[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: OoO.jpg (172 KB, 1200x800)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
Why do retards make such a big deal out of eating bugs?
>>
>>3685006
Because i dont want to eat them?
>>
Because unfamiliar = bad
>>
I ate bugs before. Tasted like raisins.
>>
Life before globalism: Fresh clean meat from historically and culturally significant animals that have been bread and domesticated for millennia.

Life under globalism: Due to our corpocratic financial schemes the human population has ballooned too such an over populated state their CONTINUED GROTWTH can only be maintained by a more abundant cheaper less energy costing source.

The rich will force the poor to eat bug so they can continue to profit from endless population/ financial growth. Meat will become a luxury item/ privilege that only the 1% will be allowed to enjoy. While the rest of the drone slaves dine on zee bugs
>>
>>3685006
Because da joos, even though not a single one of these dipshits can cite an instance of da joos establishing or even directly promoting entomophagy.
>>3685055
Nobody has ever even attempted to force you to. Now go back to your designated political shitting board:
>>>/ck/
>>3685079
Which would you prefer, that we broaden our range of proteins or we force people to quit reproducing? Go write your answer on the thread the guy I replied to above writes on >>>/ck/
>>
>>3685096
Attaining a very slight negative population growth till we managed to halve our global population would be best. Then maintain 0
>>
File: 1515383419828.png (806 KB, 1024x719)
806 KB
806 KB PNG
>>3685079
>animals that have been bread
>>
>>3685079
>Life under globalism:
You shitposting on 4chan.
>>
Ask a political question, get a political answer. Eating bugs has nothing to do with sustainability, morality, or protecting animals and everything to do with economics. Nobody is forcing you to eat the bugs YET, but that is quickly starting to change. You also can't refute the fact that there are traditional and cultural reasons people choose to eat and not eat specific animals. Do you think humans just now discovered bugs can be food? It's all about destroying culture, homogenizing the human race, and maintaining the economic machinery of global capitalist corpocracy at any cost.
>>
>You WILL eat the bugs.
>>
Seafood was once considered disgusting inedible shit for poor people, look where it is now.
>>
>>3685006
>keeping the legs on
Fucking disgusting I'm imagining them getting stuck in my teeth
>>
>>3685184
Because the bible says shrimp is bad and they didn't really have refrigerators back then.
>>
you must sacrifice for dirty brown people with 10 kids
>>
>>3685181
I wish Greta was my wife.
>>
>>3685184
That's because seafood spoils incredibly quickly without any refrigeration.
>>
>>3685079
>CONTINUED GROTWTH
we can barely maintain our current levels
>>
>>3685144
You sound like a fucking schizo. Just be honest. No one is plotting to destroy culture by forcing you to eat bugs. You're just a retard whose knee-jerk reaction is to be contrarian and you're making up bullshit after the fact to explain why the thing you're reacting against is actually part of some evil scheme.
>>
File: 1613176253563.jpg (99 KB, 1024x576)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>Wear the mask
>Take the shot
>Eat the bugs
>Drink the söï
>Join the commune
>Stand in the food line
>>
emotion based sensationalism
>>
>>3685401
except he's right

the capitalist elites want to destroy and modify culture so it is more compatible with the constant expansion they need to keep profits up. the same people clamor for immigration as they end up with more retirees than employees, and start putting out fertility propaganda if that doesn't work. they want nothing but MORE RESOURCES, MORE WORKERS. anything that frees up some resources to be exploited or increases the amount of people they can exploit is a goal.
>>
>>3685096
>ask question
>anon answers question without buzzwords
>still tell anon to fuck off go /pol/
Be honest, you just wanted an excuse to argue and call people /pol/tards
>>
>>3685006
>Why do retards make such a big deal out of eating bugs?
It's a significant downgrade from the status quo.
>>
>>3685006
I can smell the bs through the 5k... I bred locusts when I was a herper from 2005-2006. thousands and thousands of them. ate some too. pretty shitty in general but I can see them being made into a better potato chip alternative. but that's not the point. in order to be better, they also need to be fed right, emaning green fresh herbs very much like a cow. so gram for gram, pasture fed beef outclasses them in productivity. but pasture fed beef outclasses every form of agriculture in general. but it's the prime target for critque for "green new deal" cunts.
>>
I don't like the taste or texture of them compared to meat.
>>
If we get to the point where I have to eat bugs because Mr shekelberg wants to keep making profit and growing the world population im just going to blow my brains out
>>
>>3685876
>not blowing Mr shekelburg's brains out instead
Be the change you want to see, anon. In Minecraft, of course.
>>
File: 1612501436208.png (65 KB, 300x300)
65 KB
65 KB PNG
>>3685006
>>3685065
>>3685096
>>3685401
Butthurt Chinks detected
>>
>>3685387
>>3685349
Salting and smoking have been used to preserve fish for thousands of years.
>>
Well shrimp is good but bugs somehow just aren't cooked with the same methodology
>>
>>3685006
Can I just not eat bugs?
>>
If Americans ever move towards entomophagy it'll be because businesses begin to offer it as a cheaper alternative towards rising meat prices as environmental issues make production less sustainable, just like how chicken only became popular following beef shortages during the World Wars and Great Depression. Thinking it's part of some secret global conspiracy to destroy Western culture or whatever is fucking unhinged.
>>
>>3685969
What about pigs? I never knew that about chickens that's pretty cool.
>>
>>3685971
Pork was in the same situation as beef. Already popular but shortages led to people starting to consume chicken. Previously chickens were primarily kept for eggs and were eaten only by the extreme poor or the occasional wealthy person as a novelty (akin to people ordering flavoured cricket snacks on Amazon today), chicken didn't become a staple until circumstance forced the average person into eating it.
>>
File: image_2021-02-14_010123.png (1.28 MB, 1200x630)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB PNG
>>3685079
People literally evolved eating bugs. More people can digest insects compared to the ammount of people that can digest lactose. You westerners are just a bunch of pussies.
https://www.discovermagazine.com/planet-earth/how-scientists-know-our-human-ancestors-ate-insects
>>
>>3685006
they would make you eat shit straight out their asses if they could get away with it. have fun eating shit.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j0_TDPaUznw
>>
>>3685995
People literally evolved scavenging rotting carcasses as well, Chang. I will not eat your sewage fried crickets.
>>
>>3685969
Eating bugs is not a conspiracy, it's a symptom of a conspiracy. The current capitalist model is simply not sustainable.
>>
>>3686025
>The current capitalist model is simply not sustainable.
/thread
>>
most of them are toxic pufa bombs and humans are not retarded, we simply do not eat them on a large scale because they are not good for the human physiology...
in 2021 we really think this is somehow a revolution we have missed, eating bugs..
>>
>>3685006
drink soi, eat bugs, live in pods, stay in pods, don't have kids, get the vaxx, wear the mask, spend your money, don't have properties, etc, etc
>>
Ate fresh crawdads the other day. I don't know how anyone can crack open and eat those and then tell me eating grasshoppers, cicadas, etc. is disgusting. Moreover saying that eating insects is a China move is fucking stupid, everyone knows the Chinese only eat endangered animals or things that scream when they're tortured.
>>
it contradicts the myth of progress the west implicitly operates on, and it's strange seeing the pointless products of finance capitalism every day while being denied basic foods
>>
>>3686257
trust the experts
believe in science
>>
File: red-2.jpg (74 KB, 400x600)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>3686003
>People literally evolved scavenging rotting carcasses as well
Americans still do that.
>>
Will the millionaires and billionaires eat the bugs?
>>
File: bugs.jpg (424 KB, 2048x1363)
424 KB
424 KB JPG
>>3686338
Yes.
>>
File: 1613049467074.jpg (86 KB, 555x631)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>3685096
>>
>>3685079
"Globalism" is a meaningless buzzword, trade between peoples has existed for thousands of years. What you're really trying to say is "illuminati/ZOG/lizardman/Jesuit control", but that would make you look silly.
>>
File: podumoy-original.jpg (45 KB, 742x553)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>3685105
>remember what they take from you
>>
>>3686400
it's the antithesis of nationalism, both are modern concepts
>>
>>3685006
Same reason some kids make so a big deal out of eating certain vegetables - they didn't grew up with it and new is eww.
>>
>>3686341
Those aren't bugs (hemiopterans) which are gross. they're crustaceans, which are delicious.
>>
>>3686421
What's the big difference?
Both are arthropods with creaky exoskeletons.
>>
>>3686341
hey, deliver me that plate daily and I'll stop eating chicken, beef and pig. for the sake of the climate ofc!
>>
>>3686256
>they are not good for the human physiology
Yes they are.
Insects have been studied, dissected and analyzed since the dawn of civilization. There's nothing unhealthy about them, quite the opposite in fact.
The stigma started from sheltered women and faggots who are scared of getting stung.
>>
How do insect farms deal with frass?
>>
>>3686424
Taste, texture, lifestyles, environments, size.
>>
>>3686473
>taste, texture
Not that different compared to freshwater crustaceans
When they're deep fried the taste is almost identical
>lifestyles
Both are scavenging critters that will eat any form of detrius. The lifestyle of aquatic arthropods makes them more gross, if anything.
>environments
We eat plenty of terrestrial animals so I don't see how that's a dealbreaker.
>size
The edible part of a shrimp is about the same size as a large beetle larva. Similar shape too.
>>
>>3686485
Deep fried anything tastes identical due to the batter and oil smothering everything. Texture wise I've had bugs and crustaceans alike and I've got a distinct preference for the crustaceans. Something about actual bugs just feels "off" in my mouth. As for taste I'm pretty sure the crabs I've dredged up and chucked in a boil in my days have been different from the locusts I've eaten.
>>
>>3686498
The internet turned you into a retard
>>
>>3685006
I wouldn't care about normalization of eating bugs if it wasn't very obviously so the powers that be could justify taxing the fuck out of meat. Choosing to eat bugs to save money or for ethical purposes is fine and dandy, having to eat bugs because the state taxed meat into being unaffordable for most people to keep their various Ponzi schemes rolling isn't.

