[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I’m 18 today. I won’t lie, I’ve lurked on this site since I was younger but I’ve refrained from posting until now.
Spending my 18th alone made me realise just how hopeless I am. Everyone else I knew, despite any issue they may have, have a social circle, go out and do things and have hope for their future, as well as memories of past years spent doing the same thing. I don’t have any of that, and I’ll continue to waste my life at this rate.

I don’t know what to do with my life. I don’t have any friends and am incapable of connecting with others; I’m not on the spectrum but I’ve been isolated most of my life and grew up in a pretty bad household (my mum actually took me to a therapist when I was 15 and I got diagnosed with PTSD, but I’m still on the therapy waiting list), and I view others as so alien now there’s no hope, I think my misanthropy and social isolation have gone past the point of no return. I have no career path/anything I want to do, and I have no hobbies anymore. Most days I eat, sleep and repeat. My body is collapsing from years of rejecting eating out of hatred for myself, and most days I’m so exhausted from something as simple as walking for a little while that I collapse onto my bed as soon as I get home.

I don’t know what to do. This should be a fresh start, but I’ve never felt so hopeless. I know I shouldn’t but I resent normal ‘happy’ people and know that I’ll never be able to join them, even if I had incentive to get better my quirks are too built into me now and I can’t see a life other than this for me.
Sorry for sounding like such a whiny bitch, I’m just really miserable. I wish I could’ve turned out differently, but I don’t think there’s anything I could’ve changed. Younger me honestly tried to make some sort of connection with others or find something I liked, and even then I still failed. Suicide is something I actually wanted to go through with today, but I’m a wimp and couldn’t bring myself to do it.
>>
>>27779179
just live for sex and booze
>>
>>27779394
I’m a virgin and I’ve never drunk before. I don’t really like the taste and it’s more of a social thing.
>>
>>27779410
find a partner who fulfills your everyday and dont let them go
also drinking is not about taste its about getting drunk to cope
>>
>>27779179
No offense anon but 18 is still the start of your life. The real fresh start is not getting reborn, but when you actually change, and change is really hard. You need to rebuild your social skills and a whole lot more by saying yes to things that stress you out, and to purposefully put yourself in social situations with others. Being 18, you have a lot of opportunities. Join a hobby, class, sport, whatever that will make you connect with others, use your connections to go to parties, holidays and events, and the more you do it, the easier it gets. Also, while I'm not a heavy drinker but getting drunk really does help you socialize and worry less, in a party setting. Weed is alright too, but more of a closed friend group thing. You'll probably just stop speaking and start worrying in a party setting.
>>
>>27779410
>I don’t really like the taste
have you tried Malibu and pineapple juice
>>
I'll also say that "wasting life" is a huge meme. People switch industries all the time, is their past industry a waste? Yeah, they spent money and time learning something they won't use. But it doesn't matter because everyone's life is filled with things tried that didn't work
>>
focus on getting out of your parents house by now. it will work out slowly, but the first step should be that. independence is a beginning to a good future, because you will live for yourself and yourself only, maybe if you want some pussy you will get it, but at your own time.
>>
You got the wake up call at 18. You're already ahead of the curve. Good luck Anon
>>
>>27779439
My social skills are ‘fine’, I’m a little awkward because I don’t know if something I’ll say will get me hit (even if I know it’s nothing wrong) but I can hold conversation and have good body language. It’s more that I feel so different to my peers both from arrogance used to cope and years of isolation that I don’t think I can anymore. Parties probably would be fun but I’m too conceited in my ‘superiority’ to even consider going to one.
>>27779447
I only drink water. If I had to choose. I don’t mind Kopparberg.
>>27779449
That’s true, but those people always have an endgoal, or at the very least those ‘wasted’ years were at least filled with something other than reliving the same empty day over again. I wouldn’t even care if nothing worked out, but I wish there was something that filled my ‘wasted’ days or something that could make me want to live, even if I fail.
>>27780072
I don’t really see a point since nothing interests me much, but thanks.
>>27780160
Got the wake-up call when I was 16, I just didn’t know what I wanted to do with my life so I mulled over it for years and I’m still here. Thanks though.
>>
bump
>>
>>27781043
>>
>>27779179
You’re fine dude. We all get lonely. Very. One. Of. Us.

You’re only 18 you have your whole life ahead of you

Your loneliness makes all of your other symptoms appear.

You’re my brother and I love you. You just need to find someone
>>
>>27783138
thank you anon
>>
>>27779179
>>
>>27784626
>>
>>27785600
>>
lmao dude I felt the same at 18, you’re so young and so salvageable you should screencap your post so you can cringe at it when you’re 30.
>>
>>27787185
thank you anon but i’m so scared, i know that i am a borderline psychopath at this point with how detached i am from others and i know that there’s nothing i want from my life, it feels like living past your expiry date

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.