[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 168569.jpg (75 KB, 605x380)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
Are Malamutes really better dogs than Huskies? Have you ever owned one? What's your experience with them?
>>
Huskies are one of the few breeds that are statistically more likely to bite their owners than strangers.
>>
>>3829388
I thought those were Pitbulls lol
>>
>>3829392
Huskies too. Did you know every malamute fatality to date has been a malamute/husky mix?
>>
>>3829316
Malamutes are huskies
>>
>>3829397
but bigger and less psychotic
>>
>>3829407
nope, they're the same thing. Not all huskies are malamutes, but all malamutes are huskies.
>>
File: Husky-Dog-on-computer1.jpg (172 KB, 1024x768)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
>>3829410
>nope, they're the same thing. Not all huskies are malamutes, but all malamutes are huskies.
>>
>>3829316
Huskies are perfect.
Malamutes are not.
Huskies are better.
>>
File: living the dream.jpg (690 KB, 3732x2100)
690 KB
690 KB JPG
Malamutes are huskies, but...
With beautiful brown to yellow eyes instead of inbred blue ones
From the USA, not communist siberia
Bigger
Softer and fluffier
More laid back
More affectionate
Smarter
Healthier (most malamutes are just the later generations of designer mutts)
Way, way less likely to eat babies
More receptive to training instead of extremely ADHD
More practical since one malamute can do more work than one husky
>>
File: B14.jpg (242 KB, 800x786)
242 KB
242 KB JPG
They are undeniably the superior dog. It's like asking if GSDs are better than pitbulls. The answer is: Duh.

Unless you want to chain 12 dogs up to a sled and go really fast huskies are shitty dogs. For all other things, there is the malamute.
>>
>>3830388
But that's not fair. Malamutes are draft dogs as well. Comparing them to a husky in terms of sledding is like comparing a Ford F350 to a Porsche 911. Of course the Porsche is going to smoke the Ford, but the Ford can tow a big ass horse trailer behind it while the Porsche doesn't even have a trailer hitch.
>>
>>3830401
The malamute's temperament is superior due to their lower speed, more directed purpose and history of general purpose use instead of pure cart hauling. Huskies use for dog sports kind of turned the original chuchki dog into a race car of a canine while the malamute stayed closer to its roots as an all around dog that's a stellar companion since a single malamute or a pair would be a lifeline for survival to someone.
>>
>malamute oriented vlog
>dogs are always pretty chill and go aroo roo roo

>husky vlog
>dogs are constantly bouncing off the walls and going AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

this does, in fact, reflect reality.
>>
>>3830405
based

>>3830402
You realize that malamutes were purpose bred for strength and endurance to haul heavy freight sleds, and used to hunt seals and polar bears as well, correct?
>>
>>3830409
Yes, that's made them great dogs. They can do most kinds of work when needed but are also loyal, well behaved, and happy to live at their companions pace.

