[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Why do you have to turn off the concerns in your head to get a job breaking your back for 30 years or sitting in a office for 30 years only to realize it’s not your dream and the dream you have is too impossible due to money and technology not being advanced enough? All while taking care of a family you will secretly hate eventually and they the same of you because society demands we have families
>>
I think killing myself would probably be a better option
>>
It’s ironic we live in the best era of humanity too
>>
>>27052765
yeah i'd do the same but at the same time i wanna know how my life/all of these end, so there's nothing to do other than living to see the end
>>
>>27052752
You don't turn off the concerns, you develop a greater perspective of life that allows you to deal with it.
as children, we are kept in a bubble of safety and high stimulation for the entire time that entering adulthood is literally a shock to the system

no more free dopamine
no more guided actions to poop

once you realise how inept the system is at making you capable and adaptable. it's on you to do it for yourself.

practising the smallest wins to get over your fears everyday so you can get what you want by the end of the week. fearless by the end of the month.
strategise your interactions for maximised chances of success in everything you do.
work on these habits until people literally tell you, you make it look easy.

a great book is
atomic habits by james clear, there's a reason why it skyrocketed to the top in the last 4 years

You mentioned your family, the obligations and expectations that are necessary. Yours is slightly warped because you aren't entirely working for yourself, which isn't a bad thing, but you do need some selfishness in order to push through life.
Your family has weighed on you too much for you to have any real freedom in your actions to be able to fully enjoy life as it is.

You take breaks, between all the backbreaking work you lie down and take it easy.

But realising how 'easy' it is, to make it, when you just push yourself a little more than the other person, life won't seem as depressing as it is.

You just don't have enough wins under your belt to make it feel satisfying yet or worth it.
>>
>>27052752
Welcome to crapitalism. Rule #1 is that our system isn't meant to help you, it's meant to extract value from you. Make your escape plan and bail as soon as you can
>>
>>27053428
We have to do the same shit in a communist system too. The soviet union didn't give everyone neet but to do whatever they wanted. The people at the top reap the fruits produced by the people at the bottom, whether it's capitalism or communism. Someone has to produce the shit we consume.
>>
>>27053506
True, that's why I'm an advocate of the Nordic model. Companies are good servants but poor masters.

Also remember that communism is largely a boogeyman compared to the threat that big corporations pose. Wrestling them into submission is necessary for people to have their best life under any political system.
>>
>>27053120
can i add u on discord? please i also want to kill myself right now
>>
File: 30683746378.jpg (526 KB, 2048x1366)
526 KB
526 KB JPG
>>27052752
>>
>this is your brain on gaytheism
>>
>>27052772
despite this the 2000s were way better
>Verification not required
>>
>>27056109
no they weren't the era around 9/11 sucked shit
>>
>>27056121
Well I'm not american so whatever
>>
>>27052765
>>27053120
I once tried with a bottle of sleeping pills. I am a coward so I thought taking a bunch of pills would be painless and I would just fall asleep, but a few minutes later I felt extremely sick. And I began to panic because I didn't want to suffer while dying. I drank a shit ton of water and tried to throw up but it didn't work. I then laid down in my bed and just accepted the situation. I was shocked when I woke up alive by my family with a trail of puke running down my bed. I'm glad I survived because life got better for me. At this moment in life you might think your life is over and it can't get better but that's false.
>>
>>27052752
30 years since my dick fell off
>>
>>27053147
not op, but i don't think that's my current issue. After 4 months of unemployment, i got a new job, which wasn't particulaly hard, but was sucking my soul. I left after a week and that made me feel really depressed.

Thing is, i just don't know what i want anymore, let alone if i want something. I see men with families who are extremelly miserable, same for men who don't have families and focused on their career, My brain kinda just to defaulted to thinking that life just isn't worth tryharding.
>>
>>27052752
You sound like a child, in which case good news its less painful to become a jaded cynic that doesn't believe in dreams.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.