[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1670691416789136.png (427 KB, 514x662)
427 KB
427 KB PNG
I spent my entire life completely alone. Never had a friend, never had someone I could talk to, never done any group activity. My question is this: if I ever do develop a relationship with another human being, should I hide this part of my biography or not? I don't even have to lie, I can just never mention it. I pass for a normie pretty well I think. Will another person see it as a huge red flag if I mention my loneliness? I think women especially are very repulsed by something like this, so maybe I shouldn't mention it only with them?
>>
>>28196235
>I think women especially are very repulsed by something like this

You guessed it. Not only women.
All fellow humans with half a brain will be scared of this obvious mental illness symptom.

Just fake being normal as all humans do.
>>
Scientifically, cat people are the worst people in existence. There are literal scientific studies on this that state cat people are the worst. Being into cats is a red flag for a personality disorder.

I would never help such a person. Cat people deserve only bad things in life.
>>
>>28196293
I'm not a cat person, it is just a picture I had.
>>
Say you've never had "meaningful" relationships with anyone past being acquaintances. You could even flatter the other person with this
>>
>>28196235
Yes absolutely never ever ever tell someone about this.
I did a couple product tests for a new social media app (interviewer was a woman), and she gradually realized I was a friendless weirdo due to my responses.
She looked at me like I was a disgusting insect that didn't deserve to exist.
DO NOT LET PEOPLE ON TO HOW YOU ACTUALLY LIVE
Lie if you have to, make fake accounts, become skilled at lying. If someone asks you about friends in high school, make up generic answers.
Do what you must to appear normal.
>>
>>28196293
Delusional. People who hate cats are mentally ill and probably struggle with respecting boundaries.
>>
>>28196500
Also it's weird to realize there are other people like this.
I maybe kind of had one close friend in middle school, but it was middle school so the extent of the friendship was just playing videogames.
Otherwise all through high school I simply did not make friends, and lost connection with acquaintances from middle school.
Now I'm early twenties, and don't understand how I ended up like and deeply regret my past.
I sort of just passively drifted through high school.
And in college wasn't able to change myself try as I did to put myself out there and push myself.
>>
>>28196293
People who autistically obsess over hating an animal for no good reason are not safe for children, animals and society at large, so they should probably be culled. And no "women like them" and "poo smells bad" is not a valid reason for sperging out when you see a picture of an animal.
>>
>>28196235
>if I ever do develop a relationship with another human being, should I hide this part of my biography
The truth with come out sooner or later, unless you amass a bunch of friends who don’t know each other in short timeframe (unlikely). It’s over.
>>
>>28196526
I'm also early twenties and it was similar for me. I was very self-concious and shy since early childhood, so I avoided all interactions. Then it was habitual. The habit to just be a stone wall and not talk runs very deep, it's my modus operandi, I'll have to really push myself to not be this way. I believe I'm way less shy now, but I'm no longer in an environment where I can regularly interact with others. I think I can gradually become very social if I'm in an environment where I interact with other people a lot, which is why I even made this thread, otherwise there'd be no point in asking.
>>28196590
>The truth with come out sooner or later
I really don't agree. I don't have to mention my past life and if someone asks I can always say something generic. This entire thread says not to mention my loneliness, so now I know what to do about it.
>>
>>28196235
This thread makes for terrific repfuel.
>>
>>28196670
What do you even mean?
>>
>>28196679
If you have to ask you'll never get it.
>>
>>28196509
>>28196579

Look at the cat people spazzing out, just demonstrating first hand the kind of broken psychos they are.
>>
They'll know without you telling them. You don't go decades of social isolation and come out of it without any tells. You will be off. That isn't to say people will care though, sometimes it can even be desirable. Met a few autists at work that have totally fresh takes and perspectives on things because they hadn't been pressured into a particular way by peer pressure.
>>
>>28196682
I googled and it's something tranny related, so here's my attempt at understanding: you want to be a woman, but you have always been lonely and real women don't spend their lives alone, so this realization makes you be less of a tranny. Is that correct?

