[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 27 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: aergaeg.jpg (24 KB, 512x307)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
Mom really said I was lazy and gross and asked me why "I was so concerned about conservation" when on the topic of washing dishes and using more water than what's necessary
>>
>>3581418
As opposed to your zoomer mentality and delusion that you're helping to save the planet by doing things that literally mean nothing? Both wrong, at least your mom isn't a pretentious retard like you.
>>
>>3581421
If you don't like pennies then you don't like dollars; things add up. Stay ignorant Grandpa
>>
>>3581421
fpbp
>>
>>3581424
Adorably naïve.
>>
>>3581424
Thats some slave mentality shit, the only was conservation/enviromentalism shit works is if big companies cooperate, they never push the responasability to the public who do a fraction of the harm that they do so that the public blames themselves rather than pushing for regulation.
>>
>>3581418
IF you live in the first world there is no such thing as water wasting
>>
>>3581431
Relax, OP is probably 13 and doesn't comprehend any of that.
>>
>>3581418
never eat an almond again. or milk. or beef. if you knew how much water was pissed into nothing by our agricultural businesses you'd laugh at yourself for thinking 5 gallons a day is doing fuckall to save anything.
>>
>>3581431
like i'm able to change the way corporations operate? why do X when you could otherwise not? rinsing my beverage glass and drying it off a couple times over isn't causing an inconvenience for me or anyone else. thinking otherwise just seems like the most ignorant and selfish way to go about anything.
>>3581435
you obviously have to draw the line somewhere. but for otherwise trivial things, why not just abstain? it's hurting no one. this applies for anything else other than water
>>
>>3581437
>you obviously have to draw the line somewhere. but for otherwise trivial things, why not just abstain? it's hurting no one. this applies for anything else other than water
each almond takes over a gallon of water to grow. a gallon of almond milk has a water footprint of over 900 gallons. one pound of butter takes over 2000 gallons of water to produce. you are pissing into the ocean and thinking the sea level is rising because of it.
>>
>>3581442
I'm not denying any of those stats whatsoever. Yes, there's larger concerns, but that's not exactly the topic, i'm talking about boomer mentality. Yes, that one wrapper you threw on the ground because there was no garbage around and it was an inconvenience to you, does in fact add up and you are selfish for doing it.
>>
>>3581448
throwing garbage down and being anal about a gallon or two of water are completely different things. eat one less pound of butter a year and you save more water than you 'wasted' on the dishes. I live in California. I hear his water use propaganda shit every fucking day. The state tells us they are rationing water and that people cannot take baths and to shower less. metropolitan water use accounted for 10% of all water used, the remainder was used by corporate farms flooding the fucking deserts of kern county so they can grow water-intensive crops where they get under a foot of rain a year.

I understand that leaving this planet better off than we were born into is something admirable to strive towards, but ass backwards lines of thinking like saving a gallon a day by half-assing the dishes isn't it, chief.
>>
>>3581448
If you kill yourself you will help the planet (not by much, but that doesn't bother you) as well as help yourself escape from the dreaded boomer mentality.
>>
>>3581418
>not using paper plates and plastic utensils
>>
>>3581424
Cute lmao
>>
>>3581418
I don't think you understand how lucky you are you live somewhere that has more water than the people know what to do with. You can't exactly transport it to India or africa either, so use it up. It gets recycled back into the system anyway. The only thing you're "wasting" is some water pumps energy, which for a lifetime of dishes is a drop in a drop in a drop in a drop in a drop in a drop in a bucket
>>
>this thread
You all know what the water cycle is right?
>>
>>3581418
Oh God anon get a counter top dishwasher they are a fucking blessing.

Anyway most of the environment fuckery is from big business and rich assholes taking luxury plane rides no need to be so anal over a little extra on dishes. You can always just take a shorter shower or reuse water some where else to make up for it.
>>
>>3581869
>Anyway most of the environment fuckery is from big business and rich assholes taking luxury plane rides
this is simply not true. the two biggest source of gas emissions are meat production and the fashion industry.
>>
>>3581418
ur both gay asfuck just do whatever you want
>>
>>3581431
The terrifying thing is that the zoomers know this and will Be solving that problem, one way or another.
>>
>>3581418
Earth will get eaten by the Sun in 100 million years anyway, there's no point in saving the environment.
>>
>>3581432
>there's infinite water

fucking retard
>>
>>3583298
Only partially correct. The point is to just live our lives the way we want to live and to strive toward our personal goals. I know that my career in environmental science to save biodiversity is ultimately pointless (and my life is pointless in general), but I am doing it for myself. Just feels good. If 'saving the environment' makes someone feel accomplished then that is the point in saving the environment, even though it ultimately does not matter.
>>
>>3582299
Which are big businesses.
>>
>>3581421
Retard
>>
>>3581424
A single chinese factory wastes more water in a day than your entire state wastes in a year. Look at the bigger picture, devote resources to what is actually pertinent.
>>
>>3581421
You are still acknowledging that it saves water though, just not as much as other things.
It's not that you can only do one act of conservation. So what is the problem with limiting your water use to what is only necessary?
You are only being so combative to side with boomers for some reason, despite the fact that they have collectively raped our world beyond recognition.
>>
File: eagleboard.ga_3599 (1).jpg (543 KB, 1536x2048)
543 KB
543 KB JPG
>>3581418
This is not about muh conservation, but about saving muh shekels.
saved glass of water every time you wash dishes - couple saved bucks a year.
Which is why I piss in the sink. Because this way I dont have flus galons of water.
>>
I showed my boomer mom about city lights ruining newly hatched sea turtles from straying away from the water. She didn't give a shit about the turtles.
>>
>ITT: autists literally living in their mom's basement
>>3581418 The amount of water wasted from your mom's tears every night when she thinks of how pathetic you are vastly outpaces washing dishes.
>>
>>3585319
You beat me to it. Save the fuckin shekels. I conserve everything this is why boomers and these boomer wannabe cocksuckers are so frequently middle class or poor when they could be richer. They don't conserve ANYTHING let alone water this adds up. Look at the fast food industry or fashion industry with overpriced clothing they feed off convenience not wise frugality. All those precious shekels that could have been saved in so many ways could have gone to bullion or stocks. I'm not defending modern zoomers either they overspend on other shit and waste on other things too. I don't pity the goyim one bit they ask to be poor. Not sure if you are Jewish or not but even if you are a goy I like you. יברךאותךשהשם
שׁלום
>>
>>3585584
jesus not everyones poor and can pay for the convenience of extra water you fucking loser. that's the zoomer mentality, shitting on someone else for living their life while simultaneously saying how great yours is. faggot
>>
>>3585319
You still need to flush the sink pipes with at least some clean water. Otherwise, the piss will just sit around in the trap bend and stink as it feeds the growth of nasty slimy crap.
If money-saving is that important, you can dilute piss with rainwater to use as fertilizer. Roughly a ratio of 8-10 parts water to 1 of piss.
>>
>>3581431
Let’s be honest here. The only way for this to work is if for some reason both China and India get decimated. Western countries have fucked up in the past but try to correct their wrongdoings. These other two simply push the gas. Even if Europe and America went completely green, China and India would destroy everything by themselves.
>>
>>3585319
>Which is why I piss in the sink.
>if it’s yellow let it mellow; if it’s brown let it mellow
>>
The dishwasher is way more efficient anyway

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.