[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

What do I do?
>>
If you got in then you should be able to make it. Study more. Studying is repeating. Repeat, repeat, repeat the key concepts. You memorize by repeating.
>>
>>26750384
But the univerity will kick me out if I fail too many times :(
>>
>>26750370
what year are you in?
If you are just a first year then you need to rexamine how you organize and study.

I'm in my third year and finished on 62% (worth 30% of my degree) so I know I have to work very hard next year to be consistent.
>>
>>26750402
I'm in my 3rd year. I already passed around 25% of 3rd year. But it's a struggle, I'm 25 and depressed and college it's making me worse because I'm failing all the time
>>
>>26750370
Calculate how many points you have left to prevent you from failing, then kick your own ass into doing every assignment and reading until the end.

And yes, you will have to cut out whatever the fuck is making you fail if it isn't work or family, for a little while at least. Yes it sucks, that's what I had to do.

Worst comes to worst, withdraw if you can, to save your GPA.
>>
>>26750409
you should talk to somebody. even your parents. I know I feel worse if I try to hide something from my dad. He believes in me so if tell him I'm doing good when I'm not I feel like shit

do you enjoy your degree? is this where you see yourself working? you may consider switching to another course if thats possible, even going inot a lower year. even if it costs a lot it might be worth your health and sanity for it.
>>
>>26750436
My parents are really horrible people and the reason I'm depressed. I had to cut them off. So now I don't have friends or family anymore.
I think this is one of the reasons why I'm struggling.
>>
Has anyone hired a tutor to help you pass college classes?
>>
>>26750444
that's unfortunate. But you really should find somebody to speak speak, a tutor or therapist or something. Sitting inside all day and dwelling on these thoughts makes it worse.

I experienced this myself as well. in my first year I got lazy and stopped submitting maths assignments and ended up failing maths. This was also the start of covid pandemic when things were kinda crazy. So I was just locked inside thinking about failure all the time.

but remember that there is always a tomorrow where you can better yourself. Clean your room and clear your space. organize what you have and please go speak to your college tutor or course co-ordinator about your situation. they will offer guidance and support. don't just bear all this alone
>>
>>26750457
They don't care. You are alone, OP
>>
>>26750370
The question in the picture you posted is a good place to start. It's interesting that you chose that one too.
So why are you failing?
>>
>>26750516
I'm too depressed and tired to study, the degree is too hard, and also I guess I don't know how to study
>>
>>26750493
he doesn't know until he tries.
stop being a defeatist loser
>>
>>26750526
>I'm too depressed and tired
Ok. So has something happened in your life recently that caused this depression? Or have you always felt this way?
>the degree is too hard
What are you studying?
>>
>>26750548
Yeah. I come from an abusive family. I'm studying physics, if I weren't in 3rd year I'd quit lmao
>>
>>26750577
What's your daily schedule like? What's your diet like?
>>
I think you should stop trying to train to be a wageslave and start a business
>>
>>26750370
WHY are you in college? It might not be the right place for you.

NOTE I am NOT saying you might not be good enough for it. IT might not be good enough for YOU.

Colleges were designed to serve two groups, and generally serve them well - those aiming for the surprisingly few professions that absolutely require a degree, and those who just enjoy learning for its own sake. Anyone else is probably wasting their time, their parents' money and a spot someone else can use.

There are many honorable and well-paying professions that do not require college.
>>
>>26750577
If you made it to 3rd year of physics don’t quit now. I majored in physics and the 3rd year is extremely hard. It’s pretty common sometimes for people needing 5 years to finish. The main thing is working on the homeworks with your classmates and going to all the TA and professor office hours. You should also get involved in research as a physics major. This might also motivate your studies.
>>
>>26751166
I just don't want to be a plumber
>>
>>26752874
why not? may be a (literally) shitty job but it pays well
>>
>>26752887
No it does not. And I know almost everything there is to know about my career, I just can't seem to finish it. But I don't want to leave empty handed

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.