[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1652543901882.jpg (99 KB, 649x1034)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
How do i overcome having a defeatist mindset? i seem to give up whenever i meet any obstacle.
>>
>>26447649
Value your goals
>>
File: 1649652812397.jpg (75 KB, 750x730)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>26447649
It's a matter of motivation and mindset.

If you have a goal worthy going trough hell for you will succeed
If you are under environmental pressure to do something or perish you will do it or die
If you have the unyielding mindset you will not stop till it's done, obviously.
Combined they set up a threshold of pressure under which you will give up, for example being under environmental pressure alone may not be enough to push someone to do something.

Unfortunately most of those are hardly changeable trough the work on yourself. That's why having a proper mentor and being in proper environment as you grow and form a mindset is so important. Best one can do in your situation is a lot of restructuring and rewiring of your brain. Reading proper study material on the topic, inserting yourself in the proper environment, surrounding yourself with proper people, maybe finding a proper mentor in form of friend or superior. Obviously setting up proper goals and rewarding yourself accordingly as you step closer to them is crucial as well, be nice to your body and mind as they complete certain tasks you see desirable, and they will intern make it easier for you to complete those and similar tasks.
>>
You either never did anything hard in your entire life and lack any kind of discipline.

Or you jacked off, played videogames and got high so much that you fucked up your own dopamine pathways and now you easily give up on literally everything because you have no idea what delayed gratification is.

Or you have no purpose and endgoal which makes you run in circles and be demotivated all the time because you keep asking yourself if what you need to do will ever be worth it.

Which one is it, anon?
>>
>>26447857
i think its numbers 1 and 2
if theres any excuse to elaborate on these its either somthing im too stupid to realize about myself yet or im just lazy as shit. i really dont know why.
>>
>>26447857
Not OP, but I'm all 3. Does that make me a lost cause?
>>
>>26448003
hell no dude, if youre in a rough spot due to self neglect then its supposed to be that way for us. (OP)
>>
>>26448003
In these modern times, distractions are the actual number 1 enemy. If you want to change anything significant in your life then drop the random entertainment you consume and you'll quickly notice the benefits. Boredom will push you to do work, eventually. You can change if you want to change. You aren't a lost cause but you will be one if you don't take any action. Quit consooming and start living.
>>
You gave up? good. Now I have more chance to succeed!
>>
>>26447649
Get internal family systems therapy
>>
>>26448122
what do you mean?
>>
>>26450465
bump for op plus i'm curious abt this

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.