette
>>
>>3871417
>stick finger up butt
>put finger in cats face
>she makes the face
Haha stupid cat
>>
getting my first cat hopefully here by the end of next week.
could use any advice you have to give me
Little guy named Okra, missing an eye and partially blind in the other, 2 months old and 2.25lbs.
I have a really small place so i'm not really worried about him getting lost around or anything, but I think i might need to litterbox train him, anything else I should be wary about?
>>
>>3871920
I could believe it, he makes a lot of posts without any images.
>>
>>3871934
I only feed my cats luxury wet food. They eat better than I do most of the time.
>>
>>3871934
But thank you for your input. It is good to know what dry food tastes like too.
>>
my cat wants to go outside ALL THE FUCKING TIME. He's not even a year old. I made the terrible mistake of walking him once and now he spends every day and night meowing at the door. What the fuck do I do? I can't walk him 24/7
>>
>>3872090
Could have a long leash, attach it somewhere and let the kot roam the area
>>
I'm working from home as a call center rep, and during work hours I close the room's door and I hear my cat meow and scratch the door trying to get my attention. Are my actions abusive?

Not sure how else I can have office time
>>
File: Capture4.png (13 KB, 1119x211)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
Holy fuck it actually was him
>>
>>3872140
Every good thread on 4chan will attract a schizo, its like the golden rule of 4chan
>>
>>3872140
He didn't euthanise his gay aids-ridden drug addict brother though, and I don't know why.
>>
File: 20200629_064647.jpg (1.21 MB, 1795x2268)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB JPG
I wish I could just ban the Brazilians ip for just me so I wouldn't have to see his spam
>>
>15 yo overweight but not super fat cat
>has had arthritis for years
>move to new colder house
>Vet gave her long lasting pain killer shot about three months back
>having her best winter in years
>until this week where she is walking worse than she ever has
>Vet is coming to take a look at her on Saturday

I don't want her to get The Needle now, bros. I was hoping she'd at least get another spring and summer and be able to sleep out in the yard, in the sun, like she could when she was young.
Her claws need trimming so it could be that making it hurt for her to walk. But I really don't think that's it, they're not that long.
Hoping it's not something I don't know anything about like neural degeneration that seals the deal.
>>
How do I introduce a a kitten to another cat?

I've had this cat for about a year now and would like to adopt a kitten.
>>
File: IMG_20210722_150606.jpg (2.77 MB, 2312x1736)
2.77 MB
2.77 MB JPG
>>3872427
Tl;dr because the author makes 5 pages out of thin air :
Separate
Make them used to the other's smell
Make them see each other from apart
Place stuff with the other's smell on the other's territory
Play with both side by side
Merge the territory and expect hell anyway
>>
>>3871891
I tried a nibble of my cat's wet food once. It's... edible. Like it's better than starving but yeah I'd rather have anything else.
>>
>>3872002
>>3871788

>>3872128
Nah cats just hate being limited in their territory but gotta do what you gotta do.
>>
>>3872128
I'm afraid there's not much you can do. Hopefully it will give up. Make amends to your cat by spending quality time together in your free time.
>>3872002
The litter box training is going be easy since it's a kitten. Put litter box and the water/food bowls in one room for the first couple of weeks, he will probably be diffident and scared and will hide all day, and needs to have all that stuff accessible. Once he starts exploring the house and gets more confident your can move them elsewhere.
I've never owned blind cats myself, but I would be worried about balconies or a spots where he might fall off. I guess it'd be best to attach a net?
Remove anything that could represent a danger for him, like sharp/small objects he can easily reach and bite, be careful that he doesn't go near burning stoves etc.
Please post a pic when Okra arrives!
>>3872293
Be patient and hear what the vet tells you.
15 years for a cat is a good milestone.
We as owners must take decisions based on what is right for our cat's well-being, even if it's painful to accept.
I'm sending your cat my best wishes.
>>
File: IMG_20210715_092948.jpg (2.4 MB, 3952x1872)
2.4 MB
2.4 MB JPG
>>
>>3872510
Apartment is extremely small and i mean like 250sqft, only thing i'm worried about is wires, nothing else I can think of that could be a hazard in my apartment.
no balconies, one window.
plan to put a cat tree infront of the window
I'll post pics if my application goes through
>>
File: 1.jpg (670 KB, 1336x1164)
670 KB
670 KB JPG
How bad are his eyes? One has a visible infection, the other looks cloudy.
>inb4 take it to the vet
It's not mine, I'm waiting for a response from the local organization that rescues stay animals.
>>
>>3872617
Why do you derail the thread and give the retard the attention he wants? Report him and ignore.

