[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Cat drinking water edition. Remember to make sure your cat has plenty of fresh water during hot weather.
Previous: >>3861787
>>
>>3867181
Yeah it's ARAM.
>>
my kitten keeps coming up to jump in my lap and cuddle up there to sleep instead of doing it in her place in the room. if i try to put something like a small fence to keep her out, she keeps meowing louder and louder until i let her out, but she doesn't do or need anything but sleep. it's a bit annoying since as i'm on the computer for the most part and if i have to move or shift around i can't because of her
>>
File: slurpslurpslurp.jpg (972 KB, 1736x1156)
972 KB
972 KB JPG
She does.
>>
File: IMG_20190320_201525_737.jpg (1.03 MB, 2048x1362)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB JPG
I posted here a couple of weeks ago about my sick cat. I wanted to provide an update now that I know she's stable. She has kidney disease. I got her to the vet just in time. She's been there every day since. I got sent home yesterday with some syringes and a bag of fluid. She's going to need regular injections for the rest of her life. She's certainly perked up but she's still recovering and spends most of her time sleeping. I'll do what I need to for her as long as she's happy but if she just sleeps alone all day for the rest of her life and puts up a fight for every injection then I don't know. It's very bittersweet.
>>
>>3871475
She'll get used to it.
Try the treats after each shot.

How old is she?
>>
File: IMG_20210101_084852_011.jpg (141 KB, 1367x1367)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
>>3871487
She's 15. The vet said she's been very good with the shots for them but that being afraid may have worked to their advantage. I got her used to taking pills by giving her food afterwards and basically doesn't care at all about pills now so I'll do the same with the fluids.

Her name is Sibyl by the way. She's very chatty. I hope to hear her late night yowling and skittering around the house again soon. She's up 2lbs since her emergency visit which was mostly water so it shows how dehydrated she was.
>>
>>3871475
>>3871492
Poor Sibyl, I hope the treatment works and her health improves by the minute.

>>3871438
All kittens do this because they don't want to stay alone for a long time, just like human babies. It's also a way to say "hey you're treating me well, see, I love you!".
She will slowly become more independent as the months pass.

>>3871462
>"Let me test its freshness first."
>"Good job, slave."
>>
File: IMG_20210610_193043.jpg (2.76 MB, 1736x2312)
2.76 MB
2.76 MB JPG
>>3871527
>1year old
>Still follows me everywhere I go
>When I close a door to open the window she meows and the whole building can hear
>Stays near me and stares at me when it's time to go to bed
>Gets under the blanket when I read and sleeps near my head for the whole night without leaving
>Gets on my chest when it's time to wake up
>If i go to the toilet, i can be sure when I open the door she's right here waiting.

Good thing is that I haven't been able to fap for a year since she's always around.
>>
>>3871595
Sidewise eyes
>>
>poorfag br*zilian rapist still spamming
Get ragebanned again.

>>3871545
It would be creepy if she were a human but when cats are so obsessed with their human they're adorable. Also yes, still pretty young. Took my cats 2 years to calm down, he was very energetic but not so sociable.
>>
>>3871438
Give your kitten snuggles or else!
>>
Bros, I wanna get a cat, what should I know before owning one?
>>
>>3871771
Younger cats and kittens are more demanding and will have more energy than older cats so consider this before picking one. Their litter needs to be cleaned at least daily. Wet food is better than dry food as it's less likely for the cat to develop kidney issues (but make sure the ingredients are mostly meat). Cats like routine and quiet most of the time so if your lifestyle can't provide that then maybe don't. Despite cats being independent, they still enjoy company so you have to spend some time and play with it every day. On that topic it's also good to get some physical activity in for your cat, either getting him into strolls outside early in its life, or just getting toys and stuff to chase around. If you can, cats also enjoy high up and/or hidden and/or comfy spots, or looking out windows so try to have some of those available. If not already done when you get it it's a good idea to get your cat neutered/spayed and vaccinated. Also don't declaw it, cats need claws to defend themselves and it's also animal cruelty akin to cutting off your fingers at the last joint. A scratching post is nice for them to shed off their old claws. If your cat is long haired it's ideal if you can groom it every now and then. That's all I can think of.
>>
File: 20210720_140946.jpg (860 KB, 1210x1613)
860 KB
860 KB JPG
Something caught his eye
>>
why the fuck do their feces smell so fucking bad? i legit feel like vomiting whenever i clean the litter
>>
>>3871880
>shit smells like shit
news at 11
>>
So has anyone actually tasted their cat's' food? I've always been curious.
>>
>>3871801
Well his fluff caught my eyes.

>>3871783
Oh kek it was at 310 this morning. Must be that mods ragebanned Sam and his posts got all deleted.

>>3871880
They do smell bad but to say you feel like vomiting it raises questions about their diet.

>>3871891
I wondered about it some times but no, I'm too much of a coward to do it.
>>
>>3871891
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFuwumTHet4
>>
>>3871891
dry food is kind of crunchy and bland. Doesn't really taste like much to my human palette
>>
>>3871417
>stick finger up butt
>put finger in cats face
>she makes the face
Haha stupid cat
>>
getting my first cat hopefully here by the end of next week.
could use any advice you have to give me
Little guy named Okra, missing an eye and partially blind in the other, 2 months old and 2.25lbs.
I have a really small place so i'm not really worried about him getting lost around or anything, but I think i might need to litterbox train him, anything else I should be wary about?
>>
>>3871920
I could believe it, he makes a lot of posts without any images.
>>
>>3871934
I only feed my cats luxury wet food. They eat better than I do most of the time.
>>
>>3871934
But thank you for your input. It is good to know what dry food tastes like too.
>>
my cat wants to go outside ALL THE FUCKING TIME. He's not even a year old. I made the terrible mistake of walking him once and now he spends every day and night meowing at the door. What the fuck do I do? I can't walk him 24/7
>>
>>3872090
Could have a long leash, attach it somewhere and let the kot roam the area
>>
I'm working from home as a call center rep, and during work hours I close the room's door and I hear my cat meow and scratch the door trying to get my attention. Are my actions abusive?

Not sure how else I can have office time
>>
File: Capture4.png (13 KB, 1119x211)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
Holy fuck it actually was him
>>
>>3872140
Every good thread on 4chan will attract a schizo, its like the golden rule of 4chan
>>
>>3872140
He didn't euthanise his gay aids-ridden drug addict brother though, and I don't know why.
>>
File: 20200629_064647.jpg (1.21 MB, 1795x2268)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB JPG
I wish I could just ban the Brazilians ip for just me so I wouldn't have to see his spam
>>
>15 yo overweight but not super fat cat
>has had arthritis for years
>move to new colder house
>Vet gave her long lasting pain killer shot about three months back
>having her best winter in years
>until this week where she is walking worse than she ever has
>Vet is coming to take a look at her on Saturday

I don't want her to get The Needle now, bros. I was hoping she'd at least get another spring and summer and be able to sleep out in the yard, in the sun, like she could when she was young.
Her claws need trimming so it could be that making it hurt for her to walk. But I really don't think that's it, they're not that long.
Hoping it's not something I don't know anything about like neural degeneration that seals the deal.
>>
How do I introduce a a kitten to another cat?

