[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Fixing cats is important edition.
Please check older threads before asking common cat questions. Be as detailed as possible when you ask something. Let's post and talk about cats!
Previous thread: >>3742293
>>
>>3752384
one of them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AxV8xwru_I
>>
>>3752430
two of them
https://youtu.be/btHpHjabRcc
>>
>>3752432
twenty two of them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJVS3GCzFYE
remember to spay and neuter!
>>
I honestly think that they think, that they are still a small kittens, when we show a lot of attention to them, even as adult cats.
>>
Guys, my cats knocked over my snake tank over night and my ball python is nowhere to be found. Im not real worried per se, but my cats seem real nervous.
>>
File: 1617800329711.jpg (164 KB, 653x490)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
I miss my cat so much...
>>
File: Cat-Doctor-copy-1.jpg (323 KB, 981x718)
323 KB
323 KB JPG
>>3752384
Are you all getting your cats the covid vaccine? My cat has his first shot this Friday.
>>
question to village anons
do people drown baby cats to kill them in your villages?
it is practised here in poland becasue village people cannot into neutering
>>
>>3752461
I'm sorry anon.

>>3752466
Are you Russian?
>>
>>3752468
thats terrible, could be a good opportunity to start a non profit low cost spay neuter clinic. Seriously how can people stand to do such a thing?
>>
>>3752468
my west virginian great grandparents did. that's basically village territory here in the states.
i don't think i could do something like that. i get the reasoning, but i don't have the stomach to even shoot shit that's attacking.
>>
My 9mo kitten keeps pacing around and meowing in a whiny tone all the time
Compared to her the male is really chill
Is she in heat
>>
>>3752572
get her fixed, yes she's probably in heat. They're really annoying when their in heat
>>
File: 1594583845067.jpg (46 KB, 1080x1070)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
My (male, neutered) cat masturbates a lot. At least 2-3 times a day. He starts doing it instantly if he's on something soft and fuzzy like particular blankets or items of clothing. Is this really strange behavior for a neutered cat? I'm worried that he's fucked up because I got him at way too young an age (about 4 or 5 weeks) and this is his way of self-soothing or something. His environment is really calm, very routine, no other people or animals around and he's indoor-only. Besides the masturbating he doesn't have any behavioral issues.
>>
>>3752781
usual self soothing behavior is kneading ("making biscuits") and suckling on soft blankets

my kitty would hump his foster sister a little bit, but so far I've never seen a cat hump something that wasn't another cat. did you ask your vet about this? get the behavior on video. You never know if his neuter left something behind (it happens sometimes)
>>
File: cat wound.png (1.04 MB, 732x964)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB PNG
>inb4 just take her to the vet
We are taking her to the vet in about an hour. I'm just anxious and until that time seeing if anyone else knows what the fuck this is.

>About 3 days ago noticed a little pinkness on her skin,
>thought maybe she scraped her neck area on something,
>seemed concerning but minor
>figured we would wait and see
>2 days later notice her hair is falling out and skin looks really red, slightly bloody or just moist
>schedule vet appointment as soon as we saw that it got worse
>vet is booked until next monday
>notice today that there is now pus
>going to animal hospital/emergency vet vist
>just moved a month ago to new area near Los Angeles from Wisconsin so don't have a vet yet
any thoughts? is this more or less serious? pic is after i tried cleaning it with plain water, btw. The skin is dark red about the size of a quarter.
>>
>>3753019
Any fleas? My sister's cat ripped a pretty big gash in its neck because allergies were driving it nuts.
>>
>>3752458
>Im not real worried per se
you should be. Cats carry gram negative bacteria in their saliva and claws. Even a small fear swipe from a cat can kill your snake komodo dragon style. Find the snake, take it to a vet
>>
File: IMG_20210407_190201.jpg (79 KB, 544x960)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
Opinions on longhair orange tabby? People on my street posted this guy for adoption.
>>
>>3753100
orange cats are all batshit
but longhair on a ginger can look really regal. Get him if you're interested
>>
File: cat3.jpg (65 KB, 438x750)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>tfw just had to cut an escape route out of the fabric underside of my bed's mattress support
what the fuck is it with cats and shoving themselves into the most contrived of areas
>>
>>3753100
tabbies get fat, make sure you don't overfeed him
>>
>>3753118
I knew there was something up when I google image searched long hair orange tabby and they were all fat.
>>
>>3753206
no they dont. Cats get fat because most people feed them kibble. Your cat is only ever as fat as you make it. If it seems like its tabbies that are always fat, consider that tabby is the most common coat type for cats
>>
a coup𝅶le days ago my ol𝅶𝅶d cat was sle𝅶eping pe𝅶acefully then all of a sudden she did about 5 ba𝅶rrel rol𝅶ls on the bed in quick succe𝅶ssion and stopped when I grabbed her. she then ca𝅶me to her sens𝅶es m𝅶ostly. Was it just a r𝅶eally inten𝅶se dr𝅶e𝅶am? Should I be conc𝅶erned? It looked l𝅶ike a seiz𝅶ure for a sec𝅶ond
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGtOFtx1oRg
>>
Just found /r/illegallysmolcats and I literally can't even
>>
>>3753320
well if she stopped when you grabbed her then it wasnt a seizure i think
>>
>>3752800
I'm so sorry anon, he was an handsome cat.

>>3753320
Seizures when cats sleep seem unlikely, probably an intense dream.
>>
>>3752781
I don't think "masterbaiting" is the right word for that, it's more like when a baby sucks on a binky. Also I do think it's caused by being separated from the mother so you're probably right about that, I'm not sure though so you'll probably have to do your research about that.
>>
>>3752552
>how can people stand to do such a thing?
they are villagers, the people who kill pigs and other animals on their own. they are also poor usually, poverty goes in pair with cruelty

>>3752555
>i don't have the stomach to even shoot shit that's attacking.
are you talking about pitbulls?
>>
>>3753019
she might have gotten bit, or a tick bite or something that caused an infection, and cats get super tons of puss whenever anything punctures their skin. it's probably not as bad as it looks, and it doesn't look that bad compared to what i've seen. do still keep the vet appointment, rinse the wound with clean water. does she go outside unattended?
>>
>>3753100
orange bois are super lovey more often than other cats. he looks soooooo special! I love him. If you don't get him I will
remember that kittens are annoying though, for a very long time
>>
>>3753078
>>3752458
Found the snake, it was in the radiator. Doesn't look like either he nor the cats have any damage but ill take them to be safe.

Though my cats are still a little spooked. Any good way to soothe them or is it best to just be calm and wait and they'll go back to normal when they realize there's no snake any more?
>>
>>3753609
well, just generally speaking really. there was a dog attacking once, part pitbull. couldn't pull the trigger. second time was a fox, couldn't do it.

lost my nerve for some reason. shot a dog before, didn't really bother me that much. but i just can't handle the thought of that life fading anymore.
>>
Are black cats more confident than lighter cats? I have both and the black is very confident while the lighter one is very timid. I suspect it's because the black cat can easily hide in any darkness while the light cat is very visible. Cats want to be able to hide instinctually so I think their behavior may be related to their color and general visibility.
>>
>>3753626
He's 8 weeks, what age should I be looking for if I want to have a deep(er?) bond but want to avoid a good deal of insanity?
>>
Bros my pregnant cat just excreted this white slime from her cunt. Apparently this happens when they are gonna give birth within a few hours. She's like 2-3 weeks early though. Any tips?
>>
>>3752842
He does kneading while he does it and purrs really loudly so I think he has a few wires crossed. I didn't ask my vet, I will next time, thanks for the advice.

>>3753604
Well, TMI but he gets a boner and licks it when he does it so I think it is some form of masturbating. I've never seen another cat masturbate though so I don't know how it compares.
>>
>>3752440
My cat acts like an adult outside and around strangers but with friends and family this old lady behaves like a 16week old kitten that just sleeps way too much.
>>
>>3753872
As long as he's growing up around friendly humans you can wait. It might take some years to form a deep bond but the starting age doesn't matter.
For best chances of a stable personality I'd wait until he's 12w, for some lessons in polite behavior 16w.
>>
File: IMG_20210112_151727.jpg (2.42 MB, 2304x4608)
2.42 MB
2.42 MB JPG
I have a question about tail chasing. We adopted out lady about 6 months ago. She has recently started chasing her tail more regularly.

