[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1569916309255.jpg (92 KB, 500x376)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
so i'm a cat person 100% boyfriend is a dog person and wants a dog
i need one that gets along with cats and isnt an annoying loud destructive piece of shit that can do well in an apartment setting
suggestions? the destruction part is very important to me as im kinda materialistic and like nice things
>>
>Dog
>apartment
Lol no
>Dog
>Vapid materialistic cunt
Not gonna work out. Dogs are for people who see "overpaying for something that's going to be dragged through mud" when you see "nice shoes".
>>
You're either a faggot or a woman. In either case your opinion doesn't matter
>>
>>3829266
Get nice shelter pit. They are usually very attached to their owners and get along well with smaller animals (cats especially.)
>>
File: Josie 157.jpg (152 KB, 1600x1200)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>>3829266
you're going to want a siberian husky. just be warned, you will end up replaced by the dog. this is for your boyfriends own good. he's better off with a husky than a crazy cat lady that doesn't think being materialistic is a vice.
>>
>>3829398
Single men shouldn't be allowed to own female huskies.
>>
File: bed warmer.jpg (246 KB, 900x1600)
246 KB
246 KB JPG
>>3829402
Don't be jealous and spiteful now. if huskies don't like who they live with, they just run away.
>>
>>
>>3829266
just get a mutt, breed dogs might have more predictable personalities but always fucked up in one way or another. it's raising a dog that makes it behave right or wrong in most cases.
dogs aren't cats, and if you can't commit to raising one properly your boyfriend just shouldn't have a dog.
also lmao at all the seething dogfags mad that someone points out that a smelly, loud and annoying pet that destroys stuff isn't a good pet at all. get fucked, retards, the only thing your shitty pets are good for is sweet and sour five flavor chineese noodles
>>
even though >>3829409 is a salty catfag he's right that you should just get a puppymutt. A puppy raised around cats is the best puppy for cats. Just go to a flea market and people often give them away for free or 5-15 bucks. You can even ask them if they have any particular breed blood; you might get lucky and find one with relatively notable parentage to use when teaching the pup.
>>
Get a Maltese-chihuahua mix
>>
>>3829409
>I'm a sensitive materialistic princess
it's a good pet, as long as you aren't a sensitive materialistic princess. Which is why OP is going to be breaking up with her boyfriend when he gets a dog anyways.
>>
>>3829416
If the stench and non stop awful noise of a dog doesn't bother you, you are mentally ill. If the destruction of nice things you paid for does not bother you, you. are. mentally. ill. This is not up for debate. You probably just want to fuck dogs.
>>
>>3829417
>implying they smell bad
>implying a little woof once an hour is non stop awful noise
>implying everyone is a metrosexual turbohomo with a house full if irreplaceable gucci couches and versace sandals
i make $220k a year in IT and i buy all my furniture at wal mart. and i don't even have a dog. i watch friends dogs at their houses, but i don't own one. i'm just not a homo.
>>
>>3829418
Labs and german shepherds smell bad and bark a ton, and labs, GSDs, and their mixes are the most popular dogs of all time. its an understandable myth. I have a rescue greyhound who smells good and never barks.
>>
File: h.jpg (1.39 MB, 2956x2956)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB JPG
>>3829409
>smelly
check. shits and pisses indoors. can't use a toilet. misses the box or accidentally kicks out/tracks out shit/piss. will walk around for days with turds stuck in its fur.
>loud and annoying
check. constant meowing, clingy attention whore that won't even let you read a book or sleep with the door closed.
>destroys stuff
check. imagine having to buy a steady supply of "cat trees" so the cat won't destroy your furniture...as often.

get a rat.
>>
File: 8p1eop9p9ex11.jpg (722 KB, 3024x4032)
722 KB
722 KB JPG
>>3829427
Based and ratpilled

