[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

[Advertise on 4chan]


Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.


[Advertise on 4chan]


Is it ever too late to join the Christian faith?
>>
>>25662562
I'm 29 and only really jumped back on the Jesus train last year. the real question is why would it be too late? what would qualify as too late in your mind? What does 'too late' even imply? Like you won't get into heaven?
>>
>>25662562
Gettin' there.
>>
>>25662562
Absolutely not. Even before your death it isn't to late.
>>
Nah you going to hell boy
>>
>>25662562
I personnally am sorta leaning towards christianity, but I remain pretty agnostic. Rather be a religious man who doubts than an atheist who's sure of himself
>>
>>25662789
What's wrong with being sure? Death is certain, so imagine making life decisions on something you don't 100% believe in.
>>
>>25662789
Find yourself a small, traditional church. I even managed to find one even in Massachusetts, they exist! If you can't find one, try to get in touch with someone you can trust who can help. I saw small because you are going to want to have a pastor (or priest if catholic) who is able to personally connect with you. Traditional means that the church puts God first and focuses heavily on repentance. Repent!

Also hymns are infinitely better than today's "progressive" worship teams
>>
>>25662833
Sure, however regarding God, I think it is fundamentally impossible to be sure or unsure of its existence. I personnaly belive at 80% chance he exists, in some form or another. I believe there's something after death, and that it's not eternal suffering, but you can't know. I don't believe there is one true religion or church, since most people are part of a religion for historical reasons (their ancestors converted for x reasons), and while I believe God can reveal himself to humans, they interpret him differently. Is he one or many? Is there a role for prophets, or Jesus? These are questions I haven't found the answer to, however I'm still searching. I don't practice any religion (I was baptized as a catholic, however my parents and most people where I live are nominally catholic but mostly secular atheists)
>>
>>25662562
Nope

Jesus is a pretty rad dude
>>
any point after Constantine, when it gave up its original meaning to serve state power
>>
No. That is a big part of the faith, its never to late.
>>
No.
>>
never too late, just make sure you're doing ot for the right reason. don't be a coping tradcel
>>
>>25662562
It's simple: get in touch with a church in your city, get catechised, get baptized and/or confirmed, cut off the vices and bad influences in your life and live the new one.
>>
>>25662876
Repentence is false doctrine because it is works-based salvation, but other than that anon is absolutely right.
>>
Anon
Please look into the Catholic orthodox and prodistan churches. We all worship the same god and belive most of the same stuff but learn enough that you are making the right choice.
>>
>>25664133
Be an Episcopalian.
>>
>>25662562
Yeah. If you die first.
>>
>>25664279
That's just an amerifart sect with catholic aesthetics but with no apostolic power and lacking good music and manpower
>>
>>25664118
You literally need to repent in order to be saved. Stop being a demon.
>>
>>25662562
I encourage more people to become Christian. I'm not sure I've ever met anyone other than myself who can consistently be a good and reasonable person without believing they'll be judged and rewarded by a higher power in an afterlife.
Leads me to look down on other people, but I'm getting real fucking tired of your collective dumb bitch behavior, so I'd infinitely prefer you just become Christians.
>>
>>25664118
Wtf you mean by works-based? I think you’re confusing the word penance for repentance.
>>
>>25663374
*Augustine

Reminder the concept of the Trinity is literal Hinduist heresy edited in post to help the religion seem more familiar and ritualistic and spread more easily. Also Saint worship is idolatry. Jesus never said anything about saints and only chose the apostles and some disciples. He even kept Judas in once it was revealed to him by his heavenly father that he would be betrayed. The apostles were human and imperfect sinners; the saints are just people the political/governmental organization known as the catholic church wished to promote and honor. Many were great people - some were not.