We have been playing with her more recently partly because she's been more playful in general bringing balls and shoe laces to us to play.

We think she is somewhere between 1-2 years old. She still seems kitten like at times. I was wondering how normal it is. I don't want her to be bored.
>>
So my cat is sick, I'm not sure what the fuck he has.
>He feels pain when you touch him
>Yesterday he licked his ass a lot
>Can't urinate
>Drools
>Recently when I went to pet him he let out a cry and peed at the same time
Currently taking him to the vet, but this is fucking weird.
>>
File: 20210408_180048.jpg (855 KB, 2036x1152)
855 KB
855 KB JPG
Update on Sam's eye: pics taken this afternoon. I can't figure out whether the (supposedly) bird claw has partially fallen out and the eye is reverting to normal. The eyeball doesn't look injured or infected, and he isn't squinting it nor it is watery like the few past days.
What do you think?
I haven't given up on catching him. Even if there is a positive turn of events where the eye heals itself I still want a vet to visit him.
>>
>>3754135
bladder stones. There are rocks in his urethra most likely. Go quickly because blockage from that can rupture the bladder. Its a shitty way to die

When your cat recovers, stop feeding it kibble. Wet food only
>>
File: 20210406_212513~2.jpg (1.35 MB, 2448x3264)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB JPG
Y'all miss me?
>>
>>3753906
Is this your first pregnant cat? In that case you need an expert to guide you, ask a vet.

>>3753985
Tail chasing is very common among kittens, but it's not like adult cats don't do it. I spotted my old cat doing it a few times when he jumped on top of the bookcase.
Sure it can be a sign of a cat being bored, however if you play with her regularly every day you don't need to be worried about her exhibiting 'weird' playful behaviors.
>>
File: 20210406_212342~2.jpg (1.41 MB, 2448x3264)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB JPG
>>
File: 20210406_214230.jpg (1.4 MB, 3264x2448)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB JPG
>>
File: IMG-20210405-WA0003.jpg (162 KB, 1200x1600)
162 KB
162 KB JPG
>>3754208
Thanks. I've been a bit worrier it may be hyperesthesia. She has hissed at her tail a couple of times and when she sees it wagging some times she swipes at it.

I've not seen any skin rippling which seems to be a bit sign. I'm a rather paranoid cat parent and she hates the vet. It really stresses her out. Its a constant mental battle of me wanting to get her checked up to make sure everthing is ok and not wanting to needlessly put her in her carry case and stress her out.

She is the sweetest thing in the world, just want to make sure she is ok
>>
bump
>>
File: 20210408_231529.jpg (1.74 MB, 3264x2448)
1.74 MB
1.74 MB JPG
Look what I just picked
>>
I'm sad I'm allergic and can never have or work with cats.
>>
File: 20210408_231534.jpg (1.58 MB, 3264x2448)
1.58 MB
1.58 MB JPG
>>3754550
>>
>wait 4 months for company to send someone out to fix something here
>guy comes in and bails a few minutes later without doing anything because he realizes we have cats and he's allergic

The fuck? Am I out of line in thinking this company are fucking idiots for not having asked at any point before this "hey do you have any cats in the house?" so we could make accommodations or they can send someone else? How they gotta waste everybody's time like this and have him just come out and discover this when he gets here? Surely it's not that uncommon to run into houses with cats that they wouldn't think to check...

What a pain...
>>
File: 20210402_162338.jpg (2.52 MB, 3898x2899)
2.52 MB
2.52 MB JPG
>>3754596
You're not
>>
>>3753764
You can just fire into air
>>
>>3752552
Can regular people spay on their own?
>>3754596
You cant just put the cats in a room for some time?
>>
>>3754666
I could have... if he'd asked or given any indication before he left that it was an issue.

Honestly not too familiar with cat allergy or whether the dander in the air would be an issue even if I lock up all the cats prior to his arrival but yeah he basically gave no opportunity to prepare or accommodate in any way really...
>>
>>3754596
Whatever it is, fix it yourself.
>>
>>3754658
That's actually more illegal than shooting into the ground.
You don't know where that bullet is going to land; reckless discharge of a firearm.
I'm kinda an expert in this field, not going to explain exactly in which manner...
>>
>>3754666
Neutering a male is easy, spaying is waaaaaayyyy more difficult.
>>
https://youtu.be/msgEvWi1reU
>>
>>3753019
My old cat exploded a necrotic cyst all over my face and pillow one night. I couldn't take him to the vet right away so I did my best cleaning the wound by myself. I then failed the test I had the next morning cause I spent all night worried sick.
>>
>>3753019
Was likely from your cat scratching their ear a ton and causing a wound to abscess, anon. Not too serious, they'll likely prescribe some silver sulfadine or some other antibiotic for a week or so, possibly some oral antibiotics if it's bad.

The vet should probably check for earmites, though. If your cat's scratching into its ear like that, there's usually a reason why.
>>
What breed could my late cat be? I always thought he was mixed with something because he was very fluffy and big. This is when he was younger
>>
>>3755316
Can’t find any good quality pictures as it was long ago
>>
Apartment indoor cats will never know this feel
>>
>>3754658
from all my experiences, loud noises don't do shit to deter an attacking animal.
i've got an air rifle that, if shot without a pellet in it, cracks louder than my .22lr. tried using that several times to scare dogs and shit, never works.
>>
>>3754558
You could build unique cat trees and sell them.
>>
>>3755348
Probably. He was just so pretty and floofy that I wondered if he was mixed with some other breed.
>>
>>3752440
they don't think they are small kittens, they just never had to grow up, so they continue an extended kitten hood thanks to our good graces. I love them for it, they keep me young too
>>
Is it racist to call a cat a "Maine Coon"
>>
>>3753872
3~5 years if you want to skip the high energy years. I tend to prefer older cats but ended up with a kitten due to circumstance. He's a good boy and we've met in the middle, but I'd be getting a lot less workouts if I'd gone with an 8+ year old cat. more vet visits the older they get though
>>
>>3753909
I once groomed the shit out of an 18 year old cat that came into my shelter. He was covered in fleas and flea dirt, and all his fur was matted. I gently shaved him with an electric safety razor, cleaned up all the dirt, and gave that old man an unintentional boner in doing so. I'm a big weirdo but I kinda felt good, like he probably hadn't felt that good in years and I might have just added another year onto his life

cat boner csb
>>
>>3754135
possible blockage, when was the last time he peed? if he hasn't peed in a day EMERGENCY VET NOW
>>
>>3754183
keep at it, as long as his eye looks this good he'll be ok. I can see more clearly that yes there is something there, like you said some sortof claw. For a vet it should be simple to remove, better safe than sorry. Hope you catch him soon, keep us posted. you may need to try a different trap (perhaps a drop trap). They get smart about traps
>>
>>3754204
nope
>>
>>3754666
>Can regular people spay on their own?
no you need a vet. Where I live someone (who isn't a vet) did set up a low cost spay neuter clinic. I don't know details, these things tend to be a matter of money and networking though. It could be a good place for vet students to get a start, or for vets to do some charity work. But no, lay people should not spay their fucking cats oh my god no
>>
>>3755316
very beautiful domestic long hair. maybe some main coon, but most cats are mutts, which is good
>>
>>3753764
Did you get attacked by a pitbull? How did you survive?
>>
>>3755586
You missed the kitty though
>>
>>3755591
You might be right

My current cat is a Norwegian forest, similar to Maine coon. He’s a majestic boy
>>
>>3755719
Big 15kg boy
>>
>>3755653
chihuahua got attacked. was a pit-mutt, junkyard dog. cat saved his ass by attacking the mutt from behind, spooked him enough to make him run away briefly.
he left the yard without finishing the attack, thankfully.
>>
I hate that I can't let my cat outside where I live without being worried about him being stolen and killed for food. Happens to way too many cats around here.
>>
>>3755818
who even eats cats wtf
>>
>>3755848
China?
>>
Is looking into making homemade cat food worth it? Or am I better off just finding a decent commercial brand?
>>
File: DSC_15722.jpg (1.75 MB, 1315x986)
1.75 MB
1.75 MB JPG
>>
>>3755818
Best to keep him at home. My old cat would come back injured a lot. Our neighbors cats sometimes don’t come home and it seems stressful. If you have a garden make it an enclosed cattery
>>
>>3755316
Could be Norwegian forest cat
>>
>>3756162
He definitely had the size and face shape, but wasn’t that furry and no typical wegie traits like ear tufts

