[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: otter stare.jpg (187 KB, 1024x792)
187 KB
187 KB JPG
There's a girl in my class I have a crush on but haven't asked out yet because I'm shy and now the semesters almost over, is it too late? If I do ask her out as soon as Thanksgiving Break ends it will be at most a few weeks before Christmas break starts and we both go home for over a month.
>>
Ask her out anon. The worst she can say is no. It might not be too late, so do it as soon as possible. Have some confidenece and courage and go up and ask her. If she says no, you could try again, but you're better off moving on to someone else. If she says yes, then formulate a plan to go on some dates and get a feel for if you two click or not. You got this anon!
>>
>>25358887
How do I bring up a date naturally in a conversation? And what should I ask her out to?
>>
>>25359006
bump
>>
The best time to ask her out is yesterday. You can't do it so then do it today.
>>
>>25359006
"Hey Karen, I was thinking, would you want to get cofffee with me sometime this week/next week?"
>>
bump
>>
>>25359346
How do I build up to that though? I don't want to just ask out of the blue.
>>
>>25359006
If you're anxious you're just not going to be natural. Do it anyway.

>>25359346
>I was thinking
lol, fucking gay.
>>
>>25360591
well do you know her name? try to start a small conversation about any topic she might be interested. What do you know about her?
>>
>>25358746
Just go up and talk to her, and eventually ask if she could go out with you.
>>
>>25360591
Just do it anyways. If she's already attracted to you I don't think she's gonna care that you just straight up asked her out. And if she isn't attracted then no amount of small talk is gonna make her say yes.
>>
>>25358746
No need to be shy. Everyone needs relationships. It is everybodys' need.

You should ask her out. But do it where noone sees and hears you two. When noone sees, no pressure is applied. And so no shyness. You love her, so why to be shy? It is up to you to invent the way to do it confidentially. I just written a note and showed it to the girl PERSONALLY.
>>
Never think about what if, some advice if you don't want to look like an idiot

Ask her

She says yes fine

She says no say "ok" and walk away nothing more

That way you won't get embarrassed about trying too hard, or letting her feel like she got one over on you.
>>
test
>>
>>25359006
Ask her to hang out the same way you would ask a friend, but when you’re actually hanging out, treat it like a date! This might make you feel less anxious because you’re not going to her from a place of “I’m afraid she’ll reject me”
>>
it might be too late but might as well give it a shot, worst thing that happens is you get practice on how to ask out the next girl
>>
Its the perfect time if you think it might be too awkward to be in the same class as she if/when she rejects you. Do eet. It'll be cute
>>
>>25360591
There's no need for a buildup kiddo. Just outright ask her. If you worry to much about how to swing a conversation towards it then you may never ask her out.
>>
>>25362343
>>25362364
This, I'm rooting for you anon!
>>
>>25358746
Okay faggot. Here's what you're going to do:
You're going to realise that fear won't get you what you want.
If you have a crush, you fucking ask her out.
You're going to realise that sadness won't get you want.
If she says no, you stop feeling your attraction (slowly, since emotions take time to change) and you move on.
You do not fear rejection. You do not feel sad about rejection. You go for it and you accept the consequences.
Suffer the pain of facing your problems instead of the pain of regret. Cowardly avoidant evasive strategies do not lower your social risk, they make you fail slower thereby wasting more time.
>>
>>25359006
>How do I bring up a date naturally in a conversation?
Is this a woman you are already talking to.
If not, you should not have a crush on her, since having a crush on strangers is maladaptive.
If you do talk to her, tell her about your attraction to her when you're discussing sexuality, your desires, or your opinions about other people, as those are common topics that should come up often.
If they aren't coming up often, it's because you're deliberately avoiding those topics.
If you want to know how you can start talking to a random woman, honestly I've never had success with the cold open so I can't help you. I've always shared an interest with them first.
>what should I ask her out to?
Neutral high-visibility location without distractions. Spending time at a beach or park is common.
>>
>>25360828
Exactly. The more fomo incel shy shit you do, the more it'll hurt when you faceplant because of "all that wasted effort bros T_T".
This is why losers believe in the friendzone. Because they're so pants-pissingly terrified of being judged for being sexual that they'll orbit for weeks before they admit it, then that's weeks' worth of wasted effort. And, like the precious little snowflake victims they are, the blame the woman's lack of ESP instead of their own excess of subtlety.
>>
I’m in a situation like this. I have a crush on a guy. We don’t talk much but I feel a strange chemistry. I hope he asks me out because I’m not sure if he has a girlfriend or not.
>>
>>25362784
Haha, nice bait.
>>
>>25358746
Just ask for coffee

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.