[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / vrpg / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Food & Nutrition
>http://catinfo.org/docs/Feeding%20Your%20Cat%20-%204%20pages%2011-13.pdf
>http://consciouscat.net/2012/03/22/the-best-food-for-your-cat/

Outside Enrichment
>https://catiospaces.com/
>http://www.adventurecats.org/backcountry-basics/train-your-cat-to-walk-on-a-leash/

Behavioral problems
>https://thecatsite.com/threads/inappropriate-peeing-problems-answered.9563/
>http://www.catvets.com/public/PDFs/PracticeGuidelines/FelineBehaviorGLS.pdf

Kitten care
>http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=1+2137&aid=912

Cat Food Database:
>http://catfooddb.com/
>>
File: 12ic6x.jpg (19 KB, 540x489)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>Cat always fights against nail trimming
>Read bunch of tutorials
>Watch twice as many videos
>None of that stuff works, while more and more things gets scratched
>Ultimately just push the cat with knees to the couch, use one hand to get the paw and the other to trim nails
>Cat wiggles, hisses, bites, but can't do shit about being pinned down
>Nails done in less than a minute
>No more scratching
>Rinse & repeat ever since
Fuck gentle treatment and fuck positive reinforcement. I achieved with brute force more in a single go than I did with patient training and accomodation for 2 years. Cat still hates having nails trimmed, but at least now they get trimmed for real, rather than being a tedious and fruitless "playtime".
>>
File: 1593365753705.png (8 KB, 512x512)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
I hope whoever took the kittens from their mom will take good care of them and I hope it wasn't the one who tried to feed them hotdogs or some mystery meat I saw.

The mom is still hanging in the nest area and I saw the dad (I think) there for the first time.
>>
>>3441534
How about literally going home to home and asking about the kittens?
>>
>>3441524
I used to have to hold my dog down with my leg just to clip her nails. She didn't try to bite me but she would fight with all her strength otherwise to get away. I would clip and give a quick treat and that would help. Cats' claws are easier to cut, though, so that's not really necessary.
>>
File: 20200801_115820.jpg (3.82 MB, 4032x3024)
3.82 MB
3.82 MB JPG
My kot came home an hour ago. He's been happy to explore my apartment but he's gone to hide under my bed and doesn't seem interested in coming out. Is it ok to check up on him or is it likely he wants some privacy in the dark?
>>
So I got my cat fixed and she came home with her leg shaved a bit and a big bandage on it
It slid off as bandaids do when they're done, and I can't see anything wrong with the leg other than the fact that its shaved, the bandage has a teensy amount of dried blood in it, clearly old.
I asked the vet what was up, but what do you guys think? Did he cut her? He said not to bring her back for a check-up and to just send a picture, so maybe she bit him or something, but that wouldnt make sense because they're supposed to be under anasthesia when they get surgeried
>>
>>3441799
This is a bonding moment, stay in the room with him but leave him be
When I brought my cat home she ran into the closet and immediately fell asleep behind the christmas tree
>>
>>3441805
Thats were the IV was. She's fine.
>>
File: 1574936289728.png (574 KB, 618x618)
574 KB
574 KB PNG
I'm looking for more cat pics like this to expand my collection, anyone have any similar funny ones?
>>
File: 1494477779238.jpg (182 KB, 1200x1200)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
>>3441841
It's not similar but it's funny.
>>
>>3441805
>Being this fucking dense
No wonder corona is still going on.
>>
>>3441807
Thanks anon. I know that's the right thing to do but can't help but feel a bit anxious when I can't see him.
He's back out now, sitting on my PC chair while I watch TV looking like he's falling asleep. I'm happy he's comfortable.
>>
>>3441799
Leave the cat alone and don't even try to get close for next few days. All you need to do is provide food, water and litterbox, but otherwise, get the fuck away from the cat.
Also
>Got a pet
>Didn't do even the most basic research prior
Why people keep doing this?
>>
File: kitts.webm (2.45 MB, 1080x1920)
2.45 MB
2.45 MB WEBM
>>3441595
I really want to know what happened to them (and it would be comforting to learn if they were actually brought to a no-kill shelter I visited before) but won't your suggestion make me look like a crazy whitey?

The best I think I could do is walk through the garage area in daylight and casually ask the people who park in the adjacent garages if they've seen them. I'm sure they have because they've hung under their cars before. I would need to guess when these people leave or arrive otherwise I will be outside there waiting for hours looking suspicious.
>>
>>3441857
He's sleeping on my lap right now so it's not like he's afraid of me or anything. I'm letting him choose the terms of our interactions, just couldn't help feeling a tiny bit anxious with him out of sight. He's a very affectionate boy but might have felt a little overwhelmed at first.
>>
>>3441534
>>3441881
I'm so sorry anon, for mom cat too, also bc her milk supply left can lead to diseases.
If one of the people that park there took them to their house you might even convince them to release them, although the mom would probably reject them now.

I'm worried for the 4 kittens I'm following; mom moved them in a parking in front of my house, it's kinda calm there but I don't want some ignorant person to do the same thing that happened to your kittens. I want to act before its too late but they're still being breastfed.
>>
File: 1593580381752.png (479 KB, 709x709)
479 KB
479 KB PNG
>>3441841
>>
Anons, I need some help. I could cry. My kitten is the sweetest thing she is 4 months old. She never growled, hissed, or even clawed me intentionally, had her since she was 7 weeks. She used to come to my bed and groom me too, purring the whole time and fall asleep beside me.

I just brought her to get her spayed the other day. The surgery went well, no redness. Once I came back home the nightmare began. She escaped out of her e-collar five times, no matter how many times I tied her with it. It is the correct size. She growled at me, hissed at me, bit me more times than I can count. I tried to give her a warm place to rest but she keeps jumping all over even if I put her in isolation. Tomorrow I will need to give her pain meds, which I dread since they are oral. I think I could mix it with wet food but she is ignoring anything but kibble. I don’t know how, I keep finding poop rocks around, although she is using the litter box as usual and they seem to be old (very dry, not soft at all). It never happened before. She keeps licking her wound (she has internal stitches) and I can’t stop her without getting gnawed and growled at. I feel this is breaking both our bonds and my spirit. What do I do?
>>
>>3442023
What about getting one of those cones from the vet?
The operation might have went well, but it's still an operation, the cut area probably hurts somewhat and the cat feels strange over all.
>>
>>3442023
The cat is stressed out and you, like every retard ever, try to force yourself on it.
Leave it be. Also, buy a fucking cone instead of some gimmick that can't stay on place.
Also
>Kitten
>Separated at 7 weeks
Enjoy dealing with a mental retard once she grows up. You deserve whatever fuckery she will start doing as an adult cat.
>>
>>3442023
You just cut your cats genitals out of her and wonder why she's a bit pissed?

Call your vet, get a proper cone to stop her licking her wound, maybe discuss the behavior issues/difficulty giving her meds. But mainly suck it up, spaying/neutering is still an invasive and not medically necessary surgery and it's going to distress her (but it's still far far, far better than leaving her bleeding everywhere and/or pumping out unwanted kittens).
>>
>Adopting 2 kittens
>First time owning cats myself, although used to them when visiting family
I don't know where's best in the house to set them up. My downstairs is open plan, and everything says to give them a small room at first, then let them explore later.

There's the utility room, but it can get damp and extremely noisy when it rains due to the flat roof and I don't want to scare them. Alternatively there's the spare bedroom which I use as a store room, but I can't let them stay in there forever (I need the storage space) and would need to relocate them downstairs at some point.
>>
>>3442023
The last time I had a similar situation, the escapes were remedied by using two collars. This was a larger cat, but it might be worth a try? Or perhaps a different type of collar? If you are using a hard plastic cone, maybe try a doughnut etc? Definitely also contact your vet if you have not already and get input and suggestions from them.

