[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: never.jpg (107 KB, 900x900)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
when it got better for you?
how long did it take?
>>
It doesn't get better. You adapt to the suck or you are consumed by it.
>>
>>27050690
that makes sense, how long did it take for you to adapt to it?
>>
>>27050708
I'm not adapted to it yet. I still struggle.

Is it adaptation or is it giving up? Do you swim against the current or do you float away with it? Is there even anything at either end of that river?

I don't know man
>>
>>27050644
29 years
>>
Things started getting better around 27 for me. I still didn't get laid until 29, but things improved a lot from about 27.V28ypw
>>
>>27050644
when I started taking my meds
seriously
>>
I've lost a shit ton of weight since the beginning of this year. And habits been improving. I just feel so miserable more than ever now. I don't watch movies, listen to music, play vidya. Absolutely nothing. Now I just got into cigs. I'm 26 and clueless.
>>
Around 27. I had "focused on myself" enough to be interesting and have hobbies other than video games and attracted a woman who met my admittedly unrealistic taste
>>
27 as well. 28 now and I'm not in a great place but definitively a ton of improvement compared with my 26 yo self.
Got a job, saved up, make some new friends, leave my parents house, do more interesting stuff. Still not there yet but definitively getting there.
The trick is to realize that what you do is shit and get into panic enough to force yourself to do shit for some months. Worked out for me.
>>
File: e0nq0afxaxm51.jpg (29 KB, 680x383)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
This thread gives me great hope as a 27 year old. Thanks, anons.
>>
>>27050644
Not sure if it does. Am in mid 30s now. When I was in 20s was poor as fuck. Lived with tons of roommates. Could barely pay bills. Jobs always sucked ass. Mid 20's had enough. Started going to school for STEM field. Between school and worked went 90 hours a week. Graduated top of class. Now I have good job. Make lots of money. Keep getting raises. New car in driveway. Have place all to myself. Was great for a short while. But the suck creeped back in. No were else to go. No new ground to cover. Can't help but think that now I am just waiting to die. Tell myself same thing I did when I was a poor fag. "Crying in a Mercedes is much more comfortable than crying on a bike." I know things are better now. But not sure if I am actually happier.
>>
>>27050690
Wrong. It gets better when you start making it better.
>>
mid 25
I'm barely at the start but things for once definitely look good or at least much better and realistic than they used to
>>
>>27050644
I'm 36 and still waiting for it to get better.
>>
30 year. It got better in some ways, worse in others. I mostly just try to numb myself to it all.
>>
>>27050644
>when it got better for you?
When did what get better for me?
>how long did it take?
How long did what take?
Smoking? Never smoked.
>>
Stop being a fag and just enjoy the little things
>>
21 years.
>>
>>27051366
I'm 24 and a half and I am only going into run away mode and cannot get into panic fix yourself mode. I applied for some jobs but then the idea of working made me want to kill myself so I ghosted them and I live day by day hiding in my room.

tldr what advice do you have for someone who can't panic? my go to mode is to run away from my problems. I'm doing it right now.
>>
I was 24yo and met my now husband who just randomly decided to fix my life because he liked how I looked
I never finished any education outside of high school, was working at a gas station in part time and was just sperging schizo thoughts online and browsing all day. Now I am 26 we're married and I'm pregnant and while he works I still browse but I do take care of things in the house and read and am picking up more useful hobbies, so there's that. So sometimes if you're lucky, things do get better on their own.
>>
My whole circle of friends cut me off, because of some entitled cunt.

Forced me to read books,learn, do shit for my health and recalibrate everything.
>>
>>27053063
One step at a time.

Next time answer the call, take a few days and realise it wasn't that bad.

Next time answer the call, take the next step and move back and so on...

Just continue to make small steps and don't stand still for too long
>>
>>27050644
27 now
Got better when I was 24. ODed on black pills at the time and lost my job. Even broke up w gf temporarily. Realized I had to stop overthinking and worry about the macro. Focused on the micro and what I can control. Never been happier and have never looked back. Engaged now. Hang in there fren there is light at the end of the tunnel.
>>
>>27053082
le women live life on easy mode meme
>>
>>27052231
I'm 37 and it ain't looking that much better either

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.