[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Say something nice about giganotosaurus
>>
>>
bump
>>
big boy
>>
>>3580722
This creature's mere existence damages the rexfag's massive ego and makes them seethe with rage. He's a good lad.
>>
>>3580796
>>3580826
Thank you
>>
>>3580722
it had feathers
>>
>>3580898
get out
>>
>>3580796
for you
>>
>>3580898
It wasn't a coelurosaur.
>>
File: spinosaurus.png (652 KB, 1599x1066)
652 KB
652 KB PNG
Sorry mate, there's no reward for second place
>>
>>3580925
says the mosasaur bait
>>
He's going to be in Jurassic World: Dominion
>>
>>3580925
Idc about his size i just think he’s neat
>>
Any of you guys play vidya? Check out ARK, you can tame Gigants and ride them and eat other dinos

Pic related, it's ARK (but Argents)
>>
File: Rex.jpg (400 KB, 2432x1368)
400 KB
400 KB JPG
>>3580925
>>3580722
>giganotosaurus
>spinosaurus
didn't even make it until the end
Hail to the Rex baby
>>
>>3580996
I like ark but having to spend like 20+ hours just to be able to build a tiny base then even when you have a bunch of gear and stuff if you try to explore at all there’s a chance you’ll just get massively unlucky and die instantly, but if you cheat and take away the sweatiness it just gets kind of boring for me at least so im still trying to find the happy medium
>>
>>3580996
I currently play with some friends, without flyers this time.
Argents OP.
>>
>>3581006
That's fair. I quit for a long time when a glitch destroyed our base.

>>3581007
Did you ever try taming a bunch of the small fliers (name escapes me)?

You can attach explosives to them and have them swarm targets. It absolutely fucking devastates enemy bases if their AI doesn't shit the bed.
>>
>>3581006
You can mess with rates.
I prefer the standard rates for experience and gathering, but I don't care to play with standard taming or breeding rates.
Not sure what we currently play with.
I think it might be 5x taming rate.
The other stuff is fine for me, since I enjoy making gathering things more efficient, like building up infrastructure for it, easy to access forges, lighting, etc.
One thing I utilize when mass building stone structures is to gather stone with a doed, then thatch+wood on the back of a beaver, then I toss everything into a corner from their inventories, jump into that corner and press on the packaged items and pick them all up, when you pick up items from dropped packages you don't get stopped by the weight limit, so despite only having 100 weight, I can still pick up 6000 weight of stone, wood and thatch at once and then set myself to craft hundreds of structures.

