[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / vrpg / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 112 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

New board: /vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

File: animal_fight.jpg (90 KB, 745x580)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
Discuss.
>>
>>3434497
>please remove a zero tier
>rat
>S tier
>Falcons
>humans
>A Tier
>croc
>gorilla
>B tier
>bear
>bull
>C tier
>lions
>wolves
>>
20,000 rats
i will strap half a stick of dynamite to 1,000 of them they will be my kamikaze corp and rejoice in rat valhalla
>>
>>3434508
They wouldn't be able to walk very fast, all 4,000 legs just scrambling around...
I like your idea of a rat king though, very inventive.
>>
Wolfpack and eagles.
I've got the entire land and the sky covered with my minions.
>>
Rats and gunman easily
>>
>>3434497
one dude with a gun vs thousands of encroaching animals would be a kino movie.
>>
...how much weight can one eagle lift?
>>
>>3434521
>cast them
>>3434521
What weapon does he carry?
>>
None. I'd let dude kill me
>>
>>3434522
Eagles are for blinding your enemies, anon.
>>
>>3434530
Are they're not allowed to drop rats onto enemies?
>>
>>3434497
No hippobros?
>>
File: 1595365497444.png (190 KB, 364x464)
190 KB
190 KB PNG
>>3434512
Based.
>>
>>3434531
Aye, I suppose they could do that
>>
Rats and Gorillas.
>>
>>3434513
this
if you don't pick the gunman and he becomes your enemy, none of the animals can do anything to stop him from just fucking shooting you from 500m away.
>>
>>3434577
what if I also have a gun, I've got one locked-up about 20 feet away from me right now
kinda hard to shoot a man when there's several eagles and a few wolves blocking the path of whatever cartridge he has loaded
>>
>>3434497
that's so many rats that they could all get up and hug all 5 gorillas all over their bodies and create a layer of rat love armor while the gorillas just fucking punch everything else into the ground
>>
>>3434577
>none of the animals can do anything to stop him from just fucking shooting you from 500m away.
Are we dueling in gm_flatgrass?? I'd just hide while my rats and birds overwhelm him. He's just a dude with a rifle, can't kill them all. Also I get to steal his rifle when he dies.
>>
What's the terrain? If purely flat neutral ground then rats and eagles so I can fucking book it while everything is trying to avoid being eaten alive. If I get the choice in terrain then rats and crocs and throw me into a fucking swamp. If it's starting from my house then we're back to rats and eagles because I have a gun to shoot anything trying to get in and can just litter the house with rats to stave off anything that breaches the house while the eagles harass anything else trying to get in.
>>
>>3434522
An African or European eagle?
>>
i choose none and walk directly towards the gun man
>>
>>3434636
RIP
>>
>>3434497
10 gorillas, easy
>>
File: 145636833443.jpg (44 KB, 444x400)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>3434497
Rats and eagles.
A sea of rats can scare away most of these. A pair of eagles can kill a wolf.
>>
>>3434512
Enjoy being fucked over by 10000 rats as they ignore all your eagles and wolves and head straight for you.
>>
>>3434577
3 eagles scout him out and divebomb him removing his eyes. Gg.
>>
>>3434634
Oh, I don't know tha..AAAAAAIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Rats and eagles.
You guys have no idea how vicious 10000 rats could be.
>>
>>3434497
10,000 rats? Do you realise how huge a swarm of 10,000 rats would look like? Also eagles for aerial distraction of gunman and other animals.
>>
>>3434522
Eagles generally can lift about their own bodyweight or slightly more in flight. Idk which species is pictured but it looks like Verreaux's which weigh about 4-7kg
>>
If I have time to build a moat or just book it to the nearest castle with one, the alligators and the gunman seem like a pretty strong choice
>>
>>3434497
Unfortunately you have to pick the rats because they would swarm past your defenders, even though as defenders themselves they're pretty dogshit. Other than that I think the bears are the best option, and would synergize decently with the rats
>>
>>3434497
Homo with rifle is too OP
>>
>>3434766
How exactly would he even try and stop the swarm of rats?
>>
>>3434771
Make the rats an ally too
>>
>>3434497
let the guy with the gun do all the work while I have an orgy with three burrs
>>
>>3434497
>10000 motherfucking rats
Why would that even be selectable it would destroy any other animal with non-stop combined damage intervals and not even eagles are going to go without getting badly scratched, it's a composite wave of shit that would overrun any pair of selectables, just put a hippo there and it's fair
>>
>>3434497
>Ten fucking thousand rats
Yeah, senpai hands down not even a decision to be made here
Ever heard of zerg rush?
>>
10000 rats and 15 wolves
The rats kill my enemies while I sit inside cuddling the wolves :3
>>
>>3434500
>Gorillas over bears
Retard
>>
>>3435548
5 gorillas would rape 3 bears easily
>>
>>3435555
Kek. No. Checked though
Also it shows 2x3 bears. No only are bears superior one for one, you get numerical superiority as ell.
>>
Rat and eagles are the god-tier choice. The hunter, unless armed with a light machine gun mounted on something heavy, will get swarmed to death and have his eyes pecked out. Nothing else can stand up to the dual onslaught.
>>
>>3434763
Bulls would fuck up the bears
I'd pick bulls + rats
>>
>>3434513
based
but also 20k rats, depending on their spawn locations
>>
The hunter and the rats since those are the hardest to circumvent
>>
File: rat.png (1.31 MB, 998x750)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB PNG
>>3434497
Rats and hawks EASY
>50 fucking hawks attacking a single gunman
>227.2 rast PER other animal

