[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>>
yes fuck you
>>
I don't do that bro, I'm saying this because my neighbor beats his dog just because he didn't sit
>>
>>3582182
no. I bop my dog's rockhead when she refuses to listen. Just dont beat the dog, one attentiongrabbing smack is one thing
>>
i remember grabbing dogs by their muzzle and bringing them towards me so we'd lock eyes, then they'd fuck off and not continue whatever behavior was annoying (usually being rowdy). just a really quick action that they recognize as being awkward and going "oh okay, dont do that."

beating your pets is never acceptable
>>
yes. if you treat them with anything but love, they won't love you. they are at least smart enough to know what your relationship with them really is.

>asshole i must fear, avoid, and submit to
>person i love
>food dispenser
pick one
>>
>>3582182
When I was a kid whenever the dog peed on the floor, my mom would make her stare at the pee stain and then hit her
>>
>>3583430
Did it work?
>>
>>3583443
Yep. She would no longer pee on the floor but run to the front door and whine to be let out whenever she had to pee
>>
>amerilards more accepting of hitting their own kids than hitting dogs
>amerilards more accepting of cutting baby penises than cutting dogs tails/ears
Explain to me why you shouldn't be nuked
>>
>>3582182
It reflects your weakness as an owner
>>
>>3583465
Americans who hit their kids are the same that also hit their dogs
Americans also have much lax ear cropping and tail docking regulation compared to europe
>>
>>3583471
Yeah, and?
>>
>>3583480
Do you not understand what I'm saying? Americans who hit their kids also hit their dogs
>>
>>3582188
Your neighbor sounds like a dick
Usually when you want a dog to sit you give them a treat when they do it instead of hitting it for some reason it doesn't understand
>>
>>3583538
Training with nothing but treats leads to some strange dogs imo.. almost neurotic, always looking for reward. Begging for it. More focused on the treat that's coming instead of what they are supposed to be doing. What's wrong with praise and a pat on the back instead of food? I'm not saying to beat the dog up but I think when you teach something new and important there's nothing wrong with causing some discomfort for a real reason. I.e a young dog who you are teaching to come, tie it to a rope jerk on it while you call it until it starts to make a move towards you. Dogs respect that you can cause them a discomfort and they learn very quickly to conform to what you want, to go to where they get praise. No need to beat them up for no reason though.
>>
>>3583596
Not at all. Dog can easily focus more on the task coming if their excitement for a reward is high. If the dog act strange and “neurotic” during a training with food, it’s often due to not understanding the task/command despite focusing so hard on it. They can act frustrated and get really jumpy or just blow off the training if they feel unmotivated. The key is to build up the command well but if the dog doesn’t get it in a certain amount of time, take a step back and ask the dog to do something simple and take a break before trying the difficult new thing again. Meanwhile, a dog can be hesitant to try to do anything because they worry they might get correct. Also, they smart to know context and condition that they can get punishment and constantly focus working to avoid it in the first place, which can leads to undesirable behavior. Dog can simply run away and constantly hiding from you. In your case, they will fight and run away if you tries to put the rope back on them ever again. They also will figure out that they won’t need to come if they don’t have a rope attached to them.
>>
>>3583465
because you don't have nukes
>>
>>3582295
Hey the top one is my dad

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.