[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: its over.png (592 KB, 1009x6647)
592 KB
592 KB PNG
please help...
>>
Shan't be reading
>>
>>27361442
You're not broken enough if you're still asking for help! :^)
>>
>>27361451
Maybe it's better if you don't
>>27361465
I don't want to kill myself, I want to believe there's a way out, but if what's written there is true then I don't know what to do
>>
>>27361442
I skimmed it and I think I get the gist.
OP, is that wall of text really a surprise? Did you think people empathized with the problem, when they probably caused the problem in the first place through bullying, abuse, etc? Of course not.

My advice is that you are not cattle. You're a human man. You can break systems with your force of will. The system is set up to make you a loser so that other people can be winners in comparison.
But you don't have to cooperate. You can try to break it, and flip the script, by being successful.
>>
>>27361509
The things is that he says no matter how much you "improve" yourself you'll never have the social/romantic connection you're looking for if you don't have friends in the first place, you need friends to make friends, just like you need money to make money.
I don't want to be alone forever
>>
>>27361442
Not reading this shit but the first line tells me its some blackpill faggotry. Ya you might be Autistic or a tranny or whatever other forms of retardation you can think of but you aren't entitled to other peoples time and connection. Learn to be likeable and find the right people.
>>
fuck sake this shit is too long. firstly, I haven't been invited to a party since elementary school. who fucking cares. secondly pretty sure sports people undergo strenuous training and work their asses off compared to office wagies. and I fucking hate watching sports and would love if the entire industry didn't exist. thirdly I never suggest to do ridiculous public antics like talk to strangers. I always suggest to find interaction through volunteering, school clubs, work, projects. is it really that hard to sign up for volunteering? are you going to find eternal shame haunting you through joining the school band? fourthly, tldr the rest. will read later.
>>
fourthly, that Houston to Orleans example is just complete bullshit, what idiot would spend a 5 hour trip to meet some random stranger? at most if it's an internet date and trust was built I'd travel max 30 minutes ie still in my local vicinity with places I'm familiar with. next, a drunk driver crashing into your car is an event independent of whether you're a normie or a freak, a drunk driver can crash into anybody's fucking car, that's completely up to chance. if they crashed into a normie, the result would be the same, send their car into repairs and pay money and call up insurance or whatever. a friend wouldn't be able to help in this situation, other than maybe pick you up, which is trivial since you can just catch a bus or uber anyway. a hobo stabbing you is also an event independent of being a normie or a freak, unless you think lookism comes into play. either way, a hobo stabbing you is an event of very low probability unless you live in an utter shithole, and if you do you then again being a normie or freak doesn't change shit because the issue is the shithole not your normie status.
also, >success is a journey not a destination
who the fuck says that shit anyway? sounds like a completely meaningless platitude with zero real world connotation
>>
fifth, so the main issue this poster has is that he has no friends and no bitches. well seriously, friends and bitches are fucking overrated. personally I don't even bother spending time on either of these because I couldn't give less of a shit about other people. I'd rather pursue my own interests than get bogged down by others and their boring interests. the issue isn't the friends or bitches, it's the lack of self respect or backbone, causing this poster to severely overvalue friends and bitches. I guess it's not easy to convince others that friends and bitches are nothing to cry about, so I won't bother. just a note that this poster's reality is not the only reality there is.
>>
>>27361442
Pic related, the advice being presented is low quality.
>>
>>27361442
You accept it and learn to live on your own. Excersise helps.
>>
>>27361442
Didn't read
Mindset is a choice
Emotions are a habit
Depression is a skill issue
Shitters get trashcanned
>>
>>27361594
1. Have self esteem by default so you don't do cringe needy retard shit
2. Talk to people and act like you're socially successful until it becomes real
3. If you're sad when people don't like you, you skipped step 1 moron. Go do step 1.
>>
>>27361936
Based
>>
>>27361451
>>27361509
>>27361709
>>27361738
>>27362288
all low attention span
>>
Kill yourself or stop complaining fren there is nothing tying you to this world. You are not the only person in 3000 years of humanity who has felt helpless. I will give you more specific advice, read philisophy. Start with Epictetus. If you are serious about no longer being sad you will find a pdf yourself but I can give you one if you reply to this.
>>
>>27362366
Sorry bro, your shit isn’t worth reading. It’s just a mentally ill person projecting his fears and trying to spread it to others.
>>
>>27362566
im not op, I've read the that thing before months ago, its like only 4 mins read
>>
>>27362288
Too based for this forsaken world
>>
>>27361442
The reality of course is that the line between "normie" and "autist" simply cannot be crossed. Nobody has ever cured themselves of being a fucking weirdo, so normies have nothing of substance to say to you.
It's why all the dating advice for men is like "take a shower" and "get a haircut" - nobody has ever actually crossed that line in real life.
No amount of self help or life coaching or whatever other money sinks retards are engaging with will change this. Accept this and live a life of celibacy.
>>
>>27362366
They think just because they were able to make it that everyone will make it and if they don't it's because you haven't tried hard enough. You need to try to the point of dying to make these cretins understand that not everyone can be saved.
>>
I had childhood trauma related to having terrible parents. It fucked me up. I went from straight A student in 6th grade to failing highhschool and becoming NEET for all my 20s.