But yes he looks so much like one that my new cat’s (who is a Norwegian forest) meows and face remind me of him.
>>
>>3753764
why would you want to kill a fox?
>>
>>3756105
Both, homemade food can be the best cost/qualty deal but just in case you can't anymore, fuck up something or the cat has to stay at another place like a vet clinic for a while it's better to also feed a few good commercial brands every week.
>>
>>3752461
Me too anon.
It's been 5 years already but I still think about her every single day.
>>
>>3756105
I think it's better to it yourself, I don't know of any brand that makes cat based food in the western world. Make sure to feed them well and vaccine them so that you don't get any illnesses
>>
My two retards.
>>
File: IMG_20210325_170112659.jpg (291 KB, 1024x768)
291 KB
291 KB JPG
>>3756713
>>
>>3756652
killed a couple of the neighbor's chickens. they roam around our yard sometimes, and i don't like something killing shit in my yard.
used to have some chickens myself, which were killed by foxes, opossums, and coyotes over the years.
>>
>>3756714
They look so soft
>>
>>3756714
I bet it's fun to watch them "fight"
>>
File: 20201229_113348.jpg (3.68 MB, 4032x3024)
3.68 MB
3.68 MB JPG
bombay
>>
File: 20191125_164920.jpg (3.27 MB, 4032x3024)
3.27 MB
3.27 MB JPG
His name is Artemis and I miss him so much
>>
File: 20210410_162022.jpg (1.78 MB, 2560x1440)
1.78 MB
1.78 MB JPG
>>3755580
Good news: I caught him this morning! Look at how relaxed he is now in the cat tree, it's like he had never really left my house when I brought him here to neuter him. He's so sweet and meek.
I have an appointment with the vet in less than 2 hours.
>>
>>3756781
Black cats are handsome
>>
File: IMG_20201008_215524749.jpg (271 KB, 768x1024)
271 KB
271 KB JPG
>>3756755
They are. So much in fact that the dense, but light hair from the gray one combine with the coarser hair of the white one aggregate into some kind of felt that regularly clog my vacuum cleaner. I'm in the market for the Vacuum cleaner equivalent of the Death Star.

>>3756778
It's usually extremely lazy.
>>
File: 20210410_151218.jpg (1.86 MB, 2448x3264)
1.86 MB
1.86 MB JPG
Gave her some higher tier food (of the same brand) because the usual one was out of stock and her fur is now smoother. I wonder how smooth it'll be now after a bath. Seems like top tier food isn't a meme, and it's not really expensive to keep since it's just one cat and she eats very little
>>
File: 20210410_150900.jpg (2.11 MB, 3264x2448)
2.11 MB
2.11 MB JPG
>>3756987
>>
>>3756786
Lil cutie
Looks like a very sweet cat
>>
>>3756828
Yin and yang, pretty kots
>>
>>3757002
Hitlerina is both ying and yang.
>>
>>3756828
>Honey, it's not what it looks like
>>
File: Snapchat-769094731~2.jpg (117 KB, 831x1273)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
what breed is my cat? she's about 7 lbs and 4 years old, my brother found her as a stray after her previous owners died.
>>
>>3757012
yeah but we see her 30 times a week
>>
>>3757061
Not my fault, barely post 10 pics a week
>>
File: IMG_20210410_130647.jpg (79 KB, 1080x611)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>
My neighbor's cat comes around to my house when the balcony door is open. Today he took a nap on my table. I love this sweety so much
>>
>>3757036
Im not sure about breed but looks pretty fucking based to me
>>
File: Snapchat-952417964.jpg (541 KB, 1080x2078)
541 KB
541 KB JPG
>>3757183
thank you, here's another pic
>>
Cat pissed at plastic bags with food after mom arrived from the supermarket
Should I worry about her health or about it happening again
>>
>cat sits on my lap
>Now I can't jerk off or she hiss at penis
>>
>>3756987
It's so more silky and smooth it's crazy
>>
My 12 year old cat has had a nasal issue for the past years where he would sometimes lay close to the floor and have some sort of rhythmic coughing spree. He would also sometimes breathe heavier like his nose was stuffed. I never thought much of it and brought it up to the vet but they never found anything and said it could be herpes and gave some supplements to help, but I never thought it was because he had none of the other symptoms. Recently however his symptoms have gotten worse, he sneezes more often, will often blow air through his nose like it's blocked up and will shake his head often as well. Any idea what it could be or what could be done?
>>
Would you give su𝅶pplements to a seni𝅶le cat? Does anyt𝅶hing he𝅶lp?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v11t_n4Dhvg
>>
If your cat is suddenly moody and scratching for no reason is this a pretty good sign that they're in pain?
>>
>>3757215
>pissed
What did she do? Maybe she didn't like the sound of the bags, or some smell coming from it?
>>3757536
You need a better vet who is willing to perform a thorough check-up. I wish your cat the best.
>>3757807
If they are in pain they tend to hide and sleep.
>>
>>3757999
She just sat over it and pissed calmly. What's the right word, pee'd?
>>
>>3753019
If you let your cat outside and you moved from Wi to LA there are a ton more strays and other animals with horrific inner city diseases.
>>
>>3758003
"pissed at" implies anger, you're looking for "pissed on" or "pissed in", my ESL friend.
>>
>>3758030
>"pissed at" implies anger
That's what I feared, thanks for the clarification
>>
>>3758003
If pissing on objects that aren't the litter box becomes a regular habit, it could be a behavioral issue, or worse she could have UTI. No reason to panic now, anon. Make sure to scoop and clean the box often (cats are fussy and don't want a dirty toilet).
>>
>>3757124
Context?
>>
>>3752430
that's from Ocarina of Time isn't it?
>>
File: 20210410_202825.jpg (198 KB, 1140x1030)
198 KB
198 KB JPG
>>3756805
Sam is fine. The shit that got stuck in the left eye wasn't a bird or a cat's claw (I swear I'm not retarded because it 100% looked like one) but his fucking third eyelid that got slashed, presumably by another cat, and sticked out until it "readjusted" itself some days later.
He's lucky the cornea wasn't injured, his eye is just a bit infected and I'm giving him antibiotic eye drops and anti-inflammatory pills.
Vet suggested a surgery to stitch the eyelid since it has like a V-shaped cut and it may cause teary eyes as well as being annoying for him in the future. The cost of the surgery isn't THAT high and thankfully my neighbors are willing to help to split the bill, since it's a beloved stray cat we all feed and take care of, so I'm glad we can see the end of this pretty soon and without losing much money.
I'll be worried as fuck when I have to release him again, why did something like that happened to him? He's neutered and other cats should ignore him.
>>
I love my kitty cat more than anything in the whole world.
>>
File: DSC_15766.jpg (1.12 MB, 1365x1024)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB JPG
>>
File: pepe.gif (1.87 MB, 750x750)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB GIF
Had to give my cat up and rehome her today, bros. She showed up to my house a couple of years ago and adopted me. I fed and chilled with her every day, and now she's not here anymore. She was the cat that turned me from a dog person to a cat person. I'm so fucking depressed.
>>
>>3758551
He's a cute fella. Glad to hear he's doing good, anon.
>>
>>3758551
The neutered 15+ year old cat ladies in my neighbourhood fight hard every other week or so and they seem to like it. A rival is the next best thing to a friend I guess.
>>
I've been spending the last week trying to teach my new 1yo kots they aren't going to get any food from the table, because the former owner thought it was cute when they ate with the family.
Damn, they are tenacious little furballs.
>>
File: canstockphoto7271927.jpg (90 KB, 800x690)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
Sup /kot/. What do you feed your kot? Do any of you have recommendations for a grain-free wet cat food accessible to eurofags? I'm looking at Animonda Carny which you can buy on Zooplus but I'd like to hear any anons opinions on cat food in general. I'd like to give my cat a homemade raw diet eventually but for me that involves buying a meat grinder and a freezer so I'm putting it off for the moment. I heard it's a good idea to try them on commercial grain-free/raw food first anyway.
>>
>>3752384
My cat keeps raising her ass up and making "mmrrpp" noises is she in heat or just acting silly?
>>
>>3753100
TAKE HIM
DONT BE A COWARD
>>
A cat was put down 2 days ago.
It had a slow genetical decease that was non-operable.
It is dead now.
It was technically my cat, but it lived with my mom because she has a more rural house.
Should I advise my mom to NOT get a new pet?
Get a new cat? (I have to feed the cat at least once every week)
Get a new dog? (She can bring the dog with her to other locations.)
She is old and rich, and has only owned pure bred dogs and cats before.
>>
>>3759540
She wants you to lick it
Before you kick it
Gotta get it soft and wet
So you can kick it
>>
File: 20210412_090648.jpg (2.96 MB, 3264x2448)
2.96 MB
2.96 MB JPG
Outdoor kitty

