[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 20221124_185753.jpg (928 KB, 2256x3008)
928 KB
928 KB JPG
I'm average/slightly under average in face. Good body. But I cover it up by dressing like a hobo. Always in walking shoes, and layers of really ugly clothes. Pic rel.

I'm a recluse, never had a bf but really want one. Do I need to change how I dress?
>>
Yes. That outfit is not flattering.
>>
>>27785602
I like that kind of style. I would consider asking you out if you made it painfully obvious you were interested in me, but you wouldn’t because women don’t express interest in me.
>>
>>27785602
>Good body. But I cover it up by dressing like a hobo.
Ok why?
>>
>>27785602
So you want to attract a guy but you go out of your way to look as unattractive as possible, female logic strikes again.
>>
>>27785602
this nigga got her clothes from the garbage dump
>>
>>27785602
If you dress up to show off more of your body you'll get more male attention but the majority will be dudes who only want to fuck
If your goal is to get a bf then it's better to be more social to meet more men until you find one that you bond with who likes you in a similar way
>>
>>27785602
Good men like modest women.
Most men (mostly of bad quality) want to have sex with promiscuous women.

Your pic is unattractive but modest. I would suggest finding a middle way.
I would stay away from cleavage and leggings, but get a bit more style
>>
File: 1664227055099492.jpg (76 KB, 687x369)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>27785602

>Do I need to change how I dress?

What the hell do you think? Of course you do. You want to attract a man you display yourself as available with fashionable outfits, makeup, and tastefully revealing clothing. I don't care what scial justice warriors say. Appearances are everything in the world, and you usually get only one first impression. If you think dressing like a ragamuffin is going to get you a man, you are sorely mistaken. Try reading a fashion magazine and seeing what is trending or go to the mall for fucks sake.

>I'm average/slightly under average in face. Good body.

Doesn't matter. Literally does not matter. Women run the dating game and men are the ones who chase and pursue. A chubby girl who takes care of herself and has nice clothes and a nice personality will get laid plenty.

>>27785613
Downtown has plenty of these types of women. They are called Fentanyl zombies.
>>
>>27785602
its fine but you need to learn how to layer clothes/fabric, color blocking, etc basic /fa shit you do not need to compromise and dress like a whore to gain male attention what you can do is learn how to dress better in your current style of clothing
>>
>>27785661
You can be modest and dress well, just don't expect to fuck Chad. Regular, hard working men will try to fancy you. Please don't shut them down because it doesn't play into your fantasies. Promiscuous attractive men would rather go after cardiobunnies
>>
>>27785602
I don't think you need to change how you dress, men are notorious for throwing themselves at anything that moves, if you want more attention you could dress in a way that is more revealing, alternatively you could let a guy know that you like him, and I don't be magically wishing him to know you like him I mean actually saying "I like you and am interested in dating"
>>
>>27785602
I think it looks cool honestly. I took a literature class this semester and a lot of girls dress like this there. I would just be more careful choosing colors and textures/etc. Also how do you dress in summer?
>>
File: 20221121_152927.jpg (385 KB, 1003x1739)
385 KB
385 KB JPG
Thanks guys, I appreciate the honesty. OP pic was one of my worst days, granted. But I do still dress like that most days. Here's my last outfit, one where I tried a bit. I'll probably switch back to my walking shoes though.

>>27785623
Being reclusive, I think my dress sense tends to subconciously reflect that.

>>27785661
>I would suggest finding a middle way.
Understood.
>>
>>27785602
>Do I need to change how I dress?
If you want to look more presentable, yes.
You DON'T need to wear skimpy and revealing clothing, but you'd benefit a lot by wearing ELEGANT clothing instead.

Pic related is someone I love very much, and I believe she dresses very well regardless of occasion or season.

Notice that even on spring/summer pics (the ones with orange clothes) she doesn't wear cleavage, and even if she likes to show off a bit of her gym toned thighs she does so in a way that isn't overtly provocative.

Your pic related, for example, seems to be a perfect occasion/season to wear something like my pic related bottom left.
>>
>>27785806
>Being reclusive,
Are you a virgin? How many previous partners?
>>
>>27785806
That's a cute outfit. Where are you located?
>>
>taking fashion advice from men whose only "concept" of fashion is slutty
all the retards here would lose their shit if you were a cute Asian girl dressed like that.
>>
>>27785806
This outfit is perfectly acceptable. It's not about wearing something skimpy or slutty but don't look like a grandmother/hobo like in >>27785602

>>27785842
If the advice is "lose clothes" it's kinda shitty advice, you can make heavy outerwear and light outerwear look good
>>
>>27785842
?
See >>27785823
>>
>>27785842
Kill yourself you projecting little faggot
>>
>>27785842
>advice from men whose only "concept" of fashion is slutty
The fuck? There's plenty of men tell OP the exact opposite
>>
File: woj.png (345 KB, 512x512)
345 KB
345 KB PNG
you look fine to me
>>
>>27785806
>>I would suggest finding a middle way.
>Understood.
Me again. I absolutely love the pic you posted. It's not just good, it's great
>>
File: smr.jpg (381 KB, 905x1747)
381 KB
381 KB JPG
>>27785888
Thanks, it really doesn't feel like me though. Guess I just have to get used to it.

>>27785737
>Also how do you dress in summer?
Like picrel.
>>
>>27785967
what the fuck
>>
>>27785967
Harry Potter aesthetic looking ass
>>
>>27785967
hippie shit. I don't strongly dislike it
I'd date a girl who wears something similar but get better shoes
>>
File: 200px-Homer's_Muumuu.png (103 KB, 200x325)
103 KB
103 KB PNG
>>27785806
this outfit's great
>>27785967
This reminds me of Homer wearing a muumuu. Would fit if you're pale and have straight black hair and you remove the wrinkles.
>>
>>27785806
Like you've heard from most anons, this outfit is good. Were you in the FA thread a while ago with the roadmen style ? Definitely more reserved but if that's what you like its good.
>>
>>27785831
Op hasn't answered, interesting
>>
>>27786619
Roadman style? Uh, most definitely not.

What about these obnoxious shoes? I've had a people physically cringe at them before. I don't
>>
>>27786857
Ah crap, forgot to attach. Ignore the jacket, it's my waterproof.
>>
>>27785602
>never had a bf but really want one.
You get what you put into something, if you really want a boyfriend then start dressing nicely and putting yourself out there.
>>
>>27786840
I think OP is a slut who wants to give off the impression she's modest in order to deceive naive dudes.
Many such cases.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.