I truly despise my parents and the worse part is seeing everyone treat it as me being spoiled.
"Take a shower", "get a haircut", etc.
It's literally adding insult to injury. It's gross
But the worst part is seeing luckier people than me living life. That is what's gonna get me an hero sooner or later
>>
>>27362684
I think what makes me feel worse is people that are able to function normally went through worse traumas than me but are still able to live life. It makes me feel even worse about myself and frustrated with myself knowing I'm not strong or smart enough to change like they did. I don't know anymore, I just hate myself with a passion.
>>
>>27361442

It's mostly bullshit. If you try to be a good person, you work hard, relax, and keep an open mind -- you'll make friends. Working is key, everyone who's been dealt a shit hand has to work too much for a living, so living with your mum isn't going to allow you to flourish. People really aren't that complicated, you could walk into a dive and announce to everyone "I don't have any friends and have found it very difficult to make friends". You'll make friends that night, because everyone is afraid of being left alone.

A painful childhood and young adulthood is probably the best thing that could ever happen to you. And women fuck dogs, if you're worried about getting laid you're overthinking it.
>>
>>27362697
because you can bounce back if you have good guardians and a positive outlook passed on to you by them. this is how you get out of depression and motivate yourself to get up everyday. I never had this. as a 30-year-old having to think that way, it's like turning a ship 180º while it's stopped, yea that's gonna happen

a bad event isn't necessarily a traumatic event, so you can't just rank it like that. I know a guy whose dad died. My dad also died. He is completely functional and I'm a mess. This is because people supported him even after his dad's death. so there was no aimlessness in his mind, just acceptance
>>
>>27361442
Unironically for personal improvement is better to be alone than seek the company of selfdefeatist losers.
If you have to be alone in your room, read useful material instead of shit reinforcing your sense of doom.
The experience of others who made it it's actually useful.
Good luck.
>>
>>27362759
>A painful childhood and young adulthood is probably the best thing that could ever happen to you.
Elaborate
>>
>>27362761
I don't know, I see people who were raped or beaten as kids and they seem to get something together and live good lives. I just had terrible drunk parents with a household full of domestic violence. I'm missing something
>>
>>27361936
based mature anon. i wish more people realised this early on in life.
>>
>>27361936
I used to believe this but it's not true. It's not healthy at all for a person to be isolated. You need some kind of social connection in your life. It doesn't have to be just with a woman, but not having any kind of social relationships in your life will be detrimental to your mental and physical health
>>
>>27362799
Like I said, you can't rank that stuff like a video game ranking. There's stuff that happens around those traumatic events that define you going forward. You simply lacked direction, no one was there to give it to you. It's that simple.
>>
>>27361442
Tbh I think a lot of that is what caused me a lot of dispair in the past. You know it's always superficial. Like people who promote mental health awareness shit around this time of the year but then have no problems ostracising others when it's convenient.

Covid should have made that very apparent. Look how they used terms like antivaxxer, and how divisive they got towards people who didn't think "normal"
>>
>>27362817
there are other ways to get that social connection without having to give up all your time to "full time" friends or women
>>
>>27362827
I hope you don't mean 4chan
>>
>>27362779

If you have a great childhood and your parents weren't idiots... there's really nothing to motivate you to think about life or anything. Fall in line, get the vaccine, look down on others, why not? If your life was peachy from the get go, you can't appreciate the effort that goes into making a peachy life.

