[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (201 KB, 1280x720)
201 KB
201 KB JPG
Good animal/nature YouTube channels?

>pic related
>Clint's Reptiles
>reminds me of the wholesome science or zoology teacher I never had. Not some genius pushing the boundaries of what we know about animals and nature, but down to earth and comfy
>>
He's trying too hard to be nice, wouldn't surprise me if he had people chained up in his basement
>>
>>3782926
Seems genuine to me
>>
The guy has a PHD in biology so he is certainly an authority on the subject, his videos are well put together and engaging.
As for others: Snake Discovery, Jonathan bird for diving/marine animals, crocdoc2
>>
>>3782926
no, he is so nice he has passed the barrier of "being so nice it looks creepy"
it is genuine niceness
>>
>>3782899
>chernobyl
>The BEST pet nuclear accident?
>>
>>3783160
Yeah, lel. Some of the "pet" animals are getting a little ridiculous lately, but you can't keep talking about leopard geckos and ball pythons forever, I suppose.
>>
kamp kenan, chandler's wild life, and snake discovery are pretty decent too if you like reptiles.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTAsANPVqB8
nestflix
>>
>>3782899
I like Clint but he has some retarded views on morph breeding. He doesn't see an issue with Spider morphs, he made a video or two on it and his reasoning is kinda shit desu
>>
Garden State Tortoise
Greg's Turtle Haven
The Turtle Room
Arctic Reptile Ranch
>>
>>3782899
He seems like the most genuinely happiest person in the world.
>>
File: emzotioc.jpg (508 KB, 1200x1600)
508 KB
508 KB JPG
>>3782899
Love me a broken girl
>>
>>3783503
This guy has tortoises
>>
>>3783579
I watch them because I can't keep tortoises.
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (51 KB, 900x900)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
while its hardly educational
i find creamheroes to be the best, most "natural" and unobtrusive catlover channel

i kind of got bored with animalogic since there was this one video about plants all of a sudden

antscanada is pretty based on ant colony information with quality videos even though the narrator weirds me out
>>
>>3783653
The video where she's trying to get her driver's license is the best unintentional comedy I have ever seen.
>>
>>3783412
he's in the McCurley/Barczyk circle of youtubers, I doubt he would come out against spiders even if he wanted to.
>>
i like that sarcastic mulatto zoomer who runs emerald scales
>>
>>3782899
in no certain order
>Beetles as Pets
>Aquarimax Pets
>The Dark Den
>Hook's Hollands
>wmaddisn(for jumping spooder spergs)
>Bugs In Cyberspace
>Foo the Flowerhorn
>>
I like Coyote trying to get bit by every living thing on the planet
>>
>>3784254
>I like Coyote
lol
>>
not animals, but crime pays but botany doesn't is a great channel
>>
>>3783662
I do like him for calling out the terrible morphs, products and practises in the industry for what they are.

Also like Journey to the Microcosmos.
>>
>>3783660
I think that he argues his genuine position. And I believe him that he world change his views when presented with actual data.
The internet is already full of emotionally charged discussion and I appreciate somebody arguing an unpopular opinion calmly and openly
>>
>>3783660
>>3785861
The access he needs for his channel to continue doing ever more absurdist "is _____ the best pet reptile" videos ensures that he will never come out with an opinion more strongly negative than his milquetoast "and that's probably not the best for the animal" opinion he expressed when talking about how the UV blinded albino Green Iguanas were more docile than the ones that can see you at that iguana place where he picked up the Banana Pectinata in the 5 best pet Iguanas video with the retard iguana breeder.
>>
I only watch tz
>>
>>3782926
>people
Anon...he has a zoo...for "personal" enjoyment.
>>
>>3785874
He did videos about very obvious bad pet choices with the same title scheme. It's just the name of the video series
>>
Urban Rescue Ranch and his constant battle with his Kevin his Rhea
>>
>>3785955
That's the point though, his bad choice reptiles are chosen because they are difficult or have unclear husbandry (like Savanna Monitors), not because they are abominations who's lives are shit (albino Green Iguanas who get blinded by their UV lights at a young age).

I don't think that Clint is personally as comfortable as true rackniggers like Kevin with El Abomonacio pet reptiles, though he has enough comfort with defective livestock to think that Wobble is manageable and not an automatic disqualification for a breeding program, but he's also not going to say that you should never buy a reptile with a problem like this unless the problem makes the care for the reptile impossible for the layman, because he depends on access, that his relationships with fragile rackniggers egos provide, for his videos.
>>
>>3786059
I get what you mean and I really have no clue about behind the scenes politics
To me and the average viewer he seems like an enthusiastic reptile keeper. If that is really the truth I really can't say. But without clear evidence I don't want to throw anyone under the bus.
The wobble thing sure is a controversial topic and I sincerely hope that reptile keeping will not evolve to pug levels of stupidity. But I can't fault him for having an opinion while being open to discuss it.
I think he's a genuinely nice person to the fault of not being able to clearly condemn some things. But he sure loves to mention some websites, which really could imply some deals in the background
>>
>>3783160
Personally I think Fukushima saves more on upfront costs
>>
>>3786088
Don't get me wrong, I still watch his videos and consider him to be a fairly reliable information source and an overall good influence on the perception of reptile keeping, but I understand why people who are very concerned with ethical husbandry might find him controversial.
>>
>>3784254
It was nice for satisfying my morbid curiosity. Come on, you never saw bullet ants in a documentary and wondered what getting stung was actually like?
>>
>>3782899
I always like wholesome animal content, thanks for this happy post OP it made my day.
>>
File: spazzline ballies.png (238 KB, 966x402)
238 KB
238 KB PNG
>>3786088
>and I sincerely hope that reptile keeping will not evolve to pug levels of stupidity
it's a little too late for that.
>>
Yoll the owl

>>3783713
>Foo the Flowerhorn
RIP
his new aquarium is top comfy though
>>
>>3782926
I bet he's one of those always happy Mormons
>>
File: good_old_bob.jpg (106 KB, 1280x720)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>3782899
If you like Clint and are into spiders then I highly recommend Bob TheSpiderHunter.
Between him and Clint you have the happiest animal tubers around
>>
I spose ill spam my channel here
RMNixon1 on youtube.
thousands of dog videos and random stuff ive recorded the past 11 years of my life.
>>
>>3784254
he's a bit clickbaity (well not his bite/sting videos, he delivers there) but not the worst thing I've seen and the animals are in fact interesting, so eh
>>3786050
>just smacks kevin with a garbage lid
gets me every time
>>
>>3783146
Snake Discovery is good but I'm genuinely worried as to what might happen if their new zoo/reptile shop fails.
>>
>>3787729
He does live in Utah.
>>
>>3787729
>>3788243
I looked at his Facebook and I was correct. He's a practicing Mormon.
>>
>>3786265
>oh God oh fuck it's a different color. It's another shoah.
>>
>>3782899
i too like clint
>>
File: Untitled.png (191 KB, 574x232)
191 KB
191 KB PNG
>>3782899

I really like kamp kenan. i check out the turtle videos once in a while. another goldmine is thamnophis14, he is a gentle old boomer who made friends with a snapping turtle that acts like a dog. he doesnt make videos very often.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.