>>3442115
>>3442145
When the anon says "e-collar" I'm pretty sure they mean cone. I had not heard this term until more recently (about three years ago) but apparently e is short for Elizabethan - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabethan_collar
>>
Will my cat jump down if I let it on my balcony (3rd floor)? Or should I set up a system where he can be on the balcony with harness and a leash?
>>
I got a message from my cat breeder saying my golden british shorthair was born! She can't tell the sex of the kittens yet but in about 30 days from now reservations will be open and hopefully everything will run smoothly and my golden king will be here by November. Fingers crossed!
>>
>>3442205
If you have to ask, add a net to catch them or don't let them out. It's not worth the risk (and cat's do not always land on their feet).
>>
>>3442205
Letting your cat on your balcony withou a net is the exact type of thing anyone who works with cats would ask you not to do. Eventually it will get fucked. It'll be fine and land on its feet most of the times...until it doesn't.
>>
>>3442208
>>3442209
Yeah think I won't let him there at all then
>>
>>3442206
I'm glad for you, I've got silver british shorthair and she's so beatiful with her big crystal eyes that I forgive her everything.
>>
File: 4536345634.gif (331 KB, 220x167)
331 KB
331 KB GIF
everytime my cat goes outside he gets himself into trouble (lost, attacked by other cats, ticks, insect bites, etc) and hurts himself but if i don't let him outside he stands on the door, tries to escape and meows a lot, what should i do?
>>
File: 20200801_125920.jpg (3.81 MB, 4032x3024)
3.81 MB
3.81 MB JPG
My kot is very handsome and wishes you all well
>>
>>3442197
>everything says to give them a small room at first, then let them explore later.
Correct.
It will be for a short amount of time, kittens are curious and will start exploring soon, so I think the spare bedroom could be a good idea.
>>
>>3442257
the cat is ruined
never ever let them outside or they will always want there and get themselves in trouble and in the end get run over by a car or just disappear
>>
>>3442257
It doesn't have higher reasoning, dude. You have to look out for it. Keep it inside, and it will give up eventually. If you have to, squirt it when it goes near the door.
>>
>>3441972
It's a natural stage of life, you'll get over the pain one day. My condolences.
>>3442249
Did you bring home one of the two for the first time recently? Not surprising if that's the case.
They will either learn to live together overtime or your cat will stay mad and stressed forever.
>>
>>3442258
A perfect boy
>>
>>3442257
Your cat is a protagonist anon. Just make sure hes loved.
>>
File: Ta-miou.jpg (265 KB, 1097x1646)
265 KB
265 KB JPG
I got Ta-miou a month ago. I made a few researches on the internet and finally decided to feed her exclusively kibble. I just didn't find proof that it was definitely bad for her.
Now, the texts in the sticky are telling that it's to be avoided at all costs.
As those texts are unscientific in nature, do you guys know reliable sources that assess that question?

The money is not particularly the problem. But I have back problems and I don't want to crouch two times a day to give her her food.
Also I give her treats 1-2 times a day, especially milk without lactose, so she drinks enough, I think.
>>
>>3442306
All kibble has unnecessary carbs and most are heated to the point they destroy nutrients. I don't have literature on hand, but that's the gist of it. It's overall a good message to generalize, since quality wet food is generally going to be more healthy than the kibble most people would assume to be healthy for their cats.
>>
>>3442115
>>3442145
>>3442188
>>3442201
Yes, an e-collar is a cone. I called the vet to see what other solution is available and he suggested I buy a soft cone to see if she better tolerates it. She seems to have calmed down from yesterday. She came to my bed tonight and started purring as usual, though she won’t let me check the wound until this morning. I may have to bring her back for sutures.
>>
>Look for breeder kittens
>Every shot of the adult cats they own are morbidly obese and in small cages
>The kittens meanwhile look malnourished, probabally separated from their mother too soon.
>Nope the fuck out and keep waiting for a compatible rescue cat/kitten to show up

Why are breeders legal? I kind of want to save the poor kittens, but it would just be putting money in these fuckers' hands.
>>
>>3442306
Do not feed your cat a soley dry diet, they will not drink enough water and will end up with kidney problems.

Soley wet is ideal, kibble once a day is fine. Just not kibble-only.
>>
>>3442275
There was an episode of some cat-whisperer show on when I visited my nan. Cat kept attacking one of the two dogs they had.

'Mum' kept picking up the dog and shielding it when the cat was the same room, and never played with the cat. So cat decided to 'play' with the dog and dog never learned to fight back, only run to their human for saftey.

Meanwhile the other dog just smacked the cat back and didn't give a fuck. Not bad for a handbag decoration.
>>
>>3442680
Can't you report to the police or something?
>>
>>3442269
I have 2 cats that are indoor/outdoors and they never have problems. It does help that I have a yard they like to mostly stay in. Being outdoors builds their character.
>>
>>3442732
Considering these are the first results on google for 'cat breeders' in my area, the local police/RSPCA should really know. I don't think they are doing anything technically illegal, the only up to date animal breeding law we have is for dogs.
>>
>>3442737
It's nice that you haven't had any problems yet but the biggest problem still is how easily cats get ran over by cars and that often ends up in them dying or getting injured really badly, I saw it happen to my friends cat and don't even want to think about it happening to my cat.
>>
>>3442518
How about simply waiting out for the cat to calm its tits and then be done with it? Also, fitting the cone better, rather than "I think its suffocating, let's get a loose one"
>>
>>3442197
>Adopting 2 kittens
>First time owning cats myself
I'm so tired of this shit...

Why did you get yourself kittens, two at that, when you never prior had any cat?
Why?
Just what fucking for?

>>3442205
If you need to ask such question, you also need to put nets in the windows and the balcony to prevent your cat from jumping, or, more likely, accidently falling down.
>Harness and a leash
>On balcony
Oh look, it's retarded
>>
>>3442269
>never ever let them outside
>t. retard with an aggressive cat that chalks it up as "cat are mean" meme
>>
>>3442306
>I made a few researches on the internet and finally decided to feed her exclusively kibble
I guess you also researched that vaccines cause autism
>I just didn't find proof that it was definitely bad for her.
CATS DON'T DRINK WATER IN GENERAL
THEY TAKE THEIR WATER INTAKE FROM FOOD
KIBBLE LACK WATER, BECAUSE IT'S DRY
CAT NEED MEAT-ONLY DIET AND DON'T DIGEST PLANT MATTER
KIBBLE IS ALMOST ENTIRELY PLANT MATTER
Do I need to spell those to you, or all-caps is enough for a thick-brained fucktard like you?
>>
>>3442306
>But I have back problems and I don't want to crouch two times a day to give her her food.
Never mind, just kys
>>
>>3442738
>the local police/RSPCA should really know
Know how? From where?
It's like you are retarded on purpose.

What the fuck is with this thread today? Are you trying to set some of world record of rising my blood pressure with your studity?
>>
>>3441487
>I love to go outside for an hour with my human every day with a big garden filled with birds and lizards.
>I love to look out the window at birds and other wild animals like squirrels, rabbits, and possums.
>I have no idea I'm moving from a beautiful big house into a small apartment with the only window facing a pink wall. Will I be okay?
>>
>>3442786
>Will I be okay?
No. I would start to look for a place you can walk the cat for a walk ASAP, or things will get really, really ugly once you move.
Balcony is an option, or this is one of those flats that even don't have that?
>a small apartment with the only window
Literally what the fuck. As in - how the hell there is only one window
>>
>>3442782
calm yo tits yo
>>
My cat is 16. All he does all day is sleep and eat and never wants to play like he used to. What should I feed him to give him more energy and make him feel younger?
>>
>>3442822
Redbull
>>
>>3442779
>>3442781
>>3442782
>>3442783
>>3442785
>>3442800
Out in the real world, do you have the strength to control yourself ?
>>
>>3442785
>Google "cat breeders"
>First link has abused cats and an address
Hey, Joe, shall we go raid this place and shut them down?
Nah, can't do that, got to wait for some anon to phone us first, they are way more trustworthy than the breeder's own website.
>>
>>3442832
It's got taurine in it. Must be good for them, as that's one of the things vegi/vegan cat diets lack.

>This goes without saying, but if you feed your cat a vegi/vegan diet you need punching and your cat taken ff you.
>>
File: kot.jpg (1.27 MB, 3024x4032)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB JPG
>>3441799
My little boy's settling in well. Thanks for the tips and advice over the past couple of weeks /kot/
>>
>>3442800
Luckily, there are 2 places to walk the cat. One is outside the window around the apartment floor (I plan to get Big green plants for the window as it would make the cat happy) and the top floor there is a pool and fake grass area.
>>
>>3442822
NOT Redbull. That was a joke.
>>
>>3441993
An idiot took this picture.
The kitten is too young to eat or even poop on her own.
She probably died within hours of Regis photo being taken if no one bottle fed and then instigated pooping by wiping the cats bottom with a damp towel by the end of the day.

Fuck this picture
>>
File: IMG_20200729_203608254.jpg (3.13 MB, 3456x4608)
3.13 MB
3.13 MB JPG
Caught this cheeky lady trying to hide
>>
>>3442835
Yes. It's part of my job to control myself, because psychotic pharmacists are bad for business. But I do get annoyed, especially when I have to repeat the same shit over and over and over again, while people ask the exact same questions over and over and over again. So when I have to deal with that crap at work, only to come home, check on this thread and see the exact same shit, I'm pissed. And I'm not paid to remain calm when reading bullshit questions that shouldn't even be asked.

