[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1652369701689.jpg (36 KB, 640x362)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
I'm sick of people thinking they can be assholes to me for no reason.
I'm 19, 5'10/11 I think and only little more than 120lbs. I know putting on weight and muscle will be a major thing but apart from that what else?
>>
>19
>120lbs

Just be a good person with good character. Youre setting yourself up for failure
>>
>>26439560
I live in a libtard area where bullying is basically illegal, as it's harassment, so people online do it online anonymously. When I was in school a few psycho bullies threatened me but I just kept my cool and so it never progressed into anything.
>>
>>26439560
>I know what to do
Then do it, faggot. That's literally it. People respect strength. When you get stronger you will naturally develop confidence to go with it.
>>
>>26439560
Just learn to be fun. Then keep being funny no matter what. People be loving funny short men.
>>
File: yakuza cosplay.jpg (214 KB, 1280x720)
214 KB
214 KB JPG
>>26439560
Have you considered dressing up as a character straight out of Yakuza, and wearing a suit?
>>
>>26439945
No but thinking about Yakuza, they like their tattoos and dark clothing so maybe I should go for something like that, I'm not wanting to bully anyone or anything but just to stop people from thinking they shout stuff at me and shit because I look passive.
>>
>>26439560
Ever thought why intimidation and speech are SKILL checks in fallout games?
>>
>>26439994
dressing smartly and stylishly at the same time could help. like wearing smart casual in dark colors.
>>
>>26439560
shave head. Really
>>
File: yakuza 7.jpg (59 KB, 676x1018)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>26439994
They also use red. Don't just think all black will be intimidating, black and red is good
>>
>>26439560
kek, this is a constant mindset of most "young" peole, but more in a subconscious level.

the fact you post your height and weight is telling of the advice you seem to want, which leans towards aggressive.

I'll give you different advice that most fags wont say, first, keep in mind that your mindset isn't unique, its extremely intagngled in human nature, young men, even nerds and incels, are natrually aggressive. But consider that YOU might might the problem, i dont know if you are, but its a common trope for a millenial / zoomer to think other people are assholes but they're not, but truly, aggession in western culture is considered low iq, even if people wont admit it, only dumb bitches will be attracted to such a thing (unless everyone is pussy whipped, then assholes are really attractive). I recommend taking the comedian path and get good at talking shit and learning to have a comedian mindset when it comes to violence. Being needlessly aggressive wont get you anywhere in the first world (but dont be and be afraid of conflict) but violence is really low tier / cringe, women even just want men to at least be willing to fight someone as a last resort
>>
File: 850934875028750234.png (134 KB, 288x439)
134 KB
134 KB PNG
>>26439600
Do not do this. You're setting yourself up to being the buttmonkey of people's jokes. People will quickly devalue you and start fucking with you in an extremely unexpected ways. People are scum of the earth.
>>
>>26439580
See this is the thing, I have seen people online be just as mean to bodybuilders as they're to shrimp. Most people assume since it's online you're not gonna attack them and if you do you end up being labelled a psycho for it. I would still suggest working out so you don't feel like a wimp but ultimately you have to mentally overcome the issue.
>>
>>26439600
>>26440546
this, as someone thats "funny" and not an incel, women will be more friendly about it but overall on a subconscious level a lot of guys kinda get aggressive towards short people if they're challenged, i'm even guilty of this without trying to. if you're not naturally funny like nick mullen and dont have the baseness to back it up it will end badly, it ends really badly for anyone trying to be funny without it coming naturally.
>>
>>26439560
show a pic of urself and ill tell u
>>
>>26439560
Being less reactive while also being highly present can be really good for this especially as a generic white man. You get a sort of minor buffer of believability with shit you do. So all you really have to do is make sure people know you’re listening, seeing, hearing them but not in a happy smiley positive way. In a neutral slow, direct way. Additionally you can terrify the shit out of people by being 100% honest or clarifying through their emotions or whatever. This can really chop down a guy who’s being cocky or mean in a masculine way to you, a lot of men are cowards and hide behind their personality or charm. That shit turns heads immediately and they often respond with anger or some sort of bark. Unblinking in this moment is what drives that point home.

>man looking around the room, you tell him your project isn’t done, he immediately looks at you and starts asking questions about it in an angry tone
is significantly less intimidating than
>man is looking at you, you tell him the project is done, he looks away for a moment and looks back at you and says the same thing back

Think: cold, cutting, presence. You really need to have presence otherwise you fall into the background with this.
>>
>>26439560
Fight back verbally. I find violence and lies come together. "that person is an arsehole", I'm not sure if you've seen a picture of an anus, see, it's just incorrect. When man calls another a 'dog', and the other goes along.. see? Faltering mentally/rationally/argumentatively/cognitively-->verbal abuse to which upon being dominated verbally-->physical necessity- then it turns into crime potentially. Losing physically, the requirement to turn the other cheek or something.
Also, Faltering socially-morally, the requirement to argument like a nerd. Another example. "Kick his arse" there was no kicking, particular to his arse, there was punching to the face. Meaning to say his arse was his face. When you talk and think like this your life's supposed to be violent, not the best analogy, but it's like saying "here's a picture of me jumping out the window" while showing you 'audio of me eating soup', it's nonsense. to justify this insanity, shouting, lying, fighting.
If you put on too much weight they'll call you fatty and you'd just sit on them and win.
>>
>>26443934
Not OP, but this is really good advice.
>>
>>26439560
Roll your shoulders back and don't be afraid to look them in the eye. Even if you're a manlet, it's not about the idea you'll beat them but more so you will fight back. In saying that though, don't be cocky. If they ask you what your issue is just very bluntly state that you don't have one.