Remember, the early churches in Rome ans beyond were all home fellowships. That was the way of the Christ, not the hollow chanting pomp of a Roman conqueror's passion project, not a cathedral, not a mass.
>>
>>25664298
No apostolic power (that means no Pope, right?) is one of the main reasons I'm leaning that way instead of Catholic.
I am mostly ignorant and probably talking out my ass but I don't like the idea that some plain jane mortals (college of cardinals) pick some guy to be the boss of the religion. God can tell me what to do no problem, but the Pope is a human same as me.
>>
>>25662562
Eventually yes. The Bible teaches that someone who knows the truth of God, but rejects him for lies will eventually have their heart hardened by God and be given over to a reprobate mind, which makes them the most wicked type of people. This includes pedos, fags, serial killers, etc


The solution is to get saved NOW! You can be 100% sure you’re going to heaven by watching this video. It’s the most important doctrine of Christianity

https://youtu.be/sEawcSFuCTw
>>
>>25662562

No. You can literally repent and convert and come to Christ on your deathbed. It is never too late as long as you are still breathing and are still of sound enough mind to make the decision for Christ.
>>
>>25664683
isnt the surefire way to get saved literally just believing in jesus and his sacrifice and doing your best to not stray too far from being a good person

a youtube video seems too modern idk if the jews and romans had access to the internet
>>
File: waitingfor you.jpg (50 KB, 480x638)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>
File: Christ.png (2.65 MB, 1346x1794)
2.65 MB
2.65 MB PNG
>>25662562
Its never too late,
thats a big part of Christianity
Its not about you, its about what Jesus did
All you have to do is accept his gift freely given
>>
I’m a former follower who got really fed up with my fundie Baptist church and parents, who were pretty judgmental of other denominations and did the whole “no sex, no alcohol” routine. I’m not really rebellious or anything, I still live pretty conservatively but my church acts like it’s the only group of people on earth who know the way to heaven. I kinda want to go back to believing because I find the environment and people familiar and comforting, plus dating “normal” girls has never worked out for me. Lack of success in dating shouldn’t be the reason I go back to believing in God though
>>
>>25665088
Your idea of the gospel is false. Not to pick on you, but Satan has tricked many through his preachers that you have to work to get or maintain salvation.

The YouTube video is just some dude showing you from the Bible how to get to heaven, something people have done since the days of Adam and Eve

>>25665294
> still live pretty conservatively but my church acts like it’s the only group of people on earth who know the way to heaven
Generally speaking yes, they are correct. The Baptists and those who share their salvation doctrine are literally the only ones who know (and accept it anyway).

The Bible teaches most people are going to hell (broad is the way to destruction) and even among those who claim the name of Jesus, many will hear “I never knew you”

You need to get saved so you have that certainty from the Bible that no matter what you do, you’re going to heaven.
>>
>>25665327
>that you have to work to get or maintain salvation.
didn't really make that claim

my understanding is that you have to accept jesus christ and god, and that making a good effort to live according to christian principles (taking into consideration cultural divergence which im sure an all powerful being would understand) is not work or maintenance to ensure salvation, but an extension of the original acceptance
>>
File: 1477053335906.jpg (98 KB, 409x409)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>25665327
>that no matter what you do, you’re going to heaven.
cant satan go to heaven then
>>
>>25665335
What you’re saying is works salvation even if you don’t see it that way.

When you say “extension of the original acceptance”, you are not making a distinction between trusting the sacrifice of Christ to save you and doing works (“good effort to live according to Christian principles”) to please God.

The Bible teaches that the person that does no works (the person who doesn’t even make an attempt to live like a proper Christian), but believes on the sacrifice of Jesus Christ has his faith counted for righteousness, that means his faith is enough to go to heaven despite his actions.