I've had this cat for about a year now and would like to adopt a kitten.
>>
File: IMG_20210722_150606.jpg (2.77 MB, 2312x1736)
2.77 MB
2.77 MB JPG
>>3872427
Tl;dr because the author makes 5 pages out of thin air :
Separate
Make them used to the other's smell
Make them see each other from apart
Place stuff with the other's smell on the other's territory
Play with both side by side
Merge the territory and expect hell anyway
>>
>>3871891
I tried a nibble of my cat's wet food once. It's... edible. Like it's better than starving but yeah I'd rather have anything else.
>>
>>3872002
>>3871788

>>3872128
Nah cats just hate being limited in their territory but gotta do what you gotta do.
>>
>>3872128
I'm afraid there's not much you can do. Hopefully it will give up. Make amends to your cat by spending quality time together in your free time.
>>3872002
The litter box training is going be easy since it's a kitten. Put litter box and the water/food bowls in one room for the first couple of weeks, he will probably be diffident and scared and will hide all day, and needs to have all that stuff accessible. Once he starts exploring the house and gets more confident your can move them elsewhere.
I've never owned blind cats myself, but I would be worried about balconies or a spots where he might fall off. I guess it'd be best to attach a net?
Remove anything that could represent a danger for him, like sharp/small objects he can easily reach and bite, be careful that he doesn't go near burning stoves etc.
Please post a pic when Okra arrives!
>>3872293
Be patient and hear what the vet tells you.
15 years for a cat is a good milestone.
We as owners must take decisions based on what is right for our cat's well-being, even if it's painful to accept.
I'm sending your cat my best wishes.
>>
File: IMG_20210715_092948.jpg (2.4 MB, 3952x1872)
2.4 MB
2.4 MB JPG
>>
>>3872510
Apartment is extremely small and i mean like 250sqft, only thing i'm worried about is wires, nothing else I can think of that could be a hazard in my apartment.
no balconies, one window.
plan to put a cat tree infront of the window
I'll post pics if my application goes through
>>
File: 1.jpg (670 KB, 1336x1164)
670 KB
670 KB JPG
How bad are his eyes? One has a visible infection, the other looks cloudy.
>inb4 take it to the vet
It's not mine, I'm waiting for a response from the local organization that rescues stay animals.
>>
>>3872617
Why do you derail the thread and give the retard the attention he wants? Report him and ignore.

>>3872626
Grow up.

>>3872624
The cat tree is a good idea.
>>
I got a kitten 2 days ago, he's 3 weeks old, but he hides all day, I legit cannot find him, but at least comes out at night to eat. What can I do? Bring something tasty to him? Try to lure him somehow? I have a few of these Churu tubes.

He was kinda used to my mother tho, she had it for around 4 days before, should I ask her to come over and try to get him out?
>>
>>3872673
pics
>>
>Woke up from a bad dream
>Kitty heard me and climbed on my chest.
I love my cats.
>>
What kinds of treats do you give to a kitten?
>>
File: 20201222_161934.jpg (3.82 MB, 4032x2268)
3.82 MB
3.82 MB JPG
this is my granda's vet clinic cat izzy, she gives emergency blood transfusions if needed and keeps guard
>>
>>3872675
Only pic I have ;_;

He's a tuxedo, picked from the street by a local cat rescue org.
>>
>>3872684
very cute.
>>
>>3872673
It sounds like the kitten was used to your mom and her environment, and now he's in another new environment with another strange new giant monkey walking around so he's frightened. Just give him some time to adjust and he'll come around.
>>
>>3872683
Beautiful hero

>>3872684
Cutie, just let him get used to you and your place it's already good that he comes out to eat. I've had my cat for years and he still spends most of his time lazing in his favorite hiding spots.
>>
File: 20201222_140353.jpg (2.53 MB, 4032x2268)
2.53 MB
2.53 MB JPG
>>3872683
this is her keeping watch as people arrive
>>
>>3871891
I once had a small spoon of wet food, on dare of getting some wonka kazoozles. Teen me remembers it tasted like nothing. Like no flavor.
>>
>>3872700
>not letting your KITTEN outside and decrease its life expectancy = PETA
>not letting an insatiable domestic beast destroy local fauna = american
are you retarded? do you even own a cat? gringo-obsessed lunatic
>>
File: IMG_1090.jpg (1.17 MB, 2016x1512)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB JPG
Mathilda is doing well. I'm considering keeping her as an indoor cat, she seems happy and I don't her to get hit by a car or whatever. I'll buy her a cat bed for the kitchen at some point

>>3872677
Oh yeah. Hearing that purr when you go to sleep is the best thing ever
>>
File: cat.jpg (108 KB, 570x702)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
Vet is coming tomorrow. I am not hopeful my old girl will be with us this time tomorrow.
Watching the way she moves I think it is some kind of back issue rather than arthritis in her legs getting worse.
She doesn't want to put weight on her left legs. Back leg is sliding out and she is holding up her foreleg sometimes as if there was something stuck in her paw.
She seems to be learning to work with it. Moving normally except for very slowly and with pauses. Leaning on her right side at the bowl.
But she pissed on a towel earlier and couldn't even stand and squat.
It's winter here which is probably exacerbating it.
>>
>>3871417
What's a good slow feeder for wet cat food? Some days, my cat would throw up from eating too fast. He's fine with dry food, and he can eat wet food okay, but some days he eats wet food too quickly.
>>
My cat has started doing a massage on my legs when I lie down, like what they do with their paws, but he's doing with his hind legs instead. He does it over my entire leg, and keeps doing it for a long time. He's neutered so it's probably not him trying to breed, so I don't know why he is doing this. Any ideas?
>>
Is fur color a racial trait, or is it as superficial as clothes?
Put in another way: if papa and mama cat are white, can they make other colors?
>>
File: 20210711_151636.jpg (2.75 MB, 3264x2448)
2.75 MB
2.75 MB JPG
>>
>>3873537
Yeah cat colour genetics can almost seem random
>>
Press K to Kaka on Sammy's dad grave.
>>
>>3873804
Dont give them even indirect attention
>>
>>3873804
K and S to spit on it too
>>
>>3873804
Have a K for fecal matter straight into his grave
>>
File: 20210510_093437.jpg (1 MB, 1613x1210)
1 MB
1 MB JPG
>>3871545
bruh did you kidnap my kat?
>>
fuck guys, after losing my kittie 3 years ago I decided to catsit another for someone.
Its driving me insane! Unlike my old cat, this little snowwhite asshole wont shut up to the point of fucking with my sleep.
I never thought I would see a day where I didnt want a kitter around me but here I am :^(
>>
Well, I met a really stupid person today.

>went out on a bike ride
>saw an orange and white cat laying down in somebody's driveway
>no more than five seconds later, I see a missing poster for a "ORANGE AND WHITE" cat that looks strikingly like the cat I just saw.
>I go back, take a picture of the cat with my phone and texted it to them.
>"that's our cat!" and I give the address where I'm at
>a man and woman arrive
>as soon as I pointed out the cat, stupid fucking bastard dude just ran at the cat who was chilling on the driveway and, logically, the cat "OH SHIT" darted out of there into a backyard.

Who the fuck does that? I was visibly disappointed in him and told him not to run at cats and he should've brought food to lure the cat.
>>
>>3874114
> guy lets his cat roam unchecked
> doesn't come back
> cat gets found
> guys a complete dumbass and resets the search button

