[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1659529994058181.jpg (218 KB, 991x1280)
218 KB
218 KB JPG
I'm not looking towards mma standards but more looking towards street fights where no rules are applied. I'm currently 6 ft 1, 186 cm and weight about 97 kg. I am strong fat but I can still run for 30 mins without breaks so my stamina is good.
>>
>>27052788
I'd say something like Ryan Reynolds. If you're too "big", chances are you will end up being kinda slow. Something like Ryan Reynolds/ Sergio Ramos/ Ibrahimovic would be ideal.
>>
File: 9648.jpg (84 KB, 1200x800)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>I'm not looking towards mma standards but more looking towards street fights where no rules are applied

MMA is fighting with no rules applied, and physique has little to do with actual fighting. Understand what actual fighting is first. it's not focusing on the idea of kicking nuts and biting and eye gauging like how a 12 year old or krav maga try hard would think. Forget lifting weights for a while and go into wrestling as soon as you can before you get older and harder to teach. After 6 months of learning the basics, then do body weight training and MAJOR cardio for your physical state. Once you become comfortable grappling, start learning Mauy Thai or boxing. Both have their ups and downs but are the best for hurting people as fast and efficiently as possible besides for wrestling. Again, the only people who say shit like

>pfft mma is for pussies, i train street fighting with no rules!

are the ones who dont have a good grasp on the reality of fighting.

However there is a major difference between "street fighting" and controlled fighting, the difference comes from the fact that "street fighting" a REAL situation with emotions going into it and life potentially on the line. But the difference isnt made from the fact that there arent "any rules".
>>
>>27052788
Picture someone you wouldn’t want to fight retard
There you go
>>
>>27053388
>I'm not looking towards mma standards but more looking towards street fights where no rules are applied
Yeah OP here, I just meant that MMA still has weight categories.
>>
>>27053527
Yea, they have weight classes for people who are all trained. A 120 pound manlet with years of experience and training in MMA would destroy you and your 500 pound ego within 3 minutes or 15 seconds.
>>
File: bjj.png (314 KB, 640x541)
314 KB
314 KB PNG
>>27053388
>MMA is fighting with no rules applied,
modern western MMA has like 57 different pussy rules and the majority of fights is won by points after one dudes humps the other guys' leg on the floor for 15-25 minutes
>>
>>27053388

/ thread, in the sense that if you want to fight, go fight MMA

>Forget lifting weights for a while

Lifting and stretching will prevent injuries, mainly.
>>
>>27052788
Why do you want to get into fights?
>>
>>27053623
You mean the UFC has like 57 different pussy rules. You're literally the types of people who say "I train UFC" lmao
>>
>>27053647
I just meant he shouldnt focus on lifting until he gets his body used to the motions of grappling and so he can spend more time learning how to actually fight
>>
>>27053664

I agree with virtually everything you are saying. OP is a 12 year old idiot though, so it's not like we are going to get through to him. He still thinks there is some magic min-max here.

Also, for the moron OP - #1 thing to do is not to get hurt before you git gud. If you tear your ACL, you will take years to get back into it, if at all.
>>
File: superior BJJ technique.gif (1.01 MB, 230x209)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB GIF
>>27053653
Nope, modern western MMA. You can fight in some bullshit UK promotion or Canadian Indian reservation and they're still using unified rules same as the UFC. UFC had "no rules" damn near 30 years ago when it was basically just no biting or eye gouging but unified rules is full of autistic bullshit like forbidden satanic elbows and of course the biggest meme rule of all how you can't knee or kick someone on the ground.

