[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1667781286124471.jpg (75 KB, 1286x1080)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>be me
>23 and depressed
>constantly feel like ending it all
>see psychiatrist
>get on anti-depressants
>able to cope with depression
>not really but I don't feel like killing myself
>two bottles later
>stop taking them
>feel depressed again

Shy is this? Am I gonna have to keep taking fucking pills for the rest of my life? I don't want to have to rely on them. I want to die so fucking bad right now. How do I cope?
>>
>>27787344
>someone takes blood pressure meds
>its fine
>someone takes caffeine pills
>its fine
>someone takes insulin shots
>its fine
>anon takes anti-depressants
>this is not fine, his life is controlled by meds!
I wouldn't worry so much about taking meds. A lot of people take something that makes sense for them. What is more worrying is
>not really but I don't feel like killing myself
I've heard this, you might want to talk to your doctor about switching medication, or even trying a different tactic for combating depression like therapy. A lot of anti-depressants don't work well, come with nasty side effects like weight gain that can fuck your confidence, or in your case, induce serious emotional blunting.
basically find what works for you and you'll beat depression
>>
>>27787388
Tried therapy. All the therapist did was call me crazy
>not literally but she just said that there wasn't much she could do
>>
>>27787412
finding a good therapist is hard, try someone else
>>
>>27787660
Very true. So many shitty therapists out there not worth shit, but one good one is life changing.
>>
Using medication to cope with something is okay for short term relief, but the depression will always be there if you don't get to the root of what is causing it. You can't rely on antidepressants alone to make you feel better again. Try some journaling, set goals, find some hobbies, find something to look forward to.

Something that helped me tremendously is seeking Christ. I will never again go back to the life of constant despair and anger. He can help you too.
>>
>>27787412
>she
Found your problem.

In all seriousness, you're much better off finding a male psychologist since women don't usually have a frame of reference to what men are worried/anxious/depressed about. You might find a good female therapist but just try and find a dude
>>
>>27788940
>Something that helped me tremendously is seeking Christ. I will never again go back to the life of constant despair and anger. He can help you too.
Based.
>>
>>27787344
Your brain becomes addicted to them. I'd get migraines and, like you, sad. Break the addiction ASAP before those drugs fry your brain.
In regards to permanently fixing your depression, change your lifestyle. It's likely terrible along with 90% of people. Fix your circadian rhythm, eat healthy, and workout. Beyond your physical state is your mental. Do you have hobbies? Do you live for anyone? For anything? Find something to live for.
>>
>>27787344
>able to cope with depression
>not really but
Same and that's ok. They are just not the miracles that Pharma promised, they do something a bit.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.