Hell once the man is pecked to death I can grab the gun and the ~45 hawks can get to work on whatever is giving the rats a hard time (maybe the gators?).
>>
>>3434512
I love wolves... but they're on the lower end tier of this list.
>>
>>3434577
>500m
it's a farmer with a shotgun, not SEAL team 6.
>>
>>3435873
using the hawks to counter the gunman is smart. they and the rats are the hardest for the gunman to beat, just by sheer numbers and small targets. hawks are useless unless you also take the rats, since there would be enough hawks to distract and potentially blind each animal but that still leaves the rat tsunami to strip your bones. the big question is would the rats hold back the bigger animals from you long enough to disable you? they can take down larger animals like chickens, but could they stop a bear before it reaches you? how much space do they have before the other animals reach you? a mile? 50 feet? will the other animals reach you all at once, or can the rats have leeway to pile onto the other animals one at a time? 227 rats sounds like a lot but that's only like 50kg of rats, a fraction of the weight of a bear. a bear migtht sustain some bites but could disable 10 rats with a swipe easy. or just by rolling.
the hawks are pretty much suicide bombers for most of these. they could take out perhaps the wolves and the man, but as soon as they go for anything else it's a bit of a diceroll if they can blind it, or if they only scratch it superficially and immediately get crumpled to the floor.
>>
what size are the crocodiles? a full grown crocodile could potentially take down any of these larger animals. surround yourself by a ring of crocodiles and they can death roll any of the other animals, even if they've lost limbs.
>>
>>3435883
Ya there're two big questions
>how blood lusted are the larger animals like the bears? Will they be at all skittish like they might be in the wild, or are they full on mama bear mode?
the other
>how efficient are the rats? are they going straight for eyes/privates/veins or are they just biting feet and shit?

I like where your head's at though, anon.
>>
>>3435887
i think we gotta assume that they're bloodlusted specifically for you and aren't going to be timid, or interested in each other. that just leaves us with the distance you have to work with (if the animals start close to you at all you're fucked no matter what you pick) and if the animals you pick will use strategy (birds just landing on larger animals backs like they do in some videos or rats just biting at feet will only piss them off and not stop them from charging and goring you immediately). i think if not the hawks then you need animals that can build a solid wall around you like the crocodiles. and that if the rats don't attack strategically then you're probably dead no matter what you pick.
>>
>>3435891
yeah i'm not sure this is a winnable scenario at all if you're getting bum rushed. if the animals come in waves, even waves of 2-3 kinds, then rats+birds or rats+crocodiles or rats+man stand an ok chance.
>>
>>3434634
>>>/pol/
>>
>>3435901
only hope is that the rats are straight up surgical with their attacks.
>>
in addition, can you fight at all or do you have to rely on defence? you can hold one crocodiles moth shut, or stand a chance of getting on top of a bull, or a decent chance at taking out the human if he doesn't shoot like a sniper, if you are allowed to actively participate.
>>
>>3434749
Rats can swim
>>
>>3434497
>Hey Jamie, I'll take five silverbacks and ten thousand chimps.
>>
>>3435902
Rent free.
>>
>>3434497
ten thousand rats is some tit ass overkill
>>
>>3434497
I feel like the rats are being overhyped. If a bear gets within sprinting distance of me it could still kill me even if there are rats clinging across its entire body. I'd want rats basically as interference and then go with 10 gators to act as close-range personal bodyguards or the dudes that go in to finish off enemies harassed by rats. Like, the rats might slow down opponents but I'm not sure they'd be able to kill the larger animals quickly enough for them to not get to me first. I need a heavy hitter for that.
>>
>>3434497
Either choose the rats because of how broken their numbers are or the crocs and place myself in a little island in the middle of a lake granted I get to at least have some cover or bulletproof gear against the hunter, the only real problem would be the eagles the rest either drown or get chomped.
>>
>>3436049
Forgot it was two, nevermind I'll choose the crocs and the hunter to cover the air and chill out watching the crocodiles do the job.
>>
>>3436049
>>3436038
i think rats and crocs is definitely best combo, especially if you can choose the terrain and direct the rats. crocodiles with you on an island would be nigh inpenetrable, but even on flat ground a ring of ten deathrolling crocs would be a decent wall. if the guy with the gun isn't a special ops sniper you might be able to stymie him just by spazzing around unpredictably.
>>
>>3434577
Say that to my living rat exoskeleton, faggot
>>
>>3434522
Just use multiple eagles and they can carry virtually any weight
>>
>>3436054
>if the guy with the gun isn't a special ops sniper
Well the picture shows a hunter so while he may not be navy seals tier sniper he probably has some aim against moving targets going for him specially if we talk about bird hunting
>>
>>3434522
the full weight of democracy!
>>
>>3434497
Where do you fight them? Where do the animals "spawn" in relation to you? Do they try to kill you despite eventual pain and against all instincts of self preservation? Do they employ startegies or do they just go straight for you? Do they know your location or do they need to scout? Do they cooperate?