MMA peaked in Japan in the 2000s, when UFC was nearly bankrupt and should have died off.
>>
>>27053690
I guess MMA is a Univeral organization now and doesnt stand for Mixed Martial Arts anymore. The UFC and PFL and WFC and ONEFC should just change their brand names to MMA right?
>>
>>27052788
You should do everything possible to avoid a street fight.
>You can't size up how trained and experienced somebody is from looking at them. Trained wipes the floor with untrained every single time given up to 20lbs weight difference
>You don't know what level of aggression somebody is capable of. You naturally assume that everybody is going to more or less react to things how you do - maybe you consider a fight over once they're knocked to the ground and unwilling to fight anymore. You can run into some fucking lunatic for whom a red mist descends when he gets hit and he's going to repeatedly stomp on your skull if he gets the chance to
>You can't account for weapons
>>
File: bjj sniff.webm (1.71 MB, 960x540)
1.71 MB
1.71 MB WEBM
>>27053725
I think you should lay off the MMA yourself if you have that much brain damage that you think I'm saying MMA is a brand because that is completely unrelated to what I've been writing in my posts. Boxing is boxing but they still have different boxing leagues.

All I did was call out that "MMA IS REAL FIGHTING WITH NO RULES!!!!!!!" meme which is obviously not true

also BJJ is garbage, all these rules that favor ground game and there hasn't been a dominant BJJ fighter in years, well over a decade, it's all ground and pound. Or at the very ground and hug and win by split decision.
>>
>>27053771
You said MMA has rules, but what are the rules to MMA?
>>
>>27052788
As big and strong as possible. Don't buy the bullshit, people who are big and strong have an advantage over people who are small.
>>
>>27053822
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mixed_martial_arts_rules#Unified_Rules_of_Mixed_Martial_Arts
>>
>>27052788
your to-do list seems empty and in turns in loop
>>
>>27053848
Yea, those rules are the rules for the commissions and organizations that put on MMA fights. But MMA AS A MARTIAL ART, NOT A COMMISION, HAS NO RULES. THATS WHAT MAKES IT MMA YOU DUMB FUCK.
>>
>>27053771
>also BJJ is garbage, all these rules that favor ground game and there hasn't been a dominant BJJ fighter in years, well over a decade, it's all ground and pound. Or at the very ground and hug and win by split decision.
You don't remember Khabib submitting everyone? Anyway, ground and pound involves mount position and working around the guard, which is BJJ.
>>
>>27053863
so I can just shove my dick in someone eye sock and stab them with a knife? or whoops are there actuall rules

>MMA as a martial art
it's not a martial art, it's mixed martial arts, it's a combination of boxing and/or karate and/or grappling and/or muay thai and/or BJJ and/or tae kwon do etc etc etc

>>27053884
>Khabib is a BJJ fighter

oh under which gracie did he get his black belt you triple retard he's a judo/sambo fighter

BJJ nerds are the worst my god are you gonna claim that Fedor is a BJJ practitioner as well?
>>
>>27053913
Yes, you could do those things when not under a commission or society where those things are illegal. It's not MMA that says "dont put your dick in someones eye socket" its society .
>>
>>27053913
I actually started taking Judo recently and I'm surprised. While there is some overlap with BJJ, Judo is a much different martial art and it's really cool.
>>
>>27054307
>those things are illegal
fighting is illegal. But turned into a sport, it's legal. Sports have rules. Otherwise it would just be calvinball with everyone doing their own thing making things up on the fly declaring themselves the winner because of a technicality that didn't exist until 2 seconds ago.

>>27054510
well sure BJJ means brazilian jiu jitsu and jiu jitsu or jujutsu is a wide range of japanese grappling martial arts, they're basically cousins.

but really the point here was ot obviously point out that not all forms of grappling are brazilian jiu jitsu. There's Judo there's Sambo there's Sumo and outside of Japan unrelated to any jujutsu there's Pankration and African or Mongolian wrestling etc.
>>
>>27053648
couple of nignogs moved in my town and have began to start being a nuisance, breaking into shit and climbing onto machinery
>>
>>27052788
Nothing
The one that gets backup, goes for a sucker punch or surprise hit to your temple then smashes the enemy's skull on the floor with his foot wins
You don't play fair
>>
>>27054970
A guy who practices martial arts can do all that stuff too, but with better technique and footwork that helps him avoid getting hit.
>>
>>27054978
Of course that's true, but the mentality of "what gay asian martial art will make me win fights" instead of "how can I get the first hit" is wrong
>>
The best body type is “I have a gun”

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.