When I went to elementary school, around 4th grade the schools were directed to place the top 5% of students by test performance in 'genius programs' ie. GATE/LEAP/etc. They taught those students about judicial systems and engineering, instilled in their minds that they must be engineers or better, otherwise they were failures. The suicide rate of 'genius program' graduates is too high and almost none of us left are engineers.
>>
>>27362840
LOL fuck no. this place is toxic as fuck. You need to interact with people in real life.
>>
>>27362827
People with fulfilling, deeper relationships will still be at more of an advantage than those who don't have them
>>
>>27362845
I think that's foolish. The negatives outweigh any "positives". And it's foolish to think those who don't have good upbringings couldn't have those same beliefs
>>
>>27362845
you know this makes no sense and sounds cope-y as fuck right?
great childhood, great parents, shitier human sure, but still happier human, because ignorance is bliss
where's the downside?
and making a 'peachy life' is exactly what you struggle to do if you're filled with traumas and were poorly raised
>>
>>27362845
Does your breathe smell like mountain dew?
>>
>>27362574
alright speedy pants, if you count the words- around 6000, after ocr'ing it. average reading speed is around 250 but let's say you max out to 500. 6000/500 = 12. yeah, 4 minutes my ass. I will say I stopped reading thoroughly at some midpoint since the complaints started to get repetitive and lacked specificity
>>
>>27362817
I agree, there is value. but it's not the same value as this unhinged r9k anon deludedly believes, thinking everything is about sex and segregating people into 2 rigid categories
>>
File: dude.jpg (198 KB, 1770x990)
198 KB
198 KB JPG
>>27361442
If you're autistic or just plain weird in some fundamental way, you should completely stop caring about turbonormalfags and their opinions. Instead, admit that you are an eccentric and craft a big personality for yourself based around that. You just have to get base-level adulting down well enough that you clearly aren't close to having any financial problems. Very easy as long as you aren't a consoomer. Then just be like IDGAF if people question your life choices. Most of the time they won't, because they already know that you're just going to be like "IDGAF, I'm fine" and they'll just leave you alone. Which is great, fewer normalfags to deal with.

Always be kind by default, but also unapologetically weird and a little unhinged. You want people to see you as the kind of person who would throw a rock through their window if they intentionally fucked you over in a big way, but not the kind of person who picks fights or insults people for no reason. Subtly let narcissists and passive aggressives know that you see through their facade. Don't complain about things often, and don't be afraid to point out some of the obvious facts of life that other people are too afraid to.

There are plenty of people out there who find free spirits alluring. I'd even say that half of people are more or less fine with me, including many people who live a different lifestyle from my own. I'm a 30s sperg who stims constantly, and was headed down a similar path to what is described in OP's pic. But I turned things around once I let go of my preoccupation with normalfag society and just committed to being an eccentric hippy. Take responsibility and own your weirdness.
>>
someone really wrote all that
>>
>>27361442
>Projecting&externalizingshame.jpg
Both external and internal factors have an impact in determining who fulfills the social role of 'losers' and 'winners'.
If your social or familiar circumstances have had a toll on your upbringing, ask for psychological or social aid. Nonetheless, you can and will find a path to better your life through applying changes in your immediate circle of decisions and action.
Defeatist attitudes definitenly won't change any of those.
>>
>>27361594
Money and friends can be made through time, sacrifice and dedication.
If you're só utterly fucked that you have both at literally 0 all that's left for you is to keep trying time and time again.
Most likely you don't want to look at your current situation with a sincere vision and find confort in assuming defeat and failure are both unavoidable and caused solely by external factors.
>>
>>27362576
Yes they have, you idiot. In fact, in the past autists existed too. But faced with a challenging life, compulsory religion and no entertainment, they pull through and can function just fine.

Autism is a problem of competence, nothing else. Certain people, when sheltered, break completely. That’s what autism is.

The only reason you never see anyone cross that line, is because you never see anyone truly leave their comfort.
>>
>>27361442
Only read the first post because it's just the standard loser incel cope. Normies don't care about your pathetic problems because they have their own problems. Except their problems are stuff like paying mortgages, keeping their jobs, being happy with their romantic partners. These may not sound like problems to an underdeveloped puberty brained faggot like you but to normies they are.

They don't care or want to help you because they see that you aren't even putting in the effort to change, when every day in their lives they work to improve. You're dead weight to them because that's also how you see yourself. You're biologically at the bottom of the chain. Weak. And as biological creatures our brains are wired to filter you out. THAT's the reality. It's up to YOU to become a better person. Yes, some normies have had it better than others, but if you think that there aren't normies that were bullied or ostracized when they were young then you're delusional. The main difference between mature people and immature people is that mature people take fucking responsibility. They make a mistake, learn from it and move on to the next. /r9k/ niggers just fucking sit and rot in their disgusting mess and blame society for it. Might as well kill yourself unironically.