>>3872626
Grow up.

>>3872624
The cat tree is a good idea.
>>
I got a kitten 2 days ago, he's 3 weeks old, but he hides all day, I legit cannot find him, but at least comes out at night to eat. What can I do? Bring something tasty to him? Try to lure him somehow? I have a few of these Churu tubes.

He was kinda used to my mother tho, she had it for around 4 days before, should I ask her to come over and try to get him out?
>>
>>3872673
pics
>>
>Woke up from a bad dream
>Kitty heard me and climbed on my chest.
I love my cats.
>>
What kinds of treats do you give to a kitten?
>>
File: 20201222_161934.jpg (3.82 MB, 4032x2268)
3.82 MB
3.82 MB JPG
this is my granda's vet clinic cat izzy, she gives emergency blood transfusions if needed and keeps guard
>>
>>3872675
Only pic I have ;_;

He's a tuxedo, picked from the street by a local cat rescue org.
>>
>>3872684
very cute.
>>
>>3872673
It sounds like the kitten was used to your mom and her environment, and now he's in another new environment with another strange new giant monkey walking around so he's frightened. Just give him some time to adjust and he'll come around.
>>
>>3872683
Beautiful hero

>>3872684
Cutie, just let him get used to you and your place it's already good that he comes out to eat. I've had my cat for years and he still spends most of his time lazing in his favorite hiding spots.
>>
File: 20201222_140353.jpg (2.53 MB, 4032x2268)
2.53 MB
2.53 MB JPG
>>3872683
this is her keeping watch as people arrive
>>
>>3871891
I once had a small spoon of wet food, on dare of getting some wonka kazoozles. Teen me remembers it tasted like nothing. Like no flavor.
>>
>>3872700
>not letting your KITTEN outside and decrease its life expectancy = PETA
>not letting an insatiable domestic beast destroy local fauna = american
are you retarded? do you even own a cat? gringo-obsessed lunatic
>>
File: IMG_1090.jpg (1.17 MB, 2016x1512)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB JPG
Mathilda is doing well. I'm considering keeping her as an indoor cat, she seems happy and I don't her to get hit by a car or whatever. I'll buy her a cat bed for the kitchen at some point

>>3872677
Oh yeah. Hearing that purr when you go to sleep is the best thing ever
>>
File: cat.jpg (108 KB, 570x702)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
Vet is coming tomorrow. I am not hopeful my old girl will be with us this time tomorrow.
Watching the way she moves I think it is some kind of back issue rather than arthritis in her legs getting worse.
She doesn't want to put weight on her left legs. Back leg is sliding out and she is holding up her foreleg sometimes as if there was something stuck in her paw.
She seems to be learning to work with it. Moving normally except for very slowly and with pauses. Leaning on her right side at the bowl.
But she pissed on a towel earlier and couldn't even stand and squat.
It's winter here which is probably exacerbating it.
>>
>>3871417
What's a good slow feeder for wet cat food? Some days, my cat would throw up from eating too fast. He's fine with dry food, and he can eat wet food okay, but some days he eats wet food too quickly.
>>
My cat has started doing a massage on my legs when I lie down, like what they do with their paws, but he's doing with his hind legs instead. He does it over my entire leg, and keeps doing it for a long time. He's neutered so it's probably not him trying to breed, so I don't know why he is doing this. Any ideas?
>>
Is fur color a racial trait, or is it as superficial as clothes?
Put in another way: if papa and mama cat are white, can they make other colors?
>>
File: 20210711_151636.jpg (2.75 MB, 3264x2448)
2.75 MB
2.75 MB JPG
>>
>>3873537
Yeah cat colour genetics can almost seem random
>>
Press K to Kaka on Sammy's dad grave.
>>
>>3873804
Dont give them even indirect attention
>>
>>3873804
K and S to spit on it too
>>
>>3873804
Have a K for fecal matter straight into his grave
>>
File: 20210510_093437.jpg (1 MB, 1613x1210)
1 MB
1 MB JPG
>>3871545
bruh did you kidnap my kat?
>>
fuck guys, after losing my kittie 3 years ago I decided to catsit another for someone.
Its driving me insane! Unlike my old cat, this little snowwhite asshole wont shut up to the point of fucking with my sleep.
I never thought I would see a day where I didnt want a kitter around me but here I am :^(
>>
Well, I met a really stupid person today.