Since the snapping mechanics are so broken it helps to place the frame with thatch first, and then replace it with wood/stone or whatever you prefer, or change in server settings so you can pickup structures(ideally I'd prefer to have it so you can only pickup structures for a period of time).
>>
>>3581014
Yeah i remember putting a lot of the hunger and water rates and health and stuff and had a lot more fun but idk
>>
>>3581011
>Did you ever try taming a bunch of the small fliers (name escapes me)?
Dimorphodons, the tiny pterosaurs you also have in your screenshot?
I've thought about taming a swarm and using controlling them with control groups, but I've yet to try it.
I currently just have 1 for protecting me from microraptors, and then like a dussin for producing eggs.
>>
>>3581001
This dino looks too kind, birds and reptiles all have an evil look
>>
Bump
>>
>>3581084
>bumping on page 2
wtf are you doing
>>
>>3581090
bump
>>
>>3580722
big nose
>>
>>3581301
schnozz
>>
>>3581035
t.rodent
>>
>>3581035
Most birds of prey look at least neutral to me. It’s small birds that look suspicious. They have all black eyes. Lifeless eyes. Like a doll’s eyes.
>>
>>3581329
based and quintpilled
>>
Bump
>>
He's a big guy
>>
>>3580722
You will never be a mammal
>>
>>3581662
mammals are smelly and gross
>>
>>3580722
He's going to be in the new Jurassic World movie.
>>
>>3581931
nice
>>
>>3581931
The new bigger and badder than rex abomination?
>>
>>3582248
well it’s a real dino at least
>>
>>3582255
Also they’re probably bringing back the spinosaurus (hopefully updated and more correct considering it has to be by different company)
>>
>>3580723
Nice movie monster faggot.
>>
>>3582281
sorry you don’t like science featherfag
>>
>>3582281
refrain from being rude in my threads
>>
>>3582259
God if they job the spino in the rematch I’m gonna COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
>>
>>3582313
imagine if they have the spino fight rexy and the spino wins and is right about to go for the kill bite and the fucking giganotosaurus just comes out of nowhere and decapitates the fucking thing
>>
>>3582281
post wrists
>>
>>3580722
He is a big theropod.
>>
>>3582631
For me
>>
>>3580722
it makes my smoll benis become the big benis.
>>
>>3582646
based
>>
bump
>>
is he bigger than a rex? who would win in a fight?
>>
>>3583508
Bigger than t rex but doubtful much lighter build for agility and t rex would likely be able to tank it and fuck it up but iirc there is theories and maybe evidence that giganotosaurus hunted in packs
>>
File: dsfg.jpg (29 KB, 600x332)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>3580722
Cool Theropod. I remember the media shitstorm when it was announced hurr bigger than T. rex durr
>>
>>3583508
A giga vs rex fight would come down to who could land the first bite, just like pretty much all giant theropod autism-clashes. All these animals had the potential to deal out enormous damage with one bite.
>>
>>3580722
I would date and fugg
>>
It is good
>>
>>3583972
>>3583975
based
>>
good dino
>>
>>3583955
The rex had a more powerful bite, and the rex could take another rex bite.
>>
i want to have sex with a dinosaur
>>
>>3584582
So the only way to cause damage during a bite is from crushing? Carnosaurs (look it up) couldn't rip sheets of flesh off their victims causing massive blood loss now?
Besides it doesn't matter. Rex lands first bite, yes rex probably wins. Giga lands first bite, giga probably wins. You don't get bitten in a vital area by either of these animals and just walk it off.
>>
File: saur2.arctometa.gif (29 KB, 605x479)
29 KB
29 KB GIF
>>3583576
Rex was able to have that agility with a much heavier build thanks to advanced toe design
>>
>>3580722
He's a big guy
>>
>>3582313
Will we have a new age of fan wars if that happens?
>>
>>3584596
I love rex toes, they're very lewd
>>
>>3584594
You're moving the goalpost.
Rex has survived a stronger bite than a giga bite(a rex bite), and then healed it, meaning that if the one opposite of the Rex gets a bite first on the Rex, which is even weaker than a Rex bite, then it isn't an auto win. It doesn't come down to who could land the first bite, as you claimed, since if the Giga lands the first bite, then the Rex isn't guaranteed to lose.
>>
>>3584599
for you
>>
File: doge bro.jpg (122 KB, 1026x685)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
My little brother loves that game. I play it with him sometimes even though I know jack about vidya, keep getting eaten by carnotaurs and dilophosaurs but it's quality time with my bro so who cares?
>>
>>3580722
would tar and feather.
>>
>>3580722
Cant find anything. Yet another overrated theropod with sharp teeth.
>>
>>3583576
>there is theories and maybe evidence that giganotosaurus hunted in packs
Its just speculation, mostly based on the discovery of several Mapusaurus of different ages & sizes in one location. Not exactly a hard evidence, for all we know they could just be unrelated victim of say a flash flood or other natural disasters.