This thread probably belongs on /pol/
>>
>defending eating bugs
Shills, trolls or mentally ill?
>>
>>3685961
tru
>>
>>3686651
Meat is going to get more expensive regardless, either in the short term because the industry becomes more regulated and taxed, or in the long term because the environment fucking collapses.
>>
Eating bugs is being pushed purely by upper classes as a means to protect their cow eating lifestyle from unsustainable growth at the expense of other people's access to luxuries. Eating bugs will always be considered a symbol of abject poverty and less desirable than actual meat.

It's basically one of the only instances of poorfags vehemently opposing against richfag bullshit instead of just rolling over, you should be glad for it.
>>
I just want to be able to not starve to death if the grid collapses, desu. You can farm your own bugs in plastic bins and they'll eat pretty much anything. Super strange to me seeing how it's the conservatives who are upset about it since it's basically a prepper wet dream come true.
>>
>>3687161
Because they use bugs for chicken feed and bait for fishing.
>>
>>3685184
what if I still think that
>>
>>3685079
Life before globalism: choking on bread for thousands of years for no reason other than that grains can be stored without going bad for months. Develop a culture where 90% of the food is carb heavy garbage leading to the vast chunks of population being both obese and malnourished at the same time. Be so heavily conditioned to eating that trash that a mere prospect of cheap, protein and vitamin heavy and tasty bugs disgusts you as you literally poison your body with gluten and sugars just because your shitty "culture" has been doing so.
>>
>>3687218
countries where bugs are a dietary staple aren't exactly poster boys for a healthy and thriving general populace bro
>>
File: EfT9smqi-uI.png (1.89 MB, 1200x800)
1.89 MB
1.89 MB PNG
It has nothing to do with jewish conspiracies. You are just being a bunch of insufferable /pol/tard cunts afraid of anything new.

And I think most of you actually understand that but still refuse to use your brains when screaming about da joos is more convenient.

The bugs are not processed into food because some invisible pedo lizardman conspiracy said so.

It is happening because only a blind retard does not see the benefits of them:
1. They are by far the cheapest and most energy efficient source of animal protein.
2. They taste great and can be cooked and processed in a myriad of ways just like meat.
3. Right now the arguments in favor of eating meat for its nutritional value justify the cruelty, yes, and even when they don't, your force of habit does. But you know that future generations of youth will actually get to make a choice. And you are afraid because you know that anyone with a functioning rational brain will choose a cheaper alternative that does not involve the moral dilemma that comes with eating meat.

That's it. There is literally not a single fucking argument against eating bugs that does not revolve around it being a new thing in the west.
And you faggots know it. But you can't force yourselves to blame the market forces for that because that's what evil marxist commies do. And so you scream about da joo like insane schizos that you are.

Not that it matters. You'll just keep on screaming at this new thing the same way braindead tribalist retards before you used to scream at every single thing that makes modern life more convenient and fun. And then you will die. Sour and lonely, looked down at by your own kids, assuming your virgin trad-larping ass will ever have any.
>>
>>3685096
>da joos
How come you can’t spell it correctly?
>>
did not take /an/ for a /pol/ colony
more than a tad cringe
>>
>>3686424
You literally can’t cook insects the way you can cook crustaceans. One can be boiled and removed from the shell with no fecal matter, the other is about 14% feces by dry weight and can’t be separated from the exoskeleton.
>>
>>3687249
>did not take /an/ for a /pol/ colony
Anon, people hold opinions. Hitler liked dogs, and lots of jews like dogs. You’re never going to get through life without encountering someone who likes something that you do, but has completely different views on other things. If you like open censorship of wringthink, then maybe Twatter or Plebbit are more for you.
>>
>>3687241
Christ alive why are you so fucking angry that people don't want to eat insects? I just think they're visually unappetizing and I don't like pretending that they taste good. You accuse others of tribalism but here you are associating a political movement you dislike with a manner of diet preference so you can attack it.
>>
File: Africa.jpg (61 KB, 640x441)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
I'm not fucking eating bugs because sub saharan Africans keep having 10 kids, hopefully the chinks force a 2 child policy on them. Fucking groids have no future besides maybe Rwanda. Should depopulate 90% of it and fill it full of a race that can manage themselves.
>>
>>3687241
>they taste great
No they don't, you can't even get the same meat variety from them as you can from a cow. Id sooner live on aquaponics than fucking touch insects
>>
>>3687263
Yeah, nah. This topic wouldn't be so popular on /pol/ if it wasn't political. Hell, look at this thread. Even outside of /pol/ you faggots can not help but scream about lefties, globalists and jews when the topic is brought up.
So you can stick your attempts to gaslight people with those claims of being apolitical up your own ass.

But let's entertain the idea that you are in fact a unicorn on this donkey corral of a website.
1. Meat industry will lobby the living shit out of anything trying to oppose it. It will not go away as long as a large % of the population provides them with a demand.
2. Production of a good chunk of electronics at your house involved literal child labor. Nobody with actual power gives a fuck about moral conundrums as long as there's money in it.
3. 90% of the shit sold at the grocery stores is pure trash that slowly kills you and is worse for you than any fresh or frozen grubs or crickets could ever be.
4. You can not claim that it tastes bad because you could not have possibly tried the vast amounts of edible insect species cooked in all kinds of fashion.

If you like meat and are not a conspiracy theory schizo then you've got literally nothing to complain about. Keep eating meat while others try the new stuff out.
>>
>>3687320
OK still not giving up beef for grubs lol
>>
>>3687323
It's okay. There are less people demanding you to do that than there are people demanding you to stop eating any kinds of animal products period. You don't have to care or listen to either of those.