>>3442852
That's not how this shit works and everyone who's above age of 10 knows that.
Speaking of which, if you know a crime is happening, why didn't you report them yet?
>>
>>3442918
I was thinking more in tune of a meadow or a park or shit like that.
>>
>>3443097
Because I'm pretty sure they are in the letter (but not the spirit) of the law. The cats have home/shelter and food, and the owner isn't running a cat *store*, somehow internet sales are a loophole. The law needs changing, hence my asking "why is the legal?" In the first place. It is, somehow, legal.
>>
>>3443101
Animal cruelty is still a criminal offense in most non-third world shitholes, so if they are mistreated (which can happen even when they have home and food), it can still be reported.
Like I've said, any person above age of 10 with fully functional brain knows that.
>>
>>3442919
No shit
>>
>>3443106
>Thinking the UK government gives a shit about animals unless it's an excuse to destroy entire dog breeds because of retarded owners, or if it will interrupt their monthly fox mauling.

I'm crying anon. You really are dumb.
>>
File: problem solving.png (151 KB, 700x615)
151 KB
151 KB PNG
>>3443132
Go fuck yourself.
With a rebar.
The rusty one.
>>
A friend lost her cat about 2 nights ago. She's desperate to finding him. We have a trap out, cooking bacon and chicken to give the house a smell, and she was told looking from 3-4am is the best time to look for him since it's dead quiet then. What else can she do to lure this idiot cat back home?
>>
>>3442924
leave Regis out of this
>>
How to stop my cat from trying to drink out of the family piss bucket? Even when I put out a clean bowl of water right before he still goes straight for the piss.
>>
File: IMG_0385.jpg (660 KB, 1536x2048)
660 KB
660 KB JPG
Well /kot/ I went to a cat shelter, don't worry tested negative for the virus in a recent test for a tiny operation I have coming up, and they had a 2 year old female ragdoll. She was a bit aloof and looked at me for a bit, walked up, sniffed my hand, and allowed me to pet her a bit but nonetheless wasn't the most friendly. Perhaps I am spoiled by the last cat I adopted (which sadly died of lymphoma) because I chose him the moment he jumped on my lap and wouldn't leave during the visit. Perhaps I'm being too quick to judge, I have the cat on reserve for adoption but I dunno if I should maybe go for another cat? I will visit her a good 5 more times and see how she is, she's a nice cat don't get me wrong but I really don't care how a cat looks if they want to cuddle. The shelter has like no other cats I have an interest in adopting.
>>
>>3443277
>tested negative for the virus
Doesn't really matter unless your over 65 anyways.
>>
File: IMG_20200802_005518.jpg (1019 KB, 3264x1836)
1019 KB
1019 KB JPG
Good night cat general
>>
>>3441524
Place cat gently between legs
Secure scruff and pet gently
Place some catnip in front of cat
Cat is high
Cut nails quickly
>>
>>3443331
Goodnight, camera looks better.
>>
File: 1554777050102.gif (1.89 MB, 400x306)
1.89 MB
1.89 MB GIF
>>3443331
>Tfw you had a snuggly kot
>That cat passed away last year
>Had since a child
>Snuggled and meowed at me, genuinely loved me
>My current cat doesn't even snuggle with me
I miss her :(
>>
>>3443258
>family piss bucket
Is this a new way of saying toilet? Please say that it’s a toilet.
>>
My cat has a nick on the tip of his ear, and the skin around it is black? Or covered in something black, not blood I hope. I’m assuming he scratched himself too hard, but is that it? Should I take him to the vet or will it heal on its own?
>>
Has anyone ever been batshit enough to try feeding their cat solely by using gutloaded feeder mice/rats? I'd assume that would be perfectly healthy as long as the critters going into the cat weren't malnourished.
>>
>>3443368
He baits on here, /dog/ and the aquarium general a few times a month.
Usually piss or shit """jokes""".
>>
>>3443350
None of my cats ever gave a fuck about scruffing. Idk if I was doing it wrong or what though.
>>
>>3443368
>tfw dumb cat tips over the piss bucket
;_;
>>
>>3443350
Cat bolts away
Cats bites, because you mess its scruff
Cat doesn't react to catnip (like 2/3 of all cats)
Cat is pissed
Cat fights back

Oh wow, so helpful! Totally didn't try that one already about 1.5 years ago
>>
>>3442782
Idiot
> You are stranded in an island
> You're eating watermelons full of water
> You don't need to drink a lot
> You still can drink at the spring if you want

Same for cats. Feral cats drink in puddles. Big cats too, by the way.
>>
File: 9vzYQwj-300x219.jpg (23 KB, 300x219)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>3443503
Enjoy paying obscene vet bills once the cat's kidneys give up in next 2-3 years and your entire home will be covered with piss, while the animal is non-stop pain
>>
>>3443182
She found him. He just walked into the house via garage door
>>
>Friends cats run away some time ago via a faulty window, straight into the night
>Two of them returned on their own by morning, no worse for wear
>Third was only captured with extensive search and set up of handful of traps around the area he was hanging out
>Friend assumed the cat simply panicked and got lost
>Have to take care for those cats from time to time
>Walk them out, because that's part of their routine
>The two that returned on their own always on the lead, always knowing the way back, the third that was captured by a trap has to be literally dragged back
>Some time later end up taking care for an indoor-only cat as a cat sitter
>Take the cat for walks, because why the fuck no
>The cat always knows the way back and is always the leading one, despite never being outside for previous 5 years of its life
>Processing.gif
>Try that out with another cat I'm taking care now
>Aside being easily spooked by cars passing two blocks away, the cat also always is on the lead and always knows way back
Something tells me my friend's cat wasn't really lost and actively avoided returning home. And considering what kind of little shit it is, I'm surprised they wasted over a month trying to recapture him originally.
>>
>>3443503
Everybody gangsta about feeding only dry food, until the cat loses bladder control and starts dragging behind itself lines of highly-concentrated urine due to combination of dehydration, kidney failure and being simply sick.
If only that issue could be easily avoided with proper diet...
>>
What's the deal with stuff like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTt2WbpaHic

I tried flipping off my cat but she didn't give a shit. Like she glanced at the finger but she didn't react like these cats did.
>>
>>3443507
Bruh I'm pretty sure most people feed their cats dry food outside here and most of their cats are fine. Why would they even make the shit if it was as bad as you claim? Yeah there are some potential issues that can be helped with a wet diet, but implying every cat on a dry food diet will have these issues within 2-3 years is ridiculous.
>>
There's a cat on our roof and it won't come down, whenever I peek at it from the nearby window it just keeps meowing at me.

Anyway the roof is only 6 meters high and it looks like it jumped from a nearby tree and can't find a way down, its going to jump away eventually right?
>>
>>3443601
Those are badly educated cats who attack their human's hand, flipping off or not.
>>
File: resisting.png (153 KB, 420x260)
153 KB
153 KB PNG
>>3443603
I can almost swear you aren't as retarded as you are playing up to be
>>
>>3443623
Do you think your insults give you any form of authority or persuasion? It's the contrary actually
>>
>>3443563
Cats have a strong sense of orientation so you might be onto something. That, or he could have been scared of something or been through a traumatic experience outside that you and your friend are not aware of.
>>3443610
Any update? If it's stuck there it will start meowing loudly sooner or later.
>>3443603
I've fed my 11 years old boi kibbles all his life and never had any sort of problem. He's as healthy as can be, blood test confirmed that. Don't know if it has to do with the fact that I'm strict with his diet and that he regularly drinks water after every meal and multiple times a day.
>>
>>3443601
How do you train cats to not do this? Is it as simple as giving them discipline after performing an undesired act?
>>
>>3443713
Yes, and it's easier when they're young
No tolerance policy : any bite or scratch, even light, on a human surface results with a firm "no". Water spray or tap on the forehead if they persist.
>>
>>3443713
Idk if this is the best way but when my cat was a small boy and would start biting my fingers I'd invade his mouth further (not enough to make him gag but enough to spook him a bit and make him struggle to spit finger out) eventually he got the message and stopped doing that thing.
>>
>>3443720
>>3443727
Appreciate it, anons. I've got a couple Russian Blue kittens coming my way within the next few months and I'm doing as much research as I can the past year-ish to be as fully prepared as I can be. I do suppose I'll have to see what personalities they develop and adjust, but that's part of the fun of watching them grow.
>>
>>3442924
Dobby (the kitten) made it it seems.
>>
>>3443132
Not that anon, but please for the sake of the cats' and kittens' health report them
>>
>>3443732
Their personality is not entirely 'native', it is heavily influenced by how you educate them.

For the no tolerance policy, I'd add : if you're playing with them, or petting them, at the moment they bite, stop anything nice you're doing, and go away do something else for at least 5 minutes. That'll help them understand the consequences of their actions.

I used the policy on the cat I had a few months ago, with great success. She stopped playing with human parts altogether. Also, now, when I say 'no' in the usual tone, she stops anything she's doing (eating the usb cable). But you have to be consistent, only prohibit what you can enforce and make sure she has the tools to understand why they are being prohibited to do something.