>>3759484
I give her Quatree Supreme para gatos castrados.
>>
>>3759588
Bump:
Wait some time.
Cat.
Dog.
Or no pet for a long time?
>>
>>3759159
Any chance to get another soon?
>>
File: 2021-04-12-23-36-52.jpg (1.5 MB, 2560x1920)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB JPG
This is my cat, he's pretty old.
>>
Would you adopt a tiger cub given the chance?
>>
>>3759761
Whats up with that growth. Its blocking his vision
>>
Just got a 7 week old kitten bros, but she doesn't stop hiding. She's sleeping under my bed but refuses to venture out. She tried to explore the room a bit before but nearly shat herself at her own reflection. Can cats be autistic about mirrors?
>>
File: Fred huh.jpg (20 KB, 531x467)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>Been feeding a stray cat for well over a month now
>Gotten really friendly with me, will sometimes hide in the bushes but will always meow at me and eventually come out if I talk to it
>Saw it coming into the driveway today, waved and said hi
>It turned around, bolted across the road, and jumped into the overgrowth on the other side like it saw a ghost
>Wouldn't come out at all when I called to it, didn't even meow in response like normal
The fuck was that about?
>>
She loves me more because I gave her a bath
>>
File: 20210412_223151~2.jpg (1.27 MB, 2448x3264)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB JPG
Kitty Kat
>>
>>3759895
Took my adopted 6 year old cat at least 2 weeks before he stopped hiding from me, just give it time.
>>
Rate my cat
>>
>>3759895
How many days have it been?
I placed my two new cats in a room with their stuff, expecting them to stay there a couple of days before they'd venture out. It hadn't been 2 minutes and they were already all over the house.
It only took a day before they started wanting to be petted by me.
I can't wait until I can let them out in the garden in a couple of weeks. I've been spreading their droppings along the perimeter of my ground, so it's already kind of marked for them when they are let out.
>>
>>3759932
As we say in my country: A cat is a flipped bird on four legs.
>>
>>3760068
10/10, post more
>>
>>3760068
Floofer/floof
>>
>>3760132
>>
For both of my cats, when I pet them, as my hand passes their hip, they sort of fluff out their fur along their back in a wavelike pattern. Is there a reason why they do this? Are my cats just retarded out do most cats do this?
I tried googling this, but I couldn't figure out how to word it in a way that got any worthwhile results.
>>
I got a big grey cat a few months ago and he's kinda warmed up to me, but he never approaches me for attention, he never purrs, and he's not a lap kinda guy. He's super docile and will let me pick him up and has never been aggressive, but he always moves away if I pet him for more than a few seconds, so I don't push it. He doesn't really seem to like toys much. How do I know if he's happy? He's kind of a mystery to me right now.
>>
File: IMG_20210406_013509_275.jpg (551 KB, 1620x1620)
551 KB
551 KB JPG
Just happened to adopt this lil bastard right before corona-chan made her debut, and I honestly have no idea what I would have done this last year without him. He's the only reason I smile some days.

Got a question tho. Vet says he's not overweight but he has a HELL of a stomach pooch. Anything to be concerned about?
>>
>>3760169

I actually read in an article last week that cats develop a stomach pouch as they get older, but it's not like they have a homer simpson gut and are fat. Instead, they have that pouch so that its loose skin and it protects their organs from a predator in a fight. so if a predator is stupid enough to go for the cats stomach the cat can just slash the fuck out of the predator while the predator gets the loose skin pouch and no vital organs.

i used to think my cat was getting fat but it was really just the pouch.
>>
>>3760186
I read something similar but I've just never seen one on a cat that actually hit his knees like an old woman's tits.
It's so fun to squish though and looks hilarious in motion.
>>
>>3760169
Look up "primordial pouch". it's fine.
My male cat looks like an old female who had something like twelve litters, it's pretty funny.
>>
want to get a black kitten

advice?
>>
>>3760210
Get one
>>
>>3759815
I know :( I don't know what it is, and I'm afraid he wouldn't survive the surgery.
>>
File: Snapchat-1964542860.jpg (1.62 MB, 1546x3043)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB JPG
>>3760201
Awesome, I'll continue to slap it around when he demands belly rubs then
>>
File: IMG_20210413_093428.jpg (2.97 MB, 2774x2083)
2.97 MB
2.97 MB JPG
>>
File: nomimi.jpg (2.79 MB, 3110x3112)
2.79 MB
2.79 MB JPG
She purrs everytiem.
>>
>>3760211
yeah but evaluate the pros and cons for me i don’t know how cats works what should i feed it
>>
>>3760222
Did you ask a vet? I bet would love you if you could give him that extra 15% of his vision back
>>
>>3760251
>How cat works
They don't. They're lazy. Pro is that you don't need to give them a wage, con is that they go to the doc more often than you and it's not taken care by social security or healthcare.
>What should I feed it
When you go buy stuff at the grocery store or supermarket, they have an alley for pets. They have wet food that look like spam or paté and solid food that look like crackers but in small pieces. It's meh when you taste it but they seem to like it.
>>
>>3760251
The pros are that they're cute, can be funny, and if you're lucky cuddly.
The cons are that they're demanding dumbfucks who will always do what they want to do no matter what you want. They are shitty communicators and you will frequently be confused and frustrated by what they fuck they want or why they're doing things. They will not conform to you. You have to conform to them.
Caring for cats is easy. Wet food is better than dry. Toys are cheap. Leave lots of soft stuff around for them to sleep in. Scoop the box a couple times a day. Clean it once every week or two depending on the litter. Make sure there's lots of places for them to climb up to and that they can look out windows. Buy a couple scratching posts or boards so they don't fuck up your shit.
Good luck and I hope your cat likes you.
>>
>>3760264
He has kidney and liver problems, the surgery is possible but his chances are not great according to the vet. He also has a similar growth on the top of his head, though it's less prominent. I never paid for the biopsy but I think the poor guy has skin cancer.
>>
>>3760286
might get one when i’m older. don’t know how that’s going to work out with my budgie (that i’m getting tomorrow). i heard you could use some kind of pine litter and buy it in bulk so it’s cheaper, and that if they see other cats outside it may make them insecure and make them spray more often and aggressive, and that toys are good because they get rid of their energy that would typically be used for hunting (i watched a couple of jaxon galaxy videos).

i can read basic body language for other animals like horses, dogs and birds but i’m very afraid of getting bitten or attacked by literally anything so cat claws and teeth scare me
>>
>>3756737
well, fox is more sentient than chicken so it is more immoral to kill a fox than to kill a chicken
>>
>>3753852
I have 4 cats and the black one is definitely the shy one who prefers observing from hiding to actually participating.
>>
File: 712KJ3fpk6L.jpg (160 KB, 1500x1500)
160 KB
160 KB JPG
>>3759484
My cats eat Farmina N&D chicken and pomegranate for neutered cats, I've been feeding them with it for more that 4 years now.
>>
>>3759588
First off tell her to wait some time and meditate if getting or not another pet.
>>
>>3759762
Only for use as a fleshlight
>>
>>3760162
Isn't that because they like to be patted on that spot? Hips, back, near the tail. I can't envision the "wavelike" pattern of the fur if I think about mine.