>went out on a bike ride
>saw an orange and white cat laying down in somebody's driveway
>no more than five seconds later, I see a missing poster for a "ORANGE AND WHITE" cat that looks strikingly like the cat I just saw.
>I go back, take a picture of the cat with my phone and texted it to them.
>"that's our cat!" and I give the address where I'm at
>a man and woman arrive
>as soon as I pointed out the cat, stupid fucking bastard dude just ran at the cat who was chilling on the driveway and, logically, the cat "OH SHIT" darted out of there into a backyard.

Who the fuck does that? I was visibly disappointed in him and told him not to run at cats and he should've brought food to lure the cat.
>>
>>3874114
> guy lets his cat roam unchecked
> doesn't come back
> cat gets found
> guys a complete dumbass and resets the search button

Many. Such. Cases...
>>
>>3872629
>>3872510
so managed to get okra, picking him up sunday.
what kinda size cat tree should I get?
>>
My faggot roommate got an adult cat and a kitten and the kitten is so goddamn annoying running all over the place and both of them constantly wrestling and meowing. Do kittens or cats understand discipline? They jump up in front of the TV when I’m playing vidya and constantly wrestle and yell at each other and jump on the counters and claw the furniture. My roommate just decided I would take care of them for the weekend so I can do whatever I want to show him that was a mistake. I was thinking of imprisoning them under a laundry basket separated for a few hours so they would shut the fuck up. Is spraying them with a bottle any good? When my roommate gets back I’m gonna tell him I want them fucking gone
>>
>>3874114
they were stupid enough to let them out in the first place
>>
>>3874130
Dude imprisonment doesn't work, you need to correct their behaviour at the time. If they claw furniture, take them to the scratchy post and put their paws on it. Just gently push them off or pick up and take off shit they aren't meant to climb on with a firm "no". Spraying with a bottle won't work, most likely they'll play or fight it, but they won't consider it punishment, more "you're a dick". Of course they'll play and fight, they're animals. They also sound bored, get toys, play with them, fuss them and shit. Sounds like your room mate doesn't understand ownership responsibilities also.
>>
Can cats sense when you're sad? I was a little depressed yesterday and my cat seemed to come over and rub himself on my legs and lay down next to me more. This may not seem like much but those are usually his only forms of showing affection as he's a very sensitive cat doesn't like being touched excessively or picked up, so it really felt he was trying to make me feel better, which he managed to do btw...
>>
>>3874378
Most semi-sentient creatures can sense our and others emotions. Cats, dogs, and horses all can, honestly. And they know that depression actually harms us, so they try to offer comfort in order to make us happy so we aren't hurting ourselves. It's quite fascinating, really.
>>
>>3871417
Cats are indoor pets.
>>
>>3874378
cats can sense when things are "off" in a number of ways. Cats can even be trained to detect seizures about to happen. I think they can smell it. They can smell what you've eaten, where you've been, how you feel, your hormones. They know a lot more about us than we realize, like they have this incredible nose (almost as good as a dogs) and not much else to do, so they're gonna study us
>>
>>3874117
I wish we could require education for pet ownership. Our way of doing things now is so fucked up
>>
File: 1622993189801.jpg (1.65 MB, 3200x2400)
1.65 MB
1.65 MB JPG
>>3873537
a litter can have more than one father
fur coat and pattern are genetic
>>
>>3873197
Good luck anon.
>>3873446
Maybe he discovered that it's a comfy feel and does it when you're in that position.
>>3874041