The entire reason women are such cocky little shits is because violence is not a potential outcome in most situations, but men it is. You don't need to scare them into submission, just be confident enough and firm enough for someone to not want to roll the dice and you won't get fucked with.
>>
>>26439560
Initimidation is a means to gain respect. Work on being respectable and you won't need to be a cunt
>>
>>26439560
>120lbs
god damn anon how do you type with those skeleton hands
>>
>>26439560
1. What haircut do you have
2. What is your cunt
3. What is your race
4. How do you dress
>>
>>26446343
>What haircut do you have
Hawk or whatever you call it.

>What is your cunt
Wtf does this mean. I have a big ass.

>What is your race
My race is black.

> How do you dress
Shorts and basketball shirt or a t-shirt with prints. Shoes are Addidas or Nike.
>>
>>26446343
Good questions. Also what is personality.
>>
>>26446456
Okay
>>
>>26446485
Help me...
>>
>>26446456
They are being racist. Simple as.

You can do thing slike shaving your different ethnicity hair, but fuck it. Just adjist your life as much as possible to avoid different ethnicities. As a black person you can probably still get along with seasians, arabs, nafris, but certainly not eastern asians or germanics.

Btw, cunt is /int/speak for country
>>
>>26446601
Cunt is Norway my family is from russia. But India is where my family lives. But yea I will isolate myself from asians and Europeans
>>
>>26446456
And by adjusting your life, I don't mean like taking a different route on the way to the store, I mean moving altogether and only working under an ethnicity that generally treats you well
>>
>>26446641
Sounds like a bad idea but it is good. Right?
>>
>>26446691
No don't listen to this anon. Just be yourself women love that! Reddit.com
>>
>>26446691
It does sound like it is, but at any point in life it isn't really hard to move places or to acquire new work. If your family was with you, your parents or grandparents would've known this already and settled in an area that is more accepting of your ethnicity.

It's an additionally good idea because racism is almost inherent, it's why the justifications for racism are often null (i.e black people do more crime but in reality only 20 out of 100,000 blacks are criminals, arabs rape, etc), and is rather based on an instinctual dislike of certain people. Over time in life, you start to realize this on your own so it's nice if somebody tells you how it is. I'm a southern european and asians ask me if my nose is broken (I have a roman nose with the crack in the middle), ask me if I drank alcohol, often angrily (I have a fruity smell, it's very apparent in people of my race), often talk passively-aggressively to me and so on, the common denominator in my life for aggressive behavior against me has often been race before truly what I do, many people I know know this too.

I do advise that in the near future, if your obligations can be changed (i.e you aren't currently enrolled in a school), you should start taking steps in the direction of moving to where you will be accepted. I don't know of the situation in Norway, but upper class immigrant neighborhoods are good ideas. A good example for the US would be a rich ethnic person choosing to live in Brooklyn instead of Manhattan due to the higher amounts of ethnicities that may be similar to the person.
>>
>>26446871
Makes sense, I never thought about this. I will definitely do something about this when it is feasible.
>>
>>26439560
I'm about the same size height and age as you and people already find me very well intimidating. Some not, many do. Actions reflect on your personality. Just shut the fuck up, don't show any emotions and don't fuck around.

Do not try to intimidate others though. I don't even try and people think am about to become the next serial killer, fuck them though for thinking that.
>>
>>26447187
Also always be in control and power. Speak up, loud and control the people around you. Be very nice to people that you need.

For example, I got it to the point I can tell my high-school teacher to fuck off and that they should be happy I even arrived on time today. I always leave them out of words. If they try to say something, be even louder and keep getting louder until they stop. "I said I'm done" Don't let them say anything back.
>>
>>26447217
>>26447187
Be able to defend your self, so if they come and complain. Make sure you can come improvise and come up with justification within seconds. I often use my height, weight, cute face and use of words as a charm.
>>
>>26439560
I learned that harassment is a weird bonding ritual, similar to how wolves test one another to see how each member does under pressure, how they resolve issues, and can they hold their own without compromising the pack.
>>
>>26447264
Cont.
On a related note: If you act adversarial, distant, or dismissive, it can be interpreted as, "We were just testing, but maybe you really are a threat to us or a liability." When I played along as if with family, the ones who tested me often opened up to me and later we were on good terms. Humans are a strange, fascinating bunch.
>>
>>26447228
>>26447217
>>26447187
I don't know if OP will be able to achieve that though, it's safe to say it should be a natural skill. You shouldn't learn it or ask others. You should already act this way default. Don't suddenly become a dick just because you think it's good. It will probably back-slash.
>>
"be more intimidating" is a dumb goal, unless you are planning to be an honest to god bounty hunter or loan shark

if you want to be taken seriously, an imposing physique is important, but also keep a sharp but casual appearance. mantain a straight, chin-up posture
taking care of yourself physically is only a small step. the most important aspect is your personality
you need a strong sense of conviction, assertiveness and confidence. learn to act like you dont give a fuck about haters
if people want to start something with you, give them either a shit-eating grin or a disdainful glare, the kind tired office clerks give at you when you dont understand how to make paperwork
still, being able to cash out with your ass checks that your mouth writes is a good idea. just keep your composure and dont start acting like a hysterical sperg, the one who gets angry first looses
>>
>>26447217
starting a shouting piss contest is all well and good with people without a spine but if he tries that with some dude who is deranged or has his shit together ops gonna get his wig split
speaking clearly and with a firm voice is good, shouting like a schizo not so much
>>
>>26439600
>>26443629
5'11" men aren't short, incels.
>>
Be like this man
>>
Most people think I’m a push over but could easy crush all of them. If it’s women saying this they’re retarded and never actually been in a real fight I tell everyone you don’t want to fight because once you get a felony your life is over, just don’t let people walk over. But people who never grew up around actual tough people don’t know this.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.