[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1587290178064.jpg (41 KB, 757x677)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/bc-farmer-captures-lynx-chicken-coop-1.5923089

>A B.C. farmer who caught a lynx in his chicken coop on Sunday didn't react the way one might expect. He didn't grab a gun or yell at the wild animal.

Instead, Chris Paulson grabbed the lynx by the scruff of its neck, lifted it off the ground and scooped it from the coop. Then he gave it a gentle scolding.

>"He just looked ... a bit like [a kid] with its hand in the chocolate chip bag," Paulson told CBC News from his home near Decker Lake, west of Prince George.

>"So I kind of gave him a little lecture and and then told him he shouldn't come back."

The cat had been in the middle of its hunt when Paulson found it.

>"The lynx had feathers in his mouth, he didn't want to leave without a chicken," Paulson said. "I tried to scoot him out of there, but he was so focused on his prey. So I just reached down and picked him up like a house cat does with its kitten."

Paulson estimates the cat — which had killed two of his chickens — weighed about 11 kilograms.
But Paulson said he wasn't too worried about his safety as he held the wild animal off the ground by the scruff of his neck.

>"That's how their mothers subdue them when they're getting too rambunctious ... and they just go limp and submissive, " he said.

Farmers often shoot wild animals that attack their livestock. But Paulson said he was able to put the lynx in a dog kennel before relocating it "a bit further out in the bush." The lynx was so skinny that Paulson and his family left the two dead chickens with the animal, after it was relocated.

The dead chickens — named Freda and Birdie — will be missed by Paulson's children — Kickan, 6, and Charlie, 9 — who have named the lynx Tuffnut.

>"We don't recommend handling a lynx with bare hands. You certainly might lose an arm," Palm told CBC News. "Lynx are wild cats and they can be ferocious."
>>
>>3695586
If I had it in my grasp I would whip it with my belt a few times just to make sure it learns a lesson.
>>
sounds like Tuffnut found a Softtouch
>>
>>3695586
Tuffnut, a kot denied his chimken
>>
>>3695586
This is the patrician's way to treat animals.
>>
>>3695586
>named Freda and Birdie
You don't name food pet names
>>
>>3695619
Um no, holding any animal like that is animal abuse and it doesn't understand human language wtf pointlessly making animals uncomfortable.
>>
>>3695630
nooo we can never make anything uncomfortable :( disband the police
>>
>>3695630
Animals are better than super autists like you at picking up moods and intent. It might not have understood the words, but it certainly understood that the guy was not happy with it and it was likely due to what it just did.

Also holding a lynx by its scruff in no way would hurt it, you fucking moron.
>>
File: 65e21116.jpg (266 KB, 515x695)
266 KB
266 KB JPG
>>3695601
But he did get his chickens?
>>
What an utter faggot, dumb cunt might as well cook the chickens for the fucking thing.
>>
File: file.png (3.82 MB, 1169x1107)
3.82 MB
3.82 MB PNG
>>3695586
Made me kek

