[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: consensual sex.png (864 KB, 827x767)
864 KB
864 KB PNG
Why do people say that relationships with an age gap (even a pretty small one between young adults) necessarily involve grooming and predatory behavior? If the older person doesn't leverage the age difference for manipulation, what's the problem?
>>
>>25667846
Nobody says that besides Twitter. As long as the age gap isn't an adult with a minor it doesn't really matter
>>
>>25667859
There was a Reddit post yesterday that made it seem like a 25 and 35 year old shouldn’t allowed to date. A lot of people disagreed but this isn’t an uncommon belief. I see people on tik tok made at early 20 guys dating 18 year olds too
>>
>>25667859
Pretty much this. Honestly, most modern dating and relationship shit you'll only really hear on Twitter, Reddit, and on here. I'd say people in real life only get suspicious when there's a 15+ age gap, and one person is significantly richer than the other.
Basically anything that reminds people of a trophy wife/gold digger situation will garner negative attention beyond a few quips.
>>
>>25667868
>I see people on tik tok mad at early 20 guys dating 18 year olds too
lol. just idiots. ignore them. there will be naturally selected out of the gen poll when doing the tide pod challenge
>>
>>25667868
Again, most of the people saying these kind of things generally live on the internet and are just bitter people in general. I can assure you, these same people are totally gungho for things like gay relationships and the likes.
One of my coworkers who's like, 24 is dating a girl who's 19, and absolutely noone bats an eye.
>>
>>25667846
Mostly they are postwall women jelaous of being replaced in the sexual "market" and want fearpush older men to marry them.
>>
>>25667859
>Nobody says that besides Twitter.
Practically everybody says that. Because people have odd views on age in general, and place more emphasis on them than science has been able to support. You can even see this in other circles, like "golly, Timmy sure is smart for his age!" even though kids are a lot smarter than we give them credit for.

>>25667904
>just idiots.
Idiots make up most of the human race, Anon.

>there will be naturally selected out of the gen poll when doing the tide pod challenge
That's not how gene pools work. But either way, "idiots" tend to have more children.
>>
By GF was just 1,5 years older, but it ruined a lot. And she had more money as I, so she totally wasn't into the baby thing, because I wasn't able to provide stuff as she expected (even tho she never said anything in this direction).

So yeah, trust me if I say be older as a man. It helps a lot.
>>
>>25667846
It’s gaslighting by older women and young beta men

I thought being liberal meant not caring
The same guys that like younger girls are same guys that got boners for their hot teachers
People fuck so what use to be the argument . Or oh europe so progressive

It’s your life just be happy
4chan Reddit tumblr etc are all unhappy people. Got 101 ideas of a perfect relationship but it’s impossible to find
>>
I generally agree with pic related, with the caveat that so long as the younger party is over 25, any upper age is fair game morally speaking.
But, while I don't think there's anything morally wrong with it, I think it reflects poorly on a 50 year old's maturity if they're still dating 25 year olds. The younger party is hardly being victimised though, and if anything is likely to be getting the better end of the deal in terms of enjoying the perks of an older partner's accumulated wealth, stability and social/professional network.
>>
>>25669023
what's wrong with a 24 year old dating an 18 year old?
>>
>>25669053
Sorry, champ, the chart says no. Come back in a year, then it'll be okay.
>>
File: jail.jpg (91 KB, 640x965)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
lol
>>
>>25669023
Pretty autistic
If this is dating in the west no wonder there’s divorce break ups and fewer kids but more disabled as they are born later

Does this chart apply to gays too? What about hook ups and sex work?
>>
>>25669243
>littlemensch
username checks out
>>
>>25667887
>I'd say people in real life only get suspicious when there's a 15+ age gap, and one person is significantly richer than the other.
fuck that’s me
>>
is 19 yr old girl and 38yr old guy really a problem?

Macron was 14 and his wife was 40

Johnson was 51 and his now wife 28
>>
>>25667846
>27
>Dating an 18-year-old

Literally no grooming on my part. I met her on a train, struck up a conversation with her, got her number, and set up a date.

She's not a dumb person. She's not a vulnerable person looking for approval or whatever. I use no mind games or manipulation tactics. I know plenty of people would disapprove and say there's a "power dynamic," but I have no idea what power over her I have. I'm not her boss. I'm not her coach. I'm not her teacher. There's nothing I could coerce her into doing that an 18-year-old make couldn't.