>>3760163
It's not that he's not happy, that is just how he is. Some cats are sociable, some are shy.
Insist with the toys until you find one he likes. I recommend a cat tree.
>>
File: 20210412_224829.jpg (1.39 MB, 2448x3264)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB JPG
>>
File: 20210412_225446.jpg (1.51 MB, 3264x2448)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB JPG
>>
File: 20210413_090059.jpg (3.27 MB, 2811x3774)
3.27 MB
3.27 MB JPG
Kitty meditating with the plants
>>
>>
>>3753320
Anon I think you had a seizure writing this.
>>
>>3755719
This image has the same message as your cat sends now.
>>
>>3759932
Maybe someone else scared it now its more cautious
>>
>>3758030
>my ESL friend
I'm brazilian hee hee hee
>>
>>3760363
Oh shit, do cats need special food if they are neutered?

I've just been feeding mine the normal kind all along...
>>
File: unnamed (2).jpg (36 KB, 321x512)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
TL;DR version: I want to get myself a cat, which breed is beginner friendly/low maintenance and somewhat intelligent? From my research I lean towards Sphinx cats.
Full rundown version for better context, in greentext format for convenience:
>25 year old, never had any friends or relationships, lonely as fuck, mentally ill
>Want to get an animal (I don't do good with humans) to fight off loneliness and give me a reason not to pull the trigger
>With dogs I'd have to leave my apartment 3 times daily and pick up his shit, I don't have the energy for that, not after my shit full-time apprenticeship where minimum wage laws don't apply
>Think it is time to get a cat instead
>Cats are just chilling at home, don't have to leave my apartment
>Look a bit into cats
>Cats shit and piss indoors but they have their own toilet, I could clean that daily no problem
>Sometimes they scratch furniture, but I could buy him a scratch tree for that
>But they leave hair everywhere, I could see that this may be annoying, I don't know if you could just vacuum them away or they get tangled in the carpet
>See Sphinx cats don't have hair, you just need to shower them regularly, no problem
>Very expensive to buy but ok
>They're kinda ugly, but so am I, no problem here
>Also all sources say they are intelligent and like their owner if he treats them right (I will)
>Look up cats intelligence and empathy level
>Very high variation, some sources say cats are beneath dogs, some say equal, some say better (a lot of shitflinging between dog and cat websites too, like this is politics or something), I don't know
>Already plan to put my higher salary into good cat food and toys and toilet, but still need to do more research
Pretty sure I forgot a few things along the way, but this is the current situation.
>>
>>3760714
God damn, they are way more expensive than I thought. Probably the price got raised because of Corona or something? It wasn't 1200-1500€ last time I checked but it is now. Maybe I look for an alternative after all.
>>
File: ty.jpg (134 KB, 810x1080)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
My buddy Tyson got hit by a car last night (on my birthday) and his life ended. He was two years old and loved catching mice and getting up on our highest shelves. Say something nice about him
>>
>>3760764
When he ascends to the afterlife the gods will grant him self awareness and he will blame you for his death.
>>
>>3760775
If that happens he can suck my fat one. I tried keeping the motherfucker in some nights but he'd keep me up until I let him out.

I'll miss that guy. He didnt take no shit
>>
>>3760714
why do you want a pure breed?
also consider the money for medical care a cat will need over it's life time, including emergency vet visits. Also I don't think a cat you have to bathe regularly would be a good find for a first time owner. Consider a middle aged shelter cat. They'll have lower energy levels, be content to just chill with you, be happy as hell that they're out of the shelter. If you volunteer at a shelter you'll learn a lot about the cats there, like their personality, things that really can't be communicated if you're just looking to adopt from the outside (most shelter's can't keep full psych profiles on each cat, it's not like they're hiding anything, they just don't know and can't predict how a cat will be in a home)
some cats shed more than others, you get used to it. If you brush them regularly (much easier than bathing!) it'll keep shed hairs low and strengthen your bond (it should feel good for them)
>>
>>3758347
Yes, Kotake and Koume’s theme
>>
>>3760363
>for neutered cats
the fuck is this marketing meme?
>>
>>3760712
it's probably just lower calories, no you don't need special food for neutered cats. Maybe it makes sense in the context if their product line (if they focus on special pure breeds or some dumb shit), but on the face of it it looks like dumb marketing segmentation
>>
>>3760790
no its theme song of little grey cat
>>
I gotta vent for a second
>live in a 'trendy' urban neighborhood where every other person has a dog
>dogs are constantly barking day and night
>if two people walking their dogs pass each other on the street the dogs will go nuts and try to attack each other while the people talk about how great their dogs are
>Sunday mornings are auditory hell because absolutely everyone walks their dogs at the same time
>roommate's dog will start scream-barking if he even thinks anyone is near our front door or if a car door slams
>friends' dogs will all do the exact same
>every morning I am woken up by screaming dogs as soon as the morning commute crowd start getting into their cars
>every night I am woken up by screaming dogs as people get late-night pizza deliveries
>dog shit everywhere
>roommate's dog has pissed everywhere because he's a nervous mess from being surrounded by other barking dogs
>meanwhile
>my cat is chill as all fuck
>completely unfazed by all the dogs
>just wants to purr on the couch and play with the laser pointer
>got him a leash because he even likes going on walks
>worst things he's ever done are knock stuff over when he's hungry and pee outside the litter box when he had a UTI
I just don't get it. I fucking love cats so much. You get the same amount of affection and companionship for 1/10 the hassle of a dog. I'm considering moving way out to the suburbs just so my cat and I can live in peace.
>>
>>3760789
>why do you want a pure breed?
I still haven't looked up on breeding types, I don't know about all of that.
>also consider the money for medical care a cat will need over it's life time, including emergency vet visits.
This one's a weird one as well, because the numbers vary so damn much, I've read anything from a few hundred in the entire lifetime to several thousands of euros in just one year.
>Also I don't think a cat you have to bathe regularly would be a good find for a first time owner.
I just thought it'd be a trade-off for not having to vacuum hair away.
>Consider a middle aged shelter cat. They'll have lower energy levels, be content to just chill with you, be happy as hell that they're out of the shelter.
I thought about this too. But I HATE it when people say they "saved" an animal and then it's a blue-eyed, white husky or something. One of my teachers is exactly like that, this is where I got that example. I just think "bitch, you know damn well he had like 300 potential buyers, you didn't save shit, the ones you really could've saved, you didn't even look at them". So if I get a shelter cat, I'll get some fat, ugly dude I just know for sure, nobody will buy and he will end in death row otherwise and give him a good life before he dies. But my worry is, those come with 1000€ doctor appointments, if they are old and sick. I am finished with my apprenticeship in August and will get more money, but I am also going to work a 30 hour week to have more free time, fuck that soul draining full time shit. Still, that is a lot of money for me.
Working in a shelter is currently not an option, like I said, full-time apprenticeship + final tests coming up.
>some cats shed more than others, you get used to it. If you brush them regularly (much easier than bathing!) it'll keep shed hairs low and strengthen your bond (it should feel good for them)
Of course I will brush them to keep them clean and healthy, but I'll look into cats that don't shed as much.
>>
>>3760797
Sounds like big city hell to me. To soulless NPCs dogs are nothing more than an accessory, to put in cute clothes and post on social media for attention and likes and then pat themselfes on the back for being a good person that takes care of the dog. From the noise alone I would have to move away, I need peace. Imagine paying hubdreds if not thousands of dollars and you can't even sleep at night.
>>
>>3760797
Now I understand why my city has a problem of baits with razor blades in them...
>>
File: Moomin sad.jpg (92 KB, 1024x1024)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>3759932
>Saw the same cat at the bottom of the driveway today
>Said hi to it again
>It turned around and bolted into the bushes, wouldn't come out or meow when I called to it
The heck happened? Just two days ago it'd come right up to me and let me pet and scratch it, now it seems terrified of me and won't let me get within 100 feet of it.
>>
>>3760825
Perhaps it had a bad experience with someone and now is untrusting towards humand
>>
>>3760829
That's whack, I just want to give it food and pet it a bit. It's really sweet and purrs like crazy when you pet it, hope it wasn't some asshole.
>>
>>3760804
>I HATE it when people say they "saved" an animal
I'm with you on that one, but you don't have to join in the self adulation crowd. I just think middle aged cats are neat and they're often young enough that they don't have big health issues, often overlooked because they're not kittens, less maitenence

