[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: images (13).jpg (25 KB, 509x602)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
Said I was awkward and creepy. One of them even said why she doesn't ask for a ride despite because she worries she might not make it back home.

How to stop being like a serial killer?
>>
>>27355659
RIP that sucks, man

I'm a woman with lots of female friends. I work with some of them. IME, women in the workplace don't usually care if you're weird or awkward (unless the woman herself is a massive fucking cunt - in which case, her opinion is invalid). But 'creepiness' usually comes from the sense that you have an ulterior motive, or that you are somehow 'dishonest' in how you present yourself.

If you give the impression that you are being polite or friendly for personal gain rather than genuine politeness/friendliness, that's a real big red flag to women. It should be a red flag to anyone, but women generally pick up on that shit far more frequently.

If it's obvious that you're adopting mannerisms to 'fit in', that can also come across as dishonest.

Tell us a bit about yourself, OP. What makes you stand out in a crowd? What makes you different from your coworkers? What kind of relationships do you have at work? What kind of connections do you have with your coworkers (eg: what hobbies do you share? What 'cliques' are you involved with at work?)?

It's kind of hard to give advice that works for you, if we don't really know you.
>>
go to the gym
>>
>>27356008
This info is also good for building an accurate threat matrix for your self-protection. And what kind of work is this? Office? Retail? Food service? Trades?
>>
>>27355659
You probably don't talk to normalfags much due to social anxiety. When you don't talk to them, they don't think "oh anon has social anxiety," they instead think "oh what the fuck why is this guy not interacting with us this gives me bad feelings." It is essentially the fear of the unknown. Normalfags aren't empathetic, so your only choice is to sometimes make small talk with them so that they feel comfortable.
>>
>>27356458
I work in the gift shop of a museum. But the retail staff often mingle with the security, cafe staff, and guides. So everyone that we interact with is either customer-facing, or they're the customer.

I should add that the shop girls get hit on ALL THE FUCKING TIME by customers (and a handful of the security staff have been awful), so we're always very conscientious about safety and comfort when it comes to 'creeps'. We look out for each other.
As a rule, we don't care if someone is awkward or 'weird'. We don't hold it against a person. But we actively hate cunts who have committed actual objective wrongdoing.

>The security staff member who stalked my coworker via the museum cameras. He later moved his attention to me, and blew up my phone from 6am to 10pm for weeks, until I blocked him. Then he told the security staff they weren't allowed to talk to me, implying he owned me.
>The cunt who called the store and told my friend "you sound sexy", so she promptly hung up because 'fuck that noise'
>The typical indian cunt of a boss who gives zero shits that the dude was sexually harrassing his staff - SHE is in the wrong because "don't hang up on customers". BITCH HE WASN'T A FUCKING CUSTOMER. HE WAS CALLING PURELY TO HARRASS PEOPLE.

Honestly, it depends more on the type of people in the workplace than the type of workplace. I'm really lucky to work with decent people who aren't fucking psychos.
>>
>>27356979
OK great, you're a functional member of society who works with semi-sane people for a "field" known for being a professional wastebin for felons, druggies, eenagers, both mental and physical, and assorted useless eaters. But what about OP?
>>
File: 1632446789853.png (554 KB, 850x808)
554 KB
554 KB PNG
>>27355659
>overheard
Anon... are you sure they are not right?
>>
OP was caught sniffing someone's bike seat
>>
I assume they all think that about me. Even though one time a girl did ask to drive her home, really awkward drive lol
>>
>>27356501
Not OP but I've become pretty good at small talk over the years despite my social anxiety but I've still overheard girls at work say im "scary". Thankfully no creepy yet
>>
>>27355659
Give them a real reason to call you a serial killer.

Sorry I am depressed. Things are not good here. Just confront them. Show some initiative and ask them wtf is up?
>>
Maybe I’m an asshole, but if people thought of me like that I’d :

1. Figure out why

2. Try to see if it’s worthy changing

3. Keep every single one of those women who seem to be gossiping as far away from me as possible, I wouldn’t even bother to try to have them change their opinion of me. I’d make it so it looks like I think they’re creepy, like avoiding them as much as possible. It’s worked before.

What type of personality do you have OP, and what kind of workplace?
>>
>>27358848
then they are going to act like straight up pussies and pretend they have no idea what he is talking about. he should just slam the door in front of them and stare at them really cold
>>
>>27355659
Stop pretending the opinions of shallow femcels matter

They never had any investment in you - they never will. Your life will never be made any better by fruitlessly chasing their acceptance.

True friends arnt insecure divisive faggots that cut you down.
>>
>>27358963
Anon they are literally straight up pussies first of all
Second the only reason OP is being called these things is because he is literally the guy to eaves drop on conversations. Conversations ABOUT HIM and STILL not speak up. Women don't notice a guy who doesn't display masculinity. And if they do it's for the wrong reasons
>>
bump
>>
>>27355659
bruh
>>
>>27355659
It's over.
>>
>>27355659
Here's what you do:
>change your sex on your driver's license or passport to female
>let HR know you identify as a trans woman
>report the female co-workers as transphobes
>they give you one wrong look and you call them out on their bigotry.
I'm serious
>>
>>27355659
my actual advice is to, in the course of your duties, prove them wrong with action
Start small. Do you say "hello" or good morning to your coworkers when you arrive? if not you can start there
And, what about you led them to this impression, can you tell?
>>
>>27355659
lol they just think you're ugly. Besides now you don't have to do favors for anyone sounds great.
>>
>>27355659
I had a similar experience at my old workplace, except I didnt overhear it was more like a coworker overheard 2 girls talking and he relayed the message.

Confront them both, ask them why they think you are awkward and creepy and how do they think it made you feel hearing that. If they aint bitches they will at least apologize and you dont need to talk to them onwards. Dont be a bitch and stand up for yourself, just keep it professional (no yelling, cussing, crying, etc). Trust me man you dont want this shit bottling up inside you.
>>
are you black?
>>
>>27355659
>How to stop being like a serial killer?
Can't be a killer once noone is left.
>>
File: 1663753686317506.jpg (77 KB, 679x680)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>27355659

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.