Romans 4:5
> 5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

>>25665340
Jesus’s sacrifice was for humans, not angels (fallen or otherwise)
>>
>>25665327
>Generally speaking yes, they are correct
Yes my particular church located in rural Ohio is the only group of Christians going to heaven. This is why Baptists aren’t taken seriously.
>>
File: 1633730377970.gif (3.59 MB, 334x298)
3.59 MB
3.59 MB GIF
>>25665359
> 5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

that seems to make a complete and utter mockery of all the rules lawyering that jews do, if everything they do to live by their interpretation of the abrahamic god while living how they want, gets simply btfo by one line in the bible

but thats going on a tangent

the line you've quoted is interesting though, it's like a gamble of faith within a gamble of faith

it's not enough that you must believe in god and jesus christ, you must believe that they are willing to forgive all no matter what you do
>>
>>25665361
That’s not what I said. I said those who hold the Baptist doctrine of Once Saved Always Saved are the only ones going to heaven. But you knew that and are just twisting my words.

>>25665379
Yeah you’re getting it. That’s the stumbling block of true Biblical Christianity.

It’s literally as easy as asking Jesus to save you once you’ve understood and believed that his death burial and resurrection covers all of your sins, past, present, and future.

You must be thinking
>If it’s so easy, why don’t people accept it?
Pride, the sin of Lucifer. People get mad and think “well that guys going to heaven and I’m better than him so I won’t accept it” which is why they try to mix living a good life (which none of them do).

This is why Jesus said unless you become as a little child, you won’t enter heaven.

Matthew 18:3
> And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Children are humble. If you give them an Xbox they’ll just thank you and not try to pay you for it. They’ll just take the free gift.

Now, SHOULD you do good works?
Absolutely, the Bible is clear you should do works because they please God,

But, MUST you do good works to go to heaven/be saved?
No, the Bible is clear it’s just believing on Jesus Christ.

Acts 16:30-31
> 30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
Notice he asked what MUST he do to be saved, what are the requirements?

>31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
Notice the answer is just faith. Not a single “live a good life, etc”
>>
I'm having a hard time having faith since I realized that the decisions of my devoted mother were retarded and impacted my family in bad ways.
I just lost the ability to have faith at all.
>>
>>25665949
Faith comes by hearing the Word of God

If you’re going to give it up, why not give it at least one more chance?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEawcSFuCTw
>>
>>25665965
Not really giving anything up. Just feels immenesly hollow without hope. I'll give it a go.
>>
>>25665965
This dude has said if you ever did gay shit to kill yourself. I did gay shit in college and regret it (thanks porn addiction). By the doctrine he preaches there is no hope for me and I should just kill myself.
>>
>>25665999
Do you lust after the same sex?
>>
>>25662562
It's never too late.
>>
>>25666026
Yes sometimes I lust after the same sex as well as opposite sex. Still a porn addict unfortunately. I did the whole being saved ritual of the prayer and genuinely believed it. Thought I was past that stuff for a few months. Started seeing demons in my dreams again and since then haven't been able to stay on the wagon.
>>
>>25666075
Well the Bible is pretty clear as I’ve mentioned earlier that listing after the same sex is a vile affection which is proof God gave up on you a la Romans 1. This means you are a reprobate and that you lied about believing.

You can say prayers all you want, but if you don’t believe them or have the right gospel they won’t help you.

You’re either lying about being a sodomite or being a believer and frankly I don’t care to personally know what you are. Regardless I can say for sure, you know your fate.
>>
It’s never too late moron. If you don’t ever change your ways however then it is too late.
>>
>>25666136
Could being a bastard have something to do with it? Never had a chance? I don't want to be this way. I have had dreams and demonic encounters where I called on the name of Christ and was protected. This past year was the first year too where i didn't relapse into sex addiction in the fall, only porn, so I've made progress in that area since I began my path as a christian. I think my lack of prayer is my biggest obstacle at this point.
>>
>>25666193
Meant for >>25666131
>>
>>25662562
No, even Satanists can turn to Christ. God forgives all who seek him and repent for their sins. God is more powerful than any force or entity in the Universe.
>>
>>25662562
never too late. Thats what forgiveness is about.
>>
>>25664303
>>25664316
If you’re relying on your repentance to save you it’s false doctrine. The only thing that saves us is belief in Jesus Christ. Believing that your attempt to turn away from sin is what saves you is believing in your own works instead of the grace of Christ.
>>
No