Just don't conflate the appearance of a new product on the market and attempts to promote it with a minority of schizos trying to ban everything that isn't that product.
>>
>>3687253
>with no fecal matter
All crustaceans contain fecal matter. Have you seen that black streak that runs along the back of shrip? That's shit.
>>
>>3685006
I want to try it, seems interesting. The chitin might be a bit hard for my weak stomach to deal with.
>>
>>3687253
Anon, those things can be fed greens that are perfectly edible by humans as is.
You can starve them before cooking them. Hell, you can feed them with stuff that would actively improve flavor.
It's not unlike letting worms hang out in flour for a while right before frying them so that there would be no soil inside.
>>
>>3687442
>Shimp
Okay now show me that on a crab or prepared lobster. I'll wait.
>>
>>3687476
After you show me lobster-sized insects someone is trying to feed you with.
>>
File: new normal.png (207 KB, 1551x767)
207 KB
207 KB PNG
>>
>>3687445
You'd probably be okay. It'll act similarly to insoluble fiber.
>>
>>3685950
(You)
>>
File: 1611718992224.jpg (26 KB, 250x250)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
How are you fags any different from mudslimes and jews who refuse to eat pork?
At least those are backed by religious texts they have to follow. What is your excuse other than you slowly devolving into stereotypical schizophrenic uncles/soccer moms deathly afraid of anything new?
>>
>>3685006
why do /pol/tards put so much effort into shitting up every board?
>>
>>3687218
>tasty bugs
There's the rub though. Frying something and smothering the natural taste doesn't make the thing itself tasty. Bugs taste like ass.
>>
>>3687442
That's why you clean and devein them rather than leave it in like a fucking savage.
>>
>>3687314
That pic's pretty retarded considering africans conveyed history through stories told by word of mouth rather than text. It would've just continued being the way it was with tribes and mud hits rather than going full on third world. Yes there's a difference between being a tribal and a third world dreg before anyone questions it.
>>
File: pol.png (3 KB, 468x132)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
>>3685006
>>
>>3687893
>Frying something and smothering the natural taste doesn't make the thing itself tasty
right.
>Bugs taste like ass
wrong.
You're banking on nobody here having tried bugs cooked in any other way. Feeder crickets are a meme and taste like kibble but if you don't fall for meme bugs, there's lots of good choices.
>>
>>3685802
>so gram for gram, pasture fed beef outclasses them in productivity
But even then it still doesn't. You aren't the only person in the world to have fed grass to locusts, anon.
>>
>>3688076
Such as?
>>
>>3685006
The American Beef Council is currently campaigning against the bug uprising by perpetuating baseless conspiracy theories about the Jews and Chinese swindling the red-blooded American citizens into becoming bug-eating slaves. This is obvious for anyone who doesn't buy into surface-level nonsense spewed by a typical /pol/bot.
>>
>>3688100
Mole crickets, katydids, grasshoppers, dubia roaches, scorpions, water scorpions and silkworms are pretty good with their natural flavors. I've also heard lots of good about dragonflies but have never had them to verify.
>>
>>3687893
>Bugs taste like ass.
Repeating this with no basis except for your subjective disgust not backed up by any substantial experience won't make it true.
>>
>>3687899
>Yes there's a difference between being a tribal and a third world dreg before anyone questions it.
Being 3rd world means that your people have at the very fucking least figured out how to farm and become a civilization.

Tribal people are below even that. Only fucking commies fetishize tribal people because of outdated hegelian claims of prehistoric utopia based on nothing but dialectics (so, still nothing).

Guess fucking what? Your ancestors also conveyed stories through words 20 000 years ago and 100 000 years ago. And most likely before they could even be considered homo sapiens. Everyone still calls those times "prehistoric" and for a good reason.
>>
im going to stock pile beef. I'm not going to eat the bugs
>>
>>3688235
It's a good thing nobody is forcing you, retard.
>>
>>3688232
Nobody here is arguing that oral tradition is a virtue and should be regarded as superior or equal to written history. He just said it's stupid to pretend it doesn't exist until it's on paper. Settle the fuck down.
>>
>>3687263
He's mad because you people are being gigantic retards while deluding yourselves into believing you're not acting like the brainless sheeple you think you're above.
>new thing? no, me stick to what beef council say is best for me
It's disgusting
>>
>>3687241
Shalom
>>
>>3686400
If you're seriously implying that global capital and the international financial system we have now has been in place for thousands of years then you're delusional.
>>
File: VegNews.PinkSlime.jpg (172 KB, 1200x710)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
>deregulating the market so you can pump food with corn syrup and pink slime
EW THAT'S GROSS BRO DO AMERICANS REALLY?
>deregulating the market so you can do the same thing but with ground up insect parts
ahhhhhhh yes progress!
>>
>>3685079
this
>>
File: hypersoy.webm (2.32 MB, 960x540)
2.32 MB
2.32 MB WEBM
>>3685006
wear the mask, get in the pod, eat the bugs, biggot
>>
>>3685006
If these so called "elites" and "scientists" want everyone to eat bugs and live in pods then they should set an example and do it themselves. In the meantime I will NOT eat the bugs, live in a pod, date a tranny, wear a mask, social distance or take the vaccine
>>
>>3689825
That's a pretty good philosophy desu. If your own country's ruling class isn't doing it, why should you?
>>
>>3689825
The problem is literally nobody did it.
There is no way to get them fresh anywhere because it was just a suggestion from some random scholars and not anybody actually in power. A few news sites spread the word and then moved on. Nobody, not even the people suggesting it, has actually started selling bugs for consumption save for some garbage-tier feeder cricket farms that already sold pet food. I know this because I've been trying to get new bugs for most of a decade now but nobody seems to actually want my money.
So that's a fair assessment. The non-bug stuff in your post is retarded for reasons irrelevant to this thread though.
>>
>>3685096
Nothing ever starts off with outright forcing people to do something. Things start off as an idea of how or why something should be accepted. That idea is then constantly hammered into people's minds until enough people either do it on their own, or they aren't going to rebel if they're forced to do it.

As for the last part, that's a false dichotomy, as there are more options than those two.
>>
>>3685006
bugs are gross and only destitute savages eat them
>>
>>3689817
Nobody talked about deregulation, and insects are edible unlike whatever you posted.
>>
>>3689829
I want to eat insects.
>>
>>3690914
>bugs are gross
>>
>>3690879
So your worry about being forced to eat bugs depends on everyone around you or at least the vast majority of people to eat bugs until your preferred sources of protein are unpopular? Then you worry everyone's going to gang up against the remaining beef farms as if the issue was ever with the concept of farming beef rather than the impossibly large-scale factory farming?
Are you aware that after the past 10ish years of this idea being promoted, nobody has started any large-scale insect farms for the purpose of entomophagy? Nobody is working from the shadows on this one because nobody is working on it at all. You just see some random article on the Internet every few months or so saying "crickets aren't actually that bad" and suddenly get terrified that you're going to be strapped down and forcefed.
>>
>>3686400
stay on r/neoliberal you retard.
>>
>>3687442
It's mostly ingested sediment. Still a good idea to take it out tho.
>>
>>3685006
imagine eating animal protein
>>
>>3686341
That looks fucking sexy.
>>
>>3692210
If I was going to, I'd definitely start with the least aware animals out there.
>>
>>3690929
Well hey man if you don't care about eating gross shit why not just start eating thousand year eggs? Come on man it's only gross, what are you, a pussy?
>>
>>3688220
>not backed up by any substantial experience won't make it true.
I ate them when I went overseas. They tasted like ass.
>>
Crab, lobster, and shrimp are bugs.
>>
>>3692329
There's a big difference between ugly looking food and unsanitary food
>>
Fuck you guys. I'm gonna order me some bugs and try them out.

You're acting like it's already literally like the bug bars in Snowpiercer but I really don't think it is. I fckn swear, you freak out over nothing.
>>
>>3685006
What bugs taste best? There's such a huge variety I feel like there's a huge potential for some to taste like shit
>>
>>3685065
No they just taste like garbage. Ive tried plenty. They have to be covered in salt/spices and fried crunchy to be appetizing. Its mostly exoskeleton and some squishy hemolymph+guts.
>>
>>3692338
There is nothing unsanitary about century eggs. You are just whining because the dish is unfamiliar to you.
>>
>>3692640
I've heard some beetle grubs taste like bacon. They can't all be horrible right?
>>
>>3692642
Maybe, you will have to try more species of beetle grubs. Ive tried huhu beetle grubs and they tasted like ass. Ive also tried other larvae like silkworm larvae and they tasted mildly like the smell of mildew in socks. Crickets are just exoskeleton that gets stuck inbetween the teeth. Imagine eating prawns but with more shell and less meat.
>>
They're coming in later today. I'm finally doin it
>>
the only acceptable bugs are grubs anyway
>>
>>3692659
Congratulations on buying a novelty snack.
>>
>>3685006
I dont eat squid, I dont eat rats, I dont eat maggots, I dont eat bats.

I would probably try them if they were cooked and seasoned properly. I want to try scorpions and I like shellfish.
Would you eat something you never perceived as food and what you maybe view as disgusting?
>>
>>3692716
>I dont eat squid
>I like shellfish.