Too many uncertainties to make a proper choice. If you're fighting them on open space with your two picks by your side and the others bum rushing you from a distance away you are fucked no matter what you pick. Even 20000 rats won't do jack shit if all the others are charging at you, only stopping once you are dead.
>>
>>3436168
>Where do you fight them?
de_dust but 4 times larger.
>Where do the animals "spawn" in relation to you?
See above
>Do they try to kill you despite eventual pain and against all instincts of self preservation?
Killing you is the sole purpose of their existence so yes.
>Do they employ startegies or do they just go straight for you?
As much strategy as their wild counterparts can employ.
>Do they know your location or do they need to scout?
They know your initial location but have to track you as you move.
>Do they cooperate?
Yes, although interspecies arguments and disagreements may occur.
>>
>>3435902
>He doesn't get the money python joke
Fucking summer kids I swear
>>
>>3434497
Rats and bears, I can deal with the human
>>
>>3434497
10000 rats and human
The rats will be fodder to feed to all other animals until they're too stuffed to move
Then me and the human kill all the incapacitated animals
Then we make steak out of them
Then we fuck each others' butts
>>
>>3434497
Rats and eagles. The biggest threat is a distance kill from the human, but good luck getting me with 50 screaming eagles coming your way. After that it's just a matter of letting the thousands of rats bring down the others.
>>
>>3434525
Looks like a shotgun or hunting rifle
>>
Won't the rats be too scared to attack the predators?
>>
>>3436362
not if there is 10000 of them
>>
>>3436364
Doesn't matter, rats don't have a feeling for strength in numbers
>>
>>3436362
If the animals are all coming to kill you we have to assume this works on some kind of death battle rules where everyone's instincts are overridden by their objective. Otherwise the different animals would just fall into infighting before they even reached you.
>>
>>3435902
he's quoting Monty Python, you colossal idiot.
>>
>>3436038
>entire body
>eyes and nose
>sprinting distance
If I run away in a serpentine fashion, the bear would only know my approximate location.
>>
>>3436076
lol'd
>>
>>3434497
If you don't at least pick the guy it's bang to the head and you're done for.

As for the rest, the only creature that could save you from the rats is if you're allowed to pick crocodiles and stay in the water with them. If not, humans and rats are literally the winning combination here.
>>
>>3436443
>pick humans and rats
>get fucked by 50 eagles dive-bombing you all at once
Rats and eagles are the only scenario where you get a chance. The human will be your biggest threat still but if you can survive until the eagles get to him then it's relatively smooth sailing from there.
>>
>>3434497
>no hippo
>>
>>3436520
This really and it all depends on distance. Unless you start within shooting range the eagles can divebomb the human before he can get to you. Once he's out of the way they just need to help the rats clean up. Decisive Tang victory.
>>
>>3436364
They arent a pack animal. They dont build each others confidence.
>>
>>3436557
>Decisive Tang victory

You're an idiot
>>
>>3436703
Relax, it was just a joke about the number of mice rats you'd be sacrificing to the other animals.
>>
>>3436443
>If you don't at least pick the guy it's bang to the head and you're done for.
says who?