it's never to late to pacify yourself to delusion
>>
>>25667033
Exactly why I left
>>
>>25667033
It is, you are evidence as you believe the universe came from nothing by magic
>>
>>25664408
Before Christ God picked priests for the people of Israel. Christ Himself picked the Apostles to lead on the new believers. It's not about what you want or think it should be, you're irrelevant. That decision to rebel to His Church will cost you the eternal life. It was never about "personal relationship" as amerifarts memed it.
>Not every one that saith to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven: but he that doth the will of my Father who is in heaven, he shall enter into the kingdom of heaven.
>>
>>25667318
>Cost you eternal life
You don’t know what eternal means. Eternal means….forever. Everlasting is also another word used to describe salvation (forever lasting, ever lasting).

If you lost it, it wasn’t eternal. Thus if you could lose it, it’s not truly eternal.

The Bible says
>He that believe on me has everlasting life
Has is present tense. That means the moment you beleive on him, you have it and you have it forever. If you had “everlasting life”, but lost it, it wasn’t really everlasting.
>>
>>25667374
Outside of His Church there is no salvation, just as there was no salvation from the Deluge outside of one single Ark. You were warned.
>>
>>25667406
whats the church

how can someone living with no possibility of finding the human institution called a church be denied salvation
>>
>>25667406
>Completely ignores the Bible verse I posted and gives the doctrines of man
Catholics are a joke
>>
>>25667447
It is the Mystical Body of Christ conformed by the believers leaded by His designed sucessors i.e the Apostles i.e the Bishops. Outside of such body there is no grace thus no salvation.
>>25667471
Ah, yes. I recall when God gave printed instructions for everyone before the Deluge to build little boats with different names and rules. The Deluge and the Ark was an image/warning of what will happen in the Judgment day, not a random event.
>>
is marriage between a catholic and an atheist or agnostic valid in the catholic church? can you date a woman who doesn't practice any faith?
>>
>>25667318
I was a skeptic/atheist for a couple decades. I took the leap of faith and chose to believe in God and Christ somehow, but I'm not accepting one particular religion uncritically.
>>
>>25669757
It is valid but you need it to sort it out with the priest months beforehand with the proper paperwork. They need the baptism/confirmation certificate on both persons or their exemptions and such. They will advice you against interreligious marriage and obviously tell you to baptize the kids and teach them on the faith but they will let you marry. I don't recommend it tho.
>>
>>25669809
why do you not recommend it? I would think if both people agree to all things needed such as baptism and the paperwork etc then it would be fine, no?
>>
>>25666449
No, repent or perish. If you want to enter into life keep the commandments. If a wicked man turns from his wicked ways and do whats right he will live. Those who endure unto the end will be saved.

Abide in christ, or you will be cut off, wither and BURNT.

But IF and that servant decide to be wicked, get drunk and beat the other servants, the Lord will come on a day he dont expect and CUT HIM IN HALF and give him a place amongst the unbelievers.

And so he became the author of salvation to all of those WHO OBEY HIM

The unforgiving servant. Forgive others or you will not be forgiven. If you deny Jesus before men, he will deny you before his father.

and so on and so on. All liars will have their part in the lake of fire. ALL, including christians. OSAS is the most retarded, inverted, satanic doctrine existing right now.
>>
>>25669832
Because it makes harder to have a good household and will arise temptations in the future: if she's the atheist and proabortion she could take anticonceptive pills in secret or even abort the child, she would not see divorce as immoral while you do, she would not be wary of consuming improper media in the house, when the kids grow up she could advice them in favor of porn, fornication, homosexuality, etc.
>>25669794
It would be illogical to have very precise and descriptive revelations of God without a single true religion above the others.
>>
>>25669840
> If you want to enter into life keep the commandments.
If you still have to keep the commandments to get to heaven then what was the point of Jesus sacrificing himself for our sins? If you believe that it’s your lack of sin that gets you into heaven then you are placing faith in your own actions instead of Jesus Christ. Any works-based salvation doctrine is blasphemy, plain and simple.