I don't know why, but the only tricky part is preventing feet bites through the sheets. Maybe because she doesn't see that it's me.
>>
>>3443745
Must you always remove yourself from the situation when you want to reinforce a behavior? This can be not ideal if I'm working from home at an office desk for a few hours during the day. Can you immediately put the cat in a separate room as a 'time out' to the same effect? My only concern with that is the cat might draw the conclusion it will be picked up every time it performs that action.
>>
>>3443754
I'd say you don't need to remove yourself everytime. I only do that when it's possible. The main factor is the annoyance of having been yelled at and the fear of the spray. By the way, I only sprayed her 6-7 times at the beginning, and I think she still associates the 'no' with the spray, which is why it is efficient.

The time off might not be effective. In the education of cats, you must always make sure they understand the reasons behind your actions. I'm not sure they'd understand why you are putting them in a place where they can still sleep or play. Your punishment should be immediate and short.
>>
>We have so many cats/kittens, we desperately need new owners
>Oh sorry, you can't adopt these as you're in the wrong zipcode, so you are too far for us to visit and you can't visit us due to COVID-19 restrictions.

The rescue center is literally 5mins from me, but over an invisible arbitrary line. The one in my area is the opposite side of the city. The cat I wanted to adopt is still available a week later.

Has coronavirus actually made people retarded? I just want a replacement for my Bella...
>>
>>3443679
All three of his cats run away. Two simply were waiting at the doors in the morning. I honestly doubt they spread around when outside. Or that one of them had some bad time during that night.
>>
>>3443803
Maybe some trauma from before he adopted them?

I know my Gran's cat is cool now he's a bit older, but still *freaks the fuck out* when picked up, and that's because of abuse he received before she adopted him.
>>
/kot/, should I be worried that my kittens tail isn’t usually up in the happy position? I’ve only had him for a month, but he’s eating, shitting, playing, and cuddling well so I’m not sure what it is that he’s lacking. His tail is usually out horizontally and curved or diagonally pointed down. Any advice would be appreciated, I just want him to be happy :(
>>
>>3443828
Do you spend all day grinning your head off?
>>
>>3443831
But he only grins when asking for food.
>>
>>3443720
>Water spraying cats
Why Angloids are so fucking dense and why they insist on this shit? Is this some Anglo meme I'm too non-English to understand?

>>3443783
Usually the restriction is based on being a citizen of the same place as the shelter. So that arbitrary line might not be arbitrary at all.
>>
>>3443857
What I'm trying to say is, not being *all-happy, all the time* is perfectly fine, if that's his normal behavior. Now if a cat that used to have their tail-up all the time stopped, that would be worrying, but if your cat is always a pretty grumpy/neutral dude, that's fine too.

Same with humans, some humans grunting "Alright" when greeted is normal. Others normally vomit happiness and brightness everywhere, and a grunt of "alright" would indicate a major problem.
>>
>>3443857
>Being this dense
>Having a pet
>>
>>3443861
Pre-COVID it was based on proximity (travel time) to the shelter. Possibly there's an exception for the England/Scotland border, but not the rest of England/Wales.

Now there's this stupid lockdown rule tying it to postcodes (zipcodes) which is ridiculous. I can walk for 5mins from my houe and cross 3 different postcodes.
>>
>>3443863
So he’s not unhappy or in pain or anything? That’s a relief, but is there anything I can do to make him happier or is that his happiness limit? As his caretaker I want him to be the happiest he can be.
>>3443865
Care to elaborate?
>>
>>3441487
What is the least smelly and non dusty litter?
Pictured is the current litter I've used for the sick kitten I got before he grew up and got a companion cat.
Don't need something for a wimp anymore.
Looking for something that isn't too heavy (like clay) as I'm a wimp.
>>
File: 20200801_114208.jpg (1.37 MB, 3264x1836)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB JPG
they hugge
>>
>>3442306
You can put the wet food on a counter or table and theyll climb up to eat it. Not a good habit for the cat but if it helps your back it should be okay.
>>
>>3443970
Crystal litter.
>>
>>3443871
That's your problem

>>3443872
>Why isn't by cat non-stop happy, as in high-as-kite happy? Bros, is my cat sick?
No, you're just retarded
>>
>>3443970
The one that your cat accepts. It doesn't matter which one is the best, least smelly or non dusty. If your cat uses only specific type of litter, your options boil down to "use that litter" and "have cat pissing anywhere, but in the box"
>>
Oh hey guys!
>>
>>3444061
I’ve seen plenty of other cats that walk around with their tails up, it’s not like I’m pulling this out of my ass. I’m not saying he has to be constantly happy, but I’d like him to be happy at least some of the time.
>>
My little fluffball passed away today. I feel absolutely numb and can't believe the words i'm reading back on the screen, I loved her more than I think i've ever loved anything tbhq. It was all so sudden too. Only 5 years old - we were playing this morning, but this afternoon she came out to see me and just freaked out for a few seconds and pretty much just died instantly. I just lay with her for about an hour keeping her warm after she passed and balling my eyes out. Vet thinks it may have been a undetected heart defect or a clot. I didn't know what to do. My brother came over and we had a beer and he has taken her for now, planning to bury her tomorrow but I just feel crushed. I wrapped her with her favourite toy, just want this all to be a bad dream.
>>
>>3444132
:(
Sorry for your loss, Anon. No words will ever be enough to compensate, but those 5 years were the best she could have hoped for. Please share of pictures of kot in her memory.
>>
>>3444136
>>
>>3444120
>plenty of other cats that walk around with their tails up
Newsflash, bitch - that means a whole lot of things, and being happy is like 3rd on the list.
>>
File: 1474313579851.gif (2.96 MB, 350x349)
2.96 MB
2.96 MB GIF
>>3444141
She was very pretty. Sorry, anon.
>>
>>3444182
Like what? Also I did some research and my cat’s breed tends to keep their tail down, so I’m feeling a bit silly now.
>>
>>3444205
What breed?
>>
>>3444209
Persian
>>
>>3444205
Like being fucking curious. Or alerted. Or playful. Or scared. Depends on observable, but still details, so it's not "tail up = happy cat"
>so I’m feeling a bit silly now
It's not that I called you out on being retarded or something...
>>
>>3444215
I won’t deny being a little retarded at times, but at least I try to learn.
>>
>>3441487
Thinking about getting a cat when i move out, couple of questions.
>how bad is toxoplasmosis?
>Good breeds?
>what to teach?
>outside or inside cats?
>>
>>3444250
>>>/Google/. Ask refined questions after doing basic research
>>
>>3444250
>toxo is a non issue
>fuck cat breeds get a moggy
>teach them to shit in a litterbox and onlt scratch a post. everything else is fluff.
>indoor. just get a covered litterbox and be prepared to play a lot.
>>
>>3444259
I usually come to /an/ first but i get your point.
>>3444291
Thanks
>>
>>3444250
>toxoplasmosis
A meme. Wear gloves and wash your hands and you’ll be fine.
>breeds
Depends on what you’re looking for.
>what to teach
Whatever you want. It’s not a necessity like dogs, the only thing that would be useful is to teach it to come to you.
>inside or outside
Inside, definitely. You’ll have to play with your cat more, but that’s the “downside” you get for it to live a longer, healthier life.

Like this guy >>3444259 said you definitely have a lot of research to do, so come back when you’ve learnt more and have more specific questions.
>>
>>3443277
someone please respond
>>
cats>dogs
>>
>>3443277
if you don't feel strongly about adopting then don't force it. Maybe do some more research and have a bit of patience. Once you commit you're making a 10-15 year deal out of it, so be sure you feel strongly about your pick. Good luck.
>>
>>3444250
Toxoplasmosis is an actual problem. For pregnant women. Otherwise don't worry about it.
>>
>>3444307
Alright thanks for the info anon. Will look more into it.
>>
So many people wanting to adopt in here.
Just because you're fucking lonely doesn't mean you should get into a fucking 10-15 year commitment for a 6month lockdown.
>>
File: IMG_2736.jpg (837 KB, 2048x1536)
837 KB
837 KB JPG
>>
>neighbour got cat a few months ago (so it's fairly young, probably around a year old at a guess)
>usually runs away when it sees me
>sister visiting my house the other day, sees cat on way in
>walks up to and it rolls over for her to pet it
>I take one slow step towards it and it bolts
Why does it run away from me so much? They have another one which doesn't really care if I go near it but I haven't tried petting it or anything, but the one I'm talking about just runs away if I'm anything closer than 7 meters to it
>>
>>3444580
Are you loud or walking at it extraordinarily slow or fast?
>>
>>3444621
I don't make any noise but it does watch me, I move slowly.
>>
>>3444635
Try and not move AS slowly and kinda get down low when walking towards it
>>
My KOT
His name is Monty
Say something nice about him
>>
>>3444690
big eyes
cute cat
>>
Do your cats care when you do the slow blink thing?
I think mine used to but she doesn't seem to give a shit anymore
>>
>>3444250
>Toxo
Unless you ignore most basic higiene, while being in the same time a pregnant woman, not only impossible to get, but utterly harmless if you somehow got it
>Breeds
Get a mongrel cat, especially if you never prior had any cats. And preferably already adult, if not outright old one, kittens are terrible if you are clueless about cats and you then end up stuck for 15+ years with a cat you accidently fucked up into being a retard when it was young
>Teaching
"Come" command, leash & nail clipping training. Everything else is optional
>In or out
Out, that's what for you are doing the leash training. Keeping your cat bottled inside the house is basically prison, even if it's a fuck-huge mansion, and the cat WILL develop issues when kept locked in for all of its life
>>
>>3444452
>If you are asking /kot/ for adoption tips, you must be a lonely COVID lockdown crackhead
We are having this kind of questions ever since /an/ exists, you fucking tourist.
>>
>>3444580
It's your smell, which for whatever reason is alerting the cat. That and if you are moving too slow, the cat naturally takes it for a preparation for sneak attack, so it bolts the fuck away.
>>
I fostered kittens for a few weeks this year and its left me really wanting a cat or two but their shit fucking reeked like no other animal I've ever cared for and they went to the litterbox several times a day which required frequent emptying and cleaning to try lessen the smell.