Many. Such. Cases...
>>
>>3872629
>>3872510
so managed to get okra, picking him up sunday.
what kinda size cat tree should I get?
>>
My faggot roommate got an adult cat and a kitten and the kitten is so goddamn annoying running all over the place and both of them constantly wrestling and meowing. Do kittens or cats understand discipline? They jump up in front of the TV when I’m playing vidya and constantly wrestle and yell at each other and jump on the counters and claw the furniture. My roommate just decided I would take care of them for the weekend so I can do whatever I want to show him that was a mistake. I was thinking of imprisoning them under a laundry basket separated for a few hours so they would shut the fuck up. Is spraying them with a bottle any good? When my roommate gets back I’m gonna tell him I want them fucking gone
>>
>>3874114
they were stupid enough to let them out in the first place
>>
>>3874130
Dude imprisonment doesn't work, you need to correct their behaviour at the time. If they claw furniture, take them to the scratchy post and put their paws on it. Just gently push them off or pick up and take off shit they aren't meant to climb on with a firm "no". Spraying with a bottle won't work, most likely they'll play or fight it, but they won't consider it punishment, more "you're a dick". Of course they'll play and fight, they're animals. They also sound bored, get toys, play with them, fuss them and shit. Sounds like your room mate doesn't understand ownership responsibilities also.
>>
Can cats sense when you're sad? I was a little depressed yesterday and my cat seemed to come over and rub himself on my legs and lay down next to me more. This may not seem like much but those are usually his only forms of showing affection as he's a very sensitive cat doesn't like being touched excessively or picked up, so it really felt he was trying to make me feel better, which he managed to do btw...
>>
>>3874378
Most semi-sentient creatures can sense our and others emotions. Cats, dogs, and horses all can, honestly. And they know that depression actually harms us, so they try to offer comfort in order to make us happy so we aren't hurting ourselves. It's quite fascinating, really.
>>
>>3871417
Cats are indoor pets.
>>
>>3874378
cats can sense when things are "off" in a number of ways. Cats can even be trained to detect seizures about to happen. I think they can smell it. They can smell what you've eaten, where you've been, how you feel, your hormones. They know a lot more about us than we realize, like they have this incredible nose (almost as good as a dogs) and not much else to do, so they're gonna study us
>>
>>3874117
I wish we could require education for pet ownership. Our way of doing things now is so fucked up
>>
File: 1622993189801.jpg (1.65 MB, 3200x2400)
1.65 MB
1.65 MB JPG
>>3873537
a litter can have more than one father
fur coat and pattern are genetic
>>
>>3873197
Good luck anon.
>>3873446
Maybe he discovered that it's a comfy feel and does it when you're in that position.
>>3874041
Does it play enough during the day, is it missing anything? If it constantly meows it could be that something needs to be fixed. That or the kitty is just loud.
>>3874121
Not too short. Tall and with multiple levels, homes and platforms like pic related would be ideal to entertain the cat even when the cat is adult.
>>
File: ct.jpg (60 KB, 600x600)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>3874485
Forgot the pic.
>>
>>3871417
Thanks for the reminder OP, my cats were thirsty.
>>
>>3871417
I want another cat... I wanna get a kitten and raise it all the way up to adulthood, but I know I can't and I now my reasons for wanting to do so don't seem very wise/healthy and won't help me appease these feelings...
>>
>>3874599
You know most people who want cats like this are fucking women? Really says a lot about me being a normal, attractive "man" doesn't it...
>>
>>3874130
Get rid of roommate and keep K0t.
>>
will a kot murder a chinchilla?
>>
File: catlick.jpg (3.29 MB, 1677x1844)
3.29 MB
3.29 MB JPG
Happy caturday ^^
>>
>>3871417
>Remember to make sure your cat has plenty of fresh water during hot weather.
But anon, I once read a WTFfunfact that said cats' kidneys are so efficient that they don't need to drink water!
>>
File: 435.jpg (248 KB, 1200x628)
248 KB
248 KB JPG
>>3874744
>t.
>>
Just got a new kitten. He is hiding his head under my drapes with his ass sticking out. I pet his haunches and he starts purring like mad, but the moment I pull back the drapes he freaks out like he can't understand I was the one petting him. So he panics, turns around, and runs to the other drape to bury his head in it. So the cycle continues.
>>
>>3874728
If you introduce them properly, no. Chillers are extremely neurotic however and can easily die from stress so watch its behavior closely and discontinue introductions if he's getting pathological.
>>
>>3874824
>can easily die from stress
i thought this was just bunnies. that's hilarious
>>
>vaccuum is stupidly loud
>wear headphones while using it because I hate it
>cat has infinitely better hearing than me
>stands in the same room while I vaccuum instead of fucking off to literally anywhere else in the house
Explain it
>>
>>3874859
Imagine if you didn't have the internet. What would be doing all day? Then imagine if something completely inexplainable happened every so often with no warning. Would you just go back to sleep or would you take a peek out and see what was happening?
>>
>>3874859
lawn equipment (even from a distance) drives me nuts but i love the sound of subway cars which is at least twice as loud
>>
>>3874886
I'm pretty sure she knows what a vaccuum is anon
>>
File: IMG_20210724_150107.jpg (1.33 MB, 4624x3472)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB JPG
His current name is Bjorn and I adopted him today
We already have one cat, a 3 year old female
We've been introducing them slowly and finally have them in the same room
He seems chill as fuck and exploring everything and cuddling up on us but she's hissing if he gets too close
Fingers crossed that she gets more comfortable around him, she's been a solo cat forever.
>>
just got a kitten for my kitten. He's in the bathroom (I live in a studio) and every time the older kitten sees the new one he hisses nonstop. This is normal right? when should I let the new kid out of the bathroom? it's fairly small and the neighbor's apt is right on the other side, so his meowing may annoy him
>>
>>3871788
I've thought about sticking a few pounds of fish into a crockpot once per week and feeding my cats that (I live near ocean fisheries, so some kinds of fish are stupid cheap here). Would that be healthy to do all the time, do you think?
>>
>>3871891
Cats have taste buds for ATP specifically, we do not. The food will be bland to us but utterly delicious to them.
>>
>>3874859
I just lock my cat inside the kitchen when I do it

>>3874903
Cute cat

>>3874996
Normal, cat see their place/surroundings as their territory. When new animals arrive they feel it's a threat
>>
>>3875108
I guess that's good news. I tried the internet's "isolation" method but it's really not feasible in my small studio. Bathroom is too cramped and the loud meowing might get me in trouble. So I tried to distract both of them as much as possible for the past 3 hours. New kid was very playful but old one only at the beginning, after a while just stared at new kid and occasionally hissed. I guess it could be worse, not a lot of swatting yet. Any tips?
>>
>>3875114
I only have experience introducing a puppy to an older cat really. Got a new cat this week. But if they're younger cats I think they'll be fine, based on my readings the last week it looks like it's mostly older cats that can't get along, they'll probably just need a few days to get used to each other
>>
>>3874859
Meanwhile my cats run away from the vacuum.
>>
>>3874903
Very cute baby. Hissing and yowling is normal at first, just be there to divide them if she gets aggressive.
>>3874859
My friend's cats are not scared either, one even lays down on the floor and sleeps.
>>3875170
Yeah, mine are terrified. I have to vacuum the living room every day, I do it in the morning when they sleep on the bed and they don't seem to care, they keep sleeping peacefully when the noise is distant and the door is closed.
>>3875114
Young kittens will get along quickly, don't worry if you're not following internet's advices literally and let them move freely. As I replied to the first anon, be there to divie them if the rough play turns into aggressive attacks.
>>
Webm thread has some choice kitty webbums >>3869751
>>
File: cat.jpg (70 KB, 680x510)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
How do I get a feral cat spayed again? Make an appointment to get fixed, HOPE I can trap it before the appointment, pay full price, keep it in my apartment for a day to recover, then release? It doesn't seem that easy. I don't even have a car so I would have to rent one I guess.
>>
File: IMG_20210720_112556.jpg (457 KB, 4160x3120)
457 KB
457 KB JPG
This nigga's mouth smells like shit. What can I do to reduce it?
>>
File: 1473029176627.jpg (8 KB, 300x256)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
I'm introducing my 10 week old kitten to my sisters 20 week old kitten. We live together and I kept them separated and just playing under the door for the first week and a bit. They seem really excited to meet each other and were meowing nonstop trying to see each other near the end of the week.

As you can imagine the 20 week old kitten is double the size of the younger one. When they play fight, my sister's kitten isn't hurting mine, but he is very excited and forceful. He won't bite down too hard but he doesn't know his own strength and he'll throw the kitten around and bite on his neck and feet. He'll even extend his whole mouth around my kitten's neck. My kitten will yowl really loudly (even his regular meows are super high pitch and loud though) to the point where it sounds like he's in a lot of pain.

The thing is my kitten will keep going towards him and no one is hissing or puffing their tails. I can't tell if I should let them continue or not. My kitten will even start half the exchanges by pawing at him and then immediately get knocked to the floor and body slammed.