They can also put a pitbull into the ground fairly effortlessly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SfmwcEbxAE
>>
>>3830421
All I see is two owners who don't know how to properly break up a dog fight, and one who shouldn't own a dog at all there, desu.
Also...
> pit mix
Put him in the ring with a real fighting pit like a Turtlebuster or a Razor's Edge or a Gotti. Not shilling, just being practical. Big fluffy might have his hands full then. And I do like Malamutes, but they're more inclined to colder areas,not Ohio where I'm at. It's warm and muggy,big boy would be quite miserable right bow
>>
>>3830428
it's not that a malamute is a bad dog for you, it's that ohio is a bad place to live.
>>
>>3829316
Idk but I remember when my friend got a husky and I really hated its personality plus the dog was simply not suited to the warm climate and seemed miserable all the time
>>
>>3830453
huskies have awful personalities
>>
>>3830449
Extenuating circumstances right now. Once I get things in order and I'm able I would LIKE to emigrate to New Zealand. Pretty based climate year round I hear. South island, not north. If I want a vacation I'll hit up the north island, the south island has a climate I like.
>>
File: 1592761200171.jpg (24 KB, 313x445)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>3830455
It's all because he played Dead to Rights. He got really embarrassed when I told his mom that. Of course he named the dog Shadow.
>>
>>3830455
they do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0uipjGM7Wc
>>
aint no reason to prefer a husky unless you're a furfag. for some reason furfags like the smaller dog.
>>
>>3830482
Because half of them think they're cute, bubbly, butt fucking toon dogs with overly exaggerated facial expressions...
>>
>>3830489
Well, they are. But all their facial expressions are "I AM ON CRACK RIGHT FUCKING NOOOOOOOOW"
>>
>>3830494
I was referring to the furfag 'art' that's really just smut, not the actual dog. Correct, however.
>>
>>
>>3830455
This is true unironically. Husky owners also have horrible personalities to match.
>>
>>3830503
What was the point of this?
>>
>>3830504
It stands to reason that malamute owners are as nice to be around as their dogs.
>>
>>3830511
They're probably alright except for an unquenchable hatred for huskies
>>
File: original.jpg (115 KB, 736x1110)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>3830511
Yes, indeed, they are classy.
>>
>>3830511
so whats the difference?

husky: dog fucker
malamute: canine romantic
>>
>>3830539
Y'know, you take them out to dinner first and call them back the next day.
>>
>>3830541
That sounds much better :)
>>
File: dinnermute.jpg (715 KB, 3037x2147)
715 KB
715 KB JPG
>>3830541
At least 3 dates before that, please. They aren't animals.
>>
Do you have to live in Alaska, Canada or New England to own a Malamute? Or they can have a long and happy life in the South/West too?
>>
>>3830549
really should have snow 5 months a year
>>
I really want a Malamute when I move to Alaska. I figure it's literally bred for the environment plus i've always wanted a big dog.
Are they friendly and chill?
My last dog was a Jack Russell x Pomeranian (he looked more Jack Russell) and he was a sweet dog and very hyper.
>>
>>3830549
they do fine in idaho/oregon/washington. any hotter than that and they transition from "sheds more" to "white man, this place was not made for either of us"
>>
>>3830597
They're snow collies, they need exercise or they'll be fucking bouncing off the walls
>>
>>3830597
They are friendly and good natured, but other that than, there is a ton of variance in malamute appearance and temperaments. They range from lab hyper to german shepherd hyper. You should really meet an individual dog or a puppy's parents especially with less inbred breeds like this.
>>
>>3830597
They are but you need a mile+ walk a day.
>>
>>3830516
Wow, that dog must be very smart.
>>
>>3830613
6+ miles would be more reasonable.
>>
>>3830873
depends on the dog, what they've been doing all their life, and what's going on during the walk.
>>
The amount of time my boy has been called a husky
>>
Huskies are hotter.
>>
>>3830510
>>3830503
more importantly what's this from
>>
>>3831100
The Thing
Find the version with Kurt Russel
Watch it alone with all the lights off
>>
>>3829316
>Malamutes
Malamutes look like a dopey version of a Husky and obese wolves
>>
File: download.jpg (66 KB, 645x380)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>3832532
so basically the repel vapid horny zoophiles who want to get a dog just to fuck it?

>>3831078

yep. malamutes are based.
>>
>>3832658
See >>3830539
>>
>>3832702
You can fuck anything, but furfags are way less likely to want to get a malamute over a husky just for sex. There's something about them that fails to turn furfags on. Maybe the unconscious knowledge that they could wreck your shit if they felt sexually assaulted. And because of that, they are based.
>>
File: AROOO.jpg (84 KB, 633x599)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>3832708
bestiality fags want relationships where they have absolute power and malamutes are too powerful to merely subdue.

you dont see furries going after giant caucasian shepherds either even though they're theoretically ideal. deep down inside, the degenerate knows the dog might say no, and the way dogs say no to repeated rape is by biting your face off.
>>
>>3829316
When I finally move to Alaska or Maine, I'll get one as soon as possible.
>>
>>3831146
Jed was a half-Alaskan Malamute wolf dog.

but watch Clark!
>>
File: malomote.jpg (62 KB, 700x525)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>3829316
Yes
No
All the ones I've spent time with were very friendly, well mannered dogs with moderate energy levels. Also, they're huge. They will cuddle right up to you and you will feel like you're in heaven.