I grab my cunt maine coon like that as well when hes being a bastard
>>
>>3695643
So he did, based farmer.
>>
>>3695586
Should have killed it
>>
Isn't holding by the scruff only for young felines? And when they grow up the body weight:scruff surface area ratio is too great?
>>
>>3695630
>Um no
stopped reading right there, you’re such a turbo autist you think you have to add the real life stuttering you have to your online discussions
>>
MOM WHAT ARE YOU D-
>>
Phillip, head chicken, was asked to comment on the drama.
>GUARKGUARKGUARK
>>
i like how the cat growle like dude come on put me down i was just hungry you literally have a box full of chickes whats the big deal arent you gonna eat em anyway theyre just stupid chickens rheure not like us bro come on bro. bro. come on. stop.
>>
>KITTY NO
>>
>>3695901
"cmon dude I'll let you huff my fur just gimme a chikcen ffs"
>>
>>3695586
Lmao that cat is so fucking pissed
>>
>>3695586
I wonder if it learned it's lesson
>>
>>3695586
The Lynx fears the maplejew
>>
>>3695978
news said the Lynx was hired at mc donalds as diversity hire and gets scraps as pay for serving customers so it doesn't steal food from farmers any longer
>>
>>3695586
I did this with a possum that was eating eggs last year. I then put it in a bucket and deposited it on the other side of the river.
>>
Farmers had figured out that killing predator that hold territories near the farm would just allow predators from deeper in the wilderness to move into the territory and kill even more livestocks as they fear human less due to less human contact. They learn that scaring the predators is the best method to keep them away. Sure scaring a lynx like that would work better than killing it for the farmer’s benefit. However, the easier way is to just get a live stock guardian dog.
>>
Why didn't it sperg out and attack the guy? It's claws wouldve done serious damage.
>>
File: asserting dominance.jpg (105 KB, 960x940)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
What a absolute chad move.
>>
>>3696150
Using a marinade injector to stuff a culled chicken full of syrup of ipecac works great on foxes and coyotes, but Mink are too dumb to associate the illness with the meal. I wonder if it would work on lynx and bobcat?
>>
File: scooby.jpg (464 KB, 1914x1068)
464 KB
464 KB JPG
>>3695586
is that Scooby?
>>
>>3695638
>>3695639
>>3695894
>taking obvious b8
is this a meme where we act like fish because it's /an/?
>>
>>3695586
It was pointless to parade the cat around. The cat will learn nothing, other than to be sneakier next hunt, or hunt else where, but that will be back if it gets very hungry.
This was all just a viral video opportunity. Nothing more.
That said, i hope he huffed that cats wonderful fur. To not would be a terrible wasted opportunity.
>>
>>3695970
>>3696415
samefag
>>
>>3695630
>animal murders your livestock
>nooooo the poor catarino you can't make him uncomfy
He's lucky, I would've enjoyed the contribution of nice winter fur.
>>
>>3696432
I'm surprised he didn't let the thing peg him.
>>
>>3696605
that escalated quickly
>>
>>3695848
yes you arent supposed to do that. It's like when you see a parent pick up their toddler by the arm. Do that to an adult and you risk dislocating a shoulder. Scruffing an adult cat is like someone choking you inadvertently with your own necktie
>>
>Paulson's children — Kickan, 6, and Charlie, 9 — who have named the lynx Tuffnut.

>Kickan Chicken
>Charlie Chicken
>Tuffnut

Its a different kind of comedy. I really have to wonder what his wife's name was
>>
>>3695586
Either that lynx is so tired & just given up or that dude is a turbo chad that the wild cat just submit to be put in a kennel and treated like a house cat
>>
>>3696690
>Scruffing an adult cat is like someone choking you inadvertently with your own necktie
Good.
>>
If we’re being honest, I’m fully erect after having heard about this story. Well done folks.
>>
>>3695586
he should have pinned it down inside the chicken coup and give it an hour long dicking. It will fuck off for good, works every time unless it was mating season
>>
>>3695586
Accomplished literally nothing except appearing "Chad" to incels on 4chan, the lynx will be back and eat more of his chickens
>>
>>3696939
He made a funny video for millions of people around the world to watch.
>>
>>3696338
More and more people like this showing up. It's like a new breed of social dysfunction.
>>
>>3695626
I've named every hamburger I've ever eaten
>>
>>3695586
I bet he killed the lynx
>>
File: pict0250impbigweb.jpg (181 KB, 1024x721)
181 KB
181 KB JPG
>>3696714
canadian lynx are small and pathetic creatures. here's a eurasian lynx mogging and later mortally wounding an adult male wolf
>>
Yeah he 'relocated' it tp the woods next to the farm the family dog retired to.
>>
>>3695626
Imagine not naming cows Bessie
>>
>>3697160
Your wolves are little though.
>>
File: mongol.jpg (79 KB, 989x742)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>3695586
>NOT MY HECKIN' CHICKERINOS!
Fuck farmers. Another Genghis Khan is long overdue.
>>
>>3697249
canada lynx wouldnt stand a chance against any size wolf
>>
>>3695586
grabbing the pussy
>>
File: 1612008692033.gif (241 KB, 100x104)
241 KB
241 KB GIF
>>3696315
lmao it kinda does look like Scoobs
>>
Did he actually film himself like an idiot?
>>
>>3697253
Have a cry larper
>>
File: chinese soy farmer.png (174 KB, 644x800)
174 KB
174 KB PNG
>>3697753
>Have a cry larper
>>
Farmer should pee on his chicken coop to mark his territory
>>
>>3695626
many people keep chicken just for the eggs they produce
same with cows for milk
>>
>>3695626
Actually, you name the cow; then you eat it
>>
>>3697253
What does that mean
>>
>>3695630
He doesn't understand the language but he sure does understand the tone. That's why pets sometimes behave, because they understand that you're upset
>>
>>3697863
I pee near mine and my fenceline too. My coop is near my drain fields for extra scent (at least in wild critter terms) bonus.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.