And the funny thing is, I used to also think that age gaps are "creepy." Just because you're supposed to think that. When you get older, you see how that is obviously a myth created by post-wall women to shame men who want to date women who are more attractive than they are. And many men, because we want to be the kind of sensitive understanding men who listen to women (there is nothing wrong with that) just absorb this opinion because "it must be wrong if she says it, I won't question it."
>>
>>25669834
I mean, I'm 34 and have a 19 y/o FWB. When I was 27, I dated a 44 y/o for a couple years. No one cares.
>>
>>25669953
Yeah, I've definitely learned at this point a lot of the discussion is either mad hoes or pissed off incels. My mom is married to a guy 20 years older than her and the only people who care about it are hoes who are mad at him for dating someone younger.
>>
>>25669953
>And the funny thing is, I used to also think that age gaps are "creepy." Just because you're supposed to think that. When you get older, you see how that is obviously a myth
Disagree, the older I get the more childlike younger people seem and the more retarded I realise I was back then compared to now. But it depends on the individual.

I certainly don't think every single age gap relationship is bad, but they do have greater potential to be bad and to cause more long term damage to a still developing mind, so I can see the reasoning behind people thinking significant age gaps just shouldn't be allowed. But I don't think any sort of ban would be practical.
>>
>>25669834
No one cares until you walk around wide eyed like people should care
How’s you meet her
Parents cool with it?
>>
>>25667846
Younger girls are basically chads to older femcels
>>
>>25669834
It’s not. Ronaldo is 36 and started a family with a girl like 12 years younger. And she is currently pregnant holding twins. But even if she was 20 I doubt anyone would care.

We all just want to be cared for and understood, especially women. If you make her feel as safe and secure as she did cuddled up on daddy’s arms in her childhood you are in. Safety in adulthood just comes in different forms - 1) money (which provides security) and security 2) physical appearance and status. Most men aren’t really that successful so women settle with men in tier 2 who are charismatic, tall/strong, or are thugs/have street cred/ or have social media credibility.
>>
As long as your partner isn't a minor, age gap doesn't matter and it's just a matter of personal preference. The discussion ends here. Anything else is just moral masturbation.
>>
>>25669053
What were you like when you were 18? Most of the development happens between 18-25. Age differences in that bracket always come with some sort of inbalance and it doesn't reflect well on the guy even if it's "legal" and "normal"
>>
>>25671140

So you think an adult person of 18 years old with full agency over their actions should not have the freedom to choose whatever they want for their life because you don't like it?
>>
>>25669953
>but I have no idea what power over her I have.
Age, experience, maturity
>There's nothing I could coerce her into doing that an 18-year-old make couldn't.
You're very sure about this aren't you?
>And the funny thing is, I used to also think that age gaps are "creepy." Just because you're supposed to think that. When you get older, you see how that is obviously a myth created by post-wall women to-
So you got older and figured "hey, it's pretty good for my ego to have a starry eyed youngster look up to me. I bet these hags are super mad that I'm dating a person who doesn't know why my flaws are flaws yet"
>>
>>25671162
Did I say that? You're really invested in the free choice of women to do things you like them to do.
>>
>>25671168

When did I say women? Following your logic, people should only be allowed to date when they are 25 years old.
>>
>>25671179
You're very clearly a 24-year-old guy lusting over 18-year-olds so it's implied
>>
>>25671182