if you start literally right next to him, sure but OP didn't say you were. Anything over a few hundred yards and you start zig-zagging, he ain't hitting SHIT.
>>
>>3436703
he's referencing a meme... what the fuck is wrong with people itt?
>>
>>3434497
The hunter and the bulls
>>
File: grizzly-paws.jpg (148 KB, 900x706)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
>>3435555
hahahaha, completely delusional. the heaviest silverback ever recorded in the wild was a mere 267kg, the average male coastal grizzly is over 400kg. Actual big male grizzlies get closer to 700kg, almost three times the weight of a basedchugging gorilla, with a 3meter reach on their hind legs and 10cm claws. it's just a slaughter, the apebois don't stand a chance
>>
>>3434497
Replace it with
>30 wolves
>1000 bloodthirsty rats
>30 eagles
>10 lions
>10 gorillas
>8 grizzly bears
>20 buffalo
>2 highly trained men with machine guns
>>
rats are OP and should be nerfed to 1k
remake the image and start the thread again
>>
>>3434497
There is no two combination that could win against all others. I pick the rats and eagles, as they would give me the most painful deaths if they were against me, and hope that the human can one shot me.
>>
>>3436076
Fucking kek
>>
>>3434577
the eagles fly me to safety
>>
>>3434497
Ummm.... I have a question, how far away is that man, and if he has a car.
>>
>>3435902
retard
>>
>>3436369
Yes they absolutely fucking do are you kidding me? Have you seen what mice swarms in Australia can do? They’re like land-based piranhas.
>>
File: 1531897992898.jpg (6 KB, 184x184)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>3435902
You're the type that doesn't believe in humor.
>>
>>3435590
So I get 150000 rats, based?
>>
>>3434618
kek
>>
Still seems like too many rats.
>>
>>3436958
Mice swarms in Australia? Even as their next neighbour, that cursed continent never ceases to amaze me with their world renown bestiary of death.
>>
>>3434497
I must choose the rats, because they are the only ones that could feasibly reach me inside my home. They would stop the other animals, and the eagles would stop the hunter.
If I got to choose a location, I'd find a place on water so the gators and hunter could easily stop all the large mammals. The rats, though.
>>
>>3434497
Guy with gun and four gorillas, easy.
>>
>>3434497
the vermins and eagles will overwelm any of the others and kill you, but if youpick them they will suck at defending, and if you don't pick the hunter you are fucked regardless
>>
>>3434497
what terrain/situation?
>>
>>3434497
while i like the idea of 10000 rats being a hivemind and being simultaneously controlled to defend a person, the realistic scenario would probably lead the rats to scatter everywhere and pussy out, maybe with some nipping and some flesh biting
the hawks and grizzly bears are going to win - the bears pretty much beat every land animal plus human, while the hawks will tear flesh and annoy the shit out of each animal by pecking their eyes
>>
>>3434497
if you don't pick the rats, you're an idiot. Nothing on this list will be able to stop 10,000 rats from swarming you and chewing you apart.
>>
>>3434497
My answer depends on what gun the man is wielding.
>>
>>3434497
Gunman+10000 rats, ez pick
>>
File: hippo-dung-life.jpg (384 KB, 2500x1875)
384 KB
384 KB JPG
>>3434497
who would win: this entire fucking thread or this dopey boy
>>
>>3436792
Retarded questions in the OP clearly draw in the most retarded people.
>>
>>3434497
I picked the rats, but at the end of the day, I'm still alive and still just completely surrounded by rats please send help
>>
>>3439174
"They will defend you" is pretty unequivocal. Rats scattering everywhere is the opposite of them defending you. If we apply your standards for natural behavior to all of the animals in this chart, the only viable pick becomes the human. Most of these animals would never dream of taking on any of the other animals listed in a wild situation.
>>
>>3436443
How the fuck is he going to hit me in my bed on the fifth floor through the blinders
Have fun trying to climb a tree while my 10000 rats kill you
>>
>>3434497
Rat pack and wolf pack
>>
>>3434577
Nah, the SHEER number of the other animals both serve as a physical barrier and will overwhelm him. I'm assuming this guy doesnt have infinite ammo either
>>
>>3435876
I feel like with a group that large they will easily take down the gunman and the other animals on this list would all be intimidated by the pack behavior/not actually work together because that's not a part of their species behavior
>>
>>3436038
An eyeless noseless bear is horrifying but wont kill you
>>
>>3434497
The way I would go about this is to take the hunter and then take a second animal based on it being to difficult for the hunter to kill. Im also working on the assumption the hunter is using a weapon capable of actually hurting these things and not like a .22 or some shit. Bear crocs bulls and gorrilia are probbably not to much of an issue. Assuming you can get to some sort of cover hawks shouldnt be a massive issue. That leaves wolves lions and fuckin 10k rats. I think you just have to take the rats. Thats way to much for a human to deal with. Like it shouldnt even be on there. So rats and hunter. Replace hunter with wolves if hunters gun is incapable of hurting the animals.
>>
>>3439577
that's the opposite of a problem
>>
>>3439759
What about 3 of them?
>>
>>3434500
10k rats are basically s tier
>>3434497
5 gorillas and the 4 lions
>>
File: rats.jpg (16 KB, 274x184)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
Threadly reminder
>>
Gorillas and eagles, easily the best bang for your buck.

The rats are scary but the eagles are the natural counter here. Each eagle can kill 200 rats without breaking a sweat. None of the other animals can really fight them off effectively either aside from the lions and wolves, but the eagles have a huge number advantage even allowing for the fact that the rats might wear down an eagle or two.

The hunter can brain any one of these things but even if he’s like aimbotting-level efficiency he probably gets overwhelmed by any one thing that numbers more than 4.

The gorillas tear the bulls, lions, and crocs limb from fucking limb. Wolves might get a gorilla if they’re lucky and focus-fire but if they presumably engage each other at full strength, 1:3 gorilla:wolf is not good for the wolves.

The grizzlies are the real problem. 3 of them to 5 gorillas is probably an even match. Gorillas have better muscle makeup and are more efficient fighters but grizzlies have a huge mass advantage. If they engage at full strength you potentially lose 3 gorillas, maybe more. Gorillas come out on top just because they can immediately go 2v1 on 2 of 3 grizzlies. But don’t forget, I still potentially have like 40 eagles because very little here is truly equipped to deal with aerial predators, let alone that many of them.
>>
File: gyarados.png (512 KB, 852x852)
512 KB
512 KB PNG
>>3434500
You talk about animals as if they were Pokemon
>>
>>3434497
I don't think you realize how many rats 10,000 is.
>>
>>3442310
Why do people think gorillas are good at fighting. They specifically live in an area where there aren't many predators. Yes, they're very muscular, but they aren't great fighters. A single big old Nile or salty would wreck the largest gorilla.
>>
>>3434522
Golden eagles are capable of tossing goats off mountains, they can’t carry them while flying but it’s still impressive
>>
>>3434513
A gunman against 50 eagles?
>>
>>3442320
Because the scenario is assuming maximum efficiency for each animal and that gives the advantage to the gorilla, whose anatomy allows for more than just charging or biting like with some of these animals.

