[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1674202778058486.jpg (499 KB, 828x816)
499 KB
499 KB JPG
Anons, how do I motivate myself and foster better discipline? I have been a chronic procrastinator for as long as I have been alive.
I've tried breaking the cycle several times before but it keeps coming back. I make a change for a few days of the week or a week or two and then go back to laziness.
How do I do it? Where do I go, what do I look for?
>>
>>28198727
You don’t look for anything you just do it. I genuinely don’t understand why you retards make threads like this.
>my rooms a mess how do I motivate myself to clean it
Have some self respect and just do it.
>>
Just embrace it and stop caring.
>>
>>28198761
Doesn't change anything
>>
>>28199565
>doesn’t change anything
Retard
>>
>>28198761
Im glad its that easy for you anon. I wish I could feel the same.
>>
Chip it away with new habits over time. Morning exercise, cleaning, and simply enabling yourself to have motion is key. Don't beat yourself up when you relapse either. Simply get up and move, even if you're not feeling it.
>>
>>28198727
Sometimes you just have to do it. Recognize you want to be a person who gets shit done, and be that person. The catch is, you can't beat yourself up when you fail, which you will, you just need to keep at it. Guilt is a waste of energy a lot of people get trapped in, it stops them from getting back on the horse.
>>
>>28198727
Keep lists of shit you have to or want to do and slowly knock out things. Do short bursts of tasks between laziness and gradually start doing more.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.