I'm not even the person you quoted, and it's implied that you are american, because no one would care if an early 20 and 18 date lmao
>>
>>25671165
Not the guy you replied to but why do you make it seem like a bad thing? When I look at Ronaldo’s family or any relationship where an older man or woman is clearly in charge I just get a tingling feeling that that’s the way things are supposed to be.
I’m 23 don’t want to be in a relationship with someone the same age as me. I don't want to “grow” with someone with both of us being equals - buy a house together, split the bills, etc. It’s why so many modern marriages have women that talk down to their husbands or view their husbands as some sort of man-child. When I look at my friends or other couples who operate like that, personally I don’t want a relationship like that. And however much women preach about equality, secretly they don’t want that either because deep down they love the security, reassurance, and feeling of safety an older man (or just someone above them in general) provides.
>>
>>25671201
>I’m 23 don’t want to be in a relationship with someone the same age as me. I don't want to “grow” with someone with both of us being equals - buy a house together, split the bills, etc. It’s why so many modern marriages have women that talk down to their husbands or view their husbands as some sort of man-child.
That explains a lot. It's easier to not seem like a manchild when you aren't dating a peer
>And however much women preach about equality, secretly they don’t want that either because deep down they love the security, reassurance, and feeling of safety an older man
Tingly (penis) feelings telling you this? I suppose it makes it easier for you to imagine that your desires just happen to align with the people you wish to inflict them on
>>
>>25671140
>>25671168
So do you think a 18 yo adult girl has or not the agency to fuck a 24 guy? Answer yes or no.
>>
>>25667846
I pursue him and he's 18 years older. I've tried everything and so deeply in love my heart actually aches. He keeps pushing me away and telling me I don't know what love is and I need to find a guy my age and blah blah blah. Hes wrong I took one of his shirts and sleep in it every night but his smell is wearing off it so I need to take another.
>>
>>25671216
> That explains a lot. It's easier to not seem like a manchild when you aren't dating a peer
I still don’t see the problem though? Why would I want to date and spend my life with a peer? That’s what my bros are for. The best part is that when you date less established is that you begin to realize that women are easily replaceable and they sense that too. They know you could replace them in an instant so they work hard to please you and will never nag at you over stupid shit because like I said, you’re the one holding the steering wheel.
I’m just curious what you find so bad about that? What is an ideal relationship to you? Buying a house together and posting a family photo with the dog posing in the middle on Facebook?
>>
>>25667859
Then why is it okay in most places around the world for a 16 year old (a "minor") to still fully be able to consent to sex with an adult?
>>
File: 1642224955928.png (574 KB, 750x859)
574 KB
574 KB PNG
>>25671216
>you MUST settle for your wasted peer or you're the child chud
When will y'all learn men and women are different
>>
>>25668969
Even more of a reason to ignore what the fuckers are saying. Most of their shit is just to get attention, not to find the truth about anything.
>>
File: impregnate.jpg (200 KB, 1581x2048)
200 KB
200 KB JPG
can we stop pretending it's unnatural to be attracted to healthy teenage girls in their prime? nobody wants to fuck a 30 year old withered hunk of a roastie. but keep coping.
>>
File: meteor_hammer.jpg (521 KB, 958x900)
521 KB
521 KB JPG
>>25671857
I think it's bad because the last thing a young woman needs is a big dicking. She should be cultivating compassion and empathy or she'll have a bitter end.,
>>
>>25667859
idk my coworkers were bitching about a 25 year old mutual friend dating an 18 year old the other day. Which is hilarious given that another coworker they're good friends with has a fourteen year age gap between herself and her husband.

They also all freaked out when a German coworker referred to me (27) and another coworker (17) as a "cute couple" jokingly. The confusion on his face as they told him how inappropriate that was despite that not even being illegal here was palpable.
>>
>>25671165
>Age, experience, maturity
ie things women like in men lmao
>you're very sure about this aren't you?
Unless he's trying to get her into investing then yes. Anything sex related is absolutely not beyond the power of a man her own age.
>I bet these hags are super mad
Clearly.
>>
>>25671392
Most 16 year olds are sexually mature and if they want to fuck a 26 year old, why does the state need to declare it rape? It’s only in modern history a 16 year old would be considered a child.
>>
>>25670216
>Parents cool with it?
her mum likes me a lot because I bring stability to her. Her ex-bf was a weed smoking weirdo.
>>
File: 1642212342176.png (223 KB, 1133x1198)
223 KB
223 KB PNG
>>25669023
Fixed that for you
>>
>>25672037
Feminism. Bitter childless women approaching the wall at 30 want to push that lower limit higher and higher.
>>
>>25671182
you are a moron.
>>
>>25671165

>Age, experience, maturity

What experiences in particular are to talking about that allow me to exert power over her? What is the magic trick that I learned about in the last eight years that allows me to control a person's kind that she is her to discover?

>You're very sure about this aren't you?

Perhaps give a counterexample? An 18-year-old male will also be physically larger than her, meaning that if he were a bad guy, he could hurt her if he wanted. He could also use guilt to pressure her into sex just as easily as an older male. What's the magic ability I the potential to use here that a younger guy doesn't? Abusers can be any age. Hell, if anything, if something DID happen, the 18-year-old male would be more likely to be left off the hook if reporter because "he's got his whole life ahead of him, he just made a mistake." If I did something wrong and it were reported, I'm more likely to have the book thrown at me.

>So you got older and figured "hey, it's pretty good for my ego to have a starry eyed youngster look up to me. I bet these hags are super mad that I'm dating a person who doesn't know why my flaws are flaws yet"

She doesn't "look up to me." She's not a little sister, for chrissakes. It's a normal-ass dynamic we have, except she's also really hot. Yeah, maybe it adds to my satisfaction that this makes the kind of 33-year-old girl who says shit like "it's okay if I don't go to the gym, I'm self-care can be eating Ben and Jerry's instead" every day as an excuse for having a paunch seethe.
>>
>>25670024
they could give greater opportunities for abuse, but you could just simply not abuse the other person
>>
>>25671140
I was less experienced in life that I am now, but I have a lot more in common with my 18yo self than not. Why is it bad that there's an imbalance if it isn't being exploited?
>>
>>25671182
>young adult lusting over a young adult
:o

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.