Plus you inherently take the terrain advantage away from the crocs just by existing on land and making them come for you, half the reason one can kill a gorilla is because they get ambushed while getting a drink.
>>
I will assume that while the animals are always objective-focused, they're not all just immediately making a beeline for each other, and also that there's highly variable terrain conditions. Also, every animal is at high sentience and intelligence relative to their species.

HUNTER

I'm going to be generous here and assume that it's not simply a dude standing on an open field with a rifle because that's completely worthless. Let's say he is (1) a decent though not elite marksman (2) has reasonable fortifications, like he can move between a sniper tower and stone ramparts, (3) has a mid-grade assortment of other weaponry and gear, nothing insane (4) is generally sensible and educated, not genius-level.

ATTACK:

If you don't play defensively, this guy will fuck you up. He's just a better version of you. Fortunately if you force him to come after you, as an infiltrator he'll probably get fucked up by any one of these animals because he needs space to succeed. Overall, the threat level is fairly low if you're smart and don't hang around in the open.

DEFENSE:

If the hunter makes good use of his fortifications, he stands a great chance against the grizzlies, lions, bulls, and gators. He can even probably keep the wolves at bay in the sniper tower, but the gorillas are an issue since they can climb and there's five of them. If they all get underneath him, he's fucked. The same is true of the grizzlies, though with only 3 of them, if he gets 1 or 2 when they first appear, he stands a better chance.

The eagles are a huge problem for the hunter. If he stays covered they probably can't really get to him that effectively or at all, but taking on 50 at once while the looming threat of any other animal is there is a lot to handle.

Unfortunately the real problem here is the rats. Obviously they can't get terribly deep into the skin but after getting bitten that much, he'll go into shock. So you can't pick the hunter unless you're prepared to pick the rats too, or eagles.
>>
>>3442358

RATS

Let's just say they're roughly the size in the picture, with maybe some random variance, no huge monster sewer rats or anything. Also, let's say they don't necessarily move in a ball of 10000, although during endgame it could be feasible that they begin to congregate more. Otherwise they probably group and scatter as needed.

ATTACK:

These things will always be a threat, though they can be managed by picking the right defenders (eagles, wolves, even grizzlies can probably thrash big swaths of them) and staying away from terrain with lots of nooks and crannies that are conducive to their style, or if this island or whatever it is has wildly diverse biomes for each creature, migrating to snow/swamp.

DEFENSE:

These guys will guaranteed kill the hunter for you eventually, given enough time and patience. They may also wear down plenty of others here, even the eagles. Unfortunately they will rely on their partner animal to do most of the heavy lifting, especially in the case of an ambush on your person -- the rats are useless there. The wolves are a huge problem as they stay in packs, so it'd probably take a huge chunk of the rats to even think about taking them on all at once. Also, they are basically useless against the crocs. Anything else, they are decent Zerg backup.
>>
>>3442329
A big Nile or salty is so much larger than a big gorilla. And why automatically give the advantage to the gorilla? By your logic, of maximizing every animal, you can use your imagination to come up with any scenario that would have any animal come on top.

I guess that's the fun of the thread. Maybe I'm autistic.
>>
>>3442373

WOLVES

ATTACK:

With decent fortifications and terrain choice, you can probably render yourself inaccessible to the wolves a lot of the time since they don't climb, can't bust down heavier objects in the way like bulls/gorillas/grizzlies could, and can't jump as well as lions. However, if you need to move, these guys will be on you, and in numbers. You would probably need grizzlies, gorillas, eagles, or at least a rat distraction.

DEFENSE:

The wolves are a decent choice because they are the 3rd most numerous animal on here and are naturally pack-oriented, so they will likely be more attentive to you specifically than other animals here. They probably fuck up bulls pretty bad, have good number advantage on the grizzlies and lions, and might do OK against eagles and gorillas with decent 2nd animal backup. Overall, in a direct fight they are one of the less durable animals here and the hunter especially will give them issues, so you can't really pick another finesse animal with them.
>>
>>3434497
How much prep time do I have? Can I choose where I defend myself? I get myself two hunters, we spend a week fortifying a house on a hill with clear line of sight in every direction. The only potential problem would be eagles but lmao how can eagles be real just close the windows. The rats would be a pain. Flame weapons, acids, poisons, explosions would be the way to go, after we've spent time plugging holes (basement and first floor windows and such) with concrete. Maybe go medieval on them and keep boiling oil and water on the second floor. Also, lots of ammo.
>>
>>3442399

LIONS

ATTACK:

Probably one of the least scary options here given that there's not that many of them, they're very visible, and the right fortifications can probably keep them away from you indefinitely. Also, compared to other big cats, they're not that efficient of killers.