Does it play enough during the day, is it missing anything? If it constantly meows it could be that something needs to be fixed. That or the kitty is just loud.
>>3874121
Not too short. Tall and with multiple levels, homes and platforms like pic related would be ideal to entertain the cat even when the cat is adult.
>>
File: ct.jpg (60 KB, 600x600)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>3874485
Forgot the pic.
>>
>>3871417
Thanks for the reminder OP, my cats were thirsty.
>>
>>3871417
I want another cat... I wanna get a kitten and raise it all the way up to adulthood, but I know I can't and I now my reasons for wanting to do so don't seem very wise/healthy and won't help me appease these feelings...
>>
>>3874599
You know most people who want cats like this are fucking women? Really says a lot about me being a normal, attractive "man" doesn't it...
>>
>>3874130
Get rid of roommate and keep K0t.
>>
will a kot murder a chinchilla?
>>
File: catlick.jpg (3.29 MB, 1677x1844)
3.29 MB
3.29 MB JPG
Happy caturday ^^
>>
>>3871417
>Remember to make sure your cat has plenty of fresh water during hot weather.
But anon, I once read a WTFfunfact that said cats' kidneys are so efficient that they don't need to drink water!
>>
File: 435.jpg (248 KB, 1200x628)
248 KB
248 KB JPG
>>3874744
>t.
>>
Just got a new kitten. He is hiding his head under my drapes with his ass sticking out. I pet his haunches and he starts purring like mad, but the moment I pull back the drapes he freaks out like he can't understand I was the one petting him. So he panics, turns around, and runs to the other drape to bury his head in it. So the cycle continues.
>>
>>3874728
If you introduce them properly, no. Chillers are extremely neurotic however and can easily die from stress so watch its behavior closely and discontinue introductions if he's getting pathological.
>>
>>3874824
>can easily die from stress
i thought this was just bunnies. that's hilarious
>>
>vaccuum is stupidly loud
>wear headphones while using it because I hate it
>cat has infinitely better hearing than me
>stands in the same room while I vaccuum instead of fucking off to literally anywhere else in the house
Explain it
>>
>>3874859
Imagine if you didn't have the internet. What would be doing all day? Then imagine if something completely inexplainable happened every so often with no warning. Would you just go back to sleep or would you take a peek out and see what was happening?
>>
>>3874859
lawn equipment (even from a distance) drives me nuts but i love the sound of subway cars which is at least twice as loud
>>
>>3874886
I'm pretty sure she knows what a vaccuum is anon
>>
File: IMG_20210724_150107.jpg (1.33 MB, 4624x3472)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB JPG
His current name is Bjorn and I adopted him today
We already have one cat, a 3 year old female
We've been introducing them slowly and finally have them in the same room
He seems chill as fuck and exploring everything and cuddling up on us but she's hissing if he gets too close
Fingers crossed that she gets more comfortable around him, she's been a solo cat forever.
>>
just got a kitten for my kitten. He's in the bathroom (I live in a studio) and every time the older kitten sees the new one he hisses nonstop. This is normal right? when should I let the new kid out of the bathroom? it's fairly small and the neighbor's apt is right on the other side, so his meowing may annoy him
>>
>>3871788
I've thought about sticking a few pounds of fish into a crockpot once per week and feeding my cats that (I live near ocean fisheries, so some kinds of fish are stupid cheap here). Would that be healthy to do all the time, do you think?
>>
>>3871891
Cats have taste buds for ATP specifically, we do not. The food will be bland to us but utterly delicious to them.
>>
>>3874859
I just lock my cat inside the kitchen when I do it