And this is coming from someone who didn't have it easy growing up. Became a depressed NEET right out of high school. Eventually I CHOSE to do things differently. I CHOSE to go to college. I CHOSE to take more risks, no matter the outcome. I CHOSE to go out into the world and find my spot.
>>
>>27362576
Are you and OP (assuming you're separate people) in a race to the bottom to see who can pull out the biggest demoralizer/cope post?
Fuck off to r9k.
>>
>>27363722
>it's just another "NEET" validating his decisions to get out of his "NEETdom"
Unironically kill yourself
>>
>>27363442
Based post.
>>
>>27363749
>it's another incel that thinks the world owes him anything
Life sucks and the only one that can make it better is you. Making excuses for everything you lack is a weakness reserved for children. I'm fine where I am, if you hate the world so much remove yourself from it, faggot.
>>
>>27363766
I don't think this life or world owes me anything, but I also don't feel the need to validate my belief by blogposting about how I did X and Zed and how W is wrong. Again, kill yourself.
>>
>>27363789
He's trying to tell YOU how to fix YOUR pathetic life you insufferable faggot.
His heart is in the right place, but his effort is misplaced. Me? I'd rather just tell you to kys and be done with it.
Hope you enjoyed THAT blogpost.
>>
>>27363789
I'm giving an opinion on this destined-to-fail mindset based on my own experience and the experiences of people around me. I see plenty of people throwing their lives away because they don't make the decisions they need or even want to take for no reason other than "ooh but it's so hard" or "oooh but what if I fail". They lack the strength a human needs to function, and that strength is something they can always grow yet they choose not to. Loser mindset.
>>
>>27363816
While I agree that there's a need for mental fortitude to make choices and that's something those people lack. I don't agree with your approach. As OP's pic implies something as easy as choosing to talk to somebody or go to a party and be socially active may seem to you, or rather difficult but duable. For those people those things are literally too alien to them. So much so that they would rather find a way to painlessly commit suicide than to try socializing. I find this to be sad and don't know how to empathize and be sympathetic towards those individuals without further radicalizing or hurting them. And found that blogposts such as the ones of yours only help those individuals to make harsher choices that they wouldn't make had they not read such posts or misinterpreted it.

>>27363810
Kill yourself.
>>
File: 1649550924392.gif (1.92 MB, 240x135)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB GIF
>>27361442
If some wall of text made you give up on life you are not worthy of being saved, nor can you be. Beta mindset NGMI
>>
>>27363841
Yeah I can see that, but I've spent enough time on /r9k/ reading first hand how these people handle the advice given to them. Which is why my response to these sad posts are so volatile. They often make assumptions on how easy it must be for everyone not in their circle and when you tell them that it actually never really gets easy and they have to take responsibility they just close their eyes and scream. Yes it is sad that they struggle with anxiety and ostracization. There are still always things they can do. Go to a doctor. Therapist. Literally anything. Spend some time on /r9k/ and realize that these people really are extremely immature and beyond helping. They're like the homeless people begging for money outside grocery stores where if you come back out with a loaf of bread or water for them they will throw it at your head and tell you to fuck off.
>>
>>27363841
>For those people those things are literally too alien to them.
Guess what? Those people can't be helped then.
>>
>>27361936
>>27361947
>>27362288
>>27362766
>>27363442
>>27363467
>>27363478
>>27363564
>>27363722
OP here, thanks for taking the time to reply, I'm feeling a bit better now, I did start making plans on getting better and taking action(I have severe social anxiety and depression) but I'm still kind of vulnerable and this text just threw me off balance and I fell into a depressive spiral feeling that whatever change I had commited to make was worthless, your posts helped me get back on track, I'm not feeling perfect rn but I know you should strive to do what you need to do regardless of how you feel, I'll try my best. Thank you for keeping me sane.
Sorry for the blogpost.
>>
>>27364055
You'll be fine dude. Keep your head up as high as you can. Be proud of your accomplishments no matter how small it may seem to other people. Comparing yourself to others is a mind-killer and take the time to reflect on your life, the bad parts and the good parts. Mistakes are there to be made and the second time always goes better than the first.
>>
>>27361442
Almost all this stuff isn’t true. I got up to the part where he’s saying working out and getting a job is easy for “normals,” but not for people like him. He says that normals go to the gym no problem without having to work through insecurities like him, but that just shows how self-obsessed he is. The people who go to the gym the most are in fact, the most insecure.

He also says getting a job is impossible with no social connections and that getting one online is impossible. Sounds like someone who’s never tried. I’m 25 and have been working since 18. Every single job I’ve gotten has been online.

This guy has an excuse for everything. He’ll go to the end of his days thinking that he’s just been dealt a shit hand and there was nothing he can do about it. That’s complete bullshit though. He wants it to be futile to self-improve because then he doesn’t have to actually do it. If he admits it’s possible, he has to give up doing nothing all day and stewing in his sadness. Read that wall of text again when you’re not in your feelings and you’ll start seeing the cracks in his logic.
>>
>>27361442
no one's reading all of that. kys
>>
Since I'm probably the oldest person here and has the most experience, at least listen to what I say. You are the only person responsible for your happiness. You decide if you are happy, no one else. Stop worrying about small shit. Focus on yourself. Make your judgements based upon what you see, not what jerkoffs like me tell you on here. You have a long life ahead of you and most of it will suck. All of it will suck if you allow it to. I've been friendless for 20 years, not because I'm unlikeable but because I've learned to enjoy my own company. That's about all I've got right now. Good luck fren!
>>
Being a loser is a choice.
>>
File: file.png (48 KB, 335x323)
48 KB
48 KB PNG
>>27361442
See luigi here? Luigi is asking for help. He'll get what he needs.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.