Squid are literally just clams without a shell. They taste very similar.
>>
>>3685006
Too crunchy
>>
>>3685378
So you could beat her?
>>
>>3687492
>he’s not eating wetas
Oh no no no
>>
>>3688232
Some native Sub-Saharan Africans had agriculture and state structures
>>
>>3692641
Although eggs can be conserved for a long time after a while they too begin to decompose, and decomposing food hosts all kinds of unsanitary bacteria.
After a century an egg would have been completely consumed by bacteria, shell included.
>>
>>3685006
because they keep claiming bugs are better than meat and are more healthy and that you should eat them by law and not as an option.
btw I'm mexico and I have eaten chapulines many times but I don't find them appealing at all and those fucking karens from gringolandia who keep crying and claiming we only eat bugs are totally insane and must be shoot on sight.
>>
>>3685079
Life under globalism is where I can see your paranoid shitposts, beamed straight from your Appalachian hovel into my home thousands of miles away.
>>3685006
I think it's kinda stupid in the first place. There's this weird thought that if we eat less meat, it has to be replaced by an equal quantity of bugs or packaged meat substitute product, as though there is no other way to get animal protein or essential nutrients.
>>
>>3685006
beef is a luxury 90% of the world cannot afford
i can eat beef relatively cheap in America
why would i want to ruin an industry and eat lower quality, cheaper food relegated to the 3rd world, when i can eat quality meats that are culturally normal
i don't want to live like a third world savage, because i live in the first world, and the work of my ancestors have secured a comfortable position for me, they wouldn't have wanted my country being reduced to eating insects and living in small confined spaces
>>
>>3692954
People overstate the "luxury" of beef, and that's part of the problem. Sure, if you are shoving multiple burgers down your throat on a daily basis like the average American its unsustainable, but you don't need to be a caricature of hyperconsumption. Personally I'd rather avoid chicken, because the meat per life ended ratio is too high, meanwhile a single cow produces enough meat to supply me for years at a time.
>>
>>3692961
if beef is understated as a luxury, and the alternative is eating insects, i would rather hold beef to this higher standard
i am not opposed to supplementing protein or nutrition by other means, i mean i take multivitamins and mix whey protein into my shakes
but i'm not going to step all the way down to eating insects, even if some guy who made an operating system thinks it's more efficient for society
>>
>>3692965
Your post is very strangely written, but I at least agree with you that the idea of eating insects for utility is retarded.
>>
>>3692968
i'm an autistic appalachian hillbilly
>>
>>3685006
What the fuck is going on in this thread?
>>
>>3692912
Century eggs are not literally a century old.
>>
>>3693048
Oh I wasn't familiar with the term.
Reading about them they sound like something I'd try given the chance.
>>
>>3693044
>"haha ur bug eating chink"
A real critical thinker here.
>>
>>3693086
come on man, less of 0.0001% of the western/south american population eats bugs. It's specific asian cuisine
>>
>>3693107
>>3693110
All of the posts he replied to were people laughing at his idiocy with regards to "globalism", not bugs. He's just seething that he's a retard with no real argument.
>>
>>3693112
Just gonna jump in and ask you: When have you ever seen a "real" argument on this cesspool?
>>
File: 1592178916872.jpg (16 KB, 382x382)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>3693112
I'm not that first /pol/tard that responded, faggot.
>no real argument
The only viable argument for eating bugs (which in my opinion are inferior to eating meat, as I also tried bugs on several occasions) is utilitarianism - alas, make room for more people and be miserable, instead of reducing the population growth and living more comfortably. Ergo, you are the one seething, you slit eyed fuck. Go to bed now, those plastic toys ain't gonna make themselves tomorrow
>>
>>3693121
>ur chink
>>3693120
Its becoming less common since the average IQ of this place has jumped off a cliff. Our frogposter friend is a great example, an insane conspiracy theorist who thinks the (((globalists))) want him to eat bugs or something, as he buys his government subsidized 3$/lb beef.
>>
>>3692697
I dont want to start with the grossest bugs first. I did some research and they seem to fit my palette best. They're also cheaper. I wanted to try scorpions (they apparently taste like jerky) but they were a little too pricey for me.

There aren't many good options for bugs in the US desu
>>
File: 1570340314223.jpg (41 KB, 249x249)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>3693124
I see you are a little slow-witted so I'm going to explain it to you one more time: I'm not this tard >>3685079, I didn't say anything about the illerminarty forcing it on us. But most of this thread revolves on insects as an alternative protein source and a tasty food. I said that the only case for widespread consumption would be from an utilitarian perspective, as they are not as delicious as meat (at least in my opinion, as I've tried insects). Now come on, stop seething and get your south-asian/chink runt ass to bed, you won't be able to shitpost and seethe at westerners for not eating bugs next month if you don't pay for your internet
>>
>>3693120
>>3693112
samefag
>>
>>3693145
>I think it's kinda stupid in the first place. There's this weird thought that if we eat less meat, it has to be replaced by an equal quantity of bugs or packaged meat substitute product
Well great, that was my post, so you are clearly too stupid to even reply to the right post.
>>
People revolved with rape.
Make rape acceptable.
>>
>>3685144
lol go outside you fucking loser
>>
>>3685995
>Insectivorous birds and mammals have specialised mechanisms to regurgitate chitin that animals can't digest
>Humans do not have this mechanism
It's almost as if humans weren't meant to eat bugs.
>>
>>3685006
Because humans didn't evolve to eat bugs
It evolved to be omnivorous so that we can eat anything that tastes good and packs nutrients
There's no reason to let go of high quality herbivore meat to literal bugs which needs high portions to meet the protein density of meat we already eat
>>
>>3693603
>There's no reason to let go of high quality herbivore meat to literal bugs which needs high portions to meet the protein density of meat we already eat
That's just flat-out wrong, a pound of insects has 2-3x as much protein as a pound of beef.
>>
>>3685006
While bugs are basically animals like any other animal, there is a big difference between being served a steak and a pile of bugs. A steak is a carefully cut piece of an animal that is "all" meat and fat. Meanwhile you are supposed to eat bugs whole, including their eyes, their weird legs, the fried poo that still remains inside of them, their texture and looks are disgusting too.

Bugs in general are disgusting.
>>
>>3686025
Industrial civilization itself isn't sustainable.
>>
>>3693616
>be insect
>eat same amount of grass as cow
>magically produce twice as much protein
>for some reason humans never considered this extremely potent food source as nutrituous before but now thanks to Modern Science(tm., Inc., ltd., copyrwrite 2021) we realised it's muuuchh better.
If it ever was better, then human societies eating insects would have outgrown and outperformed meat eating societies. They didn't, they lost out hard and disappeared from the face of the earth. We can't even digest chitin because our entire species has not eaten insects since we left our monke state and left the jungle.
>>
>>3693124
What's wrong with government subsidised beef which is tastier and healthier than shit filled insects?
The globalists are the only ones pushing this idea while they enjoy a delicious filet mignon and some caviar.
>>
>>3693107
Bugs are also a thing among populations that live close to rainforests like amazonians or central americans.
>>
>>3693174
Of course the dogfucker wants to legalize rape
>>
>>3693828
You're an idiot. The nutritional profile of meat is the result of how the animal processes and stores what it eats, not the feed itself. Insects have proportionally more musculature and less fat than a cow does, and thus a higher protein content per pound.

>If it ever was better, then human societies eating insects would have outgrown and outperformed meat eating societies. They didn't, they lost out hard and disappeared from the face of the earth.
Corn and potatoes are better crops than wheat or rice yet Native Americans were nearly totally wiped out, because there are many more important factors to the success of a civilization than the quality of its food source. Regardless, many cultures around the world eat insects and have been successful.

>We can't even digest chitin
We very much can digest chitin, the only reason we avoid the shells on shrimp and other crustaceans is personal preferences (plus their exoskeletons are much thicker than insects as a result of their larger size), but it's still completely digestible and very nutritious.

>our entire species has not eaten insects since we left our monke state and left the jungle.
People around the world have been eating insects for thousands of years.
>>
>>3693868
And fat is extremely healthy. Meat is therefore healthier than eating spider legs.

>Corn and potatoes are better crops than wheat or rice yet Native Americans were nearly totally wiped out, because there are many more important factors to the success of a civilization than the quality of its food source.
those are starches, which are the least valuable of all foodstuffs. On top of that potatoes aren't that much better at all.
Name one succesful culture that eats insects. Fact of the matter is that meat based societies such as the Arabs and Europeans outperformed everyone hard. In fact they utterly destroyed them. Therefore any non meat based society is trash tier.

>We very much can digest chitin, the only reason we avoid the shells on shrimp and other crustaceans is personal preferences
Bullshit we cannot eat the shells of shrimp, we shit them out and they don't even help digestion like fibers do.
>People around the world have been eating insects for thousands of years.
And how many of those cultures are of any value, aka contributed to the world, and aren't bumfucks up in some jungle or mountain? None of them. You know why? Because meat based societies outperform them every single step of the way. Because meat based societies are better. That why the elites eat filet mignon and they want the plebs to eat useless trash like spider legs and worms.
>>
>>3693842
>implying I, a patrician rape exclusivist, would dream of having sex with an animal that might misconstrue my forceful advantages as normal and enjoyable mating
nope, humans only. i like my rape to be reliably rapey, thanks.
>>
>>3693830
>The globalists are the only ones pushing this idea
No, I am too, because I don't want squeamish pussies to get in the way of my cheap gains.
>>
>>3693497
The human stomach can digest chitin just fine.
>>
>>3693946
then you eat the worms and I'll eat my steak and then we'll see who's better off faggot. fight me in three months at the parking lot of the local five guys.
>>
>>3693931
>And fat is extremely healthy
And grubs are absolutely packed with it.

