[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I know the answer is "You don't" but I thought I'd humiliate myself anyway.
I'm in my 40s and never had a girlfriend. I can barely look after myself. I am not cut out for the real world. Any women that I have met are either too normie or completely batshit insane. There's never any healthy medium. I'm thinking I might just eat a bullet rather than prolong my agony
>>
>>25096162
Start taking care of yourself and fix your life, then a girlfriend might come. I recommend going to the gym, that will help a lot. Also hop on TRT, you're old enough to qualify for TRT and most guys say it completely changes their life. You will feel way better, way more confident, way more energetic, you will want to go to the gym, you will put on muscle faster, your libido will go up and you will be more attractive to women. I'm sure you already have low testosterone so you will definitely qualify.
>>
>>25096175
I don't know a lot about TRT but nothing I've read about it has ever been good.
Also, I've suffered from severe adult acne (particularly cystic acne) and still get the odd breakout. Surely TRT will make that even worse?
>>
>>25096179
What do you mean nothing you've read about it has ever been good? Most guys say it completely changes their lives for the better. Having low testosterone is one of the main causes of depression in men. Boosting your testosterone will completely change your life, you will feel very confident and want to get laid and achieve things. Also if you have bad acne as an adult that is something in your diet, you should address that. If you do TRT and have a decent diet and hygiene you shouldn't get bad acne. TRT is just supposed to bring your testosterone levels back up to the high levels that they would be in your 20s that will make you feel great again. I think it's the one thing that would help you to be honest, your life seems to be in the gutter already, it's at least worth trying. I've never heard of guys having bad experiences with TRT, are you confusing TRT for steroid abuse?
>>
>>25096190
>Having low testosterone is one of the main causes of depression in men
*Citation needed
>>
>>25096194
https://www.bodylogicmd.com/blog/the-connection-between-low-testosterone-and-depression-opens-up-treatment-options-for-men/
>>
>>25096175
Stopped reading at the first sentence.
A girlfriend will not just "come".
An important point of "fixing your life" that is often overlooked is having an active social life. I dont mean the basic normie advice of joining clubs or something, that rarely happens in irl and outside of the USA.
Get work. Get reasonably /fit/. Get good clothes that fit your body (unfit or fit doesnt matter, always buy new clothes). And most important: Start talking to people. At work. At gym. At shops. Get confortable, and then you have to start asking yourself how you want to approach the topic of approaching women. Some feel fine in a club or bar, some prefer the classic "cold" approach of just asking out women. It doesnt matter if someone laughs at you for that, this was the normal way some 20 years ago. Ask older people how it was, and youll see. Youre welcome. Life is never over.
>>
>>25096213
I meant come into his life in more of a metaphorical sense, I didn't mean she would literally come straight to him. Obviously he has to put in the work and find the girl.
>>
>>25096162
>in my 40s and never had a girlfriend
Too late by 20 years.
If you were capable of getting a girlfriend you would have done it by now. You're either unwilling, or more likely incapable of doing what it takes. There is plenty of advice out there on how to be attractive to women and you have been unwilling / unable to do it.
I recommend you forget about women completely and just get on with life as a bachelor.
Buy a dog or a cat.
>>
>>25096201
Nowhere does it say that low testosterone is one of the leading causes of depression.

It's even stated that you shouldn't just get on trt if you're depressed, you should try other stuff too.
>TRT might not be for everyone, and the exact role it plays in depression treatment depends on each individual’s unique situation. If you’re struggling with depression, it’s important to seek comprehensive care—potentially including psychotherapy, psychotropic medication, and guided self-care—from mental health experts.