your young kitten will eventually come with $1000 doctor appointments too. The other nice thing about an older cat is they're maybe a 10 year committment (or even 5) instead of 15 to 20 years (life can change a lot over 5 years)

now depending on the shelter (I don't know what shelters are like in your area), but if they're good they'll know if they have health issues up front and tell you (my shelter makes very clear and we are careful when screening adopters to match special needs cats to those capable of taking care of them), but some places (like the human society here in the states) tend to take the "get 'em out of here" approach. If you're concerned about what kind of cat you're getting, look for shelters that are a little more "choosy", informative, and don't let you take the animal home the same day
>>
>>3760833
he got scared by something or someone. give him time and treats, hopefully he isn't injured and he should come around
>>
>>3760847
Yeah I left some treats outside the door, hope it comes by and eats them. It knows I live here and it must be expecting me to be around, the fact that it still comes by gives me hope at least.
>>
>>3759932
>>3760825
>few years ago
>live in Wisconsin
>start making friends with a local stray
>won't let me get close but will accept food if I leave it out and rolls around in my driveway every now and again
>winter hits
>stop seeing cat
>figure someone either picked it up or it found a place to ride out the cold
>one day we get a major snowstorm then at night the temperature fucking tanks
>something like -20 or -30 degrees and the wind has blown a snow berm all the way up to my windowsill
>look outside
>see the stray cat in my yard plodding through the snow
>run outside to try to get it
>just goes sprinting away into the night
>never see it again
>>
File: 1612988275953.jpg (37 KB, 466x349)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>3760853
jesus fucking christ
>>
>>3760853
Fuck dude, that's rough.
>>
>>3760825
Think I finally figured it out, there's some swallows that have started to nest near the house and I just watched one divebomb the cat, freaked it the hell out. Why do swallows have to be dicks bros
>>
are there any good cat towers like this that aren't just cheap particle board that will just fall apart
>>
>>3760764
RIP Tyson. I hope he died quickly and peacefully.
>>
File: 1602620302155.png (2.12 MB, 1375x936)
2.12 MB
2.12 MB PNG
My boy sunbathing, he does that every day when the sun starts creeping in. The reflection blinds me but he looks so comfy I leave the curtains open for him.

>>3760251
>>3760297
Cats are pretty low maintenance, as long as you give him food, fresh water and clean its litter once a day it'll be happy. You can pet it or play with it if he's a fan of that, no need to get expensive toys either, most of the time cats will be more than happy with some length of string or kicking literal garbage around. As for what other anon said about food, wet food is better but only if it's the nutritious kind (not that friskies, whiskas or fancy feast garbage), otherwise you can get some cheap dry food.

As for a cat defending itself don't be afraid of that, a cat will give plenty of warning like hissing, growling, etc if he's actually mad so if he does any of that just stop whatever is pissing him off. I get scratched sometimes while playing with mine but that's mostly because I'm looking for trouble.
>>
>>3760967
Particle board cat towers don’t fall apart. My cats jump on mine all the time and it’s lasted me for 4 years
>>
File: 20210413_091507.jpg (3.78 MB, 2872x3829)
3.78 MB
3.78 MB JPG
>>
>>3761002
I want to kiss your boy
>>
File: 20210413_173939.jpg (1.44 MB, 2313x2503)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB JPG
Kitty Kouch
>>
>>3759484
My favourite cat food is Mjamjam, very good quality without fancy shit for a good price. I feed Animonda carny too, it's good but some cats can get a bit diarrhea from it so buy only a few cans at first to test it. Other brands I feed are select gold and premiere.
It doesn't have to be totally grain free but I think very low plant matter, good declaration and high protein + taurine are signs of good quality.
>>
>>3757124
My kot in the top middle.
>>
>>3761002
i tend to sway between “oh it was probably my fault” and “i will kick this bitch out of the house if it even bites me”
>>
File: IMG_20210204_214857241.jpg (1.49 MB, 3072x4096)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB JPG
>>3760714
Not to sound like a faggot, but go around your local shelters and check out the cats there first. There's a good chance you'll find one that "clicks" with you. And you'll be able to see and interact with a bunch of different cats to get a feel for their personalities. It's getting springtime so there might be more kittens. Lots cheaper too and if course you get to pat yourself on the back for saving a lil fellas life. I went to a few different shelters before I found my boy. Grandma wanted a baby kitten, and he was older than what she wanted, but out of all the cats I saw that day he just jumped out at me.

Also was/am in a similar situation as you.
My cat has helped my mental state noticably and idk what I would have done without him. Especially this last year.
>>
>>3760764
>>3760764
This is why you don't let cats roam free (unless you live in a farm in bumbfuck nowhere)
I'm sorry for your loss, but don't be a retard next time.
>>
My dumb eye didn't close itself when it saw my cat's tongue coming over it and now I'll go blind on that eye as a consequence
>>
>>3761242
Hitlerina is free but never goes to the street, just to close neighbors. One day the street door was open and she ran and hid under our car lol
>>
>>3760967
That's the exact one I have.
It's actually a bit too small for my big fat tomcat though
>>
Kitty likes smooth blanket. Kitty is well fed with super premium food.
>>
hey catfriends I have a question regarding bladder rocks, our family cat, recently got baldder problems and it was due rocks on his bladder, the vet suggested pic related, i'm going to get them tomorrow once Draco is back in home, anyone has had any experience with cats in that condition? and what about that particular food?
my vet said he just need to eat that for like 21 days, lot of water and a daily dose of piroflox .
i'm kinda worried because It hurts me seeing him in pain, and I really don't want to screw something up.
also what's the best wayy to feed him his medicine? I was thinking on gettin a syringe (without needle of course) dilute the tablet on water, hold him tightly and then pour it on his mouth, would it be ok?
any info would be very appreciated
>>
>>3760967
I cant imagine it'd be hard to make your own. Or look for someone making them. There's always some bored dude on offerup/craigslist making custom shit like cat trees and dog houses
>>
>>3752384
Awww
>>
>>3752461
I'm sorry anon
>>
>>3752468
Only hicks do that sort of shit. It's sad
>>
>>3753100
He's adorable!
>>
>>3753019
How is your cat doing now?
>>
>>3761252
Hill's prescription is overpriced garbage, dont buy it. It's $26-30 for 4lb of meowmix tier cat food pumped full of DL-methionine. You can buy $20 worth of Methionine and have more of it than your cat will ever ever ever need but dosing wrong can fuck your cat up worse.

OR you can get Wysong Uretic for $13-15 per 5lb bag and it does the same as Hill's while having a way better ingredient profile. If you dont MIND paying more, you can get the canned food which way better for a male cat. Dry food is the reason for the stones in the first place

https://www.amazon.com/Wysong-Uretic-Organic-Chicken-Feline/dp/B015VYR0BG

https://www.amazon.com/Wysong-Uretic-Feline-Formula-Diet/dp/B00DU7V1M6/

The canned food is usually $48 so check back for it occasionally but the dry food is still solid and better than Hill's
>>
>>3761248
Kitty cute!
>>
>>3761252
as for the medication, good luck! I wrapped my cats up in a towel with minimal success and used the syringe as quickly as possible to get the medication in their mouths. The worse the medication tastes, the harder they fight you. However you do it, just be quick
>>
>>3760853
Cats have poor vision. It probably didn't recognize you
>>
File: 20210414_011612.jpg (1.53 MB, 3264x2448)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB JPG
Kitty sleeping good
>>
Kitty spooning
>>
File: 1612226028666.jpg (2.84 MB, 4128x3096)
2.84 MB
2.84 MB JPG
This is my cat cola
She goes into my hamper and grabs dirty socks and drags them into the hallway to the point where there are like 2 dozen socks in the hallway when I get home from work