>>3693956
Actually I'd eat both if city dwelling pussies weren't pushing against bugs.
>>
>>3693951
This, our stomach is as acidic as a vulture's, likely to cope with the high population densities we have been living with.
>>
>>3693931
>those are starches, which are the least valuable of all foodstuffs
So unimportant, that we call them "staple crops" and every civilization has been defined by the ones they grew. Nothing less important than sources of pure calories we can store for years.
>On top of that potatoes aren't that much better at all.
Potatoes are so much better people have hypothesized they helped catalyze the industrial revolution by enabling even greater population densities in Europe.
>>
>>3693960
Just go to your local animal shop. They'll have worms and shit. You can eat them by the handful retard. You just want to push insect shit on others. Also why eat fat grubs and protein spider legs if you can just eat meat.
>>3693964
Not every civilization, those Mesoamericans you talked about were defined by their potatoes and lost everything and we took over their potatoes and defined ourselves by them. Not really a defining characteristic.
>hypothesised
people also hypothesise that eating humans isn't all that bad.
>>
>>3693982
>They'll have worms and shit
Yes in small and overly expensive portions since it's a relatively niche market that is shaped around the needs of small animals. I want to be able to buy them by the kilos like I do with other food.
>You just want to push insect shit on others.
I literally don't give half of a shit about what you do, what other people eat is completely insignificant to me.
I want my cheap extra protein, and I don't want your bleeding vagina to keep it overpriced and out of reach. People like you are the conservative version of vegans, you are so spoiled and overfed by your urbanite life you value your retarded feelings and philosophical concepts over practical, material needs. I genuinely look down on you.
>Also why eat fat grubs and protein spider legs if you can just eat meat
Why not BOTH? I don't want to eat insects instead of meat, I want to eat them in addition to meat.
>>
>>3693988
>urbanite life
meanwhile not a single rural fucktard grows worms for dinner because it's fucking disgusting and retarded.
Grow your own worms instead of wanting others to grow them for you loser. Imagine going to the fucking pet store to buy worms when you can just dig them up from the ground. Imagine being the troglodyte that actually genuinely eats worms like a squirrel or a rat. You can have your rodent life, just don't push it on us in our actual civilization and actual society that's about eating meat and actual food.
>>
>>3693982
Wow, a real NPC, neat.
>>
File: 1613582418605.png (17 KB, 610x185)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
>>3685006
Is this achievable in our lifetime?
>>
>>3694018
Christ, this is exactly like arguing with a vegan. Absolutely zero difference.
The point of eating bugs is that it's a cheap proteic food that can be stored easily and eaten out of the bag. If I have to raise and cook them what's the point?
>muh dignified civilization
What you're saying is in no way different from "muh empathy" and "muh animal slavery".
I want easy access to bugs as food because they're convenient and make sense. I don't care about your abstract ideals, I think they're what turned you into the bumbling imbecile you are today.
I also don't care if you want to eat them or not, keep following your cock only diet, just don't start a crusade on my meals.
>>
>>3694050
>The point of eating bugs is that it's a cheap proteic food that can be stored easily and eaten out of the bag.
Actually no, the point of eating bugs is being muh bullshit green and diversity and shiet.
>If I have to raise and cook them what's the point?
As per your own argument, so you'll have a cheap proteic food that be stored easily and eaten out of a bag. You also could've just eaten nuts or dry jerky but since you prefer spider legs whereas no one else prefers spider legs because they're disgusting and about as natural to eat as gravel, why don't you raise them yourself so you can eat spider legs? Surely since it's cheap it shouldn't be much of a problem.
>What you're saying is in no way different from "muh empathy" and "muh animal slavery".
The difference is that animals are useless cancer and I don't need to care about their worthless existence. Dignified society concerns humans, which are actual worthwhile creatures. Thus the argument is completely and totally different. Unless you equal humans to animals, in which case you yourself make the empathy and animal slavery argument.
>I want easy access to bugs as food because they're convenient
If it's so convenient then why do you not make it yourself?
>and make sense
but it doesn't though. Not a single successful society actually raises bugs for a food source. You're just acting like an autist. Just eat some nuts. Much more convenient to eat out of a bag.
>I don't care about your abstract ideals, I think they're what turned you into the bumbling imbecile you are today.
Nice, no counter argument but just calling people niggers now.
Niggers are the only people actually eating insects, and they have an iq of 75. That should tell you enough of how dumb and backwards it is to eat bugs.
>I also don't care if you want to eat them or not
Why did you make this thread and not spend the time to raise a bunch of spiders so you could eat them? You're the one pushing your silly idea and wants approval. Retard.
>>
>3694141
>animals are useless cancer and I don't need to care about their worthless existence
Epic meme mr tourist, thanks for visiting!
>>
>>3694141
Try again but with less racism this time senpai.
>>
>>3694141
>N*ggers are the only people actually eating insects, and they have an iq of 75. That should tell you enough of how dumb and backwards it is to eat bugs.
Not cool man.
>>
>>3694148
>>3694150
It's not racism if it's true losers.
>>3694145
Prove they have value even somewhat comparable to that of a human. You can't, because they don't. They're animals. Not humans. Their innate value when compared to a human is 0.
>>
>>3685079
>Fresh clean meat
fucking lol if you actually believe this
>>
>>3694298
As opposed to what? Dirty diseased pus-filled meat that was handled by mexicans with shit on their hands? Not all of us live in the USA. There is a reason why their meat is dirt cheap, as it is literally filled with dirt.
>>
File: 117120037_std-9972.jpg (65 KB, 533x533)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>3685006
Because the poor chanted "eat the rich"
the rich replied "no, you will eat bugs"
and the poor said "yeah, we will eat bugs!"
>>
>>3694335
Why not both?
>>
>>3694195
If you don't care about animals, why are you on /an/ retard? Go back to /pol/.
>>
Never fails to shock me how wound-up the schizos get over the bugs
>>
I think it's funny. If the braindead liberal sheep suddenly decide to endorse something-- without actually endorsing it just saying they do for virtue-signalling points-- there are equally braindead people who will vehemently say and do the opposite, purely out of contrarianism. I want to see the California schmucks suddenly start promoting beef as the new "green" alternative, and say insects aren't the future. The whiplash will be hilarious.
>>
>>3689817
Even though mcdonalds and chicken nuggets are both fucking disgusting gutter grease slop, that picture is probably not actually food. And trust me, I know a lot of nasty shit is turned into food. Big ag is corrupt as shit and desu the more I look into it corn and onions and other subsidized grains arent nearly as disgusting as the shit they do with them and how they stretch them out. Like there was a pitch for a low fat ice cream made with fucking literal sawdust, and the only reason it wasnt put on the market was because it didn't taste good to the test market.
>>
File: Untitled.png (4 KB, 369x104)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
>>3693146
>>
File: 1600000869576.gif (1.54 MB, 500x367)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB GIF
>>3694150
its OK twitterfriend, you can say the niggerword here, you wont get cancelled
>>
>>3694521
Depends on how the janny is feeling on any given day.
>>
>>3685006
Western retards aren't aware they THEY are the elite that will be eating meat and all the brown people are the ones who will be subsisting off mealworm burgers and really don't want to pass up an opportunity to complain about stuff?

