[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 23 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Are wolfdogs and actual wolves better than shitbulls as pets?
>>
File: not wolflike behaviour.jpg (461 KB, 1004x1429)
461 KB
461 KB JPG
>>3644064
depends anon, how do your want your pet to act?

Wolves are loyal to death, and highly dependant on their pack (you), but also nervous wrecks which helped them stay alive and also knowing their place in the heirachy.

Dogs are also loyal, and we bred the scaredy out of them so they don't fight or flight at anything out of the ordinary, and so that they can stay home a day without psychilogical trauma. We also made them really submissive so they thrive at the borrom of a family heirachy.

shitbulls are dogs too, except we bred them for fighting, where the most winning trait is not to show signs of aggression before attacking. So you get a dog that is completely unpredictable before it attacks, which is why they're shit
>>
>>3644064
Both are bad for different reasons. The difference is that wolves and wolfdogs don't deserve to be subjugated to being a pet. I wish people would stop exploiting wolves for their pet wolf fantasy which ultimately results in these animals being unhappy confused wrecks, all for the sake of human vanity and entitlement.
>>
>>3644064
at least they look nice
>>
>>3644090
I don't think is bad to own wolves and wolfdogs but when owning one you should consider yourself as a pack leader and the wolf as a member of your pack. It's not the usual owner/dog relationship
>>
Pitbulls are deliberately bred to be the dog equivalent of psychopaths. Wolves are wild animals where survival instinct > everything else. Both choices are dangerous to you and your family. The right decision is not to choose any of these two as a pet.
>>
>>3644064
>Step between wolf dog and food bowl
>404, Hand.exe not found
>>
>>3644121
only if you're the beta
>>
>>3644064
They both suck cock, get you a coydog
or just a straight coyote
>>
>>3644085
pitbulls show signs of agression before attacking, it's just more subtle than most of ther dogs though
>>
>>3644090
A wolf is 100% happier than a pet assuming you meet their needs for space, stimulation, food, and sex.
>>
>>3644064
Just get a NAID. Like a husky, but sane, and not retarded looking. Also like a wolfdog, but won't kill you.

There's also the sarloos wolfdog which was bred to be a pet over many generations
>>
File: 1610302816820.jpg (39 KB, 350x464)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
omg pitbull thread lmao nice again again tell me about your dead baby lmao this thread omg hahaha some more good tell me about some pitbulls lmso
>>
>>3644389
Based.
>>
>>3644359
>sex
i c wut u did tharr
>>
>>3644389
>>3644455
cope and dilate
>>
>>3644064
They're so fucking hot
>>
>>3644463
Don’t be mad at the dubs/trips son
Also
>every day, until you like it
>>
>>3644105
No.
>>
>>3644085
>Wolves are loyal to death
It's an wild animal lol, if you tried to raise like a free farm dog the wolf would probably fuck off in a year or 2 unless you left food for it, even then it's definitely not going back inside
>>
>>3644359
You will never cover the need to patrol huge territories. Wolves are not made to be sedentary.
>>
>>3644579
>all wild animals act the same
brainlet thoughts lol
>>
>>3644579
Wolves are most loyal to their mates. So, to get a wolf to really love you, you must treat her right and make her feel real good

Oh yeah you know where I'm going with this

>lots of grooming. a good brushing is how you say "you're my whole world" in wolf.
>lots of play. wolves don't like to learn human games, so you'll have to learn what she enjoys instead
>make sure you reciprocate when she initiates
>bring her gifts of food and stuff to chew on
>cuddles and nuzzling
>it is imperative that you sleep in the same bed. she'll want to be on top of the covers though, since she already has her own blanket.
>DO NOT betray her and get a human. you are with your wolf and only with your wolf for 20 years.
That's all you have to do. Remember to have your wolf wife spayed so she doesn't get pyometra and die early.
>>
>>3645044
>getting a female wolf is getting a jealous wife you cant have sex with and doesnt do anything but shit and sleep
Whats the point
>>
>>3645123
>you cant have sex with
hmm...
>>
>>3645127
Don’t
>>
>>3645130
just try and stop me
>>
>>3644524
ngl i'd probably come to half that schizophrenic's conclusions myself if i didn't use any other boards and didn't know coming in that 4chan takes beating a dead horse to an artform
>>
>>3645130
She has needs too anon.
>>
>>3644105
It shouldn't happen at all. It's still too close to a wild animal. Don't keep wild animals unless you want your face mauled off.
Also 99% of people already don't take care of their dogs correctly, let alone a fecking wolf.
>>
>>3644124
There's no such thing as beta and alpha wolves. That shit is old ass science
>>
>>3644524
It's not genetically kosher to breed an animal so that it has traits that you like.
You're causing all kinds of health problems and putting the animal through unnecessary suffering by breeding an absolutely abomination.
>>
>>3645044
>Remember to have your wolf wife spayed
the ultimate betrayal
how could you anon
>>
>>3649014
she doesn't care dude
>>
File: pitbulls.jpg (48 KB, 466x700)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
Poisoned my neighboor's pitbull with a sausage filled with rat poison. Watched him barfing blood and grey stuff while smoking a good monte cristo. Tough motherfucker, he didn't even die and got up on his paws, had to strangle through the fence with a phone cable
He was an aggressive cunt, aways barking at people for no reason. Not that my poofta neighboor learned the lesson, now he's got a fucking dobermann.

Hey who gives a shit, another retarded dog, another poisoned sausage. This time I'm getting the dose right.
>>
>>3649072
Extremely based pasta
>>
>>3649072
i mean after the second or third sausage the guy would surely associate which fence the sausage remains are closest to with the most likely suspect or put up cameras

back in the old country (alabama) this happened with my dad and his sheepdog. the sheepdog killed a neighbor's cat. they killed the dog. there was a half eaten bratwurst thing out there and it was close to their fence. dad saw someone in his field that night at put 2 and 2 together. he knew their other cats stopped by his barn, so he methodically killed every single one with a variety of weapons and fed their chopped up remains to his pigs. they kept getting new cats, their new cats got to his barn for the free mice, and he kept killing them. every 3rd cat or so he would throw it out for the coyotes so wildlife would chew on it and make it look natural. this went on over a year and he did get questioned once and successfully denied everything. then one day he saw a cat in their window with a collar and he never once saw that cat leave the house, so he balled up a very small amount of fancy feased mixed with tylenol and in the ballsiest, riskiest move slipped it through an open window in the middle of the night.

now his neighbors have a dog.
>>
>>3647711
There is hierarchy. Hierarchy existing in wolves is real and documented even in modern science. People just like to pretend that they are experts and 'omg i fking love science xD' because they read somewhere that alpha wolves don't exist. In reality it is all semantics that dont matter. The pack leaders, usually the mating pair, are of a higher rank than the other pack members which are usually but not always offspring.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.