[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / vrpg / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: toxoplasmosis burger.png (19 KB, 614x485)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
why is their such a disparity on whether or not cats stink?
some people say they do not smell at all and other people say they are the #1 smelliest pet
who is correct?
>>
>>3443498
You can walk into a person and you automatically know they have cats by the way they smell.
>>
>>3443498
Effort. If you clean your litterboxes, like, literally 1-2 times per day they don't smell. Most people can't do this, so their house is permeated with a terrible ammonia smell, and when the cats get sick of it they'll just piss all over your floor or clothes, and it's done for good once they do.
You have to be phenomenally lazy for this to happen. Many people are.
>>
>>3443524
>most people WON'T do this
Is what I should've said.
>>
>>3443498
Cats do not smell.
The literal shit and piss they leave in the house smells. A lot. They're like the polar opposite of dogs.
>>
>>3443498
The differentiating factor comes down to whether the person you are speaking to confine their cats indoors.
Obviously when you cat is shitting in holes outside you don't get their ass pheromones concentrating in your living space. They're also generally less fat due to the amount of exercise they get from wandering outside. There are plenty of downsides of course, some of which are:
> Your cat will smell faintly of dust or grass clippings, whichever they prefer lounging around in more.
> Your cat will probably get fleas, due to the above.
> You cat will probably kill local wildlife, which could be considered an upside if you're the kind of person who likes the idea of your pet exercising its dominance over lesser creatures.
> The chance of your cat being killed by a car or a spiteful /an/fag increases to near the point of certainty.
>>
I’ve met multiple cat owners who say “cats bathe themselves!” and never wash the things. All furry pets need baths.
>>
>>3443498
Pretty much all mammals smell. Cat oils can be pretty offensive, but it’s mostly because few cat owners ever clean the areas their pets constantly rub against and sleep on as well as regular brushing. It builds up and goes rancid. The other smell is >>3443524
>>
Unneutered male cats stink, the rest not really unless you aren't changing the litter regularly.
>>
>>3443660
Baths are harmful to cats and potentially lethal
>>
>>3443668
A cat wrote this post. Just get in the sink you stinky fucker.
>>
>>3443671
I will scratch you
>>
File: 1500798998377.png (153 KB, 384x390)
153 KB
153 KB PNG
It's simple. It all boils down to if the person asked owns a cat or not. People who're not around cats often can smell them instantly when entering a cat home and those who own them get de-sensitized to the smell pretty quickly so they can't smell it anymore. Of course shit gets way worse if laziness is involved. Same with every pet though.
>>
>>3443668
>harmful
Dude, you need to use a PH balanced shampoo so they don't get all dried out
>potentially lethal
LOL HOLY SHIT WHAT A RETARD
>>
>>3443524
>1-2 times per day
My cats are luck if I clean their box twice a week. The cats themselves don't smell. My house doesn't smell. I don't smell. The catbox smells, but I don't go out of my way to smash my face into it, so It's not a problem if I stay away.
>>
Cats themselves don't stink. Their litter box does.
>>
>>3443722
>When you fall for obvious bait
>>
>>3443739
>twice a week
You're a fucking monster and your cats hate you.
>>
>>3443739
Just don't get pissed when they get fed up and piss on your mattress.
>they don't
No, they will when they get a fucking UTI from not having sanitary litter.
>>
>>3443739
Please anon that's their toilet and bacteria will build up and make them sick. You wouldn't want to keep shitting in a toilet full of shit and piss that's been building up for days would you?
>>
File: critic.jpg (13 KB, 480x360)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
everything stinks. some people are just so used to the stink they think it doesn't exist.
>>
>>3443773
9/10 he's so stupid he thinks it's only a smell, it was inside him before.
Or something equally IQ83
>>
>>3443498
Cats themselves shouldn't smell unless they're sick or old and have trouble cleaning themselves.

The smelly part is the litterbox. Get a covered litterbox and put it in a corner somewhere far away from where you hang out and clean it regularly.
>>
>>3443498
I only smell my cat when I stick my face really close to him. He usually doesn’t smell bad at all unless he needs a bath, but he’s a particularly messy little guy. About the litter box, crystal litter + scooping right after he poops = no smell at all. All you gotta do is put in a little bit of effort in doing research and clean their litter box every day, but the average cat owner probably doesn’t do that and thus their cats and houses stink.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.