[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 12 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now being accepted for the next ~72 hours. Apply here.

New board added: /xs/ - Extreme Sports

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: dog.jpg (3.1 MB, 2736x3648)
3.1 MB
3.1 MB JPG
why are they always so friendly and obedient?
i found this guy abandoned near our house and he immediately became best buds with everyone
>>
I’d assume that any abandoned, aggressive large dogs would be captured and put down as soon as they started causing problems, leaving only the nice ones.
>>
>>3695073
goddamn that is a magnificent dog, i hope he sticks around and becomes your guardian
>>
File: wagwagwagwag.jpg (495 KB, 1936x2592)
495 KB
495 KB JPG
large dogs with innate aggression issues tend to get put down ASAP (unless it's a pitbull, then it's called a lab mix and a lady named karen shames you for getting a golden retriever puppy instead of adopting it)
their actions have consequences and they learn that immediately
slightly larger brains give them a natural edge in obedience and executive skills (self control, emotional stability) without even having to be specifically bred for it
they usually aren't used as living plush toys so they don't suffer stunted emotional growth and develop anxiety issues from it
they pick up on the fact that you don't see them as obnoxious sub-dog lifeforms and feel better about themselves because of it
>>
>>3695073
>why are they always so friendly and obedient?
Lmao that's a fucking lie.
>>
>>3696079
t. has no soul so non-vermin animals hate him

enjoy your cat and rat bros, husk anon.
>>
>>3696056
This. People get small breeds and then do next to nothing with them. They are under exercised and untrained.
>>
File: 20210104_221429.jpg (1.81 MB, 4032x1960)
1.81 MB
1.81 MB JPG
>>3695073
I adopted what u thought was a Golden retriever mix from a shelter and it turns out he's
>German shepherd
>Malmute
>chow chow
>pit bull (unfortunately)
>lab
He went from 55lbs to 80lbs in like 4 months. Best dog ever, incredibly responsive to training and very affectionate. Slight resource guarding but surprisingly low prey drive.
>>
>>3697961
You can have an entire bloodline of insanely aggressive small dogs and no one will bat an eye (most will laugh) . If they were 50lbs bigger they would be man killers and would have to be slaughtered wholesale.

Sad truth. Small dogs CAN be based, but usually aren't, so they're evolving into a separate species of little shitheads.
>>
>>3695073
Big dogs are meant to be pillows
>>
File: download (1).jpg (43 KB, 313x380)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>3695073
My favourite breed :)
T. op of the current small dog thread.
>>
Best dog breed coming through
>>3698444
Jonas always looks so chill and so :P
>>
File: Newfoundland_dog_Smoky.jpg (205 KB, 1067x1600)
205 KB
205 KB JPG
>>3701216
A Newfoundland would crush your Great Pyrenees
>>
>>3701242
if by crush you mean smother them with love
>>
>>3696056
your dog has such beautiful eyes!
>>
>>3695077
pitbulls still exist

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.