DEFENSE:

They are more agile than most things here, so they're probably decent against the eagles compared to a lot of these. Unfortunately others just totally fuck them up. The hunter alone can probably take out two before they even know what's happening, and even one grizzly is probably a problem for all four together.
>>
>>3434634
It isnt a question of wing speed, its a question of wieght ratios
>>
>>3442420

CROCODILES

ATTACK:

Depending on where you are, these guys can be either manageable or your worst nightmare. They rely on sneak attacks, so if you're in their home court, they could conceivably take down anything here if you and your group are careless. If they're forced to come out of their habitat, they're predictable.

DEFENSE:

If you pick the crocs, you have to stay in their zone to maximize their efficiency. They have the advantage of being impervious to rats in the water, and even out of it it's doubtful that they can even pierce their skin. Bulls are useless against them, and wolves/lions will have big problems. Eagles will likely stalemate against them. Gorillas and especially grizzlies can probably snag one eventually. Hunter is the biggest issue here and would be worth picking as a 2nd to them.
>>
>>3434497
I choose tank with eagle scouts.
>>
>>3442445

EAGLES (or, like, hawks or falcons or whatever they are)

ATTACK:

They'll be a huge problem any time you're out in the open. They'll always be there. They might not kill you in one swoop but they'll require serious attention from at least one defending animal. On the other hand, if you stay under cover, you're pretty much good.

DEFENSE:

50 of these fuckers is great, as they're susceptible to the hunter but at least you can spare a few. They are probably the best defense against the rats, and they can impair pretty much anything else here to serve them up for any other animal to kill. Also, they will probably know when danger is nearby before anything else on this list. However, since they don't really have a huge amount of outright killing power, they'll need to work with a 2nd that can finish the job.
>>
>>3442459

GORILLAS

ATTACK:

If it grabs you, you're dead. They can climb too, and follow you most/all other place you could crawl into. If you don't pick these guys, you have to basically either have 24/7 grizzly/wolf guard or stand on a peninsula surrounded by crocs, PLUS a 2nd with good synergy.

DEFENSE:

They will fuck up most things on here in a defense situation. The problems here are the eagles and the hunter. They'll no doubt grab a few eagles but will incur heavy impairment in the process. The hunter, much like with the lions, will probably be able to take out 2 to 3 before they can finally gib him. A big enough rat swarm might be a problem, but if the gorillas just lose their fucking minds they can probably at least keep them at bay. Overall, these are a top-tier choice if you choose a 2nd that covers their weaknesses, or just pair them with the weakness itself.
>>
>>3442490

GRIZZLIES

ATTACK:

Much like the gorillas, they can get you pretty much anywhere and can climb. They are way more durable than anything in this group and one may even take down the hunter starting from a distance. Fortunately, they can be somewhat sloppy attackers compared to precision killers, so that works in your favor a little bit. Also, there's "only" 3 of them. If you choose at least one of like wolves, gorillas, or gators, you stand a chance, but if you do like bulls/rats, these guys will ruin you.

DEFENSE:

If at least one of these fuckers is still breathing, you are golden at close range. A full wolf pack might be a bit much for them, but at the very least, anything that gives them trouble, they'll probably be enough of a match that you can at least get away. They will do best if they can avoid being ambushed since there's so few of them, it'd suck to lose one that way. So having an early warning system like birds or wolves would be a good pair for them.
>>
>>3442519

BULLS

ATTACK:

I'm sure it'd suck to get gored by one of these things, but they're probably the least efficient attackers of anything here. They rely on charging, so you'll be in the most danger in open space. Even if they're in a group, they're so bulky that they'd have a tough time ganging up on you. Most things on here can wear them down, probably. Wolves and lions will eat them alive. Gorillas and bears will shrug off the horn and rip a leg off. Crocs will destroy them. Eagles they'll never touch. Hunter will climb a ledge and go to town.

DEFENSE:

I don't think this is a great choice. Maybe you could make it work if you also choose the hunter and ride them into combat. Also, they're probably decent rat stompers.
>>
Where's that moron from last week that was so confident that he could take on a gorilla 1v1 UNARMED because he lifts, is into MMA, and thinks he's tall and fast?