To contrast. every husky I have ever met off leash instantly jumped on me, start grabbing body parts with their mouth, and then ran around in circles.
>>
>>3829316
all sled dogs make terrible pets.
best pet dogs are hunting breeds
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (24 KB, 336x343)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>3834578
WOO WOO WOO WOO WOO WOO WOOOooOOOoOOOoOOOOoOOO
>>
>>3829392
Huskies can be very temperamental especially with lazy owners. That's why lots get dumped into shelters
>>
>>3830388
No one in the lower 48 has Alaskan Huskies. Sleds are irrelevant. I have also met far more neurotic inbred gsds than I have pitbulls. I used to love gsds until I saw what happened to the breed.
>>
>>3830421
Lol that wasn't even a fight.
>>
>>3830428
Aren't Gottis those retarded bullies?
>>
>>3830455
We had a husky lab mix when I was a kid. She was fine. I've never had a purebred husky
>>
>>3834597
Must be an east coast thing because we do have alaskan huskies in the lower 48, due to the canadians, and the GSDs seem fine to me. Lots of cat killers though.
>>
File: ha ha ha ha.jpg (2.35 MB, 3264x2448)
2.35 MB
2.35 MB JPG
>>3832713
>zoophiles don't like malamutes and guard dog breeds
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha yeah sure, no way. they're scared of them. yeah. totally. no reason to ever suspect a guy with a really big dog would do that. the dog would kick his ass. 100%. totally. just look how nice that dog is, no way has it ever had to go through something so horrible unnatural and traumatizing haha.
>>
>>3830539
Goddam leafs Just stop fucking dogs.
>>
>>3830613
Only a mile? That's not very far
>>
File: 1614990153156.png (152 KB, 246x361)
152 KB
152 KB PNG
>>3834609
Yeah, it's a stupid thing to ever think. If anyone sexually abused animals they would be dealing with neurotic and aggressive dogs so all that "you just know" shitposting is total bullshit.
>>
>>3834578
They can be nightmares too if not given enough exercise and training.
>>
>>3834604 I'm in Tn Siberian Huskies do love to kill cats here. I've only ever seen Alaskan Huskies on tv. I've met some decent gsds but most are nothing like the ones I knew as a kid. I think it's a combo of bad breeders and stupid owners.
>>
>>3834611
mile+
>>
>>3834613
indeed it is literally impossible for any animal thats gone through that to stay friendly and calm. its worse than hitting them.
>>
>>3834618
hunting dogs at worst get restless and dig out your couch. meanwhile, sled dogs instinctively see small animals and children as potential prey and are liable to attack without warning
>>
>>3835134
that's literally just huskies, and the tragic husky-malamute mix.

well, malamutes might hunt cats but that's a non issue, since cats shouldn't be on your property uninvited and so will a great number of hunting dogs.
>>
>>3835345
>so will a great number of hunting dogs.
nigger hunting breeds are some of the safest breeds to have around cats.
>>
>>3830455
My boyfriend has a husky which he adores and which I don't have the heart to tell him is kind of a shitty dog - it's temperamental and can't be trusted with other animals.
>>
>>3835508
Huskies are born and bred rabbit eliminators. Where they come from, rats come indoors and get taken care of by traps.

Not really shitty dogs unless a ridiculous cat worshipper or have a soft spot for medium to large vermin
>>
>>3835510
sadly they get adopted by inner city types who throw a party when they get rabbits in their yard and think cats are treasured individual pets instead of semi-wild animals that live in barns
>>
>>3830428
>but they're more inclined to colder areas,not Ohio where I'm at
Snow dogs can live in Ohio just fine.
>It's warm
t. has never left ohio

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.