[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 62 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now being accepted for the next ~72 hours. Apply here.

New board added: /xs/ - Extreme Sports

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Peter Caine.png (932 KB, 783x476)
932 KB
932 KB PNG
ITT: We post obvious redflags that someone is a shit dog owner:
>They allow their dog to sit on furniture and their bed
>They take their dog to dog parks
>They allow others to pet their dog
>They feed their dog kibble
>They train their dog with food
>They purchase dog pee training mats
>>
>>3689200
This old motherfucker got a young girlfriend with huge tits and they're posting exhibitionist stuff on youtube now
>>
always check the recycling bin for PB jars
>>
File: 1497462729721.jpg (128 KB, 831x639)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>>3689200
They own a dog
>>
>>3689200
>t. seething toxofag
Hope your cat died slowly :^)
>>
>>3689200
>They keep their dog on a leash
>Their yard is fully fenced in with at least 6ft of fence and might have anti-dig barriers
>They don't hit their dog hours after it's done something they don't like

fucking horrible dog owners need to stop being estrogenized woman pussies
>>
>>3689200
This right here. Huge red flag >>3685610
>>
Dog trainin is way too full of double digit IQ evolutionary throwbacks who only happen to get results because when you treat an animal like shit except when it does what you want, big surprise, it will do what you want.
>>
>>3689428
too bad human training isn't full of them. workplaces are way too full of retards who want "sick leave" and "shorter shifts" and "more breaks" and "being allowed to use the bathroom" and productivity is suffering while product prices go up, and the chinese who treat people like dogs out compete us.

you pussies are too smart and empathetic for your own good. dogs are meant to be treated like shit. so are poor people. if you don't want to be treated like shit, get rich. or go be a pussy and get steamrolled by people who aren't hysterical bleeding hearts (china).
>>
>>3689430
>alpha dog theory wackjobs create violent dogs, and then kill the ones that couldn't take it
>alpha human theory wackjobs create violent uprisings, and get killed because humans are deadlier than dogs
stick to dogs dicklet
>>
>>3689200
>they pet their dogs instead of mounting/dryhumping them to establish dominance
>they let their dogs lick them anywhere but the bottom of their feet
>they feed their dogs literally anything but peanut butter
>they give their dog tap water

Garbage dog owners make me sick
>>
>Male human
>owns a male dog, so it will never respect him
>Female human
>owns a female dog, so it will never respect her

Stop doing this, people. Wolves form "alpha pairs" of mutual respect and they are always male/female. Their only other bond is parent/child, but dogs don't form this one. They lost it through domestication and no longer form familial packs, only mated pairs and their pairs are easier to break up than wolves. Dogs can not be gay. Everything you do as a pet owner is COURTSHIP BEHAVIOR to the dog, and they can smell your gender because all mammals have similar pheromones that humans are mostly ignorant of because we barely smell them. Male dogs are only confused by their male owners which is why they are known as being more rowdy, because they don't naturally respect their male owners.

Always get a dog of the opposite sex. If you are a man, only a female dog can actually love and respect you. You must also keep them intact to reap the full benefit of this relationship. Without their natural hormone levels they'll remain confused and child-like. An intact dog is a better dog.
>>
>has to call them by their name or use a "come here" command
if you cant get your dog to come to you just by howling you aren't the alpha
>>
>>3689276
Correct.
>>
>>3689276
this

you don't own a dog, they're your spouse. do you own your wife? no, you sick fuck.
>>
>>3689260
Link please
>>
>they don't let their dog sleep in bed
>>
>>3689580
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pakqF-ERGA
You can see his boner here it's fucking disgusting
>>
>>3689618
it has to be the opposite sex of you or it will develop dominance issues anon havent you been paying attention? dogs arent homosexuals
>>
People here have been telling me im a shit dog owner.
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoY_WbWovYR3Wy7R0UKVATdCIdNlw3DBY
>>
>>3690459
They're right. Fuck off now.
>>
>>3690459
>letting your dog kiss you whenever it wants
>not teaching them to keep it in the bedroom and only when lionel richie starts playing
You are a shit owner.

