[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: w2_form.jpg (108 KB, 544x706)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
My mother says I need children to get money back from my taxes. I'm not too fond of lying to the IRS and I don't really trust her. Is she right? I'm new to this taxes thing
>>
>>28198762
She just wants grandkids. Next she'll tell you children keep men from going bald. Don't get duped by the mom-jew.
>>
>>28198933
I'm 18. These aren't my returns, btw (for the jannies)
>>
What are W2s even for?
>>
>>28198762
lmao. id rather let them keep that tax money
>>
Bump
>>
you're mom's retarded because: 1) you can get audited for claiming children you don't have, or 2) it's unfathomably stupid to have kids that cost $12K/year to raise in order to get a $2K tax break
>>
>>28200184
Yeah I'll inquire this stuff with her
>>
>>28198762
No do not lie about having kids. You will get fucked and plenty of people do for this exact retard shit right here.

Why the fuck are you letting your mom do your taxes? Grow tf up.
>>
Bump
>>
>>28202694
No thats literally it. Just fucking don't retard.
>>
>>28202686
I'm 18 dude. I dont exactly have experience here...
>>
>>28202722
That's not me, but I wouldn't mind more words. Like, what is the purpose of a W2? Just to file taxes?
>>
>>28198762
tell the irs that you have 100 children and claim them all as dependents
100% legal life-hack the irs doesn't want you to know about
>>
>>28198762
She's wrong.

The IRS takes money from your paycheck each week, just to make sure it gets it. But the formula they use to decide how much to take is deliberately set high, to take more than necessary.

Unless you have major other income that doesn't have tax withheld, you almost certainly have a refund coming. Just copy the numbers from your W2 onto the simplest tax form, and you will get money back.
>>
>>28204373
I'll still get it even if I'm out of a job, right? Will I need my W2 afterwards?
>>
>>28204508
Yes. It's your money, that they've been holding from you. You get two (or more) copies of the W2, send one to the IRS with the tax form, and save one with your copy of the tax form (for a few years, just in case there's a problem)
>>
>>28204592
Do I HAVE to physically give them one of the copies, or is that only if I'm filling taxes old school (not online)?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.