[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>purebred
>health problems

>mutt
>no health problems
What did nature mean by this?
>>
>>3826808
"Purebred" dogs don't exist in nature
>>
>>3826808
Purebred dogs are inherently inbred and therefore are more likely to have recessive traits. Mutts have more heterozygous traits, and therefore have hybrid vigor. People will screech about "reputable breeders" but it's a simple biological fact.
>>
>>3826808
>inbred
>health problems
>not inbred
>not as many health problems
Gee, I wonder.
>>
>>3826818
You can also have hybrid depression, inbred depression, and inbred vigor.

Its also a biological fact that you can test for predispositions to genetic disorders and only breed dogs that are healthy.

"Reputable breeders" are people who test their breeding dogs to make sure they're not passing on genes that lead to unhealthy dogs.
>>
>>3826808
>implying either of those concepts exist in nature
Naturally evolved landraces tend to be pretty bulletproof from a health perspective, as do working bloodlines since they're not just being bred for arbitrary judging standards like show dogs.
>>
race mix, goyim
>>
>>3826808
Yeah, lets remember about that one time a horse fucked a donkey and gave birth to mule.
You know, sterile creatures that can't reproduce?
Not going to mention that one? What's the matter does it goo too much against your muh race mix agenda?
>>
>>3828542
Sterile creatures that don't reproduce, yet valued above horses for their superior physical traits
>>
>>3826808
>mutt
>no health problems
Wishful thinking
>>
>>3826808
>breed two untested dogs together to create a 'healthy mutt'
>puppies all grow up to have arthritis. some get cancer at 3.
Not all mutts are healthy. Health testing matters more than the breed itself. It's why I'll never get a puppy from a backyard breeder, mutt or not.
>>
>>3828542
Mules are literally better than both horses and donkeys though.
>>
>>3826819
/thread you retarded faggot
>>
>>3826808
>What did nature mean by this?
having the right number of different chromosomes is a good thing
>>
File: dog breeder.png (600 KB, 640x1136)
600 KB
600 KB PNG
>>3826808
>nature
>>
>>3826808
>purebred
Retard
>>
>>3828568
Based
I knew someone who had a goldendoodle. It cost him £2000 and died at 8 with heart issues that were hereditary. It was from a byb and both of its parents weren't health tested. It turns out it's father (the golden) had lab in him somewhere, which means their stud was also dogshit.

Meanwhile my st bernard from a great breeder with health tested parents is 10 and still going strong. She's a bit fragile but no arthritis as of yet.

Get your dogs from breeders bros, including mutts and crosses. Bybs arent worth your time and money.
>>
>>3828568
>Health testing matters more than the breed itself
Same anon here. Let me clarify this doesn't apply to breeds where the breed standard itself is inherently flawed and causes health issues. This includes things like pugs, bulldogs, gsds, etc.
>>
>>3826904
>test their breeding dogs to make sure they're not passing on genes that lead to unhealthy dogs
some that is inevitable as breed created from small population by definition
also not every health problem are passed by some single mutation which is easely to test
and sometimes target traits genes are linked to health problem genes
>>
>>3827535
Landraces dogs often get to fight for breeding right and also might try to kill offsprings that aren't theirs. Dogs are left to themselves to die if they are sick. This happens in multiple gen to get that "bulletproof" genetic. Also, if genetic defects resurface, that dog would die young on the street anyway.
Such model is not ethical to be used for human breeder. The best breeders can do is test for known defect and breed the only healthiest parents and neuter/keep unhealthy dogs from breeding. Sometimes, genetic defect can still resurface between two good parents and breeder won't use the pairing again if it creates a really bad litter.
>>
>>3828568
You are mad because you are angry.
>>
File: seriously5645.jpg (70 KB, 305x357)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>3828542
This is a troll post, right?
>>
File: angery wario.gif (214 KB, 274x249)
214 KB
214 KB GIF
>>3828542
shut the fuck up and read a biology book
>>
Idk anons, my dog is a mutt from Mexico and has a square like curve on the tip of his tail. I guess they are just built different over there

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.