Personally I taught mine to bring me flowers if they want kisses.
>>
>>3689200
they live in an apartment and on welfare yet own a dog
>>
>>3689200
Taking their pitbull to businesses

No I don’t want to see your viscious animal at the brewery
No, your viscious animal doesn’t belong in the reptile store
Take it to the fucking dog park
>>
>>3692365
>take it to the dog park so it can rip the throat out of some family's golden retriever right in front of the kids that wanted to take it to the dog park so it could play with another golden retriever

the store is a better place for it. higher chance that some man there is armed and ready to improve the world but -1 pitbull.
>>
>>3689439
stop spreading misinformation, kys
>>
>>3689439
Most dogs ejaculate and evacuate though. Most breeds don’t help the mothers at all.
>>
>>3689439
This is all 100% true. I didn't believe it until I got a girl. They're much better but she hates my gf so now the dudedog is hers instead.
>>
File: IMG20210205123524.jpg (3.37 MB, 4608x3456)
3.37 MB
3.37 MB JPG
>>3689200
>They own a pit or similar breeds
>They own more than one dogs
>They didn't smack their dog when they do something wrong
>They need a leash to walk their dog
>Their dog won't come when they call it
>They allowed their dog to roam free in the house instead of only in designated rooms
>Their dog is so fucking useless it's not vicious to strangers unless you told them to stand down
>Their dog doesn't have hunting instinct anymore
>>
>>3689200
>hey allow their dog to sit on furniture and their bed
Why is this bad?
>>
>>3693511
2 parts based, mostly dumb alpha dawg theory boomer. Why are so many dogfags so fucking cringe? Why do they hate facts and logic? Why do they casually endorse animal abuse and then act surprised when their battered beasts snap and bite people?
>oh but he was so well trained he would never do that
>i smacked him whenever he growled to teach him to be nice and everything... ;_;
Why do they think dogs belong off leashes? Why do they think all dogs need to hunt?
>oh sorry he killed your cat for being in your front lawn. keep my dog on a leash? no, you shouldn't let your cat outside. think of the birds. oh haha look at him run after that toddler, my german shepherd loves kiWAIT FUCK
>>
>>3693516
Because retards think dogs are people and have the mental faculties to realize that furniture is a social status thing, ala "dad's chair" and "dad's spot on the couch". Yes. They literally think their dogs are children and need to be taught about dad's chair. Their dogs are substitute children.
>>
>>3693516
It's dirty.
>>
>>3693516
its an old third world tradition because thirdies keep dogs out in the dirt and never bathe or brush them, so they are always coated in shit 24/7. if you're white you don't really have to pay attention to them. you are probably dirtier than the dog.
>>
>>3693516
>Wanting animal feces traces on your furnitures
Go on if you are a scatnigger
>>
>>3693588
the same feces thing occurs with cats and yet no one cares. methinks dog nutters are just control freaks who look for excuses to dominate helpless animals.
>>
>>3693590
Cats can stay on the floor too. At least when I'm in the room and can stop them.
>>
>>3693606
typical control freak nutjob getting dabbed on by a more based animal
>>
>>3693625
Joke's on you, I don't even own any pets.
>>
>>3689430
You sound incredibly mentally unstable.
>>
>>3689746
>huge tits
They're big-ish at best.
>>
>>3693516
It's a mental thing, if you allow your dog on your furniture and bed then your dog will think it's equal to you and won't respect you anymore.
>>
>>3693516
Besides demonstrating a lack of discipline it is dirty. Dogs are dirty. They get dirt and hair and who knows what else everywhere they go.
My dad allows his dog to do whatever it wants and his couch is disgusting. Actually his whole house is filthy. You can tell the dogs favorite spot because it's a nasty dark spot on the tan couch.
>>
>>3693747
Why wouldn't he respect his equals? You fear those above you and despise does beneath, respect is for those who stand beside you.
>>
>>3693990
My dog isn't my equal. My dog understands that I'm the leader and what I say goes.
>>
>>3694075
Ok, but that doesn't answer my question.
>>
>>3694076
>Why wouldn't he respect his equals
When your dog is your equal he thinks he can negotiate with you. You're gonna get cucked dude
>>
I can't imagine not letting my dog in bed with me. Morning cuddles are the best part of the day.
>>
>>3689430
American brain is a wonder of nature in how twisted it is.
>>
>>3693747
Literally only humans think like this. To the dog it's just part of the floor. They don't understand. Dogs are not smart enough to make furniture into a status thing unless you have a double decker couch and the dog always take the penthouse.

