[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Is it worth starting a YouTube channel at this point? The website seems to be getting worse every day, and I’m staring down the barrel of a 7 year college commitment starting next fall.

How lucrative do you think something like that could be if I started today?
>>
By the time Joe Public hears about a money-making scheme its already too late. Same with stocks, too. If you hear about some unknown shit that seems like a real longshot -- too risky to invest in, those are the ones that can blow up . Make you a lot of money. but if its some relatively "safe" stock that other people are talking about, dont bother.
>>
>>25669673
What type of content are you looking to make? Or are you just in for the money
Because it's a godawful way to make money
>>
>>25669673

If you're doing it for the lucrativeness - you're gonna probably fail.

But yeah there's tons of money on the platform EVEN STILL - the problem is all the easy gains are gone. You'll have to grind for 2Y at it minimum to see any sort of return.
>>
>>25669725

I just noticed the 7Y part - OP 100% start a channel. By the time you finish college you might be able to even pay for the whole thing and go straight into YT directly.

If you got 7Y - go for it.
>>
>>25669710
Basic gameplay probably, something like half-life or Minecraft that’s easy to produce in a regular manner

Either that or some sort of commentary mixed with shock content
>>
>>25669673
Making a living is still very much possible, but like any career, it's a very slow growth. It also takes a lot of the fun out of it. Just throw on OBS or a camera and record a bunch of shit. Worst case scenario, it's a hobby to produce content you enjoy, best case, it could pay someday too.

It took me 5 years to make money, but my content was utter shit for a while and I just did it for fun. On the flip side, it's now my primary source of income but feels more like a demanding job because of it.
>>
>>25669762
>commentary mixed with shock content
>on YouTube
Kek
>>
>>25670513
That’s why it’s simply considered an alternative

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.