Is this just a feature of kittens they grow out of? Was it maybe the food? Are there things I can do to lessen the smell if I get cats? Nobody I know who owns a cat has ever had their house smell like mine did when those kitties took a dump.
>>
>>3444824
>Keeping your cat bottled inside the house is basically prison, even if it's a fuck-huge mansion, and the cat WILL develop issues when kept locked in for all of its life
This isn't remotely true.
>>
>>3444837
>t. faggot in denial
He specifically mentioned twice walking the cat on a leash. How fucking hard it is to all the "NOOO, INDOORS 4LIFE" cunts to grasp that "cat being outside" doesn't mean "cat just tossed out of the house for the night in the hope it will return for food later"?
>>
>>3444837
>>3444840
Just because you are a fucking basement dweller that gets stimulated by posting in net doesn't mean your cat will manage when being stuck with you in your basement.
And if you can't be arsed to walk your pet, then don't get one.
>>
>>3444835
That's strange.
I never had any cats that really reeked. The smell can be unpleasant around the litter, at the worst.
Maybe their mother didn't have time to teach them how to clean themselves ? Wet food is also known to make their shit smell worse.
>>
>>3444849
>Replying to a 2 yo bait pasta
>>
>>3444851
What? Anon I'm being sincere and posted that myself.
>>3444849
I gave them dry food and afaik they were seperated from their mom pretty early since she died but the shelter had them with another recent mama cat till I took em in for a few weeks. Maybe they just had bowel issues then if its abnormal?
>>
>>3444855
I have no more clue. But a cat doesn't normally smell bad. In fact, a cat smells good. In any case, a cat's odor is not strong.
>>
>>3444858
Oh, the kittens smelled fine - it was just their poos were absolutely rancid and filled up a lot of the downstairs of my home if I didn't empty the litter box relatively often.
>>
>>3444859
Did you put away the full litter and fill it with a new one ? You have to do that regularly.
Also, you have to put enough littler, at least 6-7 cm
>>
>>3442782
Everything you said is literally propoganda by big petfood to shill their low quality wet food.
>>
>Two months after adoption, the cat came at night, kneaded my chest for a while, curled and went to sleep, rather than taking spot on the corner of the bed
>Stayed there until I woke up in the morning
So much win
>>
>>3444877
... as opposed to literally propaganda by big petfood (kek) to shill their low quality dry food
It's almost as if quality of the food was unrelated to the form the food takes
>>
>>3444841
>>3444840
>NNNNOOOO THE KOTS NEED WALKIES OR THEY GO FUCKING INSAAAAAAAAAANE
You are fucking retards, this is not true.
>>
>>3444904
>t. thinks "cats are just mean by nature" when his cat is an aggressive and destructive asshole
>>
>>3444904
I mean why wouldn't you walk your cat? It's one of those situations where there is no real reason to not do something, other than being too lazy to bother. In fact, it's not even lazyness, since walks are far easier, faster and less demanding than playing with the cat, while achieving the same result.
Or you plan to tell us you don't play with your cat either
>>
>>3444911
>NNNNNOO YOUR CATS MUST BE TWISTED FUCKING PSYCHOPATHS BECUZ YOU KEEP THEM INSIDE LIKE A JAILLLLERRRR
lmaoing @ ur life

My cats are well fed, well groomed, well rested, and well taken care of. They have toys/eachother if they want to play and plenty of space if they want privacy. They're happy and have literally not been outside (except for in their travel cages) once in their entire lives.

But please, keep taking your cat on walks. I have nothing against that and I'm sure ots fine for them. Just don't be one of those freaks who lets them freely roam and devestate local wildlife while risking death and I have no problem with you.
>>
>>3444919
>Just don't be one of those freaks who lets them freely roam and devestate local wildlife while risking death and I have no problem with you.
Oh, so you're American.
That would explain your general retadation. Or the fact that you are TOO FUCKING DUMB TO HANDLE BASIC READING COMPREHENSION when leash-walking is mentioned and instead start the Amerilard "muh enviromentino!" moaning.
>>
>>3444917
I play with my cats a minimum of two hours per day. Give 'em half an hour after breakfast and lunch then an hour in the evening, often more, while I have the tv on for background noise. Rest of the time I'll gladly pet them or let them chill out with me, playing for a bit here and there if they want to and I'm not busy cooking or something.

And I don't walk them because its strictly unnecessary and just taking additional risks for no reason. No point having them out and potentially around people walking their dogs or stray dogs/cats which can lead to disease transmission or injuries when they're happy as fuck indoors.
>>
>>3444921
>Oh, so you're American.
Nope, try again honey.
>That would explain your general retadation. Or the fact that you are TOO FUCKING DUMB TO HANDLE BASIC READING COMPREHENSION when leash-walking is mentioned and instead start the Amerilard "muh enviromentino!" moaning
The only one who can't read here is you you spastic little cunt. I deliberately, clearly spelled out that I have nothing against those who walk their cats and don't object to you doing so and then highlighted freeroaming as the only thing I actually have an issue with for emphasis. But please, keep getting triggered over your own inability to parse my posts.
>>
File: What am I reading.gif (1.37 MB, 430x360)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB GIF
>>3444923
It's like you are intentionally writing your posts to farm (You)s. Especially the final sentence of it.
>>
>>3444927
>I deliberately, clearly spelled out that I have nothing against those who walk their cats and don't object to you doing so
Yeah, aside the part where we have this discussion solely because you are against going outside with your cat. But suddenly it's about just freeroaming cats, not walking on a leash.
Eat a fucking gun, you obviously own one already for that occassion. Just do it, faggot.
>>
>>3444930
>Yeah, aside the part where we have this discussion solely because you are against going outside with your cat
So you really can't read then, huh? My very first post is this: >>3444837
My sole argument so far has been that insisting you HAVE to walk your cat or else it damages them is complete bollocks, and that cats can be totally fine with an indoor only lifestyle. I have not once said you should not walk your cat or that there are no cats that prefer/require getting walked, merely that I don't because my two are happy as pigs in muck the way they are now and its just taking a risk for no real benefit to them in my case. YOU are the fucking retard misreading this very simple chain of posts.

>>3444929
I genuinely amn't. I only stop by here very infrequently and wasn't even aware there were people dumb enough to think all cats go crazy if they're not walked.
>>
>>3444927
>spastic little cunt.
Ah, you're Australian. Even worse.
>>
>>3443982
awww
>>
>>3444936
Try again.
>>
File: 4a6qin.jpg (153 KB, 888x499)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
>>3444927
>>3444929
>>3444930
>>
Hitl*erina just stayed on my lap at her own will for a whole minute for the first time ever
>>
>>3444132
I am so sorry for your loss anon, reading this made me tear up. It is never easy losing someone so close to you. At least you were there for her whole life and you gave her the world. She loves you so much anon always remember that.
Rest in peace.
>>
>>3444930
Calm down, asswipe
>>
>>3444223
And that's what matters most anon.
>>
>>3444940
Calm down, asswipe
>>
My cat keeps meowing over and over like an idiot, what the hell
>>
>>3444940
The actual angry pharmacist reporting in...
... and that argument isn't mine.

