[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 159_1_900x.png (346 KB, 900x900)
346 KB
346 KB PNG
Anyone done a dog DNA test?
Worth it?
A scam?
>>
What's the point?
>>
Your dog doesn't care.
>>
You're not a dog OP.
>>
>$159 dollars
It's a mutt
>>
>>3785556
Are you worried that you're the father?
>>
I raise labs and we used to do DNA tests all the time to see what colors the puppies throw, we did have one black lab that threw all three colors of lab and actually produced alot of puppies. One time smokey was bred to a chocolate bitch and had all three colors of pups in the litter.
>>
>>3785583
This. If you don't have papers already, your dog's breed literally doesn't matter. For all intents and purposes, it's a mutt. If you want to spend 200 bucks on curiosity, do so, but that's about all you're getting.
>>
>>3785839
I would agree if you dont plan on breeding your dog you dont need it.
>>
>>3785866
This is true but why would you breed a mutt that didn't come with papers
>>
>>3785868
People do weird shit sometimes how do most of the mutts get here?
But if the dog has been proven to be an exceptional intelligent companion i wouldnt have problems breeding a mutt. Purebred master race shit is outdated, if a dog is good it should be bred to enhance the race of canine in general. The idea of breeding mutts is relatively new but it has been done on numerous occasions to produce pretty cool offspring Labradoodle is an example.
>>
>>3785556
My mom had it done to my hound without telling me. It said gsd, beagle, retriever and 50% hound. Waste of money I suppose but it wasn't mine
>>
>>3785943
It's not like we couldn't just make new breeds out of complete mutts anyway. It's how it happened in the past and how it happens with cats now. Got a couple beautiful mutts running around? Name it after your local town and sell their puppies for 1000 a pop.
>>
>>3785966
When breeding animals play mad scientist and breed for intellectual creatures that have complimented traits. We could have dogs walking around in a hundred years making money for us. We gotta quit breeding purebred and go for intelligent creatures. Or are we just playing Hitler with dogs breeding an Arian race?
>>
>>3785974
That's a ton of pups. Did the bitch need assistance for the last few? I had to sort of pull out the last two from my litter as my bitch was exhausted: Total 6 pups.
>>
>>3785834
this is autism
>>
>>3785981
>my dog once had 9 puppies
>next door dog had 6 puppies at same time but was retarded
>my dog got loose and took her puppies
>she somehow fed and raised up 15 puppies
Good bit of em were taken in to be raised as service dogs as they were all lab/border collie mutts
>>
>>3785981
She had 15 puppies and as a doggo midwife i had my work cut out for me. I was constantly rotating 15 puppies off the nipple when they fell asleep and move them to a pile. Up until the day we separated them into two groups in two different boxes that i trained the dog to rotate between.
You can watch Eleanor grow up on my channel RMNixon1 on youtube
>>
We did one on our bulldog mix to try to figure out what the breed of the father was and it said our dog was a "belgian tervuren."
She looks just like a bulldog except for her tail.
>>
>>3785556
People who do this kind of stuff legitimately need a good, hard punch in the face.
>>
>>3785556
I guess it depends. There's the benefit of knowing what health risks your dog is prone to, what kind of stimulation and exercise they need, etc. But otherwise it doesn't really matter besides curiosity. I have a unique looking dog and everybody always asks me what breed she is which has made me extremely curious as well. So I may do it. But I know it's pretty much useless information. Maybe if your dog is interesting looking it would make more sense. I see a lot of people who get it done on very clearly pit bulls and act all shocked when their results say it
>>
>>3786167
Can you post a pic of your girl? Maybe we can try to guess anon
>>
File: making bubbles.png (974 KB, 702x872)
974 KB
974 KB PNG
>>3786663
I post her in /dog/ all the time. The speculations are red heeler mix, maybe some gsd, kelpie, basenji. She was supposedly "" a wolf dog "". There's a bunch of pictures of her in the dog thread if you want to see
>>
>>3785556
the kid isn't yours fren.
>>
>>3787242
Ah, your girl is Kaja I think? The German Anon? I see. Is she as big as a GSD or a bit smaller? You could try posting her height and weight too I guess. How old is she?
>>
>>3787279
Yeah it's kaja!
7 months
42lbs exactly
Height is...idk.. I'm bad at guessing this but I'm 5'3 and she's up to above my knees so... Like a foot tall I don't know lol. She's very short and small.
She is smaller than a German Shepherd.
>>
>>3785834
thats impressive
do you have more documenation about this?
>>
>>3785556
Gonna start buying some breed-specific food or maybe you're planning on finding a breed-specific vet for your dog?
LMAO
Take your $160 and go buy a couple steaks and a squeaky toy. You and your dog will get more out of that than a DNA test that is largely pointless
>>
>>3785556
Someone buy one of these and send in horse DNA or some other animal
I wanna see the results
>>
>>3789082
https://youtu.be/e0N9G16u2w0
My documents are either stashed in a file cabinet or we gave him to the owner. He was a cool puppy, he got trained by a professional and was sold for like 2 grand. Then the guy who bought him from the guy we sold him too bred him a lot probably ten to twenty litters with different random bitches all labs. He had an excellent pedigree with a lot of champions in his blood. Great puppy we had a lot of fun. Smokey with black yellow and chocolate blood diving at a young age.
>>
>>3785556
These aren't accurate. They'll say your dog is 2% jewish just to fuck with you.
>>
>>3789317
C-can Jewish even fuck dogs, Anon?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.