Expect bugs to be a quirky menu item for vegan customers found in seattle/spokane restaurants serving $30 burgers in an informal, unrefined atmosphere and nothing else.
>>
>>3694195
>humans
>innate value
the innate value of a human who is not my immediate family or even my extended family is the dollar amount i can extract from them, nothing less and nothing more.

my dog is worth more than a random unrelated loser off the street, honestly. most people won't give you in particular anything except the time and maybe shoddy directions. what they're good for is organizing into a force that benefits you much more. and in that case, the individual constituents are replaceable (and should be replaced with something cheaper to operate ASAP). people dislike this because they don't like not being the "main character" but it's life. you aren't special because you exist. you have to earn recognition by being able to contribute something to help other people, or you're worth less than a pet dog.
>>
>>3694526
Don't forget portland
>>
>>3694529
What was the point of even posting that? It is the 99.9% normie opinion you could get off of any slut on facebook.
>>
>>3693988
>Yes in small and overly expensive portions
Nigga you can buy like 100 crickets for ten bucks. They're like 10 cents a pop. After that point just breed your own after you've got a bag of them if you really want to eat them that badly.
>>
>>3694534
because i hate it when some dumb monkey thinks he's more valuable than something I actually like just because he shares some of my DNA. there's nothing more selfish than trying to claim that you are unconditionally good just because you're yourself.

if this is a normie opinion, good. too bad it isn't and the world is full of cattle.
>>
File: IMG_2486.jpg (116 KB, 1024x631)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>big brother tries pushing bugs and hiking up the price of meat
>local wildlife populations get decimated as people start poaching either out of refusal to eat bugs or sheer spite
>an underground economy for meat the likes of which has only been seen in China springs up in the land of burgers overnight
>mfw there's a sizable deer population nearby I've been eyeing for years now
I can't wait for the meat prohibition to begin. Getting paid under the table to shoot hoofniggers sounds like a dream.
>>
You WILL eat the guinea pigs.

>>3694540
bugs are being pushed on two people:
college students
africans

it doesn't affect anyone else
>>
>>3694542
I'm technically both of those things.
>>
>>3694379
I love animals. I just don't consider them as more important than people of the right colour gradient.
>>3694529
Nah ethnocentrism wins out over your short sighted thoughts, so much is obvious due to a shared culture. I know Americans are quite literally incapable of not being egoistic.
How is your immediate family innately more worth than others? Or rather how is your dog which is just a random useless dog more valuable than a random person who might earn you some money?
>and in that case, the individual constituents are replaceable
from what you said, this is not true. A force that benefits you is a force consisting of individuals which work together smoothly, yet you pretend that such a form of teamwork allows for easy replacement. It does not.
>you aren't special because you exist.
no one said so but if you had to choose between your dog and a random person and you chose your dog then I'd fully expect society to lynch you for being useless selfish trash that no one can trust.
>you have to earn recognition by being able to contribute something to help other people
since the only way is to earn you money to be recognised, and 99.99999% of the people don't earn you money, all those people are worth less than a pet dog to you. make that statement openly and you'll be lynched for being useless trash.
>>
>>3694539
humans are still worth more than dogs because you can potentially make money from humans but cannot from dogs. retard
>>
>>3694561
Be nice to her. Normies tend to be driven by emotional value rather than by practical value. That is just how they evolved to be.
>>
>someone goes apeshit about other people eating bugs, terrified they're going to be forced to eat them as well
>argue with them for even as little as two responses
>already they admit they've done zero research on the subject and somehow their hatred of nonwhites is somehow relevant to the topic
>always, ALWAYS end their shitfling by just covering their ears, shutting their eyes and shouting "DON'T CARE NOT GONNA EAT EM" while running away
These threads are the same shit every single time. I swear to god you """"people"""" are incapable of learning.
>>3694575
Are you trying to imply the average person values animal lives equally to humans regardless of their intelligence? Wow, you're super strong and brave for going against something like that anon, tribalism certainly isn't exactly the sort of monkey-tier mindset that would make them value you on the same level as your fellow primates, no siree.
>>
>quit letting your feelings get in the way of the truth liberal faggots
>NOOO I DUN WANNA EAT THE BUGS!
heh
>>
>>3694660
>make entire thread blaming muh society that you can't eat bugs
>someone tells you they don't want to eat bugs
>start to argue and claim you don't need to eat bugs but society just needs to eat bugs or some retarded goalpost shifting bullshit
>strawman and pretend your argument is a okay
>keep failing to substantiate why we should be eating bugs despite meat based society outperforming it hard.