Should I start using a trip?
>>
What's that species of (wild) cat with so much fur you can barely see its ears if at all?
>>
File: 1200px-Manoel.jpg (350 KB, 1200x1200)
350 KB
350 KB JPG
>>3445145
Pallas cat
>>
>>3445152
Thank you.
>>
>Insurance wants £140 for 12 months.
>Insurance wants £90 for 12 months if they were a month older.
ThinkingEFG.jpg

Can I just buy insurance for a month or something? That's a ridiculous discount.
>>
>>3445161
That's not how insurance works...
>>
>>3445166
It still seems crazy that it drops so fast for a single month. I guess that like... a year in kitten years though?
>>
>>3445171
It's just the rules. They have to set a limit somwhere
dura lex, sed lex
>>
>>3445171
Kittens are at a higher risk of death than 2 year old cats.
>actually buying pet insurance
>>
>>3445177
Yeah but is a 4 month year old as likely to die in the next month as the following 11? Assuming ~£40 or so of the insurance is non-medical insurance like straying. I wish I could get a finer breakdown from the underwriters.

Now I'm thinking about it, it's making more sense desu. Just seeing the numbers initially (an extra £100 for the two of them) made me balk.
>>
>>3445183
>finer breakdown from the underwriters
If I lost my car or phone insurance isn't going to cover it.
>>
>>3445190
You need better insurance anon.
>>
>>3443720

Imagine being this much of a lil bitch.
Playfighting with cats is one of the best way to overcome their anxiety toward you. So what if you get some scratches in the process. It never hurts for more than 5 minutes, and never that much.
An older cat I had would lay ambushes on me, run up than turn aside showing me her big round back to try and make herself bigger, and that was the sign that I had to chase her around the house. Once I catched her its was boxing time, I'd try to boop her on the head with a finger while she tried to bite the fuck out of me. After two minutes she would quit and then snuggle up to me. She was my roommates cat and initially didnt like me at all, by the end of maybe 6 months she would spend her days on my knees.

>>3443713
All you have to do is vocalize when they are biting too hard on you, and they'll eventually learn to stop.
>>
>>3445207
He might have kids.
>>
Can a small 3kg cat like hitIerina do harm to grown chicken?
>>
>>3445152
Doesn't look like the fur is covering its eyes not even slightly
>>
>>3445117
Yes, so we can all filter you.
>>
>>3445223
I'd say she'll either be afraid, or eat it
>>
>>3445224
Anon said covering it's ears, not eyes
>>
What brands do you guys feed your cats? I currently feed mine Whole Earth Farms and Blue Buffalo.
>>
>>3445305
Hound & Gatos, Weruva, and Dr. Elsey's.
>>
Foot massage
>>
>>3445478
What breed is the little fella?
>>
>>3445305
The cans sold in the local chain store. It doesn't even have a brand, it's just "Cat Food" and look super-cheap.
It still has however 65% meat, oils, fats (tuna oil) and minerals. And that's the entire ingredient list, so it's by default better than 99% of cans, while costing literal pocket change. The mineral sub-list covers everything the cat needs in the right amount, too.
I'm always confused why those are so cheap, given the quality content, but I guess that's just zero advertising to pay for and all logistics being handled by the chain shop, rather than special orders and specialised shops
But before I found those, I was mostly feeding Feringa and Carny, with whatever not-completely-toxic random replacement if the shipment didn't came on time.
>>
>>3445478
Lewd
>>
>>3445305
Supermarket own brand wet food
Whiskers dry food (dry food is shite enough, let alone the cheap stuff)
>>
>>3445495
British shorthair creme color
>>
File: w-what.png (109 KB, 349x515)
109 KB
109 KB PNG
>>3445519
>Feeds wet food
>And dry food, too
Why? As in - for real, why?
>>
>>3445527
1) Thats what is recommended here in the UK (by some vets at least, others say wet-only)
2) I leave them dry food when I go to work and it's eaten when I get back. When I can be present for meals I feed them wet.
>>
>>3445539
>I leave them dry food when I go to work and it's eaten when I get back
Makes sense, assuming they don't just munch it down the moment it is put into the bowl
>>
File: 20200803_184653.jpg (3.05 MB, 4032x3024)
3.05 MB
3.05 MB JPG
Kitty backpack sleep
>>
would a cat be a good first pet if i'm not comfortable taking care of other living things, but want to learn? i figure they'd be less maintenance than even a small-ish dog.
>>
>>3445652
>i figure they'd be less maintenance than even a small-ish dog.
Can this meme finally die?
Cats aren't low maintenance. Or even less maintenance than dogs.
If you need a low-effort pet that can handle itself, unironically get yourself shrimps, preferably the decorative ones. They make excellent pet to watch, while all you have to do is making sure the air pump is turned on for at least an hour a day (unlike fish, which need that on non-stop).
Cats aren't low effort and most definitely not easy or cheap to handle.
>>
>>3445645
That's a gorgeous kot anon, is it a ragdoll?
>>
>>3445687
I wish, then she would be nice. She's a snowpoint siamese, so she's a twatty little cunt and spoiled rotten.
>>
File: 20200803_203009.jpg (3.9 MB, 4032x3024)
3.9 MB
3.9 MB JPG
>>3445687
>>3445760
When I put the food down, she needs to be CARRIED to the food bowl before she'll eat. She's spoilt beyond all recovery.
>>
File: 20200611_171215.jpg (3.75 MB, 4032x3024)
3.75 MB
3.75 MB JPG
>>3445687
My boy Boris is much nicer. He spent some time homeless so he learned how to grift, he's a prostitute who sluts himself out for food and attention.
>>
File: IMG_20200803_215105.jpg (1.87 MB, 3264x1836)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB JPG
Warm furry cheeks
>>
File: IMG_20200803_211519.jpg (1.7 MB, 1836x3264)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB JPG
Smol
m
o
l
>>
>my car has better sense of boundaries than me
Why am I so clueless
>>
>>3445766
what a little princess

>>3445836
I'm trying to read your post over here:
your car refused to run over your cat, but you walked on your cat?
>>
Is it true that some cats are afraid of men?
>>
Be honest.
What percentage chance does my cat have of needing to be put down if he has a tumor forming behind his eye? The vet won't give a direct answer until more tests are run.
>>
My cat is 17 years old and she has hyperthyroidism. My mom won't pay to take her to the vet and wants her to die naturally(if she's in pain we will put her down though).
She's lost a lot of weight, she's skin and bones. She was previously eating but she stopped eating as of yesterday.

Can I buy special food from the vet and force feed her with a syringe twice a day?
If I do this for a few weeks, will she gain weight and regain her appetite? I know the hyperthyroidism will eventually kill her but if solving her eating problem will extend her life by a while, then I would want to do it.
She's still acting mostly normal and isn't in pain.
>>
>>3445898
Those sent by Lucifer himself fear those who walk the path of God. The only cure for them is death.
>>
>>3444943
Thanks anon, I appreciate your kind words more than you know
>>
>>3445932
If it's within eye-socket, welcome pirate kitty.
If it's behind it - welcome dead cat
>>
>>3445964
>My mom
You need to be 18 to use this site.
Also, if you have money to buy food, you have the money to put the cat down. The cat is fucking dying and dying isn't a dramatic event full of spasms and pain either, so deal with it, you moron.
>>
>literally first day after switching cat to an all wet food diet he diarrhea shits all over my bed and favorite pillow

Yeah, I think I'm going to go back to the kibble. Fuck this shit. Whoever recommended switching to wet food is a fucking retard.
>>
>>3444921
>muh americans
I'm european and he's completely right. Cats, if properly taken care of, don't suffer from being indoors. My cat goes on the balcony at max (until seagulls come, he is afraid of them) and has no health or aggressiveness problems.
And "muh environmentino" is a perfectly good argument to not let cats out unsupervised, both for the environment and the cats' sake
>>
>>3446265
Did you not do it gradually? When you change an animal's diet, you're supposed to do it slowly.
>>
>>3441487
Is it normal for a kot to try and jump into a burning furnace?
>>
>>3442786
don't do that
>>
>>3446325
I've seen people complain about their cats trying to jump into a hot oven before. I guess it's not obvious to them that it's hot from a distance.
>>
>>3445964
I'm pretty sure that a cat with hyperthyroidism needs specific medication first. A quick search on google and your mom would know this too. If the cat dies it's her fault entirely because she's an ignorant piece of shit (maybe tell her this, without using rude words, to make her understand how serious the situation is).

>special food from the vet
Did the vet suggest it to you? I'd be blunt and ask them how high are the chances for the cat to regain weight and appetite and if it's not only a waste of money. Or change vet.