Dude would be hilarious in this thread.
>>
>>3442580
Semi related but how tall would a gorilla be if they had human proportion legs? A 6 foot dude might think 'I am taller than a gorilla' but proportionally most of a gorilla seems equivalent to a scaled up 10+ foot bodybuilder
>>
File: ape comparison2.jpg (1.79 MB, 1600x3000)
1.79 MB
1.79 MB JPG
>>3442618
i made this out of curiosity
scaled the human so that the torso/shoulders is as good a match as i can get, then extended all their legs to match the length of the scaled up human legs. obviously not perfect since the upright stance would widen their hips and beef up their legs too, but a nice approximation. they'd also gain another good 5-10 inches easy if we were also altering their neck posture or adding a human sized cranium, so a gorilla equivalent to a 8.5 foot human would end up only 7.5 feet, so make sure you're imagining them with an extra bunch of inches for a proper sense of body scale/strength.
>>
File: andre.png (1.06 MB, 724x979)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB PNG
>>3443629
interestingly the gorilla with human proportion legs seems to have scaled up to pretty much exactly the height/proportions of andre the giant. also, the gibbon required no change at all height-wise based on its torso/shoulder proportions.
>>
>>3443632
thought that's with his human cranium and neck height, an actual human leg proportioned gorilla would come up maybe a good foot taller/wider looking at the blue human overlay
>>
File: think.png (57 KB, 500x500)
57 KB
57 KB PNG
>>3434497
Bird and rats.
Opponents number 45. Birds alone are 50.
1 bird for each of the opposing animals. They can peck out eyes or just distract them for a while. Rats help here too.
6 birds to take on the hunter. 5 birds + a bunch of rats distract, one bird grabs the gun.
Bird brings me the gun, I can kill the animals and the hunter one by one while they are distracted by my rats and birds.
Still, I only give it about a 10% of actually working, but I think it's the best out of all the options.
>>
>>3439413
he cute
>>
File: ape comparison3.jpg (530 KB, 1724x1068)
530 KB
530 KB JPG
>>3443629
for completions sake i went full planet of the apes and widened all of their hips/legs for their new posture, and gave them human craniums/necks for a more appropriate height comparison. gorilla, appropriately scaled, is now a full foot taller than andre the giant
>>
>>3443652
do gigantopithecus
>>
>>3443652
I would watch this version of planet of the apes. This is much more interesting than (and makes much more sense than) them all ending up human sized. That would need gorillas to shrink most of their body pretty significantly to keep human proportions.
>>
File: ape comparison4.jpg (675 KB, 2482x1757)
675 KB
675 KB JPG
>>3443672
this is without the neck/cranium extended so you can add at least another foot, foot and a half if you want a true human proportion height equivalent
>>
>>3443678
now THIS version of planet of the apes i would watch.
>>
>>3443678
>them white dots for eyes

This is so threatening
>>
>>3443652
So to a gorilla, fighting a human is like fighting a muscular 7 year old with abnormally long legs
>>
>>3436814
would a bear have the muscle density and agility to match? they can throw their weight around but don't seem awfully coordinated. gorillas can move and grab a lot more easily. they may not have the tenacity for it though. either way, weight doesn't account for everything, anon. height and weight are only one metric of comparison and that fact often gets lost in threads like these.
>>
>>3434497
Gorillas and rats, that hunter is fucked
>>
>>3443678
Those four dudes are extremely uncanny valley
>>
>>3434525
If it's not a 45-70 it's not gonna be enough for those bears.
>>
>>3434497
Rats and eagles. Easy
>>
Alright since its uniformly agreed on that rats are the best pick even though dividing them up equally would mean bears get a number of rats equivalent to only a fraction of their weight, so let's say the animals would have to come in waves since they can't reasonably attack all at once. How many animals from each group do you think would be the minimum that could take on 10000 rats successfully?
>>
>>3443652
this is really upsetting to look at
>>
>>3443629
We're pretty big bros
>>
>>3439413
90 humans vs 1 hippo?
I'm betting on 90 humans easy, but we need some weaponry, even basic. I don't think we could do much with our bare hands, even teeth, but rocks is enough. There will be casualties, but we can get on top of the hippo, incapacitate it, and then slowly beat it to death with rocks.
>>
>>3443629
Why i'm having nighmares from this pic.
>>
>>3434497
10000 rats and a human. Easy win.
>>
>>3434838
Rats will just go to the eyes, ears, nose, dick, asshole and eat him up from there.
>>
>>3436443
Rats can swim. Enjoy dying in a sea of rats.
>>
>>3439636
Well, any fucking animal will run in fear at the sound of 10000 rats nearby.
>>
File: tiny legs.png (1.07 MB, 1600x910)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB PNG
>>3443652
in the name of fairness here's the other side of the more equivalent comparison
>>
>>3443652
fuck, marry, kill, fight?
>>
>>3444942
objectively correct option is the order they're presented in. fuck 8 foot gorillaman, marry refined 7 foot pongoman, kill asshole chimpman, and fight gibbonman since it's only one you have a hope of surviving a fight with.
>>
>>3434521
>shoots and animal
>gets wrecked by all the other ones in the meantime
>the End
>>
>>3434577
I'll just hide and let the bears do their thing
>>
>>3434497
Assuming they work in coordination then you take rats since 10k of them will absolutely mog all the animals on the list in a fight and then the eagles to avoid having them pick you off from the air. The dude is still a threat if he's sneaky but the rats and eagles should be able to scout well enough to protect you.
>>
>>3434497
The 10000 rats. It will take a shittone of time to kill all of them
>>
Imagine the sound that many rats all squeaking at once.
Glorious.
>>
>>3434988
Are you me
>>
File: 1591846696345.jpg (110 KB, 513x513)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>>3434497
5 Gorillas (easily the most poweful of all the land based animals you gave and the most intelligent)
50 Eagles could easily fuck anything else up.