I don't get it
>>
>>3875698
It's typical play behavior. Lots of young animals all over the kingdom do this. Dogs, cats, etc. They're playing, learning how to be the animal they are, learning their own strength, and forming a bond which is necessary if you wish for them to live peacefully. Also, it's seeing who is going to be over the other in terms of hierarchy. Let'em be, they're fine, I promise.
>>
>>3875702
At what point should I trust them to be alone though? Because the bigger cat is really just beating the shit out of him at times

do i still leave him locked with me in my room at night?
>>
So I got okra and brought him home. Everything was good, he came out of his cage and ate food, played, took a nap with me. I went out to grab some groceries quick, came back and he ran behind the toilet. I put a bowl of water over there and left his food where it was earlier. Unsure what happened, maybe ambivalence and he just needs to get used to everything?
Should i be worried, he is missing an eye and partially blind in the other, no medical issues though, I figure he'll be ok but no idea as this is my first cat
>>
>>3874817
I need to come up with a name for my kitten but I am stuck. I keep calling him "guy" "bruh" and "my dude," but those aren't really cat names. So far his personality alternates between schitzophrenic running around with non-stop crying and purr machine and complete lovebug. He is a tuxedo cat with facial markings that look like one of those Zorro masks so I was thinking of calling him Mamoru Chiba, but no one would get it and weebshit is gay.
>>
>>3875742
call him zorro then idk
>>
>>3875744
Zorro didn't wear a tuxedo. He wore that gay af frilly shirt. /an/ is useless. Just a bunch of furries and dogfuckers.
>>
>>3875742
Officer Meow Meow Fuzzy Pants
>>
>>3875742
>weebshit is gay
>calling him bruh
Not much of an upgrade.
>>
>>3875742
Tuxedo Mask
>>
>>3875748
i-understood-that-reference.gif
>>
>>3875742
call him Based Department
>>
>buy expensive 5 ft deluxe cat tree
>be DIYlet so it took me several hours to assemble
>cat doesn't use it
fug...
>>
https://streamable.com/mulc7f

Are my kittens playing too rough? I separated them after this and they're now meowing at the door. The bigger kitten will just hold him hostage and won't let the smaller kitten get away after a certain point..

they kinda just go at it forever
>>
>>3875834
That's pretty normal. Just a dominance and play thing. If it gets too crazy just break them up, but they should tire themselves out soon enough. Also look up cat body language. There none of them look very stressed or in fear like they are being attacked against their will. Now if their hair goes up, the tail is puffed out, and one is very clearly not enjoying it then break that up and it's going too far. Otherwise just let them go at it.
>>
>>3875840
ok thanks, the smaller kitten just sounds like he's getting murdered everytime they play so it stresses me out
>>
>>3875841
Nah. He's fine. Think of it more like when kids wrestle and they make noises or yell and it's not serious. Like I said if you see the hair go up or the tail then that means it's a defensive posture and isn't for fun anymore. But as long as it's just like that it's normal and they're just playing. They're feeling each other out basically. Just let them get it out of their system and it'll be over. Just pay attention to make sure it doesn't go too far. But given they're kittens it likely won't. If they were full adult males or something it'd be a different story because then you have territoriality to worry about. But what you see there is pretty basic for kittens. Especially since they are new to each other. But I know what you mean. But it sounds way worse than it is. Just keep an eye out for the warning signs I mentioned and if that happens then it's over.
>>
>>3875742
Who was your favorite Bond? Name him that.
>>
>>3875843
Also other warning signs: hissing, mewling, actual claws coming out. Just so you can keep track of the feel of what's going on between them and know if it does cross a line.
>>
I was under the impression that the dad doesn't involve himself at all but I saw him hanging out and playing a little with the feral kitten today.
>>
redpill me on animal shelters
>>
can i give my cat a raw chicken neck
bought a kg of them for my dog for a couple bucks and there were way more than expected, but they didnt sell less than a kg
theyre frozen so theyll keep forever, but wondering if my car would enjoy one
>>
>>3875861
As with many things kot, it's a case-by-case basis. Fathers aren't generally involved in kitten-rearing by design, but some may be unusually affectionate or especially protective of their lady.
>>
File: Leftovers.jpg (986 KB, 1486x1259)
986 KB
986 KB JPG
>no, you won't see the end.
>>
File: IMG_20210726_205547.jpg (3.61 MB, 3633x3000)
3.61 MB
3.61 MB JPG
>>3876166
>wondering if my car would enjoy one
/o/ is over there, but I'm pretty sure you can't just feed cars food. Also make sure no bones etc in it, but yes, cats do enjoy raw food.
>>
Are face licks from cats always good?
>>
>>3876742
> sugar in gas tank
> potato in tail pipe
> baloney with mustard and ketchup on the body

Not sure it counts as eating, but...
>>
>>3876769
I appreciate them but I'd not describe the feeling as entirely good. It's very sweet though and loving. Can also be an auto-grooming response to fuss as well, in certain areas the cat can't easily groom itself.
>>
>>3874432
I did not know cats are that complicated.
Looking at cats that breed in the wild, I thought they had 4 fur sliders and 1 nose slider in the character creation menu.
>>
>>3871545
So adorable. Why do cats do this?
>>
>>3876837
>Pay attention to me!
>I'm here! Isn't that great?
>Don't leave me alone!
>>
File: 20210726_173744.jpg (1.93 MB, 2608x3554)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB JPG
So my kot is 16 weeks old and likes to run and jump and grab my arm and then bite it and scratch it

When will she grow out of this
>>
>>3875672
There's special food to reduce the smell. You can prevent tartar and plaque by brushing its teeth every day. I think every owner should do it.
How old is your lovely black kitty? Looks quite young. Maybe you can train it.
>>3875715
He's hearing new sounds, noises, for the first time. Anything could upset or scare Okra. Don't worry and give him time. Probably because he has vision impairments he'll need more time than a 'normal' cat.
>>
>>3875986
What's to redpill? They exist because shitty people abandon their animals or they don't neuter/spay them.
>>3876166
Might be fussy if it's not part of its regular diet. Anyway cook it before giving it to your cat, no seasonings or salt.
>>3876905
When she'll stop being a kitten physically.
>>
File: 20210726_175816.jpg (2.26 MB, 3024x3226)
2.26 MB
2.26 MB JPG
>>3876905
>>3876915
It's a good thing I trimmed her nails
>>
File: 1510533498040.jpg (795 KB, 1920x1280)
795 KB
795 KB JPG
Hi.

It's been a while.
>>
File: 1514945926012.jpg (1.04 MB, 2048x1152)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB JPG
>>3876946
>>
File: 20200819_073037.jpg (2.45 MB, 4032x1908)
2.45 MB
2.45 MB JPG
>>3876947
>>
File: monster.webm (2.86 MB, 720x405)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB WEBM
>>3876949
>>
File: 20200809_093158 (2).jpg (422 KB, 1475x1792)
422 KB
422 KB JPG
>>3876953
>>
File: 20200809_093159 (2).jpg (694 KB, 1891x2064)
694 KB
694 KB JPG
>>3876957
>>
File: 20200805_211929.jpg (1.96 MB, 4032x1908)
1.96 MB
1.96 MB JPG
>>3876958
>>
File: 20201106_124748.jpg (2.02 MB, 4032x1908)
2.02 MB
2.02 MB JPG
>>3876964
>>
File: 1514940666872.webm (1.6 MB, 1280x720)
1.6 MB
1.6 MB WEBM
>>3876966
Oof, I thought I had most of these rotated correctly.
>>
File: 20190925_061853.jpg (815 KB, 4032x2268)
815 KB
815 KB JPG
>>3876971
>>
File: 20210625_175039.jpg (1.73 MB, 4032x1908)
1.73 MB
1.73 MB JPG
>>3876972
>>
File: 20210312_123426.jpg (2.34 MB, 4032x1908)
2.34 MB
2.34 MB JPG
>>3876973
>>
File: 20201031_103012.jpg (745 KB, 1918x1908)
745 KB
745 KB JPG
>>3876974
>>
File: 20190715_191209.jpg (1.51 MB, 1331x2268)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB JPG
>>3876975
Last one.

Have a good night.
>>
File: 1.jpg (105 KB, 899x1599)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
here is my little fella, first pic he is still and posing
>>
File: IMG_20210727_013249.jpg (2.62 MB, 3590x2288)
2.62 MB
2.62 MB JPG
>>3876979
Thanks for the kot spam. I wish to ask this adorable little ones story? Seems very damn happy now with you.
>>
>>3877000
also, a pic of him when he was a little kitten
>>
>>3872625
Damn, something like that happened to a stray I regularly feed. He's getting his eyeball removed, it got badly injured during a fight and it's basically popping out of the eye socket. At first I thought he had eye boogers (thought he had a cold o conjunctivitis) just like this cat but it turned out to be far worse than that. I left him at the vet this afternoon.
>>
>>3876979
Adorable kot, looked really silly running with the cone.