What really is important is that you convince your mom that keeping the cat alive is doing more damage than putting her to sleep. 17 years old is an age not even indoor cats generally reach. Take your time to say her goodbye and let her go.
>>
>>3444690
His little itty bitty white stripe on him is a cute he looks like he ate marshmallows
>>
File: IMG_20200804_102116.jpg (2.35 MB, 1836x3264)
2.35 MB
2.35 MB JPG
Here I go again. This time I'm not pulling and trying to force her to walk. I just put on the leash and let her do her thing. Which was to walk for 10 seconds and then get to lay down. Whatever, just for her to get used to it.
>>
>>3446360
aaaaaagh hold the leash
>>
File: IMG_20170926_211129.jpg (2.91 MB, 3968x2240)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB JPG
/an/ I need some advice, my 6 year old kot had diarrhea and got 10 days antibiotics, his poo was all fine but 3 days later he started scratching himself like crazy and the diarrhea is back. he doesn't hide but rather wants to be left alone. Can this be an late adverse reaction to the antibiotics?
pic related is my boy
>>
File: IMG_20200804_103206.jpg (1.63 MB, 1836x3264)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB JPG
She keeps getting the leash out her front legs. Every damn time. What do?
>>
Lately my cat’s doing this strange thing where he uses his paws to take my fingers into his mouth, and than bites down gently enough not to break skin. Is he playing or trying to dominate me or what?
>>
My female cat will be 6 months in september, the shelter where I adopted her recommended me to neuter her when she is 6 months so she won't get pregnant or be in heat for days, I have researched and man it looks cruel, do you guys think it is ethical?
I know they will give her painkillers or something for a week so she dont feel anything but I'm not so sure... You guys think she will hate me for neutering her?
>>
File: IMG_20200804_103830.jpg (1.74 MB, 3264x1836)
1.74 MB
1.74 MB JPG
She did it again ree I'm gonna have to tighten the leash
>>
File: IMG_20200804_104153.jpg (1.13 MB, 3264x1836)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB JPG
Is it viable to use the leash on the middle of her body, not grabbing the front legs?
>>
File: IMG_20200804_104301.jpg (1.43 MB, 1836x3264)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB JPG
She's
1-walking one bit then laying down, like she used to do when I tried to force her to walk
2- just bited my foot lightly once, I suppose for complaining
As I typed this she walked a few meters without stopping and laying
>>
>>3446372
tighten the leash
>>
>>3446376
Is he only eating wet food?
>>
>>3446377
Do it. She'll be so much happier not having to go through heat cycles. Female cats go crazy and scatterbrained during that time. We had an unspayed one that clawed a hole in a screen and jumped out of a second floor window when she was in heat. And of course she found herself a male and got pregnant. Your cat will be fine and won't hate you.
>>
>>3446385
Won't it get uncomfortable

Her neck collar, she kept taking it off every day, until it become so loose that it could fall off on its own. But then it never fell off anymore. But the leash may be a different case.
>>
Why does my cat beg for avocado but when I offer some she has no interest in eating it?
>>
>>3446369
I would go to the vet and bring this up to them.
Is he like self-harming type of scratching or like an allergic reaction?
>>
>>3446377
You should get her fixed, if not she will be very moody and you could possibly lose her if she ever goes out to find a mate.
>>
File: IMG_20200804_105709.jpg (1.35 MB, 1836x3264)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB JPG
The leash fell off when she jumped so I tightened it now

>>3446389
It's like trannies. Look good on porn but are disgusting irl. But you may end up liking it, like he may taste avocado and start liking it.
>>
>>3446388
Nooooo, she will be ok. Look at us, we can have any harness tightly fastened without it being painful. You wouldn't want her to escape, do you?
If she's in pain, she'll make you know
>>
>>3446389
Cats are silly. My cat ate mac n cheese once
>>
>>3446386
Yes, why?
>>
File: IMG_20200804_110239.jpg (1.36 MB, 3264x1836)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB JPG
>>3446399
I doubt she would "escape" tho. The few times she found the street door open she just hid under the nearest car lol

Pic related, I tightened it and it just made it more difficult for her to take the legs off. The leash is back on her torso again.
>>
>>3446387
>>3446397
Thanks guys, this makes it easier, I guess time will make her forgive me
>>
>>3443258
Put the lid down? Or is your toilet a literal piss bucket?
>>
>>3446399
>Look at us, we can have any harness tightly fastened without it being painful.
Wtf I never used a harness. What are you, a construction worker? I never use shirts at home because I find them uncomfortable.
>>
>>3446403
It's a guess, but she may try to "brush her teeth" with your fingers. Some say kibble helps brushing off tartar.
>>
>>3445652
There are no easy pets other than a rock. Also, no pet is a "practice" animal. That's why there's fish suffocating in 0.5 gallon bowls and hamsters burrowing through their own shit b/c ppl think they need less care and attention than a dog. If you want a cat then get a cat, otherwise get the pet you ACTUALLY want and do all the research and preparation you can to take proper care of it
>>
If my cat won't cooperate on walks should I just drag him?
>>
>>3446427
It doesn’t feel like he’s doing that at all, he also likes to bunny kick my arm while biting down. And the kibble thing is a myth, it’s been proven in studies that kibble does nothing to clean teeth.
>>
>>3446377
Something that's not always mentioned is pyometra and how the risk increases as they go through more heat cycles. There's def health problems which are caused by spaying/neutering, but they're generally much more minor than those from leaving an animal intact. Don't think there's anything caused by spaying a cat that can kill them as quickly/easily as pyometra can

My mom had hesitated to get her cat fixed for similar reasons but after seeing how stressed it got during heat and how fucking annoying the howling and constant attempts to get outside were she immediately got it fixed after
>>
File: tabbybaby.png (118 KB, 298x172)
118 KB
118 KB PNG
The worst has happened, I'm angry, sad and bitter.
Out of the cute 4 kittens I found 12 days ago at night only one is left. The story is so fucking absurd I still have a hard time believing it.
Mom cat initially had moved them to the abandoned floor of a building, in a hole under the floor. It was still easy for me to interact with them, they got used to my presence in no time so I thought it could be feasible for me to pick them up once they were 2 months old.
A few days later, she took all of the kittens outside to the parking of the building next to mine, under a car that I noticed had been parked for a few days. That is when troubles started. I saw the kittens play under the car and later hide and sleep "inside" the bumper. Right when I decided "alright, tomorrow I'm writing a note to the car owner and place it under the windshield wiper", in the following morning the car wasn't there anymore and the kittens where nowhere to be seen, mom cat was all alone.
Long story short, I went searching the kittens in the evening and when I got to the parking, the car owner came to me already knowing what I was doing and told me how things went. When she visited her daughter that morning (less than 20 kms from where we live), her daughter's dog started barking and they found ONE single kitten hiding in the bumper, she imagined it was the kitten that lived nearby and she took it back to the parking, the mom was there searching for her kittens and as soons as she saw the tabby one being released she suddenly picked it and breastfed it.
The lady told me that the other three kittens weren't there, she searched for them, so our conclusion is that they all fell down when she was driving. The tabby kitten is the only one that miraculously got to the house safe and that tshe brought back.

(1/2)
>>
I am very concerned, I found this on my indoor kot. He's an active little man and he jumps often, could have have missed and caught himself on something? Why is all of that hair missing?
>>
File: very_worried.jpg (793 KB, 1204x1608)
793 KB
793 KB JPG
>>3446522
>>3446522
>>3446522
>>
>>3446517
(2/2)
Now the mom moved her kitten again inside of the old abandoned building, although I saw her obsessively searching for the rest of the kittens all night not giving up.
After dinner I went to search them too walking by the road the lady's car had traveled until the end of the road in the hope they fell down at the beginning, but without success.
The woman said that she would have contacted her daughter too so she would have searched the kittens in that area too. I honestly don't hold out much hope, I can only hope that they: 1) died quickly without feeling pain 2) were found alive by someone on the road.

What can I do for the kitten left? Apparently the mom accepted the kitten even if it was covered with the smell of a human, does it happen often? She's a 100% feral.
I want to help but I don't wanto to "steal" the kitten from the mom now.
>>
>>3446524
Yeah probably. We'll never know how it happened, but judging from that pic it looks like a superficial wound, you shouldn't be worried about.
>>
>>3445964
>>3446253 >>3446350
We decided to put her down....
Happening later today, im devastated.
I had this cat for most of my life...
>>
>>3446545
I'm sorry to hear this anon, my cat passed recently too and it is truly gut wrenching. No words will help but rest assured she loved you as much as you loved her. She'll live on in your memory forever. Take care and vent on here if it helps.
>>
>>3446545
I am very sorry for you anon é_è
I'm sure she had the most perfect life she could dream of. That's your gift to her.
Please hold her paw when she's passing away. I did this to Cachou. Somehow I think it reassured her. I'll never forget it.
>>
>>3446535
Yeah I know, I caught it this morning and I got real worried. I'm going to read up on cat nutrition while I'm here, thanks /kot/
>>
File: 20200724_150324.jpg (1.97 MB, 4032x3024)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB JPG
I hope she is more cuter when hes 1 years old.
>>
>>3446369
>cat has diarrhea
>antibiotics
... what?
>>
>>3446389
>Cats see you eat something
>Begs for it, since it's food
>It's not edible for the cat, so is left ignored
Rocket. Fucking. Science
Now here, listen this, because it's going to knock your socks off: ALL avian and mammalian pets do that. Amazing!
>>
>>3446453
Yes anon, drag it. Don't forget to record it on your phone and then post in the internet, because it's so fucking hilarious watching retards in action
>>
File: free shrugs.png (450 KB, 449x642)
450 KB
450 KB PNG
>>3446530
Either take both cats in, mom and the kitten, or ignore them entirely.
I never understand people making a drama about feral kittens. If you aren't taking them in, along with their mother, then what the fuck you even care?
>>
>>3446547
Thanks, it's pretty terrible, and I know I'm going to cry later when it happens.

