[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 20 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

New board added: /xs/ - Extreme Sports

New board added: /pw/ - Professional Wrestling

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: snake cat.jpg (86 KB, 726x625)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
Anyone else get a shaky vibrating feeling behind their ears if they look at a dangerous animal liek a cat poised to strike or a snake crawling by?
>>
>see animal
>don't recognize animal as an individual
>feel hungry and motivated

i've never been scared of predators and once charged a mountain lion as a child yelling "IM GONNA KILL YOUUUUU".
>>
>>3693942
>GRUG STRONG LOOK AT GRUG
Fucking embarrassing
>>
>>3693939
oh fugg googer :DDDD
>>
File: super beetle.png (68 KB, 218x193)
68 KB
68 KB PNG
>>3693939
Uh, no.
>>
>>3693942
did your eyes glow red
>>
>>3693939
Awww he's smiling!
>>
>>3693942
mountain lion should have done its fucking job so this world could be spared of another retard
>>
>>3693991
animals are weaksauce and you're an idiotic monkey man if you're afraid of them. you hide under a tree when you see a bird too? 99% of them can be scared off or easily avoided.

>>3694482
nah my dad should have given me a gun so the world could be spared another asshole forest cat. next time you see one, tell it to fuck off. FUCK pumas. also this shit is a fact of life if you live anywhere near the woods and actually go outside, sorry if you're a suburbanite and have to consult with your guide if you ever see a wild animal.
>oh, those are dangerous! we better go home :)
>>
>>3693939
I didn't know the shaky feeling happened to other people too, no one I've asked about seems to have it
I get it mostly in the ear facing the direction that the sound that alarmed me comes from
when I feel in danger sometimes I hear a ringing sound too
>>
>>3693991
Me big strong man, born warrior. Shitpost on animals subforum of anime forum PROVE me strong and me dick big
>>
>>3693939
I remember getting that feeling when I was a kid, but i dont remember what exactly caused it. I dont get it at all anymore though.
>>
I only got that feeling when I was about a decade younger scrolling through /x/ and seeing pictures like this.
>>
>>3693939
Never.

Get your brain checked.

>>3694523
You too. This sounds like psychogenic auditory hallucinations, like you watch so much TV you now experience movie tropes in real life.
>>
File: 7dPyIyJ_d~2.jpg (96 KB, 444x363)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>3694602
you are just jealous we have extremely heightened instincts
>>
>>3694492
this is a fact, most predators, yes, even tigers, lions, etc can be easily scared off with a little bravado. it's said to be because this is quite uncommon in the animal kingdom. prey retreats, predators pursue, etc. it glitches their brains if you don't act like prey and they have to see you as some kind of predator and will give you the natural respect they give one another. i tested this theory first hand ten years ago on an african safari. me and my m8 slipper away from the team determined to hang out with some lion bros wed passed chilling in the shade. we came upon them suddenly and they were aware of us before we even saw them thru the bushes. they simply looked curious, like any cat. we both looked t each other and nodded and began walking swiftly and confidently directly towards the biggest one. this chicken shit bastard was already clammering to his feet within a few steps and already gettin that cautious cat vibe, and then he took off and hid behind a bush to watch, and his pals went with him lol. we walked right upto where they were laying and pissed all over it, gave them the finger, and walked off and dint even once look back.
>>
>>3695884
>heightened instincts
more like an atavism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3djQlEPsL8k
>>
File: 1613499255968.png (134 KB, 543x518)
134 KB
134 KB PNG
>>3693939
Fuggg is googer :DDD
>>
>>3696009
Village peasants are prey animals. They're smaller, weaker, and mostly eat plants.
>>
>>3693939
I don't think I've ever been enough of an asshole to cause animals to react this way, so who knows? Although, I was nearly bitten by an adopted tarantula because i made the mistake of allowing someone to hold it. They freaked and threw it back into my hands. The spider raised is fangs or whatever the poison parts are called twice and then lowered them as I stayed calm enough to let it know it was in no immediate danger. I used to take naps with it on the bed next to me. Nostradamus was a good boy.
>>
>>3696025
>They're smaller, weaker, and mostly eat plants.
me
besides the smaller part, but that's because I'm fat
>>
>>3696167
how are you fat if you mostly eat plants?
>>
>>3693939
>dangerous
>snake

Choose one, and only one
>>
>>3696188
most carbohydrates come from plants
>>
>>3693942
Did the mountains clap?
>>
>>3694492
I love how people type long detailed replies when they get called out on their bullshit made up stories. Nigger you ain't done shit...you've never seen a mountain lion and have probably never seen a gun outside of video games. Probably never met your dad either
>>
File: 1609599351405.png (59 KB, 194x221)
59 KB
59 KB PNG
>>3696019
>>
>>3693939
>>3693942
As a Brazilian who lived in amazon rainforest i was never scared but respected things.

Once saw one giant snake like 15meters long in my way to school, i just waited 5 minutes and the snake was gonne..

Good time, already saw a jaguar at the forest and the famous monkey eater harpy.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.