>>3693880
Outdoor dog fags blow my fucking mind. Why have a pet if it's going to be dirty all the time?
>>
>>3694191
Does he kiss you awake?
>>
>>3693590
They should. None of my cats or dogs are allowed to get onto furnitures.
>>
>why yes, my dog is allowed on the furniture. how could you tell?
>>
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 225x225)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>3694530
>its a heckin doggerino you gotta put the fear of the lord in em
>>
>>3694499
No she is a sleepyhead.

When my alarm goes off she gets up and lies on my feet or my chest.
>>
File: 1613971332533.png (185 KB, 394x373)
185 KB
185 KB PNG
>>3689200
What is wrong with these 3? Particularly the first one, is it bad for the animal to be allowed on furniture or is it just a "he needs to know his limits in the house" kinda thing?
>>
>>3694976
It's a boomerism, so nothing. You can safely ignore anything a boomer says.
>>
>>3690305
>develop dominance issues
Lol no. I let my dog sleep in my bed, but I toss and turn so much that he just gets annoyed and fucks off to the chair next to my bed halfway through the night like the bitchboy he is.
>>
>>3694976
Fudge you and your opinions, I make out with my dogs to build that inseparable bond

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoY_WbWovYR3Wy7R0UKVATdCIdNlw3DBY
>>
>>3693523
You clean your dog anus?
>>
>>3694976
Please refer to >>3694086 , >>3693880 , >>3693747

You should feed your dog raw meat. Dog kibble is a synthetic man-made food.

Training your dog with food conditions your dog to get excited around food. It's an absololutely terrible thing to do.
>>
>>3695248
yeah please refer to patently wrong bullshit. thanks gramps. you gonna throw a bible at me too and try and justify hitting/shocking them? you're a boomer regurgitating discredited nonsense from the 60s. just don't feed your dog at all so they don't get excited around food, lol. i only nourish my dogs with IV nutrient drips.

>meanwhile, every credible modern dog trainer
>it's a fucking dog
>they do a trick, you give them a treat, 10 repetitions later you don't need the treat
>>
>>3695248
Dogs do NOT think they are equals for sitting on the couch. Literally only human beings think furniture is a status thing. Kings have thrones, dad has the head of the table and his special chair, etc. It's the misapplication of how humans think to dogs and only weird old men still endorse it. Just because you trained the dog not to go up there, doesn't mean they think anything of it besides "if i go up there they yell at me". Dogs on furniture is more of a "how often do you want to vacuum the hair up" question.
>>
>>3695258
the same weird old men turn right around and make out with their dogs >>3695100
>>
>>3695226
The dog cleans their own anus... that's why it's fine if the dog sits on the couch, but not fine if they lick your face. Get your priorities straight.