>>28196690
>They'll know without you telling them.
Maybe I'll appear as someone who has slightly less social skills than average, but I'm not totally clueless. Decades of avoidance make one really good at observation and not taking unnecessary risks, so I can become more social gradually. If they notice there's something slightly off about me I don't care, nobody is perfect and they'll never guess the true extent of my isolation
>>
>>28196690
>They'll know without you telling them
In my experience they might think something is a little odd or off, but they won't necessarily know what exactly it is, and may even think you're just cool.
For example once a coworker put on a social gathering and invited me. I arrive with a couple bottles of wine, proceed to sit in a corner drinking two bottles of wine by myself while ignoring everyone else and barely saying a word.
At the end while we were all leaving, some girl starts to drunkenly talk about how cool and mysterious I seemed, despite the reality that I was just being a socially anxious sperg.
You can play it to your advantage OP
>>
File: 1310262538002.png (19 KB, 671x673)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
>>28196779
I can tell you right now that even if that girl was being sincere, you were absolutely marked as an autist for that.
>>
File: 1674630567386356.png (8 KB, 514x662)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>28196235
buy a cat and talk about furrs with womans that has the same age as you-
https://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php
>>
>>28196799
>you were absolutely marked as an autist for that.
Maybe, maybe not. She sounded perfectly sincere, like genuinely curious to know who I was.
If you ever see someone sitting alone, being uncommunicative or aloof, do you always assume they are autistic?
I look okay, dress decent, and remain composed.
>>
>>28196811
>I look okay, dress decent, and remain composed.
Like, I really think people only suspect you are a sperg if you sperg out, dress like a sperg, or look like a sperg.
And if you have a couple of those, you can be somewhat spergy on the others without being marked as a sperg.
Like if Matthew McConaughey walks into a party. That man could act as autistic as he wanted and no one would suspect him of being autistic simply due to his appearance.
>>
>>28196811
Yes, because it defeats the literal purpose of being at a party. They are either socially inept or something is wrong. Someone being "cool and mysterious" for sitting in a corner alone all night is some stupid teenager shit.
>>
>>28196235
Social skills are something that you practice. As an adult you're not going to be able to find people who you can spill your deepest darkest secrets to, they will use it against you or gossip. Join a recreational sport if that interests you. Say that your friends moved away for work, any normal working adult understands this.
>>
>>28196831
At one party I went to there was a girl barely interacting, kind of icy looking, and aloof.
Maybe a little autistic behavior, but there's no way to know that this person is autistic v.s just deciding to not engage for whatever reason.
It's contextual. Like if I see a nerdy guy in wrangler jeans sitting in a corner daintily sipping wine, I'd likely think this person could very well be autistic.
But being aloof or unsocial doesn't always lead people to assume that, like I said I think it depends on appearance and other ways the person is carrying him or herself.
>>
Why bother trying to hide it? It's just a futile waste of time, at the end of the day. They always find out, eventually. At least when you're upfront about it, the ones who stay around don't mind or like it.

Having to put on a charade of a person you aren't just to get people to spend time with you ends up being just a far more fucked up and painful type of loneliness.
>>
File: 1674630567386356.png (308 KB, 514x662)
308 KB
308 KB PNG
>>28196235
check this

https://www.uscis.gov/citizenship
https://www.usa.gov/recreation
>>
>>28196293
Today I had a dream I was fighting cats. The cats of the city had gone feral and started attacked people, and I fought them, punching and kicking

Not really related, just wanted to tell someone
>>
>>28196235
You shouldn't emotionally dump these issues on anyone unless a baseline of trust is established.
If you start a conversation with "I have no friends and never had" you're putting pressure on the other person to take care of you.

When you treat yourself with self pity, you're expecting people to pat your ass about it. So don't do it unless there's a time and a place. The time being, not at least 4 or 5 months of knowing someone and talking to them.

Don't expect acquaintances to want to understand you.
>>
>>28196293
>red flag
>worst
non sequitur
>>
bumperino

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.