>incapable of learning.
No they just don't want your bug eating indoctrination bullshit. Kill yourself loser.
>Are you trying to imply the average person values animal lives equally to humans regardless of their intelligence? Wow, you're super strong and brave for going against something like that anon, tribalism certainly isn't exactly the sort of monkey-tier mindset that would make them value you on the same level as your fellow primates, no siree.
>tribalism bad
no it isn't, it's how humans evolved loser.
>>
>>3694560
>if you had to choose between your dog and a random person and you chose your dog then I'd fully expect society to lynch you
That's the choice millions of people make every day when they choose to buy dog food instead of donating to the homeless.
>>
>>3694724
Holy mother of cope.
>implying I made the thread or that OP is unable to eat bugs
>implying people just said "I don't want to eat bugs" and didn't instead spew nonsense about it being for savages
>implying anyone here has said that EVERYONE needs to eat nothing but bugs
>implying calling you a retard is strawmanning
>implying I even came here to argue the economical logistics of it
I came here to call you a pussy for being scared to try them because many varieties of insect are pretty fucking good if cooked right, and I also came here to complain that the people promoting entomophagy aren't even trying to sell bugs which is making it difficult to even get into since you pretty much have to grow them yourself. That said, if you really want to know the advantages I'll tell you some:
>way less methane production
>higher protein yield per pound of feed
>less waste, doesn't lead to pig piss nitrates and chicken shit overflowing the creeks and rivers
>much, much less land acreage needed
>anyone can do it at home with minimal supplies, making it very accessible
>they're pretty good
also
>tribalism good
Tribalism useful for early society, now vestigial. Bug-eating useful for early society, then abandoned for more wasteful but fattier option. Now in world where fat easy to come by, bug-eating realized to be efficient and still pretty good. Ooga booga.
>>
>>3694575
>Normies tend to be driven by emotional value rather than by practical value
You mean like the people who reject insects as food because they're icky?
>>
>>3694743
Once, then it becomes easier once the setup is done. Are you planning to commit suicide or something?
>>
>>3694537
The process you described is more laborious and time intensive than just cooking chicken. It doesn't have to be.
>>
>>3694753
>Once
No, I still have to cook them, keep the enclosure clean and feed them.
>>
>>3694750
>they're pretty good
>if cooked right
lmfao
>>
>>3694756
Cricket maintenance is very easy and practically free. Chickens are a good choice but the cleanup, space allotment and cost of cricket farming are superior. Protein yield is pretty much the same but crickets are leagues more scalable and can even be farmed in an apartment.
You can just say you prefer chicken, you don't have to pretend you pick chicken over crickets for financial reasons. The real issue people argue about entomophagy is its superiority over red meats anyway.
>>3694764
Are you implying you eat raw meat and believe cooking meat to be a crutch?
>>
>>3685096
>Because da joos, even though not a single one of these dipshits can cite an instance of da joos establishing or even directly promoting entomophagy.
Leviticus 11:22
Also jews don't give an fuck about goyim being pure, quite the contrary.
>>
>>3694770
>The jews have the claim in their holy scripture that they, the chosen people, are to eat locusts
>Also they don't care if goyim don't eat kosher
So an ancient book instructed Jews and Jews alone to eat the bugs and you've taken from this that they plan to force everybody but themselves to eat them? Alright.
>>
>>3685960
>fish
Yes, actual fish. Also, reminder that salt was expensive.
How do you preserve crustaceans or shellfish before canning or freezing ? You can't.
>>
>>3694560
you just replied to a parody of jewery and obviously jews have been very successful in preferring their own genetic in-group
>>
>>3685079
Lmao i'm glad I'm a vegetarian.
>>
>>3694747
Nope entirely different. Homeless people are losers and of lower value than dogs obviously. They aren't actual human beings, just failures with a human facade. Your entire argument is anyhow nothing but a strawman of what I said but my point still stands. A random Human is worth more than a dog.
>>3694750
Why make the thread instead of not making a thread and just breeding some spiders so you can eat them while society laughs at you for eating bugs like a drooling retard?
>>way less methane production
Ah the ecoloser reveals himself. Eat the bugs or you will ruin the earth!!!!
Kill yourself loser, that's a win for the earth. But you won't because you're a hypocritical piece of shit.
>>higher protein yield per pound of feed
How is this relevant? Just eat nuts.
>>less waste, doesn't lead to pig piss nitrates and chicken shit overflowing the creeks and rivers
more ecoloser shit. This doesn't happen.
>>much, much less land acreage needed
Why is this better? Animals in a pasture are better than bugs in a factory.
>>anyone can do it at home with minimal supplies, making it very accessible
Yet no one does it, and no one will. In fact instead of shilling your backwards retarded ideas you could be doing it, per your own words. But you don't because you're lowlife scum who wants others to do it for you because even breeding cockroaches is too hard for you.
>>they're pretty good
If you're an anteater maybe.
>Tribalism useful for early society, now vestigial.
Nope. Tribes easily beat out other forms of human organisation.
>I came here to call you a pussy for being scared to try them
Lmao this is like saying, oh you don't want to eat feces? You must be scared of it!! No retard I just don't want to put something that's utterly disgusting and something not a single civilization considered food in my mouth because except for starvation there's not a single reason to eat bugs.
>>
>>3694752
>implying that's emotional rather than completely logical
Again not a single civilization has ever considered eating bugs as their main protein source. Because it's fucking retarded, disgusting, and we're not meant to eat them. We aren't lemmings. We're humans and we eat meat, nuts, and green veggies.
>>
>>3694754
So you're too lazy to breed crickets?
>>3694770
it's just a you may eat law. So if there's hunger and starvation, they can still be clean by eating locusts.
>>
>>3685096
>or we force people to quit reproducing
We should force certain people to quit reproducing.
Not even gonna go with the obvious race bait but the indians and the chinese could seriously tone it down.
>>
alot of bugs pop with mysterious liquids and shit. disgusting ngl
>>
>>3685006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6deUbS0bDo
>>
>>3685006
I don't have any problems with them, I've never eaten bugs before but even those crickets look like they might be tasty. What really bothers me is that it's pushed to be a big way we can stop climate change when it reality it wouldn't do anything while China and India are still blowing pollution out their asses, but instead of telling China to stop they'd rather just eat bugs instead.
>>
>>3695334
Hemolymph and gut contents. Not much actual meat in most insects compared to liquid, organs, eggs, and fat deposits.
>>
>>3695277
I didn't make the thread you blithering idiot.
>waah no I like methane!
You asked for reasons, I list them. Not my fault you're also a retard or possibly a cow.
>just eat nuts
Different proteins, and the same argument could be applied to red meat. Suck my nuts.
>animal waste despawns when I look away
Object permanence is a concept most humans develop very early in life.
>why is a more compact farm better? I like red meat more
Because it's more efficient, you asked for someone to substantiate the claim that bugs are a good choice and the General Sherman Tree is 275 feet tall.
>you could be doing it
And I fucking do when I'm able. When I ask for shit in stores, it's the want of options I can't easily raise at home. You know how you don't grow potatoes yourself yet you eat them?
>I've never even tried them before
Why are you acting like you have any place in this then? Go cry about Woka-Cola or whatever else it is your hivemind is doing today.
>tribalism good!
This one is going way off topic now. Unironically go debate that at /pol/.
>there's no reason to eat bugs! they're like dookie poopie! >:^(
Like I've already said, you're beyond learning.
>>
>>3695505
Global warming is a hoax perpetuated by the elites. So kys for wanting less methane. I want more.
>Different proteins, and the same argument could be applied to red meat. Suck my nuts.
Yes. Eat more red meats and nuts which are exactly the proteins we need, instead of insect proteins.
>Object permanence is a concept most humans develop very early in life.
Luckily bacteria exist that eat waste and waste in capitalist terms is a form of loss. Aka with time there will be found ways to recycle chicken shit because it's not worth shit when you let it go into the rivers. Retard.
>Because it's more efficient, you asked for someone to substantiate the claim that bugs are a good choice and the General Sherman Tree is 275 feet tall.
It's not more efficient. Green pastures are actual efficiency, not factory worms.
>And I fucking do when I'm able. When I ask for shit in stores, it's the want of options I can't easily raise at home. You know how you don't grow potatoes yourself yet you eat them?
Potatoes are literally the easiest thing to grow. Just buy one, throw it in the dirt, make sure the Irish don't make vodka from it, and within a few months you'll have ten potatoes.
>Why are you acting like you have any place in this then? Go cry about Woka-Cola or whatever else it is your hivemind is doing today.
Stop being scared of feces loser. Other animals eat them. It's very efficient to eat your own shit. You must be scared of it else you would have just eaten it like I ordered you to!!!!
>This one is going way off topic now. Unironically go debate that at /pol/.
Someone else brought it up, blame them. Tribalism good.
>Like I've already said, you're beyond learning.
There's no need to learn that insects and shit shouldn't be eaten. That's like trying to learn that you shouldn't sacrifice children to Satan. Somehow, someway, maybe not for a retard, but to every normal human being it's pretty obvious you should not do that thing.
>>
>>3685079
so retarded
>>
>>3694754
>buy crickets
>put them and some cardboard in a big trash can
>add food and water
>clean bin of the dead
Not hard my dude. You're the one that wants to eat them so get to it.
>>
>>3685969
I know this is over a week old but it's a very interesting assertion.
Do you have any sources or figures for the change in chicken consumption between the Wars?
>>
>>3685006
I don't want to eat bugs, I don't think humanity is going in the right direction where the eating of bugs is forced as a moral imperative.
>>
>>3695825
>eat red meat instead of insect proteins
Insects yield far more protein per pound of feed. I'll repeat, suck my nuts.
>muh bacteria
I've seen the damage with my own fucking eyes. Bacteria isn't breaking down chicken shit as fast as chicken farms are dumping it. Sure there might be a way to turn it into nuggets for someone like you to happily consume but until that day we're fucking shit up.
>green pastures are efficiency, not factory worms
Explain how. Efficiency isn't subjective, dipshit.
>potatoes are easy to grow
Exactly my point. You don't grow them but they are easy to grow, therefore by your own logic you're a greedy fuck for demanding others grow them for you.
>poopoo saem as bugz!
You have to know you're being disingenuous here.
>hurf
durf
>you shouldn't eat bugs! I-I just know you shouldn't!
Once again, your emotions get the better of you and skew your world views.
>>
>>3695846
I disagree.
>>
File: feels good man.jpg (38 KB, 410x512)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>3685079
Redpill: If you're in NA or Europe you are the rich. The 6.5 billion peasant slaves in south america, asia and africa are the poor. They're going to eat the bugs and live in densely packed, poorly maintained hive cities, slaving away for 12 hours at a time at gigafactories so you can keep on getting those burgers.
>>
>>3696043
why do you think I'd care, what am I suppose to say to this
>>
>>3685079
Not enough room on the planet for everyone to get real cow so smart folks are working on alternative sources of protein. Our ancestors ate bugs, British hardtack was full of weevils and their navy still built an empire. You're just a pussy.
>>
>>3696049
It's going to be 13 billion in the next lifetime. They are definitely going to be eating a 100% bug diet.
>>
>>3685006
Because people are faggots when it comes to trying the unfamiliar. That said the only bugs I've enjoyed has been crickets but that's because I'm a spic
>>
>>3696057
I could say the same to your redundant statement. That's exactly why I replied at all. Have you been waiting for a more detailed reply this whole time?
>>
>>3696071
k
>>
>>3696082
>>
>>3696084
k
>>
>>3685006
Unknown is scary. I will resist until it is forced upon me :(
>>
File: F1.large.jpg (189 KB, 1280x648)
189 KB
189 KB JPG
>>3694529
Lmao. Are you white?
>>
>>3686341
Sea bugs are pretty delicious
>>
>>3696099
NONONO STOP IT THEY'RE BIGGER THAN BUGS THAT MAKES THEM GOOD BUGS BAD!
>>
>>3694529
Based tribesman keeping evolution going by encouraging speciation

>foreign human genetic material
not inherently valuable
>your family's genetic material
inherently valuable or else it would not continue and remain distinct
>>
>>3686256
Are you familiar with chimps? They are our predecessors according to science. They eat fruit, greens, and bugs almost exclusively. We have the exact same digestive system.
>>
>>3686421
Spoken like someone who has never eaten a stink bug. They taste like green apple.
>>
>>3696104
Except no

Humans are on their way to evolving a carnivore's digestive tract because we almost exclusively eat nutrient dense, fiber-poor foods. Just without the gigachad stomach acid because we pre-digest our food outside of our bodies.
>>
>>3696117
the human digestive tract is most similar to a capuchin monkey's. they mostly eat nuts, fatty, sugary fruits, bugs, and small animals and crush their food before consuming it. its kind of like what a pig would have if they could prepare food.

then uneducated vegantards say we're herbivorous because we have big intestines, ignoring that we lack the specialized adaptations of a true herbivore lmao
>>
>>3687161
People will just go back to hunting before they'll live off of bugs.
>>
>>3696134
Some people, and once again they'll be outpaced by farmers.
>>
>>3696134
Too many people to be fed by hunting when agriculture collapses. If something like the Texas cold snap happens in USAs breadbasket states it'll kill all of that seasons crops. USA keeps no strategic food reserve so the corporates will need to come up with something quick to stop the food riots.