>>3877000
Very handsome.

>>3877007
Cute fluff.
>>
File: 20201212_145233.jpg (2.83 MB, 4032x1908)
2.83 MB
2.83 MB JPG
>>3877007
As you can tell by one of the pictures, he was an outdoor cat with a tail.

His previous "owner" abandoned him and my neighbor got him fixed, vaccinated, and dumped onto me. I fed him everyday with a few other cats, and even came back for nearly a year after I moved to feed him everyday. One day he limped over. I was worried about his paw, but his tail was the real issue. It had severed nerves and he had a large cut next to his anus. He's all good now except for the FIV and renal issues. He's also had all but his canines removed because of dental issues.

His name is Turk.
>>
>>3875843
Just wanted to let you know that you were totally right and they are very sweet with each other now. They still play fight just as hard but they now cuddle and share things too.
>>
File: kot.jpg (30 KB, 604x516)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>14 year old kot
>Haven't been paying it as much attention lately, new puppy and job
>Spent almost an hour with her for the first time in weeks, brushing her out and playing with her
>She fell asleep in my lap like old times, doing that deep chest purr and kneading.
>>
>>3876905
Never. Keep your kots playful spirit. Get an oven mitt on dummy
>>
>>3871438
cats need attention too, they need play time to let out their energy, kittens especially need attention. give her enough cuddles, let her in and give her treats when she isnt being annoying or set her down and give a treat. after a while she will learn that meowing wont get her what she wants.

>>3871475
glad your cat is okay, its scary to have that happen but shes safe and injections are better than just dying. she will get used to it and understand that you're not going to hurt her. once she recovers i think her mood will probably get better. my cat was sick once, first day back from the vet he wanted nothing to do with me, he was barely even sleeping, scared and nervous but after about a week he went back to being normal, sleeping with me and running around

>>3872090
do you have a balcony? if theres windows, get bird food. tire her out with exercise, dont give in to her meowing. consider getting a friend for her if possible.
>>
File: weeping.jpg (63 KB, 1024x888)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
i miss my cat. died a year ago, not doing well ever since. hes all i think about, i cant even look at pictures or videos of him. i wish i could go back in time. have been lighting a candle every night for him since he went away.
i want to fcukin die he was all i had. he was 1, his only chance at life now gone. it isnt fair
>>
cats are the sigma males of the animal kingdom. prove me wrong
>>
>>3877081
That's so good he got help and came to you. He looks a really lovely lad - a cat kept as an indoor cat by one of my mum's work colleagues walked to ours once after my mum told him he could come live with us. He'd gotten a broken leg on the journey. We kept him, and I loved the shit out of him, and he loved me. Hit by a car, broke my heart.
>>3877120
Your cat wouldn't want that, fren. He'd want the best for you, and for you to share your love with other cats, most importantly those who need it. Make him proud. Don't waste that love.
>>
Is it stressful for my cat if I use kitten meowing sound effects to get her to come and then shut it off?
>>
>>3877120
>his only chance at life now gone
There is eternal life, my friend.

Stop your weeping and realize that clinging to earthly things does not simply mean possessions. It can be relationships, memories, people, pets, etc. You should cling to something higher and not be obsessively preoccupied with the past.

Cheer up. :)
>>
should i feed my small kot of around 11weeks old raw beef? i unfortunately fed her once and now she'll start licking and meowing whenever it's time to eat and won't eat her own food.
>>
Coyotes killed my fucking cat. I live out in the boonies and they fucking killed her. She was my best friend. There are six fewer coyotes on our property.
RIP Koren. You were the best girl.
>>
>>3877101
My cat has been playing up all day
Think she is mad that the puppy gets more attention than her atm
I’ve been really really trying to give her some wuality time but she refuses to chill out with me if the puppy is in the room, and he really cant be left alone for long periods yet.

Im hoping once he calms down and stops being prome to spurts of puppy madness she will come around to heing near him, she seems happy to come to me when he is fast asleep, but not when he is awake or even lightly napping
>>
>>3877308
I did that with pigeon sounds and it left him confused and frustrated. It's funny for you, not so much for them.

>>3877531
Don't do it. If you spoil her, she may grow up disliking cat food. Go to the store and buy one or more different brands of cat food, mix most of the new food with a small part of what she usually eats, gradually remove the new food every day and increase the old food until the new food is finished.

>>3877612
Why are so many people letting their cats outside when they know there are some serious dangers? I'm not going to accuse you in particular, just this isn't the first time I read of similar stories.
RIP Koren.
Post pics of her, if you want?
>>
>>3877736
>Why let outside
Because, in no particular order, cat wants it, cats hunt and control vermin in your area, some cats such as strays are used to it already and taking it from them is cruel, it's natural, they can return home easily without getting lost. I appreciate the other concerns you have though, and am sadly aware of the dangers. If I lived somewhere with coyotes though I deffo wouldn't be letting my cats outside. I'd build a catio.
>>
File: 1286.jpg (470 KB, 3000x4000)
470 KB
470 KB JPG
>>3877736
It's a risk for our animals. She probably went a little too far out into the woods. We have a giant fuck off black lab that keeps everything else in check, but he's getting old. The other cats stay close to the house. I love them all, but I've never gone on the warpath like this. I will kill more.
>>
File: 1310616500379.jpg (29 KB, 706x536)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
I lost one of my cats today, can I see pictures of your cats?
>>
Is small ass apartment fine for cat.
>>
File: IMG_20210706_112710.jpg (3.72 MB, 4000x3000)
3.72 MB
3.72 MB JPG
>>3877817
>>
>>3872158
unironically it's you
>>
One eye kitties are the best. Sometimes he'll peek around the corner with the wrong eye and it's always adorable. I love cats.
>>
Litter of kots near my house grew up. Tried to adopt them but mommy wouldnt budge. Id pet them as kittens but realized that was wrong because the mom would relocate them. Saw a couple of the kots, they just stared at me then kept walking. Do they remember me?
>>
>>3877817
Rip anon. Hope you runs back to the safety and comfort of your home
>>
>>3875019
sounds good, but you'll need to take care with fish bones. Lots of cats - especially those used to eating store-bought food - will hurt themselves trying to eat whole fish
>>
In the last couple of days my indoor cat seems to want to run outside, did for a little but but I just walked after her and she got back inside. Is this normal?
>>
Hey I am trying to befriend a small group of cats around my house and I was wondering what was a good way to go about it. I have always wanted to befriend a wild animal. Here is my idea:
They only come out at night (12:00 AM onwards) when no people are walking around and there are no cars. I am going to turn on the light outside my house and leave the cats a small amount of food to teach them that when the light is on there is a treat for them and so they will not come to rely on me. I will do this for 7 days. On the eighth day, I will wait for them to walk past my house, then I will turn the light on and slowly walk outside and place the food down. This way they will now know that I am the one placing the food for them. I will sit away from them and watch them eat. I will slowly see if I can get closer to them as time moves on.
I have never been good with animals and my parents never let me have pets as a child. Are there any problems with this plan? Am I doing something wrong?
>>
File: Geh!.png (316 KB, 640x480)
316 KB
316 KB PNG
>>3878323
It might take you longer than you think to get them to trust you, seen people do stuff like that on youtube. The whole you being near them after just a week seems like wishful thinking to me
>>
>>3877831
Probably depends more on the cat breed more than anything else. Some cat breeds are more active than others, some are really lazy
>>
>>3871417
Recently got a couple of 8 week old kitten bros, they're awesome. First time caring for cats this young, so got a few questions and any solid input is much appreciated!
DIET
What's a solid diet for kittens this age? Currently got them on a mix of decent dry, wet, with the odd tiny helping of chicken and fish. I want these guys to grow up big and strong. Any tips here?
LITTER TRAINING
For the most part, they're good with this. They're going in their tray like 90% of the time. Few things though, occasionally they like to go elsewhere. They also haven't figure out the difference between the litter and any other surface, so will often just pad at the solid plastic rim of the tray as if it still covers the poop. Any tips on how best to show them the ropes here?
BATHING
Never successfully bathed a cat before and haven't tried with these guys yet but I figure they're young enough to teach at this age.

