[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Has anyone ever tried breeding social reptiles?
I would love to own a pack of geckos that would just cuddle with me
>>
>>3695148
Nope but bump cuz cool thread :)
>>
>>3695148
Geckos no likey cuddle, really. That and the ones that are social are teeny tiny little fucks that can certainly hang out on you, but will then suddenly and randomly decide "I must J U M P" and then disappear somewhere for you to find their dissicated corpse months later, if at all.
The big ones arent really social, and even then only really lay two eggs at a time.
>>
>>3695148
All tame reptiles ive seen that are social or calm is because they have suffer huge traumas
>>
>>3695184
>>3695290
I think I didn't really explain what I mean
Im asking if anyone has ever tried to breed reptiles to be more sociable. It seems like it wouldn't be that hard to do, just wondering if its ever been attempted before
>>
File: 6N6ox2tybd-Zauis-1.webm (1.71 MB, 1280x720)
1.71 MB
1.71 MB WEBM
>>3695148
Nature kind of already accomplished that by itself with the tegu
>>
>>3695148
A. They're too small for that
B. No, they don't have the advanced prefrontal cortex needed for complex social interaction, it'd be a much bigger deal than simply selecting for tame social behaviour like in Canines and Felidae.
>>
File: 1597288801490.jpg (1.29 MB, 3264x2448)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB JPG
how about turning some kind of bird into Dog 2.0?
>>
>>3695148
You can't just do that like you can with mammals. They don't have the brain structure for it.

>>3695774
I think tree skinks are the most sociable lizards both with themselves and with humans. Tegus and other kinds of skinks seem to appreciate handling much more than most lizards though. No gecko actually enjoys being handled though it's still good for them, my cresties use me like a heated jungle gym.
>>
>>3695768
I mean...we kinda do that already with captive bred animals in general, if only because pairing up tamer animals is just going to be easier than ones that are trying like hell to get away from the big pink monkey thats probably going to eat them.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.