>>3874903
Cute cat

>>3874996
Normal, cat see their place/surroundings as their territory. When new animals arrive they feel it's a threat
>>
>>3875108
I guess that's good news. I tried the internet's "isolation" method but it's really not feasible in my small studio. Bathroom is too cramped and the loud meowing might get me in trouble. So I tried to distract both of them as much as possible for the past 3 hours. New kid was very playful but old one only at the beginning, after a while just stared at new kid and occasionally hissed. I guess it could be worse, not a lot of swatting yet. Any tips?
>>
>>3875114
I only have experience introducing a puppy to an older cat really. Got a new cat this week. But if they're younger cats I think they'll be fine, based on my readings the last week it looks like it's mostly older cats that can't get along, they'll probably just need a few days to get used to each other
>>
>>3874859
Meanwhile my cats run away from the vacuum.
>>
>>3874903
Very cute baby. Hissing and yowling is normal at first, just be there to divide them if she gets aggressive.
>>3874859
My friend's cats are not scared either, one even lays down on the floor and sleeps.
>>3875170
Yeah, mine are terrified. I have to vacuum the living room every day, I do it in the morning when they sleep on the bed and they don't seem to care, they keep sleeping peacefully when the noise is distant and the door is closed.
>>3875114
Young kittens will get along quickly, don't worry if you're not following internet's advices literally and let them move freely. As I replied to the first anon, be there to divie them if the rough play turns into aggressive attacks.
>>
Webm thread has some choice kitty webbums >>3869751
>>
File: cat.jpg (70 KB, 680x510)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
How do I get a feral cat spayed again? Make an appointment to get fixed, HOPE I can trap it before the appointment, pay full price, keep it in my apartment for a day to recover, then release? It doesn't seem that easy. I don't even have a car so I would have to rent one I guess.
>>
File: IMG_20210720_112556.jpg (457 KB, 4160x3120)
457 KB
457 KB JPG
This nigga's mouth smells like shit. What can I do to reduce it?
>>
File: 1473029176627.jpg (8 KB, 300x256)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
I'm introducing my 10 week old kitten to my sisters 20 week old kitten. We live together and I kept them separated and just playing under the door for the first week and a bit. They seem really excited to meet each other and were meowing nonstop trying to see each other near the end of the week.

As you can imagine the 20 week old kitten is double the size of the younger one. When they play fight, my sister's kitten isn't hurting mine, but he is very excited and forceful. He won't bite down too hard but he doesn't know his own strength and he'll throw the kitten around and bite on his neck and feet. He'll even extend his whole mouth around my kitten's neck. My kitten will yowl really loudly (even his regular meows are super high pitch and loud though) to the point where it sounds like he's in a lot of pain.

The thing is my kitten will keep going towards him and no one is hissing or puffing their tails. I can't tell if I should let them continue or not. My kitten will even start half the exchanges by pawing at him and then immediately get knocked to the floor and body slammed.

I don't get it
>>
>>3875698
It's typical play behavior. Lots of young animals all over the kingdom do this. Dogs, cats, etc. They're playing, learning how to be the animal they are, learning their own strength, and forming a bond which is necessary if you wish for them to live peacefully. Also, it's seeing who is going to be over the other in terms of hierarchy. Let'em be, they're fine, I promise.
>>
>>3875702
At what point should I trust them to be alone though? Because the bigger cat is really just beating the shit out of him at times

do i still leave him locked with me in my room at night?
>>
So I got okra and brought him home. Everything was good, he came out of his cage and ate food, played, took a nap with me. I went out to grab some groceries quick, came back and he ran behind the toilet. I put a bowl of water over there and left his food where it was earlier. Unsure what happened, maybe ambivalence and he just needs to get used to everything?
Should i be worried, he is missing an eye and partially blind in the other, no medical issues though, I figure he'll be ok but no idea as this is my first cat
>>
>>3874817
I need to come up with a name for my kitten but I am stuck. I keep calling him "guy" "bruh" and "my dude," but those aren't really cat names. So far his personality alternates between schitzophrenic running around with non-stop crying and purr machine and complete lovebug. He is a tuxedo cat with facial markings that look like one of those Zorro masks so I was thinking of calling him Mamoru Chiba, but no one would get it and weebshit is gay.
>>
>>3875742
call him zorro then idk
>>
>>3875744
Zorro didn't wear a tuxedo. He wore that gay af frilly shirt. /an/ is useless. Just a bunch of furries and dogfuckers.
>>
>>3875742
Officer Meow Meow Fuzzy Pants
>>
>>3875742
>weebshit is gay
>calling him bruh
Not much of an upgrade.
>>
>>3875742
Tuxedo Mask
>>
>>3875748
i-understood-that-reference.gif
>>
>>3875742
call him Based Department
>>
>buy expensive 5 ft deluxe cat tree
>be DIYlet so it took me several hours to assemble
>cat doesn't use it
fug...
>>
https://streamable.com/mulc7f

Are my kittens playing too rough? I separated them after this and they're now meowing at the door. The bigger kitten will just hold him hostage and won't let the smaller kitten get away after a certain point..