Those are the main things. Thanks in advance if you take the time to share some kitten wisdom.
>>
File: 20210728_163449.jpg (1.1 MB, 1283x1424)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB JPG
>>3877817
I'm so sorry anon. RIP.
Here's my cat and my dad petting him.

>>3877874
Ahhh, this is too sweet.
>>
File: mfw gusic.jpg (49 KB, 1023x959)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>
File: 1609527033931.jpg (123 KB, 542x543)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>>
File: ohgodwhatdoido.png (2.86 MB, 1510x907)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB PNG
>>3871417
I foster, and my resident cat loves the kittens
>>
>>3877120
he lives on inside you
>>
>>3878000
Yes, it's possible. Or your smell is familiar to them. You can easily gain their trust as they're kittens, with food and daily interactions.

>>3878320
My cat at night wants to go out in the hallway, sometimes he stays less than a minute and goes back, then a few minutes later he's in front of the door again, I opne, and comes back inside one minute later.
I suspect this weird habit could be because they don't want to see the door closed. They want free access to all rooms or to the outside whenever they want.

>>3878323
Yeah, doesn't sound like a bad plan. Remember to do things gradually, step by step. Let them be the first to approach you, even when you're going to touch them if they let you.
With cats that are already adults and super wary it is going to be hard, I wish you good luck. Also place a bowl of water next to the food. They'll appreciate.

>>3878406
I've always fed kittens kitten and baby cat formulas, just not blatantly commercial/cheap brands. Follow the package's instructions to know at what age switching to adult cat food is recommended. It is better to give them meat-based food and not fish (especially tuna, it contains high levels of heavy metals), because it's what cats hunt in nature.
As for the litter, when you notice that they're going to pee or poop, place them yourself inside the box. Every time they successfully use them, reward them with a kibble or a snack. Stop when they achieve 100%.
Cats don't need to be bathed, unless they are particularly dirty or have to be bathed to kill fleas/ticks with specific shampoos.
Those are my tips, I'm not an expert. Hear a vet if you have any doubt especially about their diet.

>>3878542
Your cat has the expression of a wise ands gentle parent.
>>
>>3878574
>I suspect this weird habit could be because they don't want to see the door close
Could be. I suspect it's all the birds she sees that gets so close so she wants to get out and chase them
>>
my waifu likes kitty cats.
she is cool.
kitty cats are cool.
:)
>>
File: gusik.jpg (38 KB, 542x543)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>3878593
>>
>>3878599
the gusik cat is very nice and i like him and his cheerio nose.
>>
>>3878406
>BATHING
>Never successfully bathed a cat before and haven't tried with these guys yet but I figure they're young enough to teach at this age.
don't bathe cats unless they get skunked or gunked. Cats need the oils in their fur, baths will only mess them up, they didn't evolve to hang out in water or sweat or any of that

as for litter training kittens, if they miss the box, just try to catch them in the act and (kindly) bring them to the litter, even if they just finished peeing bring them over to the litter anyway, they'll get the hint.

as for diet, if you want IDEAL PERFECT you can learn how to make your own species appropriate supplemented cat food
https://catinfo.org/making-cat-food/

but for the rest of us who don't even prepare food for ourselves canned food is better than kibble. Fancy feast and purina one are good for the price, though still far from ideal

all the new companies touting grain free or raw don't test their food as much, if at all, and can still contain stupid ingredients that aren't good for cats like pea protein (some cats can't digest this and it gives them diarrhea)
>>
we get the cheap cat litter, any problems with this?
>>
>>3878616
Not at all. I get the lightweight shit because I'm a pussy.
>>
>>3878616
I use clumping litter. How does non -clumping even work, isn't it a mess?
>>
>>3878614
>as for diet, if you want IDEAL PERFECT you can learn how to make your own species appropriate supplemented cat food
https://catinfo.org/making-cat-food/
thx for that link anon very useful stuff
>>
>>3878676
Dump the whole box at once and waste half of it in the process. Switched to clumping and never looked back.
>>
>>3878676
Clumping is bad im pretty sure if it gets in their paws and they clean it, they'll digest it and it can cause problems.
>>
File: bx3h4.jpg (97 KB, 720x960)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>
File: 51-KCAo7OoL[1].jpg (45 KB, 500x500)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
what do cats see in this?

>>3878771
save some paws for the rest of us jeez...
>>
>>3878676
Mostly just throw the whole thing out once you think it too much. Originally swapped to pine so my kitten would stop sleeping in the litter, stuck with it because I noticed the pine didn't make a mess outside the pan.
>>
>>3878820
>swapped to pine
explain
>>
Will getting my cat fixed make him depressed? I dont want to kill his lifeforce and turn him into an androgynous wimp.
Is there a way to own a cat without getting him fixed or is this impossible
>>
>>3878827
>Is there a way to own a cat without getting him fixed
DESTROY him with FACTS and LOGIC
>>
I just noticed this little bump on my cats tummy, someone tell me I don't need panic
>>
>>3878881
I can't tell from the picture. Is your cat overweight? Be honest.
>>
>>3878881
i'm a retard but wouldnt that be it's belly button?
i think that's a blelly button
>>
File: 1.png (464 KB, 960x432)
464 KB
464 KB PNG
>>3878881
Dude that's a nipple. Yes, cats (females and males) have them.
>>
>>3878888
oh
Is'a kitty nipple
i thought it was a belly button.
i'm dumb.
>>
>>3878888
checked
>>
>>3878882
Been trying so hard to get a better picture of the spot I don't think she's overweight but I'll post another picture and you can judge
>>3878888
If I've been worrying about a nipple I will be incredibly relieved and embarrassed at the same time but it'll be hilarious, waiting for her to roll over to see if I can spot another one though
>>
>>3878892
meant to attach this image
>>
>>3878888
Okay yeah it's a nipple... I love this cat so much I worry that there's something wrong with her all the time.
>>
>>3878895
Can you imagine I took her to the vet?
>>
How much will the vet judge me if I take my senior cat to a check up after never taking him? He was given to me by a neighbors son since they passed away and it was a neighbourhood cat who knew us. this was like, 9? years ago. I was raised to be jewish and vet visits are expensive
>>
File: 20210619_191157.jpg (2.43 MB, 3264x2448)
2.43 MB
2.43 MB JPG
>>3878824
>start fostering 5 week old feral kitten
>place her in large transport crate and plop it up on small bureau next to my computer
>shy and just hides in the litter box for most part
>starts getting friendlier but still sleeps in litter, sometimes sneezes it out
>also bats it about, computer getting covered
>figure she is too comfortable, swap it to FelinePine (A&H I think it was?)
>bats it, but none fly out of bin as well

She stopped sleeping in it, but still went to the bathroom in it. Worked out nicely for me. Pic taken the day after I changed it.
>>
guys
i just thought of a kitty cat licking my waifu.
i am now happy.
>>
>>3878812
snek
>>
>>3878827
>Will getting my cat fixed make him depressed?
no, not loving him and paying attention to him and playing with him will make him depressed
if your guy is extra needy consider getting him a second cat to play with
>>
>>3878827
>I dont want to kill his lifeforce and turn him into an androgynous wimp.
also, my boy was former feral and neutered kinda late so....

he still humps. Like before the other kittens in the house got adopted he started humping some of the girls. It didn't kill anything but sperm. He also likes to have is rump slapped. Thank god he doesn't spray
>>
>>3878881
that's a nipple. you've never seen a nipple before? you don't have nipples? I'm always amused that people are scared and confused about cat nipples

cat nipples
>>
>>3878920
I don't know if the vet will judge you but let me give you some context of what I know so far

most vets are dealing with retards who don't understand that fleas are not a natural feature of a cat, or people who just want to skip out on their bill, or people who request every homepathic or chinese herb treatment and have nothing but suspicion for basic science

if your cat didn't need vet treatment as an adult during those 9 years then your fine. If you brought him in yearly without any problems he might have just ended up over vaccinated anyway. Vet visits are stressful so there is good reason to not take a cat to a vet if there are no problems to treat

but also also, if you think like that you will fuck up. Don't let guilt control you. You took care of a cat that no one else would, you are doing just fine, and if ever the solution the vet offers seems extreme or suspect, just take a day or two to think it over, and if you can afford it get a second opinion. Most vets are small town hacks anyway trying to sell chinese herbs and reiki

Nobody knows for sure whats going on, just do your best
>>
File: image0 (1).jpg (43 KB, 804x603)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>3878975
duly noted, the original owners son never gave us any documentation too btw, is that a concern? My cats also lost a lil bit of weight but still a healthy size from what I can tell. is that just how it is with old cats?
>>
>>3871417
My cat is in his prime, only a bit over 4 years old, incredibly energetic, athletic, and active. But last summer and this summer he has the same issue toward the end of July to the start of September. I noticed he tends to regurgitate, not vomit, but regurgitate his food especially dry food when it gets hotter then it stops once the weather starts to get a bit cooler.

