[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: download (13).jpg (432 KB, 1658x2000)
432 KB
432 KB JPG
A few days ago I asked out my crush. She rejected me by saying that she is not dating at the moment. It was the firs time I ever asked out a girl. I was devastated. When I saw her in class the next day I tried to avoid her and pretend I never saw her. I felt so guilty and felt like an asshole. I had knots in my stomach for the past few days. I felt like I was going to throw up constantly too. Today I decided to sit beside her and write a note explaining how I since it was my first rejection I did not know how to take it and whoever gets her will be a very lucky man. After class she folded up the note and put it into her purse. She then had a conversation with me and said I was a really lovely guy who is easy to talk to etc and that the note was very sweet and how the girl who gets me will be very lucky. When I was walking home I felt this horrible feeling that was eating me up inside disappear. Now all I want to do is cry a little. I just want to know if I did the right thing?
>>
>>25358885

1. Her rejecting you had nothing to do with what you said or wrote.
2. Don't ever talk to her again.
3. It doesn't matter.
>>
I've had this happen to me too, anon. You did do the right thing. You asked her out, she rejected you, and then you became upset. So you decided to have a conversation about it to clear some things up. That's good. I did this with my previous crush and she was really nice about it and told me that I was a good guy, but that she wasn't looking for a bf at the time. I went home and felt like shit for a couple of days, but then I eventually got over it and grew as a person. I'm now a little less afraid of getting rejected by women. You seem like a good guy, anon. I hope you find the one. I also hope that you can grow and come out of this situation as a better person.
>>
>>25358885
It sounds like she's very understanding. Everyone experiences rejection in their lives, this was a good gentle lesson for you.
>>
>>25358885
Yeah, man. It's actually pretty cool that she gave the time to console you about the endeavor. I think any other girl would have just ignored it and pretended it never happened. Congrats on your first rejection, anon! It's better than most. Eventually, you will get better, but for now, you need to understand that not every fish likes the bait you throw in the water. One day, you'll get a catch and it could be a trophy fish or something small, but that's all a part of dating.
>>
File: 1637696730270.jpg (98 KB, 1280x720)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
The feeling you are experiencing is growth. This will be something you look back on in a few years and smile about. This girl was very nice - some girls would have taken advantage of you.

Well done for shooting your shot anon, that took courage. There will be more rejections like this in the future, but you have what it takes to make it. Keep pushing, keep taking shots like this.

And yes, I'm sure everyone else will continue to echo this too, but forget about her. She's simply not into you. I bet there have been girls that crushed on you that you didn't feel similarly for - how much attention and thought did you give them? Barely any. You're on the receiving end this time. Don't let it knock you off course. Everything will be fine.

If you would like to understand why this is such a good thing, think about this:
Failure teaches you more than success.
Fail faster and more often, and you will make it.
>>
>>25358949

Best post. Actually explains context unlike my shitpost here >>25358923
>>
>>25358926
>>25358928
>>25358929
>>25358949
Thanks guys, I suppose it was nice to get some closure from it. I will try and grow from this ordeal. Though I do wish I had decided to grow my sociall links in college rather than focus on her. There's still plenty of time in the year to do that.
>>
>>25358885
>After class she folded up the note and put it into her purse.
Okay why would she do this than just toss it into a bin or something? Also you did do the right thing dude. You're more brave than me
>>
>>25358923
this
>>
>>25358885
When you're feeling better you should ask her to set you up with one of her friends

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.