Unironically the giant rat swarm poses the biggest problem because they are useless defensively but offensively they could easily swarm past your protectors and kill you.

IT then comes to a question of what sort of terrain are you allowed to defend on and the objective is that they just have to get to you and kill you they dont have to kill all your gaurdians.

Quite frankly my best strategy would be to hide out in an attic with the 5 gorillas. Have the eagles prioty kill the man with the gun first then have them harass the other animals with impunity as they try to enter the house. If any of the bigger animals make it into the house the gorillas would pick them off one by one as they tried to enter the attic while the eagles do their best to thin the rat swarm. When the rat swarm enters the house you have the gorillas form a sheild around you and just sweep the floor really hard maybe 3 of them are protecting your in a corner while the other two are going ape shit smacking the rats and you have the two gorillas open the windows so that the eagles can fly in and attack the rats.

Im basically stating this as a scenrio where you arent allowed to use technolgy and reasonable surroundings and not something stupid like a military bunker or an airplane.

I look at it as a scenrio where you are the protect the VIP where you cant really do much and the animals have to defend you on their own.
>>
>>3434521
Film adaptation of Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2013?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCDOK3LLzhM
>>
>>3434497
With 10,000 rats you would be mostly invincible. The only thing you would need to worry about is the flight advantage of the birds of prey.
So I choose the rats and the birds. Anyone who doesn't choose at least the 10,000 rats is an idiot, as they would be guaranteeing their deaths.
>>
Gun man and six bears is the obvious combo. Bears can stomp all small animals flat and the human executes the big ones
>>
>1 leg per 5 rats
>>
File: jdj02.jpg (31 KB, 250x333)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
Also, the hunter is carrying a rifle in pic related.
>>
>>3442529
I think bulls are underrated. I've seen clips on >>>/gif/ of small/medium bulls ripping out people's intestines and tranmpling men to death at a mild trot. Sure lions and crocs would dominate them but if determined and in that quantity that would be a solid match for anything else on the list but that's just my opinion.
>>
>>3439268
If you're in the water the rats can't do shit to the 10 crocodiles.
>>
>>3441064
nice thumbnail
>>
File: 1584483480528.jpg (285 KB, 1073x1280)
285 KB
285 KB JPG
>>3434497
Real man's choice is bears and bulls. Crocs are trash on the offensive and get stomped. Wolves are dogs, dogs are fags and I will personally deal with them. We all have to tag ream the lions but we have weight and strength so no problem. Gorillas bow down before bears. The man gets gored no problem by the bull rush. Eagles are hollow boned fags and may as well fly right into my dinner pot. Rats are the issue but not insurmountable, with with will and determination it's easy to stomp, crush, bash and toss rats by the hundreds. When all is said and done chilling with bear and bull bros will be best.
>>
File: 130.png (136 KB, 512x512)
136 KB
136 KB PNG
>>3442314
Gyarados
>>
There is no winning scenario unless you pick 20000 rats. How the fuck can anything fight 10000 of those fuckers? It's a sea, they kill everyone by number and you can't prove me wrong
>>
>>3448167
I once killed a rat by accidentally walking on it. They are frail and small. Slap on a pedometer and get in your daily steps you weak bitch. Rats are a trash choice, the option of bugmen.
>>
>>3448177
>I once killed one, so I can surely handle 20000
I want you to think just how fucking retarded you sound before replying
>>
The rats are actually a bad choice for defense, but an even shittier choice to fight against. Defensively their going to die by the thousands, they might do considerable damage against a few enemies, but not enough damage to enough enemies. Fighting against them is an even worse choice as the only thing that can check them is having the eagles carry you in the air.
So my choice is eagles+hunter. Eagles to fly me away, and hunter so no one else can attack.
>>
File: 1586144626371.png (2.62 MB, 2825x3698)
2.62 MB
2.62 MB PNG
>>3448180
I was providing an anecdote that demonstrates the frailty of rats. You failed to read the rest of my post gaylord. If you don't think you could personally kill ~5000 rats can you even call yourself a man? Answer: no.
>>
>>3448197
You might have autism
>>
>>3434497
Bears and Crocs for the amphibious victory. Assuming one can choose the terrain for the battle, I’d like to post up on a flat island in the middle of a lake. Fortifications (A simple wooden tower)and traps (Punji stakes/hidden deep holes) would be on the island. Bears wait at the water’s edge and the crocs patrol the waters. I’m plinking the hunter with some bolt action roof camping. Any eagle coming my way will get shot down with aerial automatic shotgun fire. Rats will be picked off by crocs and what’s left of them will be taken care of by my bears and shotgun fire. The deep water fucks bulls, wolves, lions, and gorillas indefinitely. Amphibious Victory AF
>>
>>3435902
Bumping this shit thread to laugh at this retard.
>>
>>3435924
>chimps
Wow, we talk about knowing there are bots here all the time, but that's an intensive image recognition glitch, is there a way I can set a flag for this thread to get special attention by your programmer?
>>
File: proud parent.jpg (120 KB, 960x720)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>3435555
Quad 5s
Says 5 gorillas
I think we have to obey the numbers here, no matter what our judgement tells us.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.