Is it just because he eats too fast sometimes or is there another reason? He always gets plenty of water, a good mix daily of wet food and dry food/kibble, and plenty of activity.
>>
File: 1627540024572.jpg (389 KB, 1536x2048)
389 KB
389 KB JPG
BIG
>>
>>3878921
>FelinePine
clumping or no
>>
>>3878984
It might be hyperthyroidism, especially in older cats. Is he drinking more and eating more also? If not, it's just age or some other related condition. Who cares about what the vet thinks? If they judge you tell them to fuck off and visit another vet. The fact you have looked after and cared for a cat is what matters, and you have. Thanks for doing so, anon. Each cat is different, so who knows, As the other anon said.
>>
ki'dy cat.
>>
every so often when I'm petting my kitty she'll bite me, it never really hurts but it's a total jumpscare. Is there a way to teach her to stop doing this?
>>
>>3879399
bitter apple spray or hot sauce on your grabbers
>>
>>3879399
Let her do it. Its a sign of affection and playfulness, to reject it sends the wrong message. Its only a problem if it breaks the skin
>>
>>3879423
No, you dumb beta cuck. It is a fucking animal. You are the human, you make the rules. Put it in a chokehold until it submits. YOU are the alpha cat, no one is allowed to bite you.
>but muh heckin furbabies feelings
I'll kill your furbaby if it steps foot on my lawn and no one will care.
>>
File: 20200213_154752.jpg (1.23 MB, 1795x2268)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB JPG
I miss my boy Odin. Last picture of him.
>>
>>3879399
Cats love bite, it's a sign of affection
>>
>>3879423
>>3879429
it's definitely her annoyed way to get me to stop petting her, not her playing. I just wish she'd move away from me or something instead of biting 'cause it can be hard to tell when she's had enough
>>
>>3879425
This is a mad janny btw
>>
>>3879443
>>3879399
bite her back then
>>
Took Mathilda out for the first time with a leash just when I took out the garbage so she could see the outside for a bit, she seemed to like it but then it seemed like she wanted to go back inside. Now she's a bit nuts and running around from the excitement and meowing. I would be okay taking her outside on a leash daily. I want her to know she can go outside with the leash but not when she wants it, only when I allow it.
>>
>>3879399
she's trying to train you not to get her so worked up
>>
>>3879427
Cute chonk

>>3879443
My older cat used to do that. My new cat just licks my hand, haven't bitten me even once yet
>>
>>3879313
non-clumping. Liquids just turn the pellets to dust.
>>
>>3879258
>that face
>>
>>3871998
one of my cats licked it once, can't be good for it
>>
>>3879258
BCC
>>
I thought I'd become a pro at giving my cat his pills daily since I had no issue for a week but suddenly he started being difficult, slumping away from my hold,hissing, using his paws to take my hands off his face. Ever since he got really upset and slashed my wrist bad, I've resorted to putting the little fuck into a burrito while he complains and fusses, then I feed him afterwards and he acts like nothing happened. Retard.
>>
File: 1584961578264.png (146 KB, 346x450)
146 KB
146 KB PNG
Probably gonna lose a 2 month old kitty I'm looking after to FCV, fuck this virus.
>>
>>3879034
Well this is weird. Monitor him and see if the issue stops at September just like the previous year. It could be totally accidental that he does it in that timeframe. Usually regurgitated food that has just been eaten is associated to eating too fast.

>>3879729
Have you not tried to hide the pill in the food?

>>3879820
Don't give up hope until the very last second anon. I'm thinking of you and the kitty.
>>
>>3879729
>I've resorted to putting the little fuck into a burrito
pics?
>>
why do people post youtube videos of cats grooming themselves? do people like listening to that?
>>
File: 1599838406893.png (1.72 MB, 1080x810)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB PNG
>>3879909
>Have you not tried to hide the pill in the food?
Yes with various foods but he ends up figuring out there's a pill in it and won't eat, or eats everything but the pill. It's honestly less hassle to get ahold of him open his mouth and shove it in. Today actually went well and pilled him in like 10 seconds.

>>3879938
It's hard enough holding him still I can't take a pic at the same time. Have a normal picture with his handsome self instead.
>>
>>3871417
What’s an elf cat and why do they look so smashed and slammed I was looking for Sphinx cats and these things showed up in my area I’m pretty sure they are a separate breed though
>>
>>3879558
I like the feline pine a lot. I don't feel so bad about flushing a couple pellets when I put the turds in the toilet.
>>
>>3871880
I'm sure your shit smells like flowers.
>>
>>3879996
oh god not another new "breed"
don't bother with cat "breeds", cats aren't working animals beyond being mousers in farms or factories (and any cat can do this), they don't need breeds. Costs a lot less to get a cat at the shelter
do people who don't already own cats think this is a thing because it is in dogs? I would just like that we don't try to ruin cats as a species like we did dogs
>>
>>3871891
the wet just tasts like "pure essence of protein" as in like no flavor, but maybe kinda nutty?
>>
>>3872673
you separated a 3 week old kitten from it's mother? why would you do that? wait till 8 weeks
>>
>get litter advertised as 100% dust free
>is dusty
Absolute scam, now I'm left to wonder if I use it up and have to clean a lot of litter dust later, or take the loss, throw it out and get another.
>>
>>3880474
Take the crystal ones.
>>
I’ve never posted before, I hope you enjoy this loaf
>>
>>3880506
I love these cats, but this is the type I'm most allergic to.
>>
>>3880512
You aren’t wrong, the ultra fine fur gets everywhere and during shedding I have to take antihistamines daily, but he’s such an affectionate and cuddly guy, loves all humans.
>>
>>3877120
Its a pet not a child you retarded pussy
>>
File: 20200229_144643.jpg (3.66 MB, 4032x3024)
3.66 MB
3.66 MB JPG
>>3880526
You are very cool and popular
>>
>>3880529
>BooHoo! I havent thought of anything but a dead cat for a whole year! boo hoo
fuck off you attention seeking faggot
>>
>>3880529
Ignore the retard, but just get a new cat anon. You can't bring time back. Life can suck sometimes. It is what it is.
>>
>>3880531
The irony is strong in this one.
>>
>>3880542
>Hurr durr I'm a retard with nothing to say so I;ll just regurgitate a meme response I;ve seen elsewhere...hurr durr
You;re a stupid person
>>
File: 20210507_160128.jpg (3.28 MB, 2268x3686)
3.28 MB
3.28 MB JPG
>>3880537
I'm not the original person he was replying to, just noticing how pathetic he is.
>>
>>3880546
Well then you're a white knight faggot bitch. At least you're posting a top tier cat though, so I'll cut you some slack.
>>
>>3879399
if the tail is wagging or ficking around, she wants you to stop.. cats can get over stimulated.
theres a good vid on YT called "youre petting your cat wrong" with good info
>>
>>3880526
i know he isnt a child but he meant a lot to me. maybe one day youll have that connection with a pet of yours. its a different type of friendship and losing that when you have nothing else definitely leaves a void. i know youll just call me a pussy again or laugh or whatever but yeah. hope you're well, friend.
>>
Do cats like frozen water bottles on hot days?
>>
>>3880581
Not if you throw them at them.
>>
>>3880581
No.
Put two or three ice cubes in the water bowl, or just refill it with fresh water if it's stagnant, to reduce bacterial growth.
>>
my cat is an asshole
>>
I found this tiny kitten mewing at my backyard door this morning. What is a sufficient level of care for it? I'm leaving it fresh water and already gave it some pieces of lamb.
>>
>>3880759
>>
>>3880759
>>3880761
Less than 2 months old kittens should wean from mom's milk and food (kitten formula). No mom or siblings in the area? If left alone he could get lost and die at that age. Call a shelter if you can't keep it and if the place has potential dangers.
Yes, for now provide him with cooked meat or cat food + water.
>>
>>3880786
Oh damn I already fed him raw lamb meat twice. I've got some leftover cooked lamb lung, can I leave that out for it while I get formula? I don't see any other cats around, and it isn't a dangerous area for a kitten.
>>
entire house is covered In fleas again and i cant get into the vet for the comfortis pills. what do i do?
>>
>>3880836
Raw meat has to be super fresh to be given to a YOUNG or an ADULT cat, not to a kitten.
>I've got some leftover cooked lamb lung
Is it overly-seasoned, salty or spicy? If so, that shit is going to give the kitty digestive issues that will also give you a hard time, if you plan of taking care of it. Scrambled or boiled eggs with no seasoning can do too, in an emergency situation.
>>
File: 1233432325543.jpg (69 KB, 714x960)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>3879909
We thought the issue causing it last year was because of one of my idiot roommates literally trying to feed him catnip and hence why he was vomiting/regurgitating a lot of green colored chunks. I did hear from our vet that cats that eat WAY too fast tend to have that issue as well so maybe its something normal but I'll ask the vet again when I take him in a few weeks for his yearly shots.
>>
File: 20210430_172106.jpg (2.73 MB, 4032x3024)
2.73 MB
2.73 MB JPG
I chose her to adopt because she was such a little shit. she continues to be a complete asshole. I love her.
>>
>>3880919
Female cats are bitchier in general. My friend's cat is my cat's mother and she always is extra catty to females for some reason.
>>
>>3880900
>literally trying to feed him catnip
i thought cats loved catnip. what's the issue?
>>
>>3880759
The sufficient level of care is loving it for rest of its life
>>
File: confused cat.jpg (144 KB, 576x768)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
>>
File: 800px-Cat_eats_frog.jpg (119 KB, 800x600)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
Don't forget: when your cat brings in from the garden, say... a dead frog & lays it before you, don't react with horror & chase said kitty out of the house, but praise your cat & give it love: for that is a gift for you.
>>
>>3880968
Catnip is kinda a hormone/pheromone thing, not every kot is going to go crazy on it
>>
>>3871438
stop wasting your time on computer
>>
File: BROS.png (2 MB, 1348x1136)
2 MB
2 MB PNG
>>3878614
>>3878574
Thanks for the input anons! Re: food – found a decent brand named "Venandi Animal Premium" – got a box arrive in the mail and fed some to the boys earlier today–consistency seems decent and they were happy. Thanks for the catinfo link, definitely going to look into preparing more food for them, this is the route I'd rather go down, I'm confident I'll be able to make way better meals than whatever I can get from a can.