Though I understand the appeal, a hunting pack of giant predators would have been an amazing/terrifying sight if it happens to be true.
>>
Is giganotosaurus a well known creature or is it one of those dinosaurs only known from a jaw fragment and a rib?
>>
>>3584929
>overrated
literally where, it never gets in movies, is lucky to show up in a few shitty games, is never talked about, and barely anyone knows it exists
>>
>>3584985
It got overrated by kids who played ARK and thought it was twice the size of T. rex but that's about it really
>>
>>3584985
Just because it doesn't appear everywhere in movies and video games doesn't mean it is not overrated along with all other 'scary cool theropods with sharp teeth' within circles of dinosaur lovers.
>>
>>3584990
>Stop liking the cool and charismatic dinosaurs please look at this fat herbivore isn't it much cooler?
>>
File: dinoimax.jpg (68 KB, 466x658)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>3584985
It was in Dino Crisis 2, Ark, BBC's Walking With Dinosaur spin-off and at least one IMAX movie. I think that's it?
>>
>>3584995
I remember watching that in IMAX, it was really cool
>>
>>3584995
>Dino Crisis 2
That one totally comes out of nowhere.
>>
>>3584990
>noooo you have to like the fat retarded ones and the dumb little chicken ones
yeah tell me about how your favorite animal is a zebra lmfao
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (30 KB, 480x360)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>3584995
Plenty more, along with almost every other well known charismatic theropods.
Eg:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-KyhO4hYpQ
>>
>>3585015
I like wolves, but at least I admit they are overrated and don't get triggered over that fact.
>>
>>3580925
is he under water?
>>
>>3585022
fag
>>
>>3585025
No, spinosaurus is known to be able to float through the air
>>
>>3585023
something worthy of the praise and admiration it has isn’t “overrated” if everyone loves cake and no one likes the dog bowl of steaming shit on the ground that doesn’t make cake overrated
>>
File: giga.jpg (25 KB, 570x357)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>3584995
>>3585022
You get to play as a Giganotosaurus near the end of Carnivores: Cityscape.
>>
>>3585057
Your brain is a dog bowl of steaming shit.
>>
>>3585064
Ok herbibore
>>
>>3584614
No, you're moving the goalpost. I said vital area. Yes we have evidence of rexes biting each other on the face, which was apparently heavily scaled, and it's questionable if these animals were really trying to kill each other or just jawing at each other like a lot of quarreling carnivores do to each other even today. There's no evidence of a rex having it's neck completely crushed by another and surviving.
On the other hand if a rex gets its throat ripped out by a giga or is crippled because the giga sliced through its thigh muscles, it's not like it's gonna just walk off like "oh well I still have the stronger bite lol, stay mad"

Or maybe the rex does manage to kill the giga with a crushing bite before dying itself from massive blood loss, in which case can we really say there's any "winner" in this fight? No.
>>
>>3585289
>No, you're moving the goalpost. I said vital area
That's what you moved the goalpost to.
You did just say bite.
And when called on that.
You changed your point to vital area.
>A giga vs rex fight would come down to who could land the first bite, just like pretty much all giant theropod autism-clashes. All these animals had the potential to deal out enormous damage with one bite.
Since you can't remember.
This is your post.
Which was countered.
Then you moved your goalpost to vital area, you slithering little nigger.
>>
>>3580722
Probably my favorite theropod.
If this thing in OP was an actual model I could buy, I would.
>>
I always get giganotosaurus and Carcharodontosaurus confused.
>>
>>3585453
pnso has a decent one although its expensive PNSO Giganotosaurus Lucas 1/35 Dinosaur Model Toy Collectable Art Figure https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V5FL3T9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_j8uVFbMSH8HC4
>>
>>3585469
eofauna also has a good one which is much cheaper
>>
>>3585473
and while it’s probably not very realistic the one in the first reply is by nanmu and looks sick as a fuck
>>
>>3585473
>>3585469
I have pretty high standards for figurines, the bones and other cutesy shit like what you see on the base of the top one is a dealbreaker for me even though it looks high quality. Second one looks like a kid's toy.
Pic related is something I'd consider buying if it 1. had a better pose, 2. if it was 700 dollars, and 3. the fucking paintjob (peanut butter skin with blue gums, what the fuck).
>>
>>3585515
>2. if it wasn't 700 dollars
Fixed.
>>
>>3585515
I have a pnso and the stands are shit cheap but the figure isnt attacked to it you can make your own or just have it free stand
>>
>>3585372
Posters like you are the absolute worst part of 4chan. The ones who add nothing to a conversation besides trying to make "gotcha!" posts and getting the last word. Read this post >>3584594, carefully. Here, I'll even help you out.
>You don't get bitten in a vital area by either of these animals and just walk it off.
>vital area
>VITAL AREA