Anyone have any idea what this is about? I figure it means she wants to play but she plays for 10 minutes and then gets bored and leaves to sleep on the couch. Then she wakes up and gets more socks
>>
>>3752468
Jesus christ eastern Europeans really giving Chinese a run for their money as peak subhumans
>>
>>3761399
>>3761399
>>
File: IMG_20210208_162306656_1.jpg (758 KB, 4096x2189)
758 KB
758 KB JPG
>>3761396
The fucking best thing
>>
>>3761400
Based cola
>>
>>3761419
Isn't that a male though
>>
File: 1616192189493.png (976 KB, 640x634)
976 KB
976 KB PNG
calico cookie
>>
>>3760378
I got him a tree and he uses it sometimes, but I worry about him. Almost every day he'll just sit down in the middle of the room and make these quiet, sad meows at me. Doesn't respond to toys or attention. Sometimes I think it's because he's hungry, but he sinks back into it once he's done eating. Seems like he's really bored or depressed or something and I don't know what to do for him.
>>
>>3761002
>wet food is better but only if it's the nutritious kind (not that friskies, whiskas or fancy feast garbage)
What should you look for when choosing a brand? I just bought a 96 pouch pack, and made sure there was no corn or sugar in it, but I'd like to give my cats a healthy meal instead of the equivalent of McKot every day.
>>
>>3760714
Sphynx cats are arguably MORE maintenance because they are very oily.
>>
File: 20210414_081130.jpg (1.61 MB, 2448x3264)
1.61 MB
1.61 MB JPG
Here's a little tip for y'all
>kitty wakes up and wants to leave bed
>keeps trying if I pull it back
>wrap it on smooth blanket
>kitty stays for a few more minutes
Hope you liked this tip, until next time
>>
>>3761806
>inb4 the lil nigga just wanted to go to the toilet but you don't let him
>>
>>3761647
I feed my kots whiskas now they don't like raw meat
>>
>>3761404
>poland
>eastern european
KURWAAAAAA
>>
>>3761404
No you're just sheltered and dont know how to make tough decisions
>>
>>3761244
If you are in good health and your cat is in good health there is nothing to worry about. Also cats carry parasites but they're hard to transmit to humans.
>>
>>3761912
Google said there's bacteria in the cat's tongue that make you go blind in contact with the eye and it happened to a woman
>>
>>3761739
Friend of mine's mom has 2. They are ALWAYS cold and spend almost all of their time vuried under blankets/inside bag/style beds.
Just get a regular-ass domestic shorthair.
>>
My cat sucks his paws and kneads while cuddling me. I've basically raised him since birth. Does he think I'm his mom? What does it mean?
>>
>>3761647
Look for actual named meat in ingredients like chicken or tuna, rather than 'meat' or 'byproducts'. And while most cat food has carb fillers like rice, wheat, etc it shouldn't be the first ingredient either. Also needs taurine of course.
>>
>>3761248
>>3761396
>>3761399
>>3761411
Schecter
>>
>>3761958
Huh?
>>
>>3761928
>They are ALWAYS cold
Sounds like they're having a really bad time, like those dogs they bred to be literally retarded and in pain constantly.
>>
>>3761928
For fucks sake, PLEASE tell her to just buy cat clothes for them. They're like 20 bucks. It's what humans do.
>>
I'm kinda ashamed and regretting the hitlerina flood I did recently, was a bit too much
>>
>>3761245
some cats have better instincts than others. My current cat never touches the parking lot (I walk him on a leash) but my first cat tried to board a school bus once. cute but OH SHIT NOOO. he did not have a healthy fear of cars
>>
>>3761252
first the medicine, easier for me to answer:
if it's a pill you can wrap it in a pill pocket. He might not go for it but it will at least hide the taste if it tastes bad and you have to pill him anyway
you might want to get used to pilling him. depending on how receptive or combative he is anything could work from just holding (and not scruffing) the back of his neck and gently probing his mouth to try to get him to open it and dropping the pill in to...
scruffing the back of the neck, or having a second person help hold him down, all that, however...
the less you traumatize him the easier it will be to pill him
you could also try hiding it in his favorite food (I find wet food works for this sometimes)
if he's super picky grinding it up wont work, he'll smell it
>>
>>3761252
>>3762096
second, he's likely to get bladder issues again. A low phosporus (which is what that food most likely is, do your research though) high water diet will lessen the chance of this happening again, but I think you'll at least need to change his diet permanently. I'm not big on prescription foods (cats get bored and stop eating them after a while, they're just a tool among many) but feeding him wet food and keeping tabs on his bladder health with frequent urine tests are a good idea. These issues can get really bad leading to blockages, kidney failure. Had a friend who's cat needed a [spoiler]penilectomy[/spoiler] due to blockages. Another friend lost her cat when complications of his condition caused him to be too sensitive to anesthesia and he died of an overdose (I"m not 100% sure on that one, maybe the vet just fucked up, but another vet told me it could be a complicating factor)
>>
>>3761400
she loves your stinky feet
>>
>>3752468
What the fuck
>>
How do I bring up to my mother that she needs to rehome a few of her cats? She has nine of them and always before she could take care of them. However she's getting older and just letting some things go she doesn't change the litterboxes as often now so the house stinks, if a hairball/vomit is in a inconvenient place then it just gets left uncleaned. One cat has started pooping outside the box, mostly on furniture (she took her to the vet, its behavioral not medical).

These cats are going to ruin her house, and it'll only get worse as her health declines. The cats are all in the 4-8 age range so they won't be passing away of natural causes for a while.

How could I make her chose which cats to give up? She's a cat lady and those cats are her babies.
>>
How do I get over the feeling that when my cat gets sick, it's my fault and the vet's going to take him away from me?
>>
>>3762168
try to find a place to adopt them close to her and then tell her about it and let here decide. Also come from a place of this is what is whats best for the cats
>>
File: PXL_20210127_222453695.jpg (1.55 MB, 4032x3024)
1.55 MB
1.55 MB JPG
>>3755721
>15kg
Holy shit thats even bigger than my boy.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTvFH1rCdSQ

Is it a bad idea to hiss at a cat if it hisses at you? I imagine it would be, but I'm curious now what methods people use to make an inside cat more docile.
>>
My cat ate an entire 20 pound turkey when I had my back turned... Is this bad?
>>
>>3762598
I mean the cat hissing at you is its way of telling you to fuck off and respect its space, so you should probably just do that... Hissing back is just gonna come off as threatening if anything.
>>
>>3762598
you seem like a smart enough person to manage a spray bottle. use it as negative reinforcement. they will hate it so much so don't over do it. if you verbalize the behavior in a calm manner "cat, don't swipe at me ever or every time you get the spray" after the spray eventually they will learn to just avoid the spray bottle and then the entire social concept of why clawing at you is bad, ruins clothes, hurts.
>>
>>3762608
Was it a fucking Maine coon? Because if not that's probably more than it weighs, more than double if it's a typical cat. That's way too fucking much and if it doesn't start puking immediately you should take it to the vet.
>>
>>3762598
If it hisses it's a scared way to scream no at you, you probably will have more success with trust building training. Hissing at a cat is for bold and rude cats.
>>
what do you do with yur cat when you go away for a holiday? I want to give mine to my mum since she loves cats, but I don't know how my cat will react to the new environment
>>
>>3762852
My plan is to have my neighbours give them a check. I usually walk their dog if they are out and can't have him with them.
>>
>>3752384
Hello, I just want advice. My cat delivered a breech and it's dead/stillborn. She was having trouble pushing it to the point the kitty's head was stuck on the mother so we kinda helped her (she made noises like she's getting hurt when we tried to pull the kitten and didn't force her anymore). She got it out eventually. Anyway that was her 1st kitty but when I touched her belly, it looks like there's still more inside but it's been a 15-20+ hours since her last labor/contractions?. Is this normal? I'm just scared the other kittens are already dead or something. I can't really go to the vet right now (if I would, it would take a 3day to 1week ride)
>>
>>3760714
Devon/cornish -rexes don't shed either and you don't have to bathe them all the time either. Really based cats.
>>
File: PXL_20210410_134406891.webm (1.12 MB, 1080x1920)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB WEBM
>>3763029
They're also really affectionate and intelligent.
Here's my guy playing fetch.
>>
>>3762168
Ouch, sounds like your mother needs help too...
Try to convince her that keeping so many cats in a house (that she can't obviously take care of all alone) is going to seriously affect their health, as well as hers, and that in this way she's doing the opposite of helping them. Remember not to be harsh to her, don't steal the cats from under her nose: if she is already psychologically fragile, the suffering will overwhelm her. Be kind and offer your help, make her join your search for the adopters, take good pics of the cats and spam groups/pages/forums, contact shelters if necessary if you fail to rehome them. Sometimes a shelter can be better than living in a cramped space with a neglectful owner.