Bathed them for the first time earlier today too, cleaning out the litter tray and they decided to piss on the empty plastic box while we were busy bagging up shit and litter kek - so they both ended up covered in piss. Bath time went down without a hitch, but I'll keep in mind what you're saying about natural oils etc.

JUST ONE MORE THING somebody may be able to help with –they were undergoing flea treatment when we got them, using frontline, jumping fleas were all over them and dropping dead left right and centre for the first couple days. Both boys still have what looks like clumped up clusters of bugs in their ears though. There's no movement, it's just clusters of brown– but that is what I'm seeing in there, right, fleas? How do we best nuke those bastards without causing any discomfort to the kittens?

Pic related the bros :^)
>>
>>3873804
what lore am i missing. whos sammy and sammys dad
>>
Let my cat outside for the first time yesterday. She obviously loved it but still unsure if it's really worth all the risks, if I could somehow teach her to stay inside the garden area or the left area it'd be fine but worried about the road/dumb dog owners/other stuff
>>
>>3881023
Thank him for his service.
>>
>>3881185
> let cat outside unattended just like a retard
> automatically worried about other people on other people's property or common areas

You. Deserve. It. And you know wtf I mean.
>>
>>3881278
Not sure who pissed in your cereal but I spent time with her but cats aren't dogs and there's other risks involved that you can't do anything about
>>
>>3881185
It's called a catio.
Otherwise you sit out there and supervise like a good owner walking their pet.
>>
>>3881287
No possibility for that where I live, plus the whole point is that cats want to run so it wouldn't help in the first place
>>
>>3881290
No possibility of going outside and watching your cat?
I do it all the time. Both with a harness and retractable leash, or just letting the cat out and staying outside and alert with them.
Putting a cat outside unsupervised is never an option.
>>
I got a carrier pack a few months ago so I can take my cat to a nearby cemetery/park.
The walk over can be a bit stressful but he loves being out in the grass and sun, and there are very few dog walkers or other visitors.
I did see some hawks circling overhead once, but I kept my eye on them and stood over top of my cat to try and make him an unappealing target.
>>
>>3881294
Cats want to run dude

>Putting a cat outside unsupervised is never an option
My current idea is to have the door open around an hour every day so she can't go too far and stays close
>>
>>3881296
In my experience they want to explore more than run. I've never had my cats sprint long enough to reach the end of their leash, but I've had to gently pull them out from under a bush a few times.
>>
>>3881297
Of course they don't sprint when they got a leash on, most dogs won't even attempt to run with a leash on.
>>
File: 1612288801243.png (4 KB, 199x103)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
>>3881296
>>3881297
Cats don't want to run, they're not hamsters, they only run when hunting/playing because it spends a lot of their energy, but they do like exploring, and laying in the grass/sun. Also look at this palindrome captcha.
>>
>>3881304
>they only run when hunting/playing
Which cats do a lot, every time she saw a fly/butterfly/bird she was right after it. It depends on the cat/breed of course
>>
>>3881298
>when they got a leash on
You see harnesses or leashes in those pics?
Whatev, dude. You keep rationalizing your neglect all you want.
Personally I like being there as my cat explores.
>>
Bump limit reached
>>3881314
>>3881314
>>3881314
>>
File: 1612198351208.png (376 KB, 900x702)
376 KB
376 KB PNG
>>3881311
>mfw I read that "I like being there when my cat explodes"
>>
>>3881311
>Personally I like being there as my cat explores
That's nice but I don't have that much time
>>
>>3881318
If you are not in a position to watch for dangers while your cat is outside, you are neglecting and endangering your pet.
Can you see if someone's pitbull got loose?
Could you get your cat inside and safe before it runs over to maul and eat your cat?
>>
>>3881366
Nobody has that shit breed around here so no worries
>>
>>3881047
>Both boys still have what looks like clumped up clusters of bugs in their ears though. There's no movement, it's just clusters of brown– but that is what I'm seeing in there, right, fleas? How do we best nuke those bastards without causing any discomfort to the kittens?
Probably dead fleas or ear mites? There are topical treatments for that too, but I'm not sure what to suggest. Do you have to take them to the vet for vaccinations/deworming yet? They can help you get rid of the clusters in the ears.

>>3881295
Why don't you leash walk him?
>>
>>3880968
A little lick or sniff there is okay. But giving a cat spoons of catnip isn't good for their livers.
>>
File: 1484500459535.gif (1.71 MB, 300x209)
1.71 MB
1.71 MB GIF
>>3881316
>>
>>3879427
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yU9QyBa-v0
>>
>>3871417
>>
>>3875742
bustopher jones

or Buddy
>>
>>3876905
you have to train her out of it. if she were wrestling with another kitten the kitten would yelp, hiss, or fight back and that way she'd learn how to limit how rough she gets. thats your job now
>>
>>3875742
Figaro
>>
>>3880419
I was wrong, it's much older than that, about 3 months. Btw it no longer hides, he got very cuddly now, bites a fuck ton too, he's very hyper. Nowadays he only from my loud-ass roommate sometimes. He's getting to big to get under the couch so eventually he'll stop hiding there, I got him a cat gym with a hiding spot so he'll take refugee there whenever he wants.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.