Bugs fed on garbage and waste products is quick to ramp up, energy dense and fulfills human nutritional needs. That's the plan when the weather is too unstable for reliable agriculture.
>>
>>3692210
Imagine your brain slowly declining in its ability to think critically after years of depriving it of the animal fats and b vitamins necessary for normal function and production of grey matter. When you're ready to leave your self-induced brain fog I suggest grass fed beef liver. You'll hate the taste, but you'll be high as a kite on those nutrients you've been missing. Don't feel bad, offer gratitude instead. All life is sentient and that liver was likely to be thrown out anyway.
>>
>>3692761
They taste way different my dude. I like squid actually, but I wouldn't make that comparison.
>>
>>3685006
they're pretty good
>>3685055
fatass
>>
>>3696189
kek
>>
>>3696146
Vast majority of people can’t hunt anyway and gag at the idea of having to kill and butcher themselves. They would rather eat onions paste than face the facts of where their beef and pork came from.
>>
>>3696356
You should kill and butcher yourself to show us all how it's done, oh wise hunting master.
>>
>>3685006
as long as you make it taste good it actually kinda sounds appealing
Like borgar but all the protein you need for a day
Like a crunchy little protein pill
>>
>>3694767
Don't be obtuse. The implication is that bugs taste like ass unless cooked in ways that cover every aspect of their ass taste. Mammalian and avian meat meanwhile can get by on pretty minimal seasoning and taste bland at worst.
>>
>>3685096
>we force people to quit reproducing
the only reason we'd ever be forced to eat bugs is because of niggers and pajeets. need to forcibly sterilize india and africa. remember africas population by 2100 will be 4 billion.
>>
>>3696504
then again i imagine this faggot would defend africas population ballooning tov4 billion... its unsustainable
>>
>>3696496
Anon I think you're hyper-focused on asses and what they taste like
>>
>>3696362
>Seething vegan advocating for murder
Every time
>>
>>3696496
If you want to focus on every letter I write like that, I'll go ahead and say many varieties of bug are good fresh and uncooked. The reason I clarified "if cooked right" was to prevent some chucklefuck from crawling out of the woodworks to go "yeah because you deep fry them and smother them in salt!" but I hadn't considered the possibility of that response happening instead.
I usually cook them first but at the least I can confirm ants and mealworms are pretty good raw as well. I'd assume grasshoppers and stinkbugs are good as well but I don't want to risk tapeworms from eating wild bugs uncooked.
>>
>>3696588
He thinks vegans are here advocating bug consumption
confirmed crayon chomper
>>
>>3696504
>>3696512
Why do all retards write like they're 65-year-old men on Twitter? You lost, gramps?
>>
>>3696061
if the population keeps growing wont they just start eating eachother?
>>
>>3685006
It's what the jews want us to do and I don't like bugs.
>>
>>3696621
>many varieties of bug are good fresh and uncooked
As someone who had consumed many varities of terrestrial invertebrate, I humbly disagree. Unless by 'good' you mean healthy. Taste is another story.
>>
>>3696766
Guess I'll have to agree to disagree
Have you tried raw lubber grasshopper before? I really want to give them a try but the aforementioned parasites worry me. I like the gutsy taste of whole shrimp and suspect uncooked lubbers to taste similar, minus most of the fishiness.
>>
>>3696831
>I really want to give them a try
they literally ooze black shit that tastes and smells like death so they dont get eaten
>>
File: dawndishsoaplolc.jpg (85 KB, 916x687)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>3696362
Not him but check out this duck I slaughtered and butchered uwu

This was after plucking but before gutting ^w^

I would love to do this to a cow or hog. Holy shit so much food. So rewarding~<3
>>
Seeing a real schizophrenic post is kinda sad, makes you want to put it down like a sick dog.
>>
>>3696362
I've killed chickens at my uncle's farm before and watched my mom cook them. It's kinda fucked the first time you realize you're taking a life but then I remembered I ate more whole chickens than there are days in a year so who fucking cares? Same for fishing and frying it afterwards. Same for bug farms if what I read is to be believed.
No fucking clue how to reasonably kill a cow myself but I've seen the town butcher at my great grandma's village kill a pig. Same as above, kinda fucked, but what's the difference from seeing what you'll eat before it's dead?

Humanity is at the top of the food chain for a reason and the only problems we struggle with are problems society inflicted on itself by prioritizing profit and unsustainable "cool" lifestyles while telling each other "We won't be alive when shit happens just do as much as you can now". Zero preservation for the human species.
>>
>>3696848
Won't stop me from wondering.
>>
>>3685079
Bread
>>
>>3685055
Nobody is making you though?

>>3685006
Have to admit, looking at them like this does make me a bit squeamish. I have little to no problem bugs, but served as food whole.. bleh. I don't really like bone in meats either so more processed insect products (like those chips I remember, or the "flour") would probably be more agreeable to me. Maybe it'll be an acquired taste thing but presentation really does matter, even if the taste was incredible.

>>3685079
Globalism is the endgame for capitalism. It was always going to be this way. International trade goes back the silk road. Don't forget that until the modern era even in the most wealthy countries most folks didn't eat meat regularly. The reality is we grew up in a very strange time of abundance, decadence and luxury. A person living in the first world today has a quality of life and opportunities far beyond that of kings hundreds of years ago.
>>
File: 20210219_151616.jpg (876 KB, 1200x900)
876 KB
876 KB JPG
>>3696362
I did just last weekend. Its not that hard, its just that most people find it too sickly to do and would rather not think of the processes behind where their meat came from.
>>
>>3696622
>He thinks
Who?
>>
>>3695399
I don't care if China drowns in smog, I care about the health of my own environment.
>>
>>3695829
I never said hard, I said laborious and time intensive.
I can do it just like I can grow my own lettuce and raise my own chicken, but that's not convenient overall.
>>
File: female-w-babies1.jpg (142 KB, 600x402)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
>>3695279
The crustaceans you eat today were considered on the same level as insects in the past. No civilization developed eating them.
Thankfully we are heading towards optimization, and bugs will be part of it.
>>
>>3695287
>So you're too lazy to breed crickets?
No, I simply value my time. Do you farm all your food?
>>
>>3698227
>We
No, Africa, Asia, and South America. They will eat the bugs to spare us the meat.
>no civilization
The pertinent ones have all been eating bugs for a while. For us it'll just be another ingredient in beyond burgers.
>>
File: EpTfs50W8AMUr9r.jpg (244 KB, 1310x1292)
244 KB
244 KB JPG
>Why don't people want to eat bugs?
>Because they don't want to?
>OMG STOP BEING POLITICAL.

What? Are you purposefully being stupid? Stop that right now, this is 4chan, not Facebook.
>>
>>3698244
/an/ is a pretty big retard magnet for some reason.
>>
>>3685006
Cause they are fucking disgusting. Land bugs are, that is.
>>
>>3698217
it takes a lot less work to raise mealworms than to raise chickens/tend to a garden.
>>
>>3698283
Mealworms are definitely harder to keep than a garden since you need to take into account space, enclosure hygiene, diet, temperature and humidity. You also need to farm enormous quantities to get a proper meal
>>
>>3698302
I stack a few boxes and I have thousands. It’s not hard.
>>
>>3698244
More like
>Why don't people want to eat bugs?
>I HATE NIGGERS REEEE
>>3698252
It's been this way since about late 2015, unfortunately.
>>
>>3685006
Because republicans have been specially trained to fight tooth and nail against any newly suggested, cheap food sources that might compete with our current corporate overlords.
>>
>>3685096
>Which would you prefer, that we broaden our range of proteins or we force people to quit reproducing
For a start, Id rather we stop subsidizing the rapid reproduction of undesirables in the third world
>>
>>3698460
Why are you so concerned with the wildlife security of the third world but not your own?
Nautral habitats in the first world have it worse.
>>
>>3698211
city insectoids are hardly people. At least not in the natural sense.

Also what kind of animal is that? A goat? Deer? Very pretty pelt
>>
>>3698535
>rampant poaching in third world countries
>mass deforestation in the third world
>Nautral habitats in the first world have it worse

>>3698342
Did you say that before or after sucking Bill Gates's dick?
>>
>>3699811
Everything poachers are killing in the third world has already been completely wiped out in Europe and NA.
All the mass deforestation of south America and south east Asia are only a microscopic fraction of the wooded habitats that have been lost in Europe and NA. I don't think you realize how massive the forests of developing tropical countries are. Europe used to be like that too before everything was covered in cement.
I want my land to be restored and rewilded, then I'll think about other countries.
>>
>>3699811
I AM Bill Gates, anon. Get your shit together.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.