Now, if dogs licked their fur like cats, they would be outdoor only pets. Lick butt -> lick fur -> fur is smeared in a fine layer of shit. Thankfully they only lick their butts.
>>
>>3689200
So basically if you have a dog you're a bad owner
>>
>>3695257
There's a fucking difference between meal time and training time. If your dog is hungry then feed them, but if you're training your dog then there is absolutely no need for food. You can give positive reinforcement to your dog by patting them or through verbal cues. There is literally no reason to train them with food retard.
>>
>>3695263
Yes. The majority (99%) of dog owners are fucking stupid and shouldn't have dogs.
>>
>>3695268
the dog does not know the difference. food has been used to successfully and effectively train dogs for ages. they already get excited by food by default, that's how dogs are. you can even use food to train them not to eat, they are that stupid.
>>
>>3695280
>They already get excited by food by default
Found the shit dog owner. My dogs literally will not move an inch in the presence of food that isn't for them. That's because they're not trained by food
>>
>>3689200
>Dog barks and/or howls when they aren't home
Most obvious sign I can think of.
>>
>>3689439
This is the most bizarre post I've seen about dog behavior. Why would a dog be doing courtship behavior to a human? Do you think your dog wants to fuck every mammal that's the opposite sex?

The best part is how wrong this post is about dog relationships. Dogs are polysexual; they don't form mating pairs like wolves do. They bond with humans because we've spent 10,000 years domesticating them to do so, not because they're trying to have sex with us.
>>
>>3695285
You can actually train a dog using food to leave food it's not supposed to take, believe it or not.
>>
>>3695248
Why is it bad for your dog to get excited about food? Do you also not let them get excited about toys, walks, petting or other dogs?
>>
>lets off-leash dog with zero recall run up to strange dogs or people
>"he's friendly!" when told to leash dog
>>
>>3695268
Yeah, unless your dog hates pets and doesn't give a shit about verbal praise. That might work for your german shepherd but it's not going to do shit for plenty of other breeds.
>>
>>3695373
>Do you also not let them get excited about toys, walks, petting or other dogs?
Yes, excitement and energy is only used during our daily training sessions and in private uses. In public excitement only leads to trouble for dogs.
>>
>>3689746
Timestamp on the boner
>>
>>3689200
Is this dude autistic?
>>
>>3695380
>hurr durrrr
An example of someone training a dog without any food.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEvmTy1AvJM
>>
>>3695442
Peter Caine is autistic about training dogs, yes. But Peter is one of the best in the industry to train without food.
>>
>>3689420
I shoot dogs for trespassing :)
>>
>>3695364
>Do you think your dog wants to fuck every mammal that's the opposite sex?
they do. see literally any untrained intact male. if it smells vaguely feminine they will try to fuck it. and unspayed females show interest in human men and limited courtship behavior. i really dont think "you just know" would be so common if the dogs weren't into it or else they would all be fearful, abused dogs instead of unusually happy

>>3695543
anyone who lives near negroes like you is asking for it anyways.
>>
>>3695386
I think I’m confused about what you mean by excitement. I train my dog with food, and she is eager to do the commands for the food I give her. Why is that bad?
>>
>>3695547
he overthinks things, mixes them with "common sense" (baseless assumptions) and comes to incorrect conclusions that only make sense in his head
>>
Any time someone says they're in favor of training with pure emotional reinforcement i get the same vibe i get off guys with intact female malamutes
>>
>>3695547
The dog will develop a habit where it associates food with excitement. When ever it sees ypur dumbass food it will go apeshit. Without food you train based on discpline. Why use food when ypu can use literally any other positive reinforcement? See: https://youtu.be/SbhiiIclyeQ
>>
>>3695565
I don’t think you’ve met any dogs trained with food because I’ve never seen this behavior you’re talking about.
>>
>>3695552
Dude yeah, or people who want wolf hybrid dogs.
>>
>>3695565
I agree that a ton of other stuff can be used as positive reinforcement but I really don’t understand the aversiveness to using food.
>>
>>3695575
Well yeah, it's literally the only way you can train a wolf because wolves see you as another wolf. Dogs are actually able to see you as a human. You do not train a wolf as much as you befriend it and marry it.
>>
no-food works. i had a friend with a dog who fucking hated me. i mean she was vicious and tried to kill me, and he was thinking of putting her down because of it since having me feed it didn't work at all. so i asked him to tire the dog way the fuck out and then let me walk it. so he gave the dog a jog and then handed me the leash and fucked off to play vidya. i jogged back to my house a mile away amazed the dog wasn't trying to kill me on the way there. when i got home and got the dog inside, it was pretty snappy but too tired to do shit. that's when i put the plan into action. i let it fuck off to sleep, and when it dozed off about 20 minutes later i spooned up behind and it started gently working my hands down her sides and towards her belly. she woke up and started growling but didn't have the energy to do anything except half-assedly try to nip at my hand but i think at this point it was feeling too god for her to be mad. or the spooning totally dominated her. eventually i got all the way down and started hitting... spots and once that happened she shifted gears and looked like the most placid, satisfied dog on earth. and then, she started reacting, shifting around, tail wagging, rolling all the way over. i stopped after about ten minutes and when she looked at me, it was the first time she didn't look like she wanted to kill me. i called her up, put the leash back on, and jogged back to his place.