they kinda just go at it forever
>>
>>3875834
That's pretty normal. Just a dominance and play thing. If it gets too crazy just break them up, but they should tire themselves out soon enough. Also look up cat body language. There none of them look very stressed or in fear like they are being attacked against their will. Now if their hair goes up, the tail is puffed out, and one is very clearly not enjoying it then break that up and it's going too far. Otherwise just let them go at it.
>>
>>3875840
ok thanks, the smaller kitten just sounds like he's getting murdered everytime they play so it stresses me out
>>
>>3875841
Nah. He's fine. Think of it more like when kids wrestle and they make noises or yell and it's not serious. Like I said if you see the hair go up or the tail then that means it's a defensive posture and isn't for fun anymore. But as long as it's just like that it's normal and they're just playing. They're feeling each other out basically. Just let them get it out of their system and it'll be over. Just pay attention to make sure it doesn't go too far. But given they're kittens it likely won't. If they were full adult males or something it'd be a different story because then you have territoriality to worry about. But what you see there is pretty basic for kittens. Especially since they are new to each other. But I know what you mean. But it sounds way worse than it is. Just keep an eye out for the warning signs I mentioned and if that happens then it's over.
>>
>>3875742
Who was your favorite Bond? Name him that.
>>
>>3875843
Also other warning signs: hissing, mewling, actual claws coming out. Just so you can keep track of the feel of what's going on between them and know if it does cross a line.
>>
I was under the impression that the dad doesn't involve himself at all but I saw him hanging out and playing a little with the feral kitten today.
>>
redpill me on animal shelters
>>
can i give my cat a raw chicken neck
bought a kg of them for my dog for a couple bucks and there were way more than expected, but they didnt sell less than a kg
theyre frozen so theyll keep forever, but wondering if my car would enjoy one
>>
>>3875861
As with many things kot, it's a case-by-case basis. Fathers aren't generally involved in kitten-rearing by design, but some may be unusually affectionate or especially protective of their lady.
>>
File: Leftovers.jpg (986 KB, 1486x1259)
986 KB
986 KB JPG
>no, you won't see the end.
>>
File: IMG_20210726_205547.jpg (3.61 MB, 3633x3000)
3.61 MB
3.61 MB JPG
>>3876166
>wondering if my car would enjoy one
/o/ is over there, but I'm pretty sure you can't just feed cars food. Also make sure no bones etc in it, but yes, cats do enjoy raw food.
>>
Are face licks from cats always good?
>>
>>3876742
> sugar in gas tank
> potato in tail pipe
> baloney with mustard and ketchup on the body

Not sure it counts as eating, but...
>>
>>3876769
I appreciate them but I'd not describe the feeling as entirely good. It's very sweet though and loving. Can also be an auto-grooming response to fuss as well, in certain areas the cat can't easily groom itself.
>>
>>3874432
I did not know cats are that complicated.
Looking at cats that breed in the wild, I thought they had 4 fur sliders and 1 nose slider in the character creation menu.
>>
>>3871545
So adorable. Why do cats do this?
>>
>>3876837
>Pay attention to me!
>I'm here! Isn't that great?
>Don't leave me alone!
>>
File: 20210726_173744.jpg (1.93 MB, 2608x3554)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB JPG
So my kot is 16 weeks old and likes to run and jump and grab my arm and then bite it and scratch it

When will she grow out of this
>>
>>3875672
There's special food to reduce the smell. You can prevent tartar and plaque by brushing its teeth every day. I think every owner should do it.
How old is your lovely black kitty? Looks quite young. Maybe you can train it.
>>3875715
He's hearing new sounds, noises, for the first time. Anything could upset or scare Okra. Don't worry and give him time. Probably because he has vision impairments he'll need more time than a 'normal' cat.
>>
>>3875986
What's to redpill? They exist because shitty people abandon their animals or they don't neuter/spay them.
>>3876166
Might be fussy if it's not part of its regular diet. Anyway cook it before giving it to your cat, no seasonings or salt.
>>3876905
When she'll stop being a kitten physically.
>>
File: 20210726_175816.jpg (2.26 MB, 3024x3226)
2.26 MB
2.26 MB JPG
>>3876905
>>3876915
It's a good thing I trimmed her nails

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.