>>3446548
Oh god I just realized I have to do this... To be there in person when they put her down.
Thanks for your kind words...
>>
File: IMG_0118.jpg (1.2 MB, 3264x2448)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB JPG
cat on the right is Bucky, last Sunday I had to put him down due to a urinary blockage he'd developed over the weekend, was in a lot of pain and the treatment would have been thousands of dollars I just couldn't afford, it's been a gut wrenching last few days
>>
>>3446599
Feeling life exiting a living being is very strange.
The moment her little paw went limp...
>>
>>3446611
Aw ;_;
he was very cute
The other one lived with him? How does he cope?
>>
>>3446579
>>3446581
>>3446584
calm down, asswipe
>>
>>3446620
that's his brother, feels like he's been more clingy lately and he seems to be resting in the spots the other one would frequently use more often
>>
>>3446584
The mom is hard to catch, last year when she was a kitten I caught her sister bc badly injured and got her adopted. Since I live with 2 cats I would have to ask first the cat shelter if they'd take the mom and the kitten in, summer season they are often at full capacity.
What I'm asking is what I can do for now to make sure the kitten doesn't die before it's weaned and I can take it. Not sure I'll be able to catch the mom.
>>
File: gusic4life.jpg (1.1 MB, 2592x1458)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB JPG
:3
>>
It’s time to make bread
>>
>>3446395

i feel like its an allergic reaction, like if he'd have fleas but hes an indoor cat and I saw nothin with the flea comb
>>
>>3446578

Stool sample showed pathogenic bacteria in his poop and vet described Baytril for 10 days
>>
>>3446656
you both look like nice guys
>>
>>3446630
>Set up a trap with food where she hangs around
>Capture the cat
>...
>PROFIT!
Shelters usually borrow cat-catching traps for people for a deposit, to capture escaped cats.
If you don't plan to adopt, literally just ignore their existence. There is nothing you can to. And if you let the feral mother take care for a kitten, then I guarantee you it will stay the fuck away from humans, even if it isn't scared yet. So take the two or forget the two
>>
>>3446693
And let me guess - no probiotic of any kind?
>>
File: 20200804_144306.jpg (2.83 MB, 4128x2322)
2.83 MB
2.83 MB JPG
She's a cutie, but has slown down significantly (11yr old). Any advice on senior cat care?
>>
>>3446704

I give now probiotics, i feel awful i didn't think of it beforehand. vet wants me to start another 10 days of Baytril and I'm worried it will cause more harm than do good.
>>
>>3446738
Check ups once every 6 months. Try to keep her entertained with toys and games.
>>
File: 1588890565090.jpg (51 KB, 640x636)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
What type of grass do you guys give your indoor cats? I keep getting those little tubs of wheat grass in the produce section and trying to plant them but they end up molding after a week. Am I just retarded with plant tending or should I be using something else?
>>
>be allergic to kots
>hasn't been bad in years, all my friends have kots, watch over them all the time/play with them etc...
>but back when it was bad I needed respiratory issues
>give in and adopt a kot my friend is fostering
>his sister is still unaccounted for adoption wise
>kind of want to adopt her because how could I not but scared of having 2x the allergens
any of you guys allergyfags?
>>
>>3446941
It will suck for the first year but you will adjust to their allergens that they produce. Other than that you could do allergy shots but that takes about 8 months from start to finish to get up-to-date and that's not guaranteed. Other than that I suggest to never let them in the bedroom until that year passes so you're not suffering in your sleep at least.
>>
File: 86029.jpg (121 KB, 720x960)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
>>3446971
>It will suck for the first year but you will adjust to their allergens that they produce
that's what I figure, I haven't had respiratory issues in years to kots either, and got a new inhaler prescription in case (getting the one confirmed kot friday)
>Other than that you could do allergy shots but that takes about 8 months from start to finish to get up-to-date and that's not guaranteed
I was actually going to start doing that before the whole covid mess...I should get on it
>Other than that I suggest to never let them in the bedroom until that year passes so you're not suffering in your sleep at least.
that's a great idea anon, thanks
here's a pic of the cuties, the one in the middle is mine, the one on the left is his sister that I also want to adopt, and the one to the right that's not really in the pic is accounted for adoption-wise
>>
>>3447008
They are adorable! I'm jealous, to be honest :3
Last thing I might suggest is if you find two kots to be too much in terms of allergies you can always get one or a couple HEPA air filters and clean them weekly or something. Also keeping them groomed and vaccuming/sweeping frequently will help. Really just depends what lengths you want to go to prevent allergies.
>>
>>3447016
>They are adorable!
I know! I can't wait!
>a couple HEPA air filters and clean them weekly or something. Also keeping them groomed and vacuuming/sweeping frequently will help.
good idea thanks, I definitely intend on the cleaning frequently/a lot more thing. I don't mind mild allergies, only worried about the respiratory reaction I haven't had in years
On the bright side a few of my friends with kots don't clean vacuum/sweep etc... all that frequently and I'm fine at their places. I also really want the 2nd kot
>>
>>3447020
They'll probably be pretty happy together.
>https://www.meowcatrescue.org/resources/articles/12/single-kitten-syndrome/index.html
>>
>>3447037
>They'll probably be pretty happy together.
I know! that's why I feel like I have to, and my allergies can't get much worse, y'know? And the literal worst case scenario is I just huff albuterol a couple times a day, not a big deal for me.
>>
>>3447037
This is bullshit. As long as the kitten’s been with its mother and littermates long enough (at least 12-13 weeks) they should have all the necessary cat skills they need for life. There’s no need to be with another kitten for another three or so months. I’m not going to deny that a kitten would enjoy having a playmate, but making a requirement for adoption is retarded.
>>
>>3446579
Apparently many cats do like avocado though and will eat it...
>>
>>3446930
Water them less often. Only when the earth is not wet anymore.
>>
>>3446740
>Vet prescribes antibiotics for 10 days
>Plans another 10 days
>Doesn't instruct or handle probiotics
>All for digestive tract infection
>While handling enrofloxacin
Change vet
Enrofloxacin by itself cause severe diarrhea - when it's overdosed. Plus antibiotics of all kind will kill ALL the digestive flora, which also causes diarrhea. So considering your cat was medicated, it's shitting itself to sickness now not due to infection, but due to overmedication and carefree handling of antibiotics.
Oh and enrofloxacin, by the way, easily get resisted by most bacterias, especially when badly dosed.

tl;dr change vet
>>
>>3446941
Already look for a place where you will be able to drop the cat should your allergy get bad/worse. As in - anyone who would adopt the cat from you. Just in case. Then see for yourself.
>>
>>3446930
>Can't grow grass
Yes, you're retarded.
Water it for germination, so the soil is wet, then leave it be. Don't water until the growth stops and the grass starts showing signs of wilting.
Plants can handle being in dry soil quite easily. What they can't handle is being drowned.
>>
>>3447350
ye, I have family who would take them in if shit really got bad
>>
>>3446377
Neutering is a mean act. Plenty of sources on the internet make out it's happy and all roses, it's not, you're cutting your pets genitals out.

That said, it's *far* less cruel than being responsible for unwanted litters. Plus it prevents health issues in female cats as they age, male cats marking their territory by spraying, and general harmful mate-seeking behavior that can end up with your cat run over or injured in a fight. Getting them neutered is the lesser of two evils.

Remember, don't spay or neuter your pets, get a vetenarian to do it.
>>
>>3446941
Maybe it's specific breeds that are the problem? Try and get a kot of the same breed your friends have.
>>
>>3447420
>Remember, don't spay or neuter your pets, get a vetenarian to do it.
wtf
no shit
>>
>>3447422
>Le it's only this breed you are allergic for selling pitch
Breeder or retarded?
>>
New thread:

>>3447474
>>3447474
>>3447474
>>
>>3446517
The part where the mom is searching for his kittens in the parking lot is really sad.
>>
>>3446656
Cute kot

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.