[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

My brother always antagonized me, he is my mother's favorite child and my fathers golden child. Tall, athletic, charismatic, popular. Womanizer. He was good at sports and always had high gades.

Meanwhile as an ugly manlet i was ignored and despised. Never had many chances and despite being the older child i was never given my place as the firstborn son.

He became a politician in our insignificant city meanwhile i became a middle class blue collar worker.

Yesterday was my parents aniversariy party and many family members were there. Him, me and my sister assisted.

At some point my brother made some remarks about that his daughter outfit was expensive and only her shoes were more expensive than my son entire wardrobe so he was going to buy him some new clothes during his next trip to Europe next winter.

Look, he always say shit like things, he thinks of it as being "playful" but this time he went too fair. My kid is off limits. So i said something back.

"Your daughter has an OnlyFans, mine has two parents"

Inmediatly everyone stayed quiet, probably becauae the voice tone i used but he left afterwards. My parents party ended shortly after.

He is divorced, as a womanizer was a serial cheater and his wife dumped him. And he always focused in his career as a politician so he neglected his daughter.

Im the bad guy here? He started. But now my parents won't talk to me. My entire family side with him. Even my wife said i overreacted.
>>
>Im the bad guy here?
Yes you let your emotions take over you, just call your son and tell her to say what clothes he wants, nothing bad, my two parents always were the black sheep of its own family, i got more clothes and shit from grandpas and uncles, it was cool for me and i never though bad about my parents not being able to do the same for me.
>>
>>27364712
Nah, you gotta learn to set up a place of control for yourself where you don't care what other people think of you. That way you can make decisions and say things righteously. Don't apologize, but don't act dependent on them liking you. Just keep doing your thing like nothing ever happened and call them every once in a while to "catch up". If they bring it up, acknowledge only the physical facts, not your or his emotions, and then move on quickly. This will drive them nuts and they will have to sit in their own seething while you casually ignore it.
>>
You were right in calling him out on that shit. It show the horrible decisions he's made and how you are more in control of your life.
I'm sure you family will never stop changing.
Unless you really need them for something, cut them out of your life.
>>
>>27364712
He deserves the insult but you're also insulting his kid in the process and I don't think she needed to be brought into it. I would specifically apologize for insulting the kid, don't mention him at all.
>>
>>27365875
Also to your wife, explain you can understand how it would seem like an overreaction but you've had to put up with that shit your whole life and you're not gonna do it anymore, you're not just reacting to that one incident, it's all his bullshit.
>>
>>27364712
Well, you proved to your family they were right in their assumptions about you. Immature response because you are insecure. I will give you the straight to the point advice that you are looking for but is your choice to actually do it or not. Grow up, apologize, and work hard to make *yourself* proud of *your* life. Then they will be proud. But you realize then that they didn't really matter; you matter. Them accepting you is the bonus cheque. The solution to your problem just also so happens to be the solution to your other problems. Get rid of your external locus of control. Good luck anon, I can tell you have it in you.
>>
>>27365944
He should just skip to realizing that they don't matter. If they don't approve of him despite being a good parent to his kids then that's their problem.
>>
You people should stop replying to such obvious reddit reposts, it's not like OP is ever gonna reply
God this board has become a cesspit
>>
For some reason we think we are tied to our families forever. Your a big boy.
Live your own life. Show your kids how it’s done
>>
>>27365836
>>27365875
His daughter is an arrogant brat, she deserved it
>>27365909
She doesn't care about how i feel, she never cares
>>27365944
You wouldn't understand how i feel because you wouldn't understand how it feels being antagonized for entire decades
>>
>>27367445
Are you a character in some boring comedy drama with Steve Carrell that gets mild/low reviews
>>
So OP's older bro is basically this guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE8IE8UGGiI
>>
>>27367518
younger bro rather but I think that fits even better
>>
Slight overreaction on your part, and commenting on his daughter's OF could come across as creepy (did she mention having one, or did you look her up?), but your brother was no better for disrespecting you, your wife, and your son with his degrading remarks. You'd think your wife would be more offended by his remarks than yours given she probably bought your son many of his clothes.
>>
>>27365242
>"Your daughter has an OnlyFans, mine has two parents"
how would you know your niece has an onlyfans.
second of all, why would you hate your niece to embarass her like that.
third of all, local politicians dont make that much money. even the president of the united states only makes 400k. i would assume most mayors only make a max of 100k

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.