inb4
>b-but you didn't say that in your very first post, so now I pretend I don't see it now so I still win!
Obviously we're talking vital areas if we're talking about fatal bites you idiot. I was kind of hoping you'd be able to figure that part out on your own. Did you think we were discussing these things biting the tips of each other's tails off or something?
No, you didn't, but you have to pretend you did so you're able to "counter" me on something. Get fucked faggot.
>>
>>3580826
>damages the rexfag's massive ego
How so? It's just the same animal, but bigger. You can't improve upon perfection; scaling it up in a desperate bid to outdo it is the cope here.
>seethe with rage
I'm not angry at all.
>>
>>3584990
Get a load of this grass-eating, flat-toothed dinner
>>
>>3586342
it literally isn’t though? It’s bone structure and legs actually allow it to run and move at speeds t rex is incapable of, it’s bigger it has more useful arms, it actively hunted giants etc
>>
>>3586349
T-Rex actively hunted, too.
>>
>>3585814
>i come to 4chan looking for serious discussion
>>
>>3586351
what?? T rex may have actively hunted but giganotosaurus objectively has a much lighter agile build look at its fucking teeny legs the thing is built to run and maneuver
>>
Therapod thread. Can I have pics of therapods looking straight ahead at me? The scarier the better.
>>
>>3586629
>>
>>3585542
The production quality on this >>3580723 is actually really good looking. The Nanmu stuff in general looks very high quality, too bad there's a lot of JP stuff and not more "scientific" looking things like PNSO does.
>>
>>3586640
Here's a better angle on it (and a better paintjob too imo). I don't like how sunken and gaunt certain parts of the skull look, but the shape is pretty great.
>>
>>3580996
I played on a couple chill small to medium pop servers, but they ended up dying. I’ve got no friends to play with right now, otherwise I would try again. I can only play that game on multiplayer, SP’s too boring.
>>
>>3586637
good fucking lord
imagine looking out your window and seeing THAT
>>
>>3586637
holy fuck
>>
More like Niganotosaurus
>>
>>3580925
Every picture I see of this guy shows him completely different
>>
>>3584846
Nice
>>
>>3580722
hey guys they found a t rex locked in combat with a trike,both with skin impressions
>>
>>3587256
Featherfags and scavengerfags both getting viciously beaten to death with their own spines simultaneously. A good day indeed.
>>
>>3587233
More like GigaNutosaurus
>>
>>3587263
What a great day to be alive
>>
File: 453345345.jpg (362 KB, 1920x1080)
362 KB
362 KB JPG
>>3584995
There is one in Primeval too
>>
File: Giganotosaurus.jpg (1.28 MB, 1920x1080)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB JPG
Giganotosaurus made a brief appearance in the Turok reboot game. Also one of the characters misidentify it as a T-rex.
>>
>>3587672
I forget about Primeval. In retrospect season 3 isn't that bad, the creatures are pretty interesting too.
>>
>>3586451
the same study that says T Rex was too heavy to run would preclude Giganotosaurus from running too and for the same reason, above a certain speed their leg bones start breaking. And Giganotosaurus didn't even have the advantage of fused metatarsals that Tyranosaurids had(see >>3584596
) that were superior for impact absorption.
>>
>>3587687
Well it doesn't look like one, note the lack of the square chad chin.
>>
File: gigatheisle2.jpg (78 KB, 768x432)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
The giga makes an appearance in The Isle as well. C:
>>
>>3588712
The old model was so much better

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.