>>3762852
Or if your mom lives not that far from you, you can ask her to go once or twice a day to refill the bowls and clean the litter box.
>>
>>3762355
This isn't really a /kot/-related question. You have to work on improving your self-esteem. Vets aren't going to take a pet away from its owner otherwise they wouldn't get paid, kek.

>>3762984
Maybe that kitten was just born premature? I don't have the specific knowledge to answer you, I can only suggest you to call your vet anyway and ask for advices waiting for when you can physically bring the cat to them.
>>
>>3762355
By getting to know your vet better, besides annual checkups and shots helping sick and injured pets is their job. Maybe do those annual checkups if you feel like you're missing some hints or doesn't know your vet that well.
>>
>>3762984
>vet would take a 3day to 1week ride
I that case if the kittens are dead it'd probably be too late for your cat anyway. Ask for advice over the phone maybe but I don't think there'll be much you can do except for making your cat comfy and hoping for the best.
If it's a stray there can be several fathers so it's possible just this one kittens age/size/health didn't fit the others.
>>
File: kot.jpg (78 KB, 1601x900)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
How lame is it when I want to get a cat because of an anime ending clip?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vk86fxEklq8
>>
>>3763029
this dude cute as fuck
>>
Man, anyone else has some big availability issues? I live in a really big city in Western Europe and my options are either
1) animal shelters that have not updated their websites for half a decade or at all or when you click on their adopt page it shows like 2 cats, like they abandoned the site altogether
2) private sellers, often from Eastern Europe, shady as shit and possibly illegal because of their inhumane breeding practises, ranges from dirt cheap to expensive as hell (to fool you they are legit)
3) cats that cost 1,000 fucking €
I checked out a handful of other breeds and those aren't even available in a 200km radius. I googled my city name + "buy cat" and the first webpage has 11 results. What the fuck is going on?
>>
>>3763269
Oh yeah, I forgot one thing. I found one shelter that takes care of its webpage but they demand that the cat can free roam and I would never allow it, because I would worry way too much that it runs away, gets lost, get hit by a car etc. Are cats that stay exclusively indoors that rare?
>>
My retarded uncle keeps a cat entirely in one room because he doesn't want to put screens on his windows (it "looks bad"). He ferries the cat around the house locking him in different rooms when necessary.

Other than punching him or telling him he's a fucking idiot or something of that sort, what can I do to convince him this is a terrible idea?
>>
Cat died.
>>
>>3762608
yeah and then he ate 3 whole hams and everybody clapped
>>
>>3762852
if you can afford it get a cat sitter or have them boarded. I've learned not to trust family and friends
>"family" would skip seeing him for days
>"friend" would let him outside unattended
>>
>>3763233
shit that series is ridiculous but I love the ending theme too, legit made me cry (but I love Freddie mercury and cats and I'm a massive faggot so yeah)
if you get a cat be ready to tear your heart out when you have to put them down or you lose them some other way
>>
recently moved back in with my parents and my cat is not getting along with my parents' cats. he's definitely the aggressor. how do i get him to chill the fuck out and leave the other cats alone?
doesn't help that the other cats hissing and bolting away from him seems to spur him on.
>>
>>3763269
don't base your decision on the shelter's webpage, most are run by volunteers, they do what they can. You need to just meet the cats in person anyway if you can, a webpage isn't really going to tell you how they'll be with you

>>3763274
wow, total opposite here in the states, some require that the cat be indoor only. I know europe is different but try other shelters

totally random anecdote but I like to think I've struck the perfect balance with a harness trained cat and a safe living situation, don't know if that would please strict USA or European standards but fuck how are they going to know what you do with your cat?

also does your country have craigslist or kajiji or similar? facebook market place? some site that would host pets up for adoption from local folk for free or like a trivial fee to weed out scumbags?
>>
>>3763386
joint playtime, feliway, feed close but far enough to not steal each others food. create mutual happy times, mix smells, reintroduce slowly, make time with other kitties calm as much as you can
>>
>>3763389
problem is my parents have taken my cat out of my room a few times while i was at work and essentially let him loose in the house, and every time they did this he's gone right for their cats as soon as he knew where they were and attacked them. now any time the other cats hear my cat they start hissing at him.
how do i start over when they've already learned to hate him?
>>
>>3763391
oh boy parents. its never too late, but it's gonna take work. sounds like your parents dont get it and they probably never will, can you lock your door in the mean time? they might never be friends but in 99% of cases with repeated positive exposure and controlled interaction they can come to tolerate one another.

I had a cat once who would SCREAM at other cats if he saw them out on our walks (I walked him off leash). Like I haven't heard a cat scream like this before or since. And he'd go up to the window and try to wail on the other cat. So when he would see another cat I would pat his chest as that was our way of saying "hold for a sec don't go forward" and he learned to stop doing that, but this was a weird cat and he just sortof understood things like that. Eventually (I'm a huge weirdo) I was able to have neighborhood cat friends over without him reacting to them at all. He (my cat) had repeat experiences with other cats where he was not attacked and did not attack and so he was able to calm down around them (and he got older). But the thing about my guy is he must've just been traumatized, your guy sounds like he wants to be the alpha, like hes domineering. Thats a tough one because that's not something he learned it's innate, he needs to know how to be a good alpha, or at least get a good work out before he's left alone with the others
>>
>>3763391
>>3763395
you know I just assumed his personality based on very little information, so what is your cat like overall and with the others? and with people?
>>
>>3763400
with other cats he seems intensely curious. ears directly forward, dilated pupils when he sees the other cats. were it not for him beating the shit out of the other cats and chasing them when they try to flee, i'd almost say he thinks he's playing
around people he's very affectionate, vocal, and playful but incredibly timid. even with me, after two years, if i stand up too quickly or move to fast he gets nervous and acts like he's gotta be on guard. i adopted him when he was about two, and i suspect his previous owners were shitbags because the cat his file says he is and the cat he actually is are very different, so something doesn't add up - file says they said he's super friendly, gets along with people instantly, loves kids dogs and other cats, etc. but the way he acts it's like he got yelled at or hit or something because he has no good reason to be this timid. before i moved back i nwith my parents he basically spent all his time within a few feet of me and shying away from my roommate, but they say he was cautiously friendly with him while i was away.
>>
>>3763410
sounds like he's just overly excited to have other cats to play with, but may not understand bite inhibition and personal boundaries, especially if the other cats are older. It wouldn't be as much a problem if the older cats could "swat" him and he'd listen, but it sounds like he gets too big for his britches and tries to over power them. Maybe he's just dominant, maybe he doesn't quite understand. If he isn't 5 years old yet he's probably still got some kitten energy. I know the older cats are annoyed but this is actually a good opportunity for you little guy, but he needs guidance. Watch videos of how kittens play so you can decipher if he's really "beating them up" or just trying to play. Also, and this is not a usual recommendation, but to see if he's biting the cats painfully, play with him with your hand to see if he'll bite you hard. He may be biting too hard or not retracting his claws when swatting, or the older cats may just be annoyed with his shenanigans. if he's just that way you'll have to be his primary playmate, the older cats wont have it. He'll have to learn in time to be more chill with them, and it sounds like he's still learning about his world and his role in the family, just want to make sure he isn't actually hurting anyone, though continued stress from an annoying big kitten can hurt older cats in unseen ways
>>
>>3763386
you have to get them to eat together its the only way I was able to get my girlfriends cat and her cat to stop chasing each other
>>
What does this behaviour mean?
-curled tail
-"pacing" in place, in small circles
-loud purring
-insistent rubbing up against anything in range
-kneading

Normally I'd assume it to be normal snuggly cat stuff but she enters this state very suddenly and intensely, and it vanishes quite suddenly too after a few minutes, which seems odd. Recently spayed female, maybe like 5 months old? still (barely) a kitten
>>
New fread

>>3763611

>>3763611

>>3763611
>>
File: AAAAAAA.jpg (5 KB, 169x300)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
AAAAAA

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.