i told him running with me must have made her respect me and ever since then she's liked me more than him. i guess i saved her life, but, he can never know.
>>
>>3695603
you raped it?
>>
>>3695609
just a good feel. it was like the animes where they start liking it immediately and beg for more.
>>
File: 4pW0fHsr8.png (2.2 MB, 1125x1670)
2.2 MB
2.2 MB PNG
>y-yamete kudasai! yamete!
>iie, iie, oniichan! teme! YAMETE! ONII-ch..aaahn~
>...kimochiiiiii~
>>
File: Eun7m0qXAAElUmN.jpg (47 KB, 680x609)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>3695611
>>
>>3695545
>i really dont think "you just know" would be so common
"You just know" is common on 4chan because it's a forced meme. People fucking animals is not a common occurence in real life.
>>
>>3695674
t. never been to brazil
>>
>>3689433
made me laugh. 10/10 post
>>
File: Shrugging-Man.jpg (54 KB, 400x266)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>3689439
I got a female dog just because I didn't want to look at doggy dick all the time
>>
>>3695908
Based.
>>
>>3695908
it's not the dick that's the problem imo, it's those huge dangly balls getting right in your face all the time
>>
>>3695936
>lose match online, get teabagged and ragequit
>fucking dog starts teabagging you irl
>>
>>3689439
This sounds like bullshit but it isn't

I have two dogs and for me
Girl dog = cuddliest most affectionate dog ever just wants to be with me all the time
Guy dog = rambunctious asshole that just wants to play 24/7

But for my fiance
Girl dog = standoffish dick
Guy dog = loves pets
>>
>>3696039
will my anecdotal evidence convince you otherwise? because i’ve has the exact opposite experience
>>
>>3696074
maybe your dogs are gay
>>
>>3689200
Wow I do all of those things lmao except for the pee matts, and we train with a collar. Love cuddling with my dog and dog parks are fuckin dope whats wrong with that
>>
>>3695271
So where should their dogs go
>>
>>3695552
Wdym
>>
>>3695598
Lmao wolves do not see you as a wolf
>>
>>3689439
just jack your dog off and he'll be happy
>>
>>3695674
>mythology is just that right? Made up myths
Oh my sweet summer child.
>>
>>3696090
You're just asking for trouble. Your dog is going to get into a fight at a dog park or they will develop poor habits becahse either your dog is poorly trained or the other dogs are poorly trained. Stay the fuck away from dog parks and don't let anyone touch your dog.
>>
>>3695674
it's so common that cave jews felt the need to reiterate the law on it 3 times and every society ever has had very specific regulations for it. I'd guess 1-2% of people are zoophiles and 1-2% of that group is capable of genuine love and empathy for animals while the rest see them as warm sex toys.
>>
>>3696090
Literally nothing will happen, it's just not that fags way so he thinks bad things will magically happen since he must be right. Dog training is full of 4chan tier autists who operate on overthought conjecture that's just grounded enough to sound like it might make sense, but there are massive gaps in their data and reasoning so most of what they say is wrong and if it works, it does by coincidence, by a mechanism other than the one they stated was being exploited.
>>
>>3696178
Shit dog owner spotted. The redflags posted in this thread are proven issues that MUST be addressed. You can wing it and train your dog poorly but then don't cry when your dog is an aggressive asshole thst doesn't listen to you.
>>
>>3696185
If anything they've been disproven by all the perfectly fine and obedient dogs that sit on couches, sleep in beds, eat kibble, and get trained with food.