>Quiet
>Smart
>Affectionate
>Safe
>Not a long term commitment

Pets other than rats should be banned. Imagine risking the safety and sanity of your fellow man for some egotism. All things in society should be quiet and safe. Everyone: get a rat. do it stat.
>>
File: 1621266217427.gif (1.98 MB, 245x152)
1.98 MB
1.98 MB GIF
>>3829417
>>3829427
funny how the actual solution is to take better care of your pets and have more than one.
>>
>>3829429
Rats do not live long enough. It hurts my heart too much to let them go so often.
>>
>>3829427
yeah if you can't take proper care of even a cat then rat is just good enough for you. Or get a pet rock, it'll take you a good few years before you realize it's not alive I bet.
>>
>>3829437
all cats and dogs are smelly, loud, annoying, and destructive no matter what. it's their nature. its just two sides of the same coin but one shits outside and the other kills songbirds.
>>
File: 20200818_102454_15_1.jpg (51 KB, 418x489)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>3829441
it seems to me like you never had either cat or dog, and base your impression on funny youtube videos. or kept them in rat cages or something, they'd be frustrated and smelly then, i suppose
>>
>>3829444
it seems to be your are a weirdo pet parent who ignores the flaws of these dangerous disease carrying fuzzballs to everyone elses detriment
>>
>isnt an annoying loud destructive piece of shit
>dog
Choose one
>>
Woah whats going on in this thread

Anyone drop some fluoxetine?
>>
>>3829451
Well you have to walk them or they get restless you moron
>>
>>3829429
>>Not a long term commitment
this is a negative tbqhwymf
but rats are based
>>
>>3829418
this board is making me believe that there is some turboanalog of toxo inside the dogs
>>
>>3829762
It's just genetic diversity in man. Some people are repulsed by the scent of blood, other people get hungry when they smell it. This is in their nature. Some people are bothered by the scents of predators, other people aren't, because they are predators. Some people are naturally property-oriented and have a psychological drive to collect and preserve a ton of shit. Some people don't and have a drive to roam and find novelty instead.

Some people still have ape souls and want to live away from everything that could possibly hurt them and eat fruit with their troupe. Others are fully human and want to chase and kill mammoths and hang out with wolves.
>>
>>3829395
fuck no i’m not bringing something home that’s a ticking time bomb ready to kill my cat
>>3829398
not a woman but ok
>>
>>3829762
dogfags are fucking insane i make one post saying hey what dog won’t destroy my shit and they get so fucking offended
like shit i’m a fag who likes nice shoes i don’t want some mutt tearing up my 150$ boots but i want my boyfriend to be happy ffs
>>
>>3829417
thank you
op who lived next to neighbor with 3 dogs that got taken away because of their excessive barking pissed everyone off lel
>>
>>3829266
I hope he gets a shitbull, faggot
>>
Corgis are basically big kittens. As dogs go they're probably more agreeable than most
>>
>"dog person"
>doesn't realize keeping anything but a small dog in an apartment is objectively retarded
>>
>>3830135
They're just saying, it's part of the package. You don't have the personality type needed to deal with that animal. It's never going to work. Combine that with the fact that people who aren't overly attached to material things are ALWAYS aggressive towards people who are, because they see them as inferior, wasteful, and full of vice. A net negative to society. They're also kind of right. Wouldn't the world be better if people were less attached to "new" and "nice"? This holds true everywhere. Whether you're complaining about dogs chewing shoes, or a musician buying $10000 violins, someone who isn't materialist will say "you are being a fucking child, get a cheap one and take care of it for the rest of your life". It's something that's ingrained in people. The absolute fear of spending money and throwing things away. The kind of attitude that gets you warren buffet with a 20 year old flip phone and billionaires with dinged up honda accords.

>>3830161
It's not about what you live in but what you can do with the dog

if you're fine with 3-7 trips out of the apartment to keep the dog happy go for it
>>
>>3830168
4chan is full of these people. its what sets us apart from reddit.

just look at /biz/ and their portfolios, they think doubling your money is for losers. meanwhile they all sleep on piles of blankets and they just give their dogs their shoes when they have holes in them instead of buying dog toys.
>>
>>3830131
Your cat deserves death.
>>
>>3829266
>the destruction part is very important to me as im kinda materialistic and like nice things
Has the toxo rotted your brain so much you can't even see the damage your cat has done to your shit?
>>
>>3830769
Catfags will say "my cat is a good cat and would never, at the worst he claws a shoe once a year"

But so will dogfags. Just because you can get along well with an animal doesn't mean people who aren't naturally inclined (aka most people) will have the same experience.
>>
>>3829266
Dogs are typically only destructive if they are not trained well or given enough love or exercise.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.