[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: .png (373 KB, 800x400)
373 KB
373 KB PNG
Well the therapist just told me I’m too mentally ill to be their patient.

I told her about my history and she kept going “oh my GOD that’s AWFUL” every other sentence which just made me feel like fucking shit. Like, my life hasn’t been that bad, way to prove the blackpill right again.
>>
>>27359505
do they just touch you in that trailer?
>>
>>27359505
So why are you evasive to confronting the heap of hell you grew out of? Why can't you allow yourself to feel that the things you went through WERE awful?

>my life hasn't been that bad
well look man, maybe you're right. I'm not you so I won't pretend to know, and that therapist ain't you either bro. But what I will say is: I used to believe that too. That it wasn't THAT bad. That my alcoholic parents near killing themselves regularly and destroying my home around me as a kid wasn't THAT bad.

Be sure you haven't normalized fucked up shit is what I am trying to say.
>>
>>27359505
>Like, my life hasn’t been that bad

the people who meets people with bad lives every day apparently begs to differ
>>
>>27359505
Maybe she uh just wanted appear sympathetic. Did you just recently start seeing them? Could take her some time to process it and actually have something worthwhile to say.
>>
>>27359576
Lmao pussy
>>
>>27359505
Don't go to therapy it's that easy anyone claiming otherwise wants to drag you down to their pathetic level
>>
>>27359505
What type of therapist is she. Did you do your research. If she’s one of those checklist therapist move out of there asap the therapist is not suppose to be there to fill off a checklist but actually work with you and try understand your problems as a human being and teach you to solve them
>>
>>27360935
>>27360874
>>27359650
'she' is the problem,
women are too cared for (not a bad thing) to have experience to help
>>
>>27361311
Male therapists can be just as bad. Been through a bunch. I thought I would feel better with a male therapist as a man but the ones I had were useless
>>
>>27359505

Therapists are crap. They're absolutely useless when it comes to your average 4channer. Don't take it personally.
>>
>>27359505
Some therapists are fucking dogshit. Like any profession, there are dumb cunts in the mix who have no business being let out of their houses to mix with the public.

Therapy does help, if you get a good therapist (and most of them are good).
Stop seeing your therapist. See a different one.

If you think you have a straight-up mental illness, see a physchiatrist. They're the ones that diagnose you and prescribe medication and shit like that. Therapy is for managing your own mindset/behaviour to overcome issues.
>>
>>27363028
This. Go see someone else. If you are serious about mental illness you need more than a threapist.
>>
>>27363028
What about a psychologist?
>>
>>27359510
Worse, they give you eye contact
>>
>>27359505
I'm sure a trained professional did that, lil bro. Not fake whatsoever
>>
>>27359505
Kek I had this same experience. She asked me why I havent commited suicide yet, even though I didnt say I was suicidal. I went, "Sorry, what?" and she was like most people would have thrown in the towel at this point I'm surprised you're alive.
>>
>>27363424
Don't therapists talk to people who have been raped, abused, etc? They seem like ultra normies who can't comprehend anything other than normal people with a bit of boo hoo depression.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.