Keep on spouting that half-baked conjecture though
>>
>>3695386
>and in private uses.
Oh, so you fuck your dog. Got it.
>>
>My dog is only allowed on the bed when invited
>For private uses
>;)
>>
>>3695405
Do your loved ones know this is what you've become?
>>
>>3695405
You can see the boner through the towel whenever he's laying on his back
>>
>>3689260
>huge
>>
>>3696083
maybe all dogs are gay and yours are abnormal
>>
>>3689200
>>They allow others to pet their dog
What's the issue with that? Some dogs are total bros, enjoy it, and yet play along well with their owners.
>>
>>3689430
I wonder how hardened your arteries are.
>>
>>3689430
Based liberal
>>
>>3689200
My dogs sleep in bed with me and it saved me hundreds on my gas bill this winter. You're missing out on some serious snuggles.
>>
>>3689439
This is true to an extent but isn't the on-off rule you think it is. When I was young I had a male dog that was jointly raised by my mother and I. He sooked to her more often but when his wants were at odds with ours, like when he didn't want to come inside after a walk, he would only obey me. He didn't respect my mother.
>>3695543
>I shoot shitbulls
based
>>
>>3697678
>Dog gets excited after being petted and jumps on the person
>They fall and break their arm

Or...
>Dog gets excited after being petted and bites the person

Either way, your dog getting excited is never a good thing.
>>
>>3698605
If they cant keep my dog from knocking them over that their fault, not his, he's trained to probe for weakness, he can smell it.
>>
File: 1955014779.png (849 KB, 563x928)
849 KB
849 KB PNG
>>
>>3689200
Two of these seem arbitrary.
>>
>>3689430
>too bad human training isn't full of them. workplaces are way too full of retards who want "sick leave" and "shorter shifts" and "more breaks" and "being allowed to use the bathroom" and productivity is suffering while product prices go up, and the chinese who treat people like dogs out compete us.
Holy shit I hate americans.
>>
>>3689276
/thread
>>
>>3698605
>After pulling all the bullshit alpha dawg theory bullshit you can, thinking your dog will magically respect you because you smacked it for being on the couch, your dog STILL freaks out when someone else pets it
Sounds like you failed as a dog owner, buddy.

My dog sleeps with me, including on the couch, so their need for close companionship is satisfied and they are perfectly calm when interacting with other people. A dog that can't safely interact with strangers is a liability.

>dont touch my dog!
>we have to, faggot, we're cops
>ARFARFARF*CHOMP*
>i told you fags!
>>
>>3700890
yes, married people are generally calmer and more secure around randos.

the secret to keeping dogs that are commonly thought to be little nightmares under control is as simple as cuddling and brushing them every single day, sometimes multiple times a day.
>>
>>3689200
I will be getting a dog soon. Tell me what I shouldn't do.
>>
>>3700894
Deny them cuddles
Train them without food
Spend less than 3 hours a day actively playing with them
>>
>>3700894
When they try to lick your face, make sure to open your mouth for as long as possible.
>>
>>3695386
>and in private uses
Dogfuckers should neck themselves
>>
File: ncXRs5Y.jpg (214 KB, 1024x576)
214 KB
214 KB JPG
>>3700939
there would be no /an/ left
>>
>>3700893
Is that picture you? I think i met you when you went camping with your dog in colorado a couple years ago

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.