Should you go out and sin, absolutely not, but believing that your salvation depends on “repenting” and following the commandments is insane. You can’t tell me you’ve never sinned since you’ve believed.
>>
>>25670281
>then what was the point of Jesus sacrificing himself for our sins?
NTA but will put it on formula for protties
Not Jesus sacrifice = everyone's sins are unforgiven = Nobody can go to Heaven
Jesus sacrifice = sins can be forgiven = People can go to Heaven
Unforgiven sins = Hell
Forgiven sins = Heaven
Sins are forgiven by Grace each at a time. Jesus' Death let the Grace in the world.
>If you love me keep my commandments
John 14, 15
>As the Father hath loved me, I also have loved you. Abide in my love. If you keep my commandments, you shall abide in my love; as I also have kept my Father's commandments, and do abide in his love.
John 15, 9&10
>>
>>25662562
No, judgement hasn’t happened yet, but now is the time to learn!

We invite you

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/request-a-visit/

Have a qualified person tell you the truth.you have no shame in asking.

We will help teach you how to read the Bible and help you strengthen your relationship with God.

Hope I helped
>>
come to islam unironically anon, we are not terrorists nor evil. Do some research about islam and compare it with christianity, many familiar things.

And with all due respect to christians, the Quran is more real since it hasnt been rewritten.

Again anon please check it out :)
>>
>>25670414
This is foolish and introduces unneeded vagueness in a person’s certainty in their salvation. If what you say is true and one must obey the commandments to be saved, there are only two outcomes. Either everyone is going to hell because we have all sinned even after turning to Christ, or you must follow the commandments to a certain point to be saved, which begs the question of how sincerely one has to follow them to be saved. How does one know if they have been sincere enough?
>>
>>25662562
Yes, at death it becomes too late.
>>
>>25670635
>which begs the question of how sincerely one has to follow them to be saved.
You receive Grace from valid sacrament of the Confession, that is with the honesty in your heart without hiding any mortal sin. Doing so you have the moral certainty that all your current sins were forgiven because Jesus Christ Himself instructed so to the Apostles:
>He said therefore to them again: Peace be to you. As the Father hath sent me, I also send you. When he had said this, he breathed on them; and he said to them: Receive ye the Holy Ghost.
>Whose sins you shall forgive, they are forgiven them; and whose sins you shall retain, they are retained.
John 20, 21-23.
He was clear that not having them forgiven means you will not be saved. The early Church confirms it, alluding the priests role:
>Is any man sick among you? Let him bring in the priests of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith shall save the sick man: and the Lord shall raise him up: and if he be in sins, they shall be forgiven him.
>Confess therefore your sins one to another: and pray one for another, that you may be saved. For the continual prayer of a just man availeth much.
James 5, 14-16
>>25670586
What was substantially rewritten? We have the old copies of the Septuagint and the New Testament.
>>
>>25662562
If you need us to tell you what to think, then you fit there very well.
Just don't fall for a cult that LARPs as some Christian salvation church so you don't die like a retard
>>
>>25670684
Admitting to sins and not committing them in the first place are two seperate things. You’re moving goalposts.

Let’s get down to brass tacks, the Bible says that Jesus came to give us eternal life through faith in him. If you can lose that, it was never really eternal to begin with.
>>
>>25667589
> I recall when God gave printed instructions for everyone before the Deluge to build little boats with different names and rules.
You really want to compare the Catholic “church” with Noah and his family? To my knowledge, Noah never had a problem keeping his hands off children.
God didn’t choose Noah for his self-righteousness and arrogance, God chose Noah for his devotion to God and his upstanding moral character, both traits that the Catholic church has had a troubled relationship with.
>>
>>25662562
Nope. Just be a hedonist all your life, then convert on your deathbed (Puritans hate this one weird trick)
>>
>>25662562
I'm an atheist. But because I think It'll be fun as hell, when I turn 90 I'll convert to JW and ride the loony train for a few years then peace out.