>Although testosterone treatment emerged as a po- tent therapy for various disorders in hypogonadal men, defined as men with total testosterone levels of 345.82 ng/dL or less (to convert to nanomoles per liter, multiply by 0.0347),11,30,31 randomized placebo-controlled clinical trials (RCTS) of testos- terone treatment in hypogonadal men that examine depressive symptoms have yielded inconsistent results,20,32-34 Results of RCTS investigating testosterone administration to men with MDD do not support this intervention as an effective pressant treatment. However, positive have been reported for some subpopulations of men with depression, such as for men with dys- thymic disorder or HIV or for men with treatment- resistant depression or low testosterone levels.39-

Did you even read the stuff you linked?
>>
>>25096217
Then state that. I see too often posts that say "a girl will come". Very bad writing.
>>
>>25096179
Yes, TRT makes acne worse if you're predisposed to it. Although, if this is something you've had for a long time, how come you haven't done a course of accutane yet?
>>
>>25096239
I think this is the most realistic advice. If you're in your 40s and still a dateless wonder then it's never going to get any better. The only way out of it is winning the lottery and buying a Thai bride. You won't be able to attract women any other way. Women have too many options and they'd rather be single than date an emotionally and socially stunted man-child. Although rather than suffer the indignity of being a sadsack male catlady I'd rather blow my brains out. This is OP btw.
>>
>>25096289
I put off accutane for a long time because of all the horror stories. I took it in my mid-20s and my acne is fine now but when I shave I get a lot of ingrown cysts, especially on my throat area and they take for fucking ever to go.
>>
I'm not sure if categorizing women in two categories of "too normie" and "batshit insane" is going to help you with that. You seem aware of your shortcomings, but it doesn't seem like you're willing to compromise. First you have to fix yourself and learn how to live on your own, how to be happy with yourself. Would you want to be with a girl who sees herself as a failure?
>>
>>25096162
Why do you want a gf in your 40s? Most women your age are wrinkly with baggage. You'd be better off going to SEA, EE, or Latam, and banging young hoes.
>>
>>25096307
I know a lot of girls who claim to be socially anxious, low confidence, alternative etc. but most of them are still pretty sociable and mainstream. Women are generally more social creatures so the ones who aren't normies tend to be lunatics or complete autists.
>>
>>25096295
Having sensitive skin and being susceptible to razor burn is a different issue to adult acne, I.e. sebum over production.

What helped me get fewer shaving bumps was switching to an electric razor. Sometimes I don't don't use the foil, just use the trimmer attachment to "buzz" your beard down to soft stubble. If you want to be clean shaved perhaps even look into laser hair removal.
>>
I'm 30 and headed down the same path. Never had sex or been on a date. I'm barely functioning every day and just wish I could sleep each day away or just die. My career is going down the drain but I have to keep straggling to make end's meet so I don't end up homeless. I've been to a mental hospital twice already and have tried so many drugs and therapists over the years. Recently I tried a low dosage of psilocybin but didn't get much out of the trip. It's so frustrating seeing sex 24/7 everywhere and how I'm completely missing out. I feel like a complete outsider, like I wasn't meant to have a genuine human experience in life. I try to get better each day and self-improve but it just feels like nothing has changed for decades, except I can buy more expensive things. Sometimes I slip back and wipe out any progress because of the depression so it just makes it harder. I don't know what to do anymore. I honestly feel despair most days and that things will never get better. I'm already 30 so time is running out. What's one more useless human life, if I kill myself then nothing will happen, the world will go on like normal. I'm just another cog that can get replaced. I'm tired of life honestly
>>
>>25096162
You know the answer. The real question is when you're gonna stop thinking and start doing.
Advice is pointless if your perception does not align with reality. Fix that first, and everything will fall into place.
>>
>>25096162
Pegasisters. The female equivalent of Bronies, is where man children find their GFs. I've seen some absolute fugly dudes get married to equally fugly girls, but at least they're married to someone they love.
>>
>>25096162
>I'm in my 40s and never had a girlfriend.
I'm sorry, dude, but if you've made it to your 40s without having had a single girlfriend, it is simply too late. You need to resign yourself to the fact that it is never going to happen, and look for other ways to make your life more fulfilling.
>>
>>25097538
Thanks bro. I know which path to take.
>>
How is your 40’s too late to have a girl?

Do people forget just how many women like older men?
>>
>>25098048
If the older man's a Chad, not an overgrown KHHV
>>
>>25098048
40s is concerning to be a khhv. By 40 you typically don’t change and you’re set in your ways. Being in a relationship requires lots of changes in you like not being totally selfish, and communicating issues and needs instead of being passive aggressive.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.