Funny, my captcha had the letters JW.
>>
>>25662789
great perspective
>>
>>25671972
His words were clear in both of my posts. You need to both confess your sins and keep His commandments in order to be saved, you're willfully ignoring His words for some rethoric argument.
Protestants are not part of the Church and they don't confess validly their sins, so their sins keep retained as He said and they all go to hell.
>>
>>25662562
If you ever feel genuine regret or feel that you have very genuinely missed out on gods love so far in your life and you do truly want it you are still able to be saved but it takes a lot of introspection you cant lie to yourself and you cant lie to god
>>
>>25672500
For that I think it would be funnier to go with the mormons, their temples are creepier and they do secret handshake rituals.
>>
How do you find a church? Do I just have to go to a bunch and see how they are? I’ve never been to church, what time do they usually have service?
>>
>>25674146
They're open pretty much all day unless you live in a violent shithole or they got cucked by covid measures. Sunday is the day with most liturgic services but they do it the rest of the week too.
>>
>>25662562
yes, you've sinned too much already. burn in hell
>>
>>25662562
While you're still alive right now ? no, if you're asking about age it's also never too late. However after you die and when Jesus comes back it will be too late, however that hasn't happened yet. We still have time. Just repent and accept jesus then start reading scripture, I highly recommend this plan:

https://truthunedited.com/study/reading-bible-roadmap/
>>
wish i could find a Christian vegan amenable to cannabis use

if i don't i will be alone forever
>>
>>25674346
You will be alone forever, there are no christian basis for veganism, and weed is widely seen as degenerate.
>>
>>25665359
>the person who doesn’t even make an attempt to live like a proper Christian

I thought it was more that the individual who believes in christ will naturally do works through his belief. Since most of mens works come from their hearts, if Christ changes your heart your works change too. But true, the pharisees are an example of people that do "works" but a far from God.

>>25665340
To be super pedantic he stills goes into Heaven and will in future, he talks to God about Job will fight with his fallen angels against the archangel and the other angels.
>>
>>25674404
> there are no christian basis for veganism
there is, the bible teaches us to be kind to animals

for millennia we needed animals to survive but that is no longer the case, and even if it was no Christian should be ok with or monetarily support the factory farming of animals and the cruelty associated with it

> weed is widely seen as degenerate
hash smoking is in Isaiah and cannabis is one of the ingredients in holy anointing oil

the bible teaches us to not get drunk and intoxicated, but it also encourages drinking in a responsible way, i have the same attitudes towards cannabis.
>>
>>25665419
>Yeah you’re getting it. That’s the stumbling block of true Biblical Christianity.

I'm still working on this, It was a huge stumbling block in the beginning when i tried to do work each day to try and "appease" God in some way but that will never happen, that's not how it works. In my fleshly mind i believed this was a good thing, it's only after talking to a brother who had a similar start and realising that it's not by works but by grace that I began to slowly understand the beauty of God's gift to us. Humans don't deserve this but because of God's mercy we receive it anyway. Understanding this changed my view of it a lot. My advice to new believers (even though I am one) would be to try to understand scripture and the meaning of following Christ and his sacrifice fully, and not to lean on your own understanding but the bible's. Speaking to maturer believers is very helpful too.
>>
>>25666075
Asking for prayers from other believers is useful too. Seeing that in your sleep is nothing to just ignore. I remember having similar issues when I would close my eyes or try to sleep for over a month, it took me 3 months i believe before I start sleeping with the lights off again. What really helped i believe is prayer from more mature believers in the faith. Did you:

>Read the bible ?
>Find fellowship ?
>Continue with prayer ?

These are all very important in your spiritual walk


Suicide is unbiblical so dont listen to people that promote it.
>>
>>25674463
Genesis teaches us that we're the pinnacle of the Creation, and that we were given power over all animals and plants to do as we see fit because we represent God on this world. All the sacred characters ate meat all their lives, Jesus ate meat as well and He declared that all animals are pure i.e we're allowed to eat them (Mark 7, 17-19)
>>
>>25666193
Not sure, my mother and father were also not married, but i don't have issues with that. I still struggle with porn but most men/women do. I remember asking God for a Godly, intelligent, beautiful wife and getting the sense that masturbation was hindering that quite a bit, so i need to stop, and probably will starting today.

We're you also on drugs ever ? I've had similar experiences on weed, I felt like there were things watching and attacking me, I also had weird writing being put into my mind until I called on jesus which seemed to hurt whatever it was that was attacking me.

Never do drugs, even "mundane" ones like weed. Maybe alcohol is fine since you can drink without getting drunk. But i think they might open you up to things.

>I think my lack of prayer is my biggest obstacle at this point.

You can work on this.
>>
>>25662562
no. literally all you need to is get baptized and repent of all your sin. you'll be walking on clouds. you want ever want to go back to your old self. i cant explain it any other way...

alot of people will hate you tho, so get ready for friends to turn away from you. but you'll meet new people who are way smarter.
>>
>>25674528
we're still taught to be kind to them, and imo the ultimate kindness is to help preserve their habitats and no longer take their lives because we no longer need to in order to survive
>>
>>25662562
No
Just don't become an asshole to others when you do. Christians who don't try to live as virtuously as Jesus are hypocrites
>>
>>25674544
wont* ever want to go back to your old self.

>>25662562
anon i could not have given up my addictions with out Christ. I had a horrible porn addiction all my adolescent life. I'm free from that and it's almost surreal to think back on it.
>>
>>25674548
The Creation is good but it was made for our sake, not for it's own sake. Environmentalist extremists think otherwise because they are godless and don't accept the human dignity. Fasting on meat is good but for spiritual perfection, for God's sake, not for the animals' sake that's borderline zoolatry. Environmentalists (Gaians) are new pagans.
>>
>>25674557
This! So much this!
>>
>>25669757
>>25669809
>>25669832

I'm not sure about proceedings in the Catholic church, but scripture states to not be unequally yoked, and I would say it's a sin, but once you are married, you as the believer sanctify your spouse, so its best to not get divorced after.

Here are the verses:
>2 Corinthians 6:14 - 16
>14Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?
> 15What accord has Christ with Belial?b Or what portion does a believer share with an unbeliever? >16What agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; as God said,

>1 Corinthians 7:14-16

>14For the unbelieving husband is made holy because of his wife, and the unbelieving wife is made holy because of her husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.
>15But if the unbelieving partner separates, let it be so. In such cases the brother or sister is not enslaved. God has called youb to peace.
>16For how do you know, wife, whether you will save your husband? Or how do you know, husband, whether you will save your wife?
>>
>>25674567
at this point the best way we can use earth is respecting and preserving what biology is left so that we can study it and gain more knowledge

there is much more wealth in the knowledge we have to glean from earth's biology than in what we can exploit from it's physical resources

sans going back to a hunter gather lifestyle killing animals does nothing to help us physically or spiritually
>>
>>25673463
How do you validly confess your sins ? Genuinely asking, I just try to repent during prayer too.
>>
>>25674404
>>25674463
I think if you want to eat vegetables only it's fine, as long as you're not pushing it onto others or saying eating meat is wrong then people can do it.
>>
>>25667318
People like you who hold eternity over people's heads are the reason I hesitate to get into religion. Can't you hear how you sound?
>You better believe the right doctrines otherwise God is going to send you to hell
Meanwhile those doctrines keep getting changed by humans and you have to keep altering your 'sacred' beliefs to catch up. You don't understand the purpose of religion at all. You are the type that would proudly follow Satan right into hell because you have no ability to understand why you believe what you believe. The bible is just a book, and it wasn't written by God.
>>
>>25673463
The leader of your faith is a queer and quite possibly a pedophile, that’s all I need to know about your “faith”.
>>25674596
You confess your sins to God by praying to him and asking for forgiveness. It’s as simple as that, no priest, no hail Marys, just you laying out your wrongs to God and asking for his mercy.
>>
>>25674596
Read the James Epistle. Return back to the Church leaded by the Apostles Christ gave us as shepherds. Receive the sacrament of Confession (if you're already baptized) as we have received it for two millenia and be at peace. That's what Christ said to do.
>>25674754
All the leaders of whatever group your in are in hell for having separated themselves from Christ's Church and His Grace. Read John 20, 21-23
>>
>>25675004
>you must follow my church or die

I don't get it. It's entirely likely the 'one true church' may die out or be subverted or change or adapt or whatever into something completely different in the future. Why would salvation be dependent on the whims of human actions or entirely random events?
>>
>>25662562
i don't think so, tryna fuck this old japanese lady who found god at like 40 and she will do everything but let me put it in because Jesus. i kinda get a kick out of her trying to rationalize it when i say it doesn't make sense.
>>
File: 1629753453406.png (507 KB, 679x423)
507 KB
507 KB PNG
Reject those who insult God by saying he has a son. He neither begets nor is born.
>>
>>25675099
>It's entirely likely the 'one true church' may die out
That's not true. Christ Himself promised Peter to assist His Church to resist until the End in Matthew 16:18 (Hades shall not prevail, Hades refers to both the demonic powers and "dying out"). The Church is Holy because Her author is the Divine Master, thus we have been prevailing all these centuries while the heretic groups divide themselves into hundreds of sects and die out. Jesus talked about you in Matthew 12:30. As I said before in this thread, the Church is like the Ark: there is only one and the reprobates that mock Her and keep themselves out will all perish.
Why do you cite the Epistles if you don't believe in the promises of Our Lord?
>>25675238
Convert and believe in the Gospel.
>>
File: Maryam 19-34.png (98 KB, 1202x829)
98 KB
98 KB PNG
>>25675272
Oh I believe in the gospel, the one Jesus brought, not your latin mess
>>
File: photo.jpg (76 KB, 900x900)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
Roosh V, the former PUA, converted to Christianity (Eastern Orthodox) at the age of 39. Think he's with ROCOR now
>>
>>25675304
>31 Behold thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and shalt bring forth a son; and thou shalt call his name Jesus.
>32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the most High; and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of David his father; and he shall reign in the house of Jacob for ever.
33 And of his kingdom there shall be no end.
34 And Mary said to the angel: How shall this be done, because I know not man? 35 And the angel answering, said to her: The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the most High shall overshadow thee. And therefore also the Holy which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
This is what Jibrail said to Miriam. 8 centuries later Satan took Jibrail's name before Mohammed to invert or parody this.
>>
>>25662562
Don't know why but hey, do what you want. As long as you're willing to put in for real and not out of desperation or because you think you'll be rewarded. It's not too late to become Christian. In the bible, Constantine was on his death bed when he became a Christian. If he was able to do that and be saved, you're going to be alright.
>>
>>25675099
> Why would salvation be dependent on the whims of human actions or entirely random events?
Catholics are deluded into believing that despite their church having changed several core doctrines, they are somehow unchanged from the time of the apostles.
>>
>>25662562
Jesus isn't something you just return to out of convenience or because you're bored. go to hell
>>
>>25677400
You just want Jesus for yourself, you selfish sewer rat.
>>
>>25675371
Not a great example
>>
>>25662562
Christianity is a jewish psy-op
>>
Any Christian equivalent of ego death/starting a new life?
>>
>>25677991
being born again
>>
>>25662562
just join the christian orthodox faith. There are less butterflies and less distractions than whatever that church does
>>
>>25677400
Jesus loves you and will accept you if you accept Him. He is benevolent and wants to save people's souls, not condemn them